Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2009 6:07 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems that this episode isn't to popular nobody has made a topic for them yet. I am very intrigued by the "masked man" it was rather kawaii when she jumped on him because she is scared of thunderstorms. Also his thing about maybe marrying her was rather odd, I mean he had to now that she was the consort of the Emperor for that short time. Anxious for the next episode...
Mar 24, 2009 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
i'm really curious about why Reishin won't tell Shuurei that he is her uncle and Kijin's intentions towards her. i hope Ryuuki will get the document to pass. (which i'm sure will anyway. XP)

Jul 26, 2009 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
Ok...so maybe I was wrong about the woman thing :( Darn, it woulda been so cool too...oh well.

Anyways, it was really cute how Shuurei screamed and jumped on top of Mr.Mask. :)
Sep 26, 2009 9:59 PM

Oct 2007
I lol'ed so hard when Ryuuki gets all freaked out when he sense Shuurei's presence... freaking goes "WHAT WHERE?! WHERE!!!"

haha...
Oct 9, 2009 8:38 AM
Sep 2009
Aww, what a cute episode. I had to pause it when Shuurei was found on top of the Mr. Mask dude (can't remember his name for some reason >.<) by the two others working in the department, because I was laughing so hard. It would be weird if he asked to marry her, but a little competition between the Ryuuki and him would be hilarious.
Feb 23, 2011 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
lol. Nice Kenshin scar, Ensei.

Jun 23, 2012 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
I liked the quote for this episode, "A journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step." I knew it way back in high school, oh man that brought back memories. :D

iLove3P said:
I lol'ed so hard when Ryuuki gets all freaked out when he sense Shuurei's presence... freaking goes "WHAT WHERE?! WHERE!!!"

haha...

Yeah the Emperor has an uncanny 'spider sense' specifically attuned to her. XD

Another Imperial Court character. Wait...according to their conversation, the guy who introduced himself to Shuurei as 'Oji-san', he's a real uncle to her. Maybe he could be a brother to Shuurei's father, Shouka? It seems he also adopted Kouyuu, so that makes Shuurei and Kouyuu first cousins by affinity?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 20, 2013 5:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Okay nevermind, I see why Kijin is weird even if he didn't wear masks. The way he speaks is so monotone and blunt? He's an interesting character. I think it's fairly obvious to anyone that Shuurei is not a boy...especially her voice lol :P it does seem like Kijin has taken a liking to her which is good, it gives a higher possibility that the proposal for women to take the exam to be accepted by him.
Oct 10, 2013 11:58 PM

Jan 2008
Cute episode so much more to go through though totally forgot about that dude being her uncle though.
May 7, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2009
Great Episode!

Shuurei is a hard worker! Even if she's a woman, she still can do these physical tasks with no problem!

Seems Kou, Houju has taken a liking to her :)

And wow! I actually thought that Uncle guy was Kou himself. So he's Shuurei's true uncle? He's also related Koyuu is related to him? Does that mean Koyuu and Shuurei are relatives??

And that scream! That was really loud! She could have been mistaken as a woman in that instant!

Shuurei really wants to pursue being an officer of the parliament. I do hope Ryuuki manages to pass the bill!

Wonder what Reishin and Kou are planning? They don't seem bad guys so far.

Ryuuki's really desperate to see Shuurei!

and wow Kou's mask opened O___O

I hope to see more exciting scenes in future episodes!!!!
May 27, 2014 11:57 PM

Aug 2013
Reishin is really Shuurei's uncle haha. No wonder he was so happy when she called oji-san :p I wonder why he won't or can't tell her the truth though. He dotes on her so I doubt he'd do anything that would bring her harm.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 28, 2014 6:20 PM
Jun 2014
So many funny moments: Ryuuki's reaction and Kou's mask while drinking tea. lol

This series is really exceeding my expectations. It has some really funny and heartfelt moments
soandso-Aug 31, 2014 1:18 PM
Mar 18, 2019 8:24 PM

Apr 2009
well, he was obviously rejected for being prettier than the woman,
such is the fate of pretty boys and handsome men.
(i just reached this conclusion when they mentioned he wears a mask since he got rejected)

-ouch, i kept facepalming so hard when she assaulted the poor fella,
scared of thunderstorms, prlffft,
KonaniMar 18, 2019 8:42 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jul 17, 2022 4:37 AM

Feb 2012
More mysteries and secret identities. It hasn't been made clear yet what happened to all the brothers of the emperor, so whenever a new character is now introduced, including the masked man, I'm wondering whether we'll get another brother added to the cast.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 33 Discussion

tofei - Jun 28, 2012

5 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 22, 7:47 AM

» Which other anime feature an official as the protagonist ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

1 by Amuvlet »»
Mar 5, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 8, 2009

16 by agricheria »»
Mar 3, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

CrackityJones - Oct 26, 2010

12 by korogoro »»
Jul 18, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 14, 2009

32 by savvyg »»
Feb 16, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.