Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Karneval
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 30, 2013 12:24 PM
May 2012
T'was pretty much realistic, even the ending. Overall good.

7/10.
Jun 30, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2012
I'm surprised I really liked this anime. I'm in love with blushing Gareki.

7/10
Jun 30, 2013 1:19 PM

Dec 2012
thepath said:
I can't believe that many reviewers are giving this garbage 10/10 score. This is the most boring anime when compared to the other animes I've watched this season.

5/10
You're giving garbage a 5/10???

According to MAL and common standards, a 5/10 = average
Jun 30, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2009
finally finished this Series... coz of Tsukumo i manage to watch this w/o dropping it ^_^
Jun 30, 2013 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
This whole series was "meh" to me. The two main charactes were more bait than of any use the entire series (yeah, I know they two or three moments), the action wasn't all that great and I never could get very excited about what I was watching. Even though I'd like to see Gareki become useful, I don't know if I'm gonna give the second season a shot if it gets greenlit.

Jun 30, 2013 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
6/10
Jul 1, 2013 1:55 AM

Feb 2010
6/10

This is actually because I'm manga-biased, but I was actually pretty disappointed with how this series turned out. Still crossing my fingers for a (hopefully better) season 2.
Jul 1, 2013 11:37 AM

Feb 2012
Awww.. I want another season. I hate when they make a confusing extra scene u.u I will probably start reading the manga to know what happened next.
Jul 1, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2011
Second season when? Urghhh I need Yogi's backstory animated.

Great, great, great adaptation. The pace may have been fast but it didn't affect my enjoyment at ALL and it stayed true to the manga. I am going to miss this so much it's ridiculous.

This really needs a second season. They have so much more material to animate.

8/10

Yogi was adorable as usual. So was Tsukumo.
Jul 1, 2013 1:02 PM

Oct 2007
This was the worst anime I watched this season i'm surprised that I even manged to finish it. I gave it a 4/10.
Jul 2, 2013 2:05 AM

Jul 2008
Seems like a typical wrap up ending when there's more ahead. It was okay but ultimately nothing was answered or resolved.
Jul 2, 2013 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
anders160196 said:
Tyrel said:
anders160196 said:
Damn subs being crap in the last 3 minutes!!! Can't read what people are saying in the end because whoever subbed this failed miserably -.-

Lol? Subs were fine. At least Anime-Koi. If you're talking about streaming it, then I got nothing else to say but l0l.
I'll try the sub from Anime-Koi then... but what's wrong with streaming stuff??? A lot easier (and faster) than downloading subbed episodes / download a Raw and then download/apply a patch...

Worse Quality. Sometimes it'll screw up like in your case where subs won't be perfectly aligned, etc.
Jul 2, 2013 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
Tyrel said:
anders160196 said:
Tyrel said:
anders160196 said:
Damn subs being crap in the last 3 minutes!!! Can't read what people are saying in the end because whoever subbed this failed miserably -.-

Lol? Subs were fine. At least Anime-Koi. If you're talking about streaming it, then I got nothing else to say but l0l.
I'll try the sub from Anime-Koi then... but what's wrong with streaming stuff??? A lot easier (and faster) than downloading subbed episodes / download a Raw and then download/apply a patch...

Worse Quality. Sometimes it'll screw up like in your case where subs won't be perfectly aligned, etc.
Yea ok... actually i did notice a little difference in video quality, but to me, a decent quality is fine :)

... However in the sub from Anime-Koi, the end was still pretty much fucked up - The subs and the lyrics were kinda mixed together and it didn't work out properly :/
Jul 2, 2013 8:42 PM
Jan 2013
anders160196 said:
Tyrel said:
anders160196 said:
Tyrel said:
anders160196 said:

Yea ok... actually i did notice a little difference in video quality, but to me, a decent quality is fine :)

... However in the sub from Anime-Koi, the end was still pretty much fucked up - The subs and the lyrics were kinda mixed together and it didn't work out properly :/

Um, what codec player you are using? Because if you don't use the right one it won't play the karaoke because it is softsub, and as you see at the ending there are credits , dialogue and ending song running in the background? If you can't play it then download the mp4 version it is hardsub.
Jul 3, 2013 2:56 AM

Dec 2012
Uuuuuhmm... I'm not sure :/ I use Gom player, is that enough information?

And thanks :D
Jul 3, 2013 3:31 AM
Jan 2013
anders160196 said:

No problem, the best codec players which most of the groups recommend it is CCCP because of its xy-vsfilter renderer abilities and I believe many typsetters work their signs based on its render, so yeah if you can grab CCCP (first result in google search) and it will install MPC players which plays most formats even transport streams.
Jul 3, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
anders160196 said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516729&show=0

Mainly because all anime releases (Downloaded) require CCCP/xy-vsfilter etc.
Jul 6, 2013 7:46 AM
Apr 2011
Very good anime, with great fighting action.
i like Tsukumo chan, kawai and strong.
i hope there's will be second seasion.
i give the whole anime 8/10
Jul 6, 2013 9:17 PM

May 2011
What a nice and happy ending, I like it. The ED song was a great match for their good byes as well, or at least a temporary one. Glad to see Gareki determined like that to be a part of this family. And oooh Karoku wakes up at the end.

