Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 27, 2013 10:25 AM

May 2012
poor Iwai, and i didnt expect that kiss scene...
And is that a season 2 i see? i kinda hope so.
Jun 27, 2013 10:44 AM

May 2007
I just marathoned episodes 6 to 13 and there were moments that I wanted to give this series a 7/10 or lower but the last couple of episodes were great. I ended up really enjoying it and I want to know what the whole deal is with Witchy, who I think is cute btw.

That random kiss, I sort of saw that coming with her talk with Kiri. Also the fact that the secret group is called "Gossip", I wonder if that's why Grayland is known to be the most "brutal" like the whispers and imagination of Gossip created that "Most Brutal Murder Dream" in Kiri's head but I don't think that's the case. Since the dream comes about when something really traumatic happens to you and in this case when Kiri thought he was going to die and not be able to protect Iwai.

I would like to see a 2nd season to see the story develop and I wonder how much of the manga was adapted (I'm going to find out about it in a bit).

My score for this series is a solid 8/10.

Edit:

I skimmed through the manga just now and it looks like the anime was very faithful to the manga and that the anime adapted up to chapter 24 of the manga from the looks of it, the scanlations are only up to chapter 23 currently though.
Jun 27, 2013 11:22 AM
Jan 2013
Tyrel said:
The show had my interest until we got full out loli-fanservice. 4/10. Could of been at least a 6.5 from me.

Oh who cares that it had a "loli" scene, what matters is the story. I can't wait for the next season.
Jun 27, 2013 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
Lykros said:
Tyrel said:
The show had my interest until we got full out loli-fanservice. 4/10. Could of been at least a 6.5 from me.

Oh who cares that it had a "loli" scene, what matters is the story. I can't wait for the next season.

What Story? If anything the story got obliterated, and most people can agree with that from what I've read on other forums, etc. Also symv words take it out of my mouth.

symbv said:
Stark700 said:
Tsundere said:
Yea was that like...season 2 in the preview??
Doesn't seem like the show is over lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if this show gets a season 2.
I would be surprised because sales are not good. In fact fans in Japan are saying they seem to cramp the whole 2nd season in a couple of minutes so that they don't have to do a 2nd season LOL
Jun 27, 2013 2:31 PM
Feb 2013
This show wasted potentiel, though it wasn't bad overall. I won't be begging for a 2nd season but I would watch it if it comes out.

6/10… Maybe 7/10 because of the great BGM. Thanks to Mr. Takanashi
Jun 27, 2013 2:40 PM
Feb 2010
Since the anime is true to the source material, it couldn't very get a proper ending. If they continued, the manga enters intermission for awhile and jumps into the next author. Instead, if we were to take into consideration of how the manga progressed and how the studio adapted the series than it was the most suitable spot for them to end the season. Because they could either end it as a cliffhanger with Witchy and Kiri's confrontation which lead to the path of another season or a Iwai and Kiri moment which allows the studio to go either way.

In the end, I enjoy the anime more than I expected. LOLed at some of the creepy scene as they manage to make it for creepier than the manga. While it has its weird fetishes and loli fanservice, but I don't blame the anime since the animator kept it within the same equivalent amount as the manga.

I think.
Jun 27, 2013 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
Very nice ending and witch got a very nice butt
Jun 27, 2013 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
flyon14 said:
This show wasted potentiel, though it wasn't bad overall. I won't be begging for a 2nd season but I would watch it if it comes out.

6/10… Maybe 7/10 because of the great BGM. Thanks to Mr. Takanashi

Wow, I think our feelings on the series are completely the same. There was a lot of wasted potential with this series, but I'll agree that overall, it wasn't bad. It wasn't good, but far from being terrible. I too would watch a 2nd season if there is one, but I'm not exactly begging for it.

The OSTs were fantastic, one of the few bright spots for the series.
Jun 27, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
*shrugs* I happend to loved this show and look forward to a S2 of it. Ah well. 8 out of 10 over all from me >> If you don't like it then I'll cut your throat with crime edge >>
Jun 27, 2013 3:44 PM
Jan 2013
Love The Witch <3 i ship them
Jun 27, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2013
Hm... I really liked this episode, but it was a very bad way to end a season. I have the feeling that the good parts of the story will start now. If there really is a second season on the way, I will definetely watch it.

I am kinda interested in Violet now. Why would she like Kiri? That kiss came out of nowhere. It looks like Emily and Iwai will be great siblings from now on. Their father would be proud.
Jun 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2011
Season 2? I hope so
Jun 27, 2013 4:52 PM
Jun 2012
I really wanted to see a LOT more tension and fear in Kiri and Iwai's first encounter after he lost it in the forest. :(
Jun 27, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
Worse thing of this anime is perhaps the pacing. In some episode, it felt like they have to stretch a story longer just to make it end at a cliffhanger scene.
Kiri going berserk could've been made faster. The groaning scene is 2-3 times longer than it should be.

WingsOfValor said:
I am kinda interested in Violet now. Why would she like Kiri? That kiss came out of nowhere.
IINM...

BTW, surely Gossip can't afford killing Iwai now, not before she gave birth to the next queen (assuming Iwai's mother is the previous queen). They'll lost their joy in life.
But Kiri is not direct descendant of Greyland… although the original still made no attempt on hinting Iwai's relatives who might gave birth to the next queen.
nseikaJun 27, 2013 5:58 PM
Jun 27, 2013 6:19 PM
Dec 2011
The anime ended at exactly the end of vol 4 (chapter 24). I've seen the raws up to the latest chapter released in Japan and I can confirm that the scenes at the end are definitely from later in the story. If they make another season it will probably cover up to vol 8 or 9. The latest chapter in Japan is in the middle of vol 8 and it looks like the series could end in few more chapters if it is or near the last arc, so it's possible that if there will be another season it will be the last. This increases the chance of another season if it is the last one and if the manga is ending soon.

The teasing at the end reminds me of Saki anime. At the end of the first season they showed scenes that looked like from next season and then a second season of the main series is finally coming. Although the first season was made by Gonzo, the upcoming one is being made by Studio Gokkumi which was established by former Gonzo employees. Crime Edge is also a series by Studio Gokkumi so it's possible that another season will eventually be made.

I actually want to see that scene near the end of chapter 29 get animated because it is pretty much what we've been waiting for to see (you can see it in the Chinese raws).
Jun 27, 2013 6:48 PM
Jul 2008
Well that's over. Not gonna watch the 2nd season. This was too much for me.
Jun 27, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
So with a second season being undetermined, they just revealed everything that happens in it; in the span of of a minute or two at the end? If that's the case, the "Professor" Kanae Sumeragi wasn't kidding when he said he liked little girls...definitely a pedo that I hope Kiri kills, or at least sever his head: doesn't matter which one, big or small.
Jun 27, 2013 9:11 PM

Jul 2009
oh my god. plz more of that blonde.
6/10
would watch s2
Jun 27, 2013 10:53 PM

Oct 2010
Good show. 8-9/10. At least the male character in this series has a pair, unlike some of the protagonists in other shows this season. Gets at least 7/10 in my book for simply having a pair. That's how much male protagonists have degraded in this current anime generation. A second season would be nice. Can't see any reason why they'd end with "Your journey has just begun" if they were planning to scrap the rest of the story. We could...idk... maybe replace one of the multiple, pointlessly generic harem anime every season with this?

I'm perfectly OK with Violet taking Kiri's first kiss. Iwai is all cutesy and stuff, but have a severe aversion of girls who go out of their way to help people, act all goody-two-shoe and treats everyone nicely and the same. Needless to say, if she was actually serious about her relationship with Kiri, then she should probably take that first step and treat him better how she treats everyone else. Nobody waits for you to make your move. The earlybird gets the worm, and gratz to Violet for doing so. Now if she'd only turn yandere for Kiri....
Jun 28, 2013 2:27 AM

Nov 2012
Have to say, enjoyed this show, liked the main protagonist's personality and badass a lot.
Lol those teasers, seems like some disturbing stuff, would def watch season 2!

Also, didn't expect the beast to suddenly grab some ass.