This was a pretty enjoyable anime overall.
Jul 7, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2013
somehow i dont like the end ...
they shoulve stayed together :c
Jul 7, 2013 4:35 PM

Jul 2010
Nice ending, a bit too open to my liking but it leaves enough room for a possible 2nd season... I just wanted to see Gareki come back as a super awesome Circus member, I've been thinking about what kind of power he would excel in (like weapons or combat etc) but I couldn't come up with something... well there's always the manga I guess
Jul 11, 2013 3:14 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Anime ended with too many questionable things.. needs 2nd season il give 6/10 to this.. I liked the setting and characters and development was also quite good.. but last few episode did sudden rushed jump and as well created situation where lot of things got questionable..

Needs OVA episodes or another series..

Endi was made nicely and most of the stuff got solved (if ignore then questionable things)
Jul 12, 2013 7:36 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't like this final episode that much.
This show had some great moments, but overall it's... not that great.
This has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to a second season if the story is any good past this point.
Still better than most stuff. 6/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 17, 2013 12:38 PM

Jun 2012
Damn I now want a second season. I wasn't to sure about this because the middle episodes were a little slow but it sure picked up at the end. Lots of action and some good plot as well. If they don't announce a second season for a long time I guess ill have to start the manga.

7/10
hope we see a S2.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jul 18, 2013 9:29 PM

Dec 2010
I dont understand, who was that Karoku doppelganger?
Relationship of karoku and that granddaughter? whhhhaa...
Now Im going to read the manga.
Jul 19, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
Oh my gosh, -cries an ocean- this was so heartwarming <3.
The ending, where everyone was wishing Gareki good-bye, I just couldn't refrain from shedding tears <3!!

This is seriously one of the best series I have ever seen. I love the characters, plot, story, action, art, OP & ED...everything is just wonderful.

I really hope they get a season 2! I can't wait to see more of the story between Nai & Karoku, as well as see Gareki come back!
Jul 26, 2013 12:20 AM

May 2013
Season 2, I shall wait for you, so you better exist. I think I'll take a look at the manga series for the time being. 8/10 for me since I'm still unsure about Azana and the revived Karoku :/

Gareki-kun's departure was all sweet XD
Aug 11, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2012
A quite nice ending, but well it ends rather open but still closes everything from this season off quite nicely! I wouldn't mind a second season as this one was enjoyable to watch with funny moments and some great action!

A decent anime in general!
Aug 15, 2013 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
cries* there needs to be more
Aug 17, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
So who is the other Karoku? i don't like the ending.

Only the ost's are catchy in this series and some funny parts

I also quite don't like the characters.

Still i'm gonna watch the season 2 if there is.
8/10
Aug 20, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2013
Nice Ending love the fight scenes its full of action Hoping for second season :D
Aug 25, 2013 2:00 PM
Aug 2009
2nd season please
Aug 29, 2013 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
Alot of potential and lovable characters, but I never felt fully realized.

I'd watch a season 2.

6/10
Oct 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2007
man this was such a disappointing show, the first few episodes were really special and intriguing but it went downhill around the middle and the ending totally sucked.

5/10
forum avatar: Sukisho
profile avatar: Ashita no Nadja
Dec 1, 2013 6:18 AM

Jun 2013
13 episodes in an anime is not enough for me.
I hope there will be second season in the future!
Jan 3, 2014 12:24 AM

Dec 2008
Another shoujo disguised as an interesting show. There could have been so much more fleshing out of the characters and plot regardless of the shows length. If there is a second season ever, I hope the plot really packs a punch because a lot of elements...well not that many really, but at least a few plot devices were unique enough for me to at least passively anticipate a sequel. 4/10
Jan 12, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
ok, I am finally relaxed to say firstly to myself and others, that this anime is surprisingly PERFECT!

till this last episode I can't say any complaining. Every character was great in their own way with normal way of developement without pethetic drama like in most new anime series. Great OST ! wonderful art and animation and story going.