Jun 28, 2013 2:44 AM
Dec 2011
I just saw the BD/DVD sales for the first volume and the BD sold 346 in the first week and DVD not ranked (assumed to be a lot less than BD). From this we can expect the possibility of a second season is very low. But as I explained in my previous post, we might get a second season if we're lucky due to some factors.

It's actually fine with me if we don't get another season since this is adapted from manga which we can still get to see clear images of all the scenes in the story unlike in light novels.
Jun 28, 2013 3:00 AM

Jul 2011
Well, I hope there is a second season but the sales were bad, just because they showed some scenes doesn't mean that there will be a sequel, see Kamisama Dolls for example, however, I will wait for the translations and start reading manga.

7/10
Jun 28, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I had no doubt, the authors they've got in this episode, enriching fanservice. Maybe you also exaggerates a little. Kiri-kun at the end remains satisfied in the end! XD Ending really nice. I do not know but a second season would see only as long as the plot becomes more intriguing, only annoys fanservice in the long run.
Stake cute comedy thanks to Emily and Iwai.
Jun 28, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2007
AP24 said:
I just saw the BD/DVD sales for the first volume and the BD sold 346 in the first week and DVD not ranked (assumed to be a lot less than BD). From this we can expect the possibility of a second season is very low. But as I explained in my previous post, we might get a second season if we're lucky due to some factors.

It's actually fine with me if we don't get another season since this is adapted from manga which we can still get to see clear images of all the scenes in the story unlike in light novels.

Your reasons aren't good ones though. The only reason they do sequels is if the BD/DVD sold well and/or the source material got a boost from the anime and/or merchandise sales are very high. The source material ending is even worse because they have no reason to do a sequel, as the anime already served its purpose of advertising the manga.

This is what fans in Japan thought of that "2nd season preview" at the end:

symbv said:
Stark700 said:
Tsundere said:
I would be surprised because sales are not good. In fact fans in Japan are saying they seem to cramp the whole 2nd season in a couple of minutes so that they don't have to do a 2nd season LOL
EjcJun 28, 2013 6:55 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 28, 2013 7:36 AM

Jul 2011
@symbv Ejc I dunno, many times I saw bad sales getting a sequel, sometimes it seems that there is no logic.
Jun 28, 2013 7:55 AM
Dec 2011
Ejc said:
AP24 said:

Your reasons aren't good ones though. The only reason they do sequels is if the BD/DVD sold well and/or the source material got a boost from the anime and/or merchandise sales are very high. The source material ending is even worse because they have no reason to do a sequel, as the anime already served its purpose of advertising the manga.

This is what fans in Japan thought of that "2nd season preview" at the end:

symbv said:
Stark700 said:
Tsundere said:

It's even worse if the manga is far from over. Judging from how the anime is selling, it has a better chance of getting another season if only one more season is left to finish the series cause if at least two more seasons are needed then they wouldn't bother make more of an anime that is not doing very well.

Also as I said before if the teaser at the end is like the one at the end of Saki anime's first season then it's possible that it's a sign that Crime Edge will eventually get another season. I don't think that teaser is the whole 2nd season cramped so that they don't have to make it. I think the reason for showing that is for two things; one is to make us feel reading the manga so that we know what happens next and the other is to let us know that it's possible the anime will get another season someday.

Like ainky said, some anime with bad sales got a sequel and sometimes there is no logic in it. We'll just have to wait if it will get another season but I don't think there will be any announcement at least until next year.
Jun 28, 2013 7:55 AM

Aug 2011
Pretty good ending with the unexpected, saucy kiss. This ep sums up my thoughts on the series quite nicely. I found the first episode to be a very magical start, I was instantly hooked on the myserious Hair Queen and the killers that hunted her. Loved seeing everyone's Killing Goods in action and how they pitted against each other. Byouinzaka and Emily were among my favourite characters.

I thought the slow period began with Pet Whip and through the fancy dress party. The show started to get strangely lewd which lowered my interests in watching it. I love Crime Edge when it focused more on the killing games and less of naked Iwai. I applaud it for tackling controverial issues like Emily the child assassin and showing Greyland's bloody past. It can get quite explicit at times and then it switches to the bathing scene in this episode. It's a mixed direction which I found it offputting and distracting.

OP and ED were both fantastic. Aimi's song always got me hyped to watch it and the watercolour ED was beautiful to listen to and watch.

6/10. Apart from some unwelcomed moments of nudity, I enjoyed the dark tone of the show overall.
Jun 28, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2007
ainky said:
@symbv Ejc I dunno, many times I saw bad sales getting a sequel, sometimes it seems that there is no logic.

Well there is always a good explanation why anime with bad sales end up getting a sequel. As I said before, did the source material get a big boost from the anime? Was the merchandise sales very good? We know Crime Edge suffered with low BD/DVD sales so that other reason doesn't apply here.

The thing i'm getting at is to not hold your breath for a sequel because the chances are extremely low unless it was planned to be a "split 2-cour" anime. That is one good reason why low sellers still get sequels.

AP24 said:

It's even worse if the manga is far from over. Judging from how the anime is selling, it has a better chance of getting another season if only one more season is left to finish the series cause if at least two more seasons are needed then they wouldn't bother make more of an anime that is not doing very well.

I mentioned that in my reply to @ainky. This is only if it was planned as a split 2-cour anime in the first place.

AP24 said:
Also as I said before if the teaser at the end is like the one at the end of Saki anime's first season then it's possible that it's a sign that Crime Edge will eventually get another season. I don't think that teaser is the whole 2nd season cramped so that they don't have to make it. I think the reason for showing that is for two things; one is to make us feel reading the manga so that we know what happens next and the other is to let us know that it's possible the anime will get another season someday.

The thing is, Saki sold multitudes higher than Crime Edge did. This could have been one off thing where the anime staff just crammed that in to try and get people to buy the anime to try and support getting a 2nd season or to further advertise the manga. Whether this plea worked or not, we have to see.
EjcJun 28, 2013 8:16 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2012
ainky said:
The problem is, it is not bad sales we are talking about, but catastrophically horrendous sales. I can imagine addition push in the form of another expensive TV season be granted if the BD+DVD sales is 2-3k, definitely not good but not disastrously bad either. But here we are talking about 0.3k of sales here. Do we know any midnight anime gets a second season with that kind of sales?

Some people may want to quote anime like Phi Brain but those anime are not midnight anime which puts particular emphasis on disc sales. Phi Brain is an evening anime that is commissioned entirely by a public broadcaster NHK so disc sale is never much of their aim. As long as NHK deems the anime worthy, it can continue to finance a 2nd season, 3rd season without paying any attention to the disc sales. Midnight anime works on very different business model. Perhaps some of the cases where you think there is no logic actually has some logic if you have better idea of how business is run for the anime/manga/LN/merchandise/game industry in Japan.
symbvJun 28, 2013 8:30 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Jul 2011
0.3k?! It's indeed terrible. Well, I am glad that Phi did not have to depend on the sales, I like this show.
Jun 28, 2013 8:39 AM

Jun 2012
3/5
6.5/10
Jun 28, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
ainky said:
0.3k?! It's indeed terrible. Well, I am glad that Phi did not have to depend on the sales, I like this show.
One way that an anime may still happen for Crime Edge is a switch to an OAD model, which is bundling an OVA with a new volume of manga. This involves much less cost and existing fans of the manga may be more willing to shell out 2-3k Yen extra to grab the OVA. That said, this OAD model is more suitable for short story, and the arcs in Crime Edge needs 2-4 episodes to finish, and fans may not like the idea of having to wait for months for the conclusion of an arc in OVA.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 28, 2013 10:47 AM

Jul 2010
More Witchie less Iwai and maybe this could be even "good". Anyway. 6/10, mediocre.
Jun 28, 2013 11:07 AM

Jan 2013
Sadmir said:
There is no way a show like this will ever get a second season.
Even with all the fanservice that was forced in they still didn't manage to sell.

"Even with"? I would say that its forced nature is a contributing factor to why this show isn't that great.

And, you know, the excessive amount of it -- but one thing at a time.
Jun 28, 2013 3:41 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for season 2!!!!!!!!