I loved they didn't turn it into some romantic drama or some fast messed up ending. they held it and continued keeping all mysteriousness around Karoku (I also thought they can't possibly reveal all in last episode).

some question was answered, but still many things we don't know still. But I love how characters got a hold of themself :) it's great that Gareki wants to improve and Hiroto is totally sadist for keeping him soo long to decide and to lead him into right direction XD Hiroto is such creepy leader no wonder Akari doesn't ant to talk to him :P

still that old man is such a shit, escaping with his sick little wrench x.x grh.. and Nai, Yogi, Tsukumo..

ahhhh soo much feelings ! great great ! I am really glad I rewatched this !

cause honestly, 1st time when it was ongoing I watched till 5 episode (last one at that time released), and I totally wasn't in mode for watching this so I judged it poorly >_< I know I am sorry.

this show is great ! and I love how they stuck close to manga ! this was great flashback for me since I read manga long ago and I didn't remember a bit of it *o* so this was great reminding !

and 2nd SEASON IS MUST !!!! it really dereves ! stuff, seiyuu, art, music, animation ! everything was great ! not many great fantasy, mystery, action anime like this nowdays !

I give it 10/10
it's for me best spring 2013 anime.
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Mar 4, 2014 7:33 AM

Aug 2009
Truly enjoyed this ending and it was pretty nice. Yogi is too adorable, and the Gareki and Nai bromance is as strong as ever. There are so many questions I need answered so I really wish for a second season, but I don't know if that will happen so I may read the manga. Great series! definitely memorable.

Apr 12, 2014 5:16 PM
Mar 2014
i loved this anime so much im praying for a second season
May 4, 2014 8:11 AM

Oct 2009
Rather unexpectedly and surprisingly, this show pulled off a really satisfying ending. I just couldn't help but smile when Gareki pushed Nai away affectionately after the latter said smtg cheesy cos that's so Gareki.

I wonder if the higher-ups are ever gg to stop being lenient towards the second and first ship captains cos those captains seem to be doing anything they want without having to face any type of consequence whatsoever, at least not shown on-screen.

For a show that's mostly decent at best, the last episode really wrapped quite nicely imo. And the ending where Karoku woke up was a nice touch.
May 4, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2012
Nai is one of the most boring protagonists I have ever seen. Didnt like this enough to give the manga a shot.
May 7, 2014 2:16 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah,Nai was quite boring.the ending itself seems to be begging for a sequel.the last episode was so anti-climatic!i was seriously expecting a lot more from it.the series ended with a whimper,actually.all in all,a pretty forgettable anime for me.
May 26, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
will try the manga eventually but not very impressed with this adaption...it was mostly eye candy and ear candy LOL as well as very obvious fujoshi bait

gknight said:
man this was such a disappointing show, the first few episodes were really special and intriguing but it went downhill around the middle and the ending totally sucked.

5/10

^ oh yeah i was gonna post exactly this
Jun 1, 2014 2:12 PM

Sep 2010
Second season please?!?!

I need to know what happens in anime form ;-(.. Plus the teaser of Karoku waking up at the end.... I guess it's on to the manga for me.
Jul 11, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
I really liked this series. This definitely needs a second season, but either way I loved Karneval. Regardless of what anyone says, I liked the main characters a lot and I felt satisfied at how they wrapped it up.

If it had more episodes or another season, it would probably end up in my favorites.
Dec 19, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2013
Woooooow, what an amazing surprise! I loved this anime, it was so sweet! Was very pleasantly surprised, so glad I picked this up and gave it a go. Definitely underrated; probably because it's a shoujo, but really it feels like a shounen. Apart from the art and the brief shounen ai moments, there was nothing else shoujo-ish; so people came here with different expectations. Maybe the manga is shoujo, but this anime is shounen as it's filled with action-heavy plot and fight scenes, unlike typical shoujo which usually has dramatized plot and romance.

I loved the characters - Nai, Tsukumo, and especially Yogi. I also loved the art so much; it's the main reason why I watch anime, so having beautifully drawn characters, wonderfully colourful scenery and such attention to detail (like the characters' eyes) was really something awesome for me.

I'll definitely be checking out the manga. So sad there is no season 2 or OVAs yet. Also have to mention the ED, which is super catchy.

WE ARE CIRCUS!!!
Jan 9, 2015 7:31 PM
Aug 2014
Ehh well it wasn't a terrible watch, but it was shoujo action after all... 8/10
Jan 28, 2015 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
Very abrupt and anti-climatic ending...rushed as well, too rushed at the end. I'll give it a 6/10 for keeping me watching it.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 28, 2015 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
Totally loved this series. It needs a second season so bad tho like that ending totally put up for a continuation. ._.
Jun 29, 2015 10:41 AM

Feb 2015
I really hope they make a second season. This has become one of my favorite anime!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2013

90 by cacagorilla »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:40 PM

» Possibe Season 2 (considered)

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2013

12 by FurkanTurin12 »»
Aug 2, 2022 7:30 AM

» Karneval, why u no have season 2?!

Kitty-Kate - May 9, 2019

5 by Femuwu »»
May 16, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

60 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:38 AM

Poll: » Karneval (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

54 by A-Simple-Squire »»
Mar 23, 2021 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.