Love this series + OST.
Jun 28, 2013 7:52 PM

Mar 2011
5/10 for me. This show tried to combine too many genres and atmospheres and the only way to describe it is awkward. Also, too much fanservice and the fetishes were just plain creepy, it would've been better if they just stuck to the main characters hair obsession quirk.
Jun 29, 2013 6:29 AM
May 2012
Overall nice anime. Shit that loli should be killed by Kiri, dafuq man xD.. And that was a season 2 preview?
Jun 29, 2013 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
In what I've seen in the end, I speculate that there will a second season. Anyway, it's a good series.

8/10

Jun 29, 2013 12:17 PM

Dec 2012
the whole show wasn't really bad. it was... interesting because it was rather unique, but i couldn't really get into it.
during the whole last episode i was waiting for the final kiss between kiri and iwai. and then this witch stole his first kiss. i was so angry, ngl. and in the end there was still no kiss between these two main characters >_< i actually enjoyed the moments between them more than the fighting scenes, so i'm disappointed that there was no progress at the end. (okay, iwai said they're probably together, but that doesn't satisfy me.)

5/10
Jun 29, 2013 3:35 PM

Apr 2013
This show would have been a lot better if we didn't have a 10 year old girl as the heroine, I mean seriously it was creepy with all the molesting and licking of her.This started off good with all the fighting but got worse after each episode. The kiss with the blond witch is the only thing I liked in this episode.
5/10 overall
Jun 29, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Well I personally didn't like this series that much, but it wasn't anything too bad. One thing's for sure, the comedy never got me. . . It was a little lame.

Jun 30, 2013 3:57 AM

Aug 2008
Is there a second season? Or baseless frames there... Meh. It was fine.
Jun 30, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2010
This ep is fully SHIT. Haw they could do such final? Nice romance was killed by boobs and harem... Hate making team.
Jun 30, 2013 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
Mehh, should of just skipped this series & played Injustice even more ^^
Jun 30, 2013 5:52 AM

Sep 2012
I wanted to love this show but it was up and down for me. Some episodes were among from favorite episodes of everything shown this spring, others I had to force myself through.

The fetishes, the killing, the romance, the music, the show had a lot going for it. Sadly we won't see the rest of it, will have to decide if I want to buy the manga to see what happens or if I will forget about it...
Jun 30, 2013 12:26 PM
May 2012
The romance was great, the comedy was great, but the killing scenes were kind of unconvincing, maybe because of the censoring, and that sometimes i felt that they are being overshadowed by some random comedy or romance later on.

But i did enjoyed it overall. 7/10.
Jul 1, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2011
The series was alright at most. That kiss from witchie was good though lol. Dont know about season 2 cause if anyone remembers Binbougami did the same thing too.
Jul 1, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
Well... even if the anime isn't selling well, that teaser at the end made me need to know how it ends so I ordered all the manga...

If they put the first ED 硝子の三日月 on CD sometime I will have to buy it. Anyone heard what was on the CD with BD1?
Jul 3, 2013 7:32 PM

Apr 2009
"Of course. It's been too long since I cut your hair."

I liked how all their enemies so far had met different fates - some died (hammer guy & Rulebook), some gave up (Pet Whip), some became friends (Injection) and now Emily (Opener) has really become Iwai's adopted little sister.

After all that talk about manufacturing murderers and making them bear children to produce Authors, for a moment there I thought Violet was gonna rape him in the hospital. Well, stealing first kisses can sometimes do some psychological damage as well...

That final haircut scene between lovers made me remember the one in FMP: TSR.

Overall, not bad. It had its flaws (mostly with overkill censorship and dragged out fights), but it was still enjoyable.

I'll just leave this here: at this part we're only at Volume 4, and there are at least 7 volumes out now for the manga.
Jul 5, 2013 7:55 AM
Apr 2011
OMG, this is really strange anime.... and the only thing that keep me watch till the end is the Loli.
What the most i like is, episode 11-13, because there is full Loli fan service...
I give this anime 7/10 because of Kawai Loli.....
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» It took me over a year to finish...

Kiryotsu - Nov 3, 2023

2 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2013

63 by DerKaisern »»
Jul 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2013

94 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:16 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2013

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:44 PM

Poll: » Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2013

80 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.