Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Beautiful! Color pages to start and end this chapter in Gangan Joker July 2013. I love the alternate cover for volume 9 that comes with it too.

Teiichi wants to suspend the club.

Rumors are swirling of Yuuko in the new school building. Teiichi can feel her lingering affection but Kirie tells him to return to reality. He says Yuuko lost her anchor when the old school building was torn down. There is a small difference in the 7 wonders up to now. He is going to tell a new ghost story so Yuuko can return.

Momoe wants to reopen the club.

They spread rumours but the rumors change from that of Yuuko disappearing with the old school building to her disappearing with the living human boy she liked. They seemed to have disappeared from the school together.

Sakura petals fall and among them... Yuuko is back! She is standing by the school gates. So lovely to see her smiling face again. And they have found each other again. And they are holding hands!

But this talk... don't they appear happy? There was now talk about leaving the school grounds being the 7th of the 7 wonders! And they appear to be doing just that!

---

I loved the happy ending of the anime and I love this happy ending as well.

Turns out this isn't the final chapter after all! We get an epilogue next month! Can't wait for that!

And volume 9 isn't the last one either. I thought it would be but it ends at chapter 42 so there will be a final volume 10 I guess. Seems like it will be a little light with 43-45 + epilogue but perhaps they will have some bonus content? Who knows... or just a slim volume 10. Or maybe more than one epilogue chapter??? Anyways, volume 10 is coming in the fall.
hpulleyJun 24, 2013 7:34 PM
Jun 25, 2013 5:48 AM

Nov 2008
A very nice, but in a way, a still a somewhat melancholy ending.

I've now had a chance to read the chapter more closely, and I realize that my speculation about chapter 44 did come to pass - Teiichi did join Yuuko. The final sentence at the bottom left of the last page says that "Teiichi and Yuuko, from then on, were always together".

Hmmm - I wonder if the epilogue will explain (or least hint at) what was meant by Teiichi and Yuuko being together forever.
dbaranyiJun 27, 2013 7:37 AM
Jun 27, 2013 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit, Teiichi committed suicide? Bad ending for me if the MC didn't recover from his day dream and find a real woman...

He had 2 very good choices, one is even related to Yuuko... What are they going to do now? Poor Kirie is probably so devastated...

Bad ending for me, is this what every Japanese teenager go through?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 27, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
I thought it was clear that they disappeared together. And I think it is a happy ending, love! The main couple is always together in Japanese romances. Kirie, sadly, never had a chance, as sad as we may feel for her.
Jun 27, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2008
hpulley said:
I thought it was clear that they disappeared together. And I think it is a happy ending, love! The main couple is always together in Japanese romances. Kirie, sadly, never had a chance, as sad as we may feel for her.

Yes, they "disappeared" together, but in what sense? The implication of "always together" is that he is dead. If not, is he out, wandering the world with a ghostly girlfriend, like an updated "Topper"? Are they in an alternate reality? The epilogue owes the readers some explanation. (But I bet we get fan service instead.)
Jun 27, 2013 12:40 PM
Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Holy shit, Teiichi committed suicide? Bad ending for me if the MC didn't recover from his day dream and find a real woman...

He had 2 very good choices, one is even related to Yuuko... What are they going to do now? Poor Kirie is probably so devastated...

I see you are simply Kirie fanboy. Being related to Yuuko would make picking her even WORSE.
If he wouldn't join Yuuko, he'd better live alone and wait until he dies.

I don't get how do you pull such strange conclusions about Japanese teenagers... this is manga, man. This is fictional love story about GHOSTS. You know, things out of this world.
Jun 27, 2013 10:21 PM
Jun 2013
To be honest, I don't think he would have committed suicide. I can't read Japanese text very well, so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything that specifically states that he's committed suicide, but there's no way Yuuko would be happy about him giving up his life to be with her, especially since they'd end up meeting again in the afterlife anyway, so it does seem like a pretty stupid thing to do. I know this is fictional, and watching the one you love disappear in front of your eyes would no doubt be traumatising, but come on, the characters' have to have some common sense. She is a ghost, after all.

Note that in the last few pages, as he's running to the outside of the school building, he passes a male student who jumps out of his way. I mean, if the author is implying that Teiichi really is a ghost, the student might have just been pushed aside by his presence, but they may as well have had drawn the student walking past normally, or not have had him drawn at all. The next page also shows a female student startled as he's running down the stairs. Once again, if he was a ghost, drawing that student wouldn't serve any purpose. It could be a technique used by the author to make the reader question his death.

Lastly, if Yuuko had left the land of the living forever, why does Teiichi see her in front of the school building? Does that mean that she did return, and Teiichi's suicide was for nothing, or is she simply there to take him into the afterlife? Or she may have just returned for reasons currently unknown, now free to leave the school grounds, and Teiichi spends the rest of his life being 'haunted' by her, just like in the anime.

Just from all these little things I've noticed while reading some of the comments here and looking over the manga again, I think there's more proof that Teiichi's alive rather than dead. That's the way I see it, and I could be wrong, but I guess we'll just have to wait for the Epilogue to resolve all our questions.
Jun 28, 2013 3:02 AM

Nov 2008
DJZade - What we know from the chapter is that:

1 - Teiichi decides to bring Yuuko back by creating new "rumours" about her.

Although the Teiichi started the rumours, the rumours then evolved on their own in re-telling to the point that Teiichi is finally surprised by the rumour that Yuuko disappeared with a boy from the school

2 - Teiichi comes to the conclusion that the destruction of the old haunted school building has freed Yuuko from being trapped in the school.

From this and the last rumour Teiichi decides that Yuuko must be outside of the school, runs out, finds her there, and goes off with her.

That seems to imply that we have the "Topper" solution. (If you've never seen the old movies, look them along with Thorne Smith in Wiki.)

But then we also have the last sentence. Does "together forever" imply only the Topper solution or has Teiichi become a ghost too? The reader doesn't know.
Jun 28, 2013 3:37 AM

Sep 2012
Some of us in this thread read Japanese so we aren't just looking at the pictures.

Yes, you're right that he created a new rumor to try and give her a new anchor because she lost her old one when the old school building was demolished. But the new rumor took on a life of its own. He had just been intending to draw her to the new school as he wanted to find her again.

The fact that it says it seems they disappeared from the school combined with the fact that it says they will be together forever leads me to believe that, whether by the power of the new rumor or something else not yet explained, Teiichi is now a ghost too. If instead Yuuko became real then I think the rumor would have been that the ghost girl appeared at the school rather than that the two had disappeared from the school...

BUT, and it's a big BUT, I suppose that he could have run out of the school, as noted above dodging a few fellow students along the way, found an alive Yuuko outside the school and the two decided to run off together for some reason, never to be seen again. This seems unlikely to me but... I suppose it is possible. So I would say there is very faint hope that perhaps Yuuko is alive again instead and that the disappearance is metaphorical. The word CAN be used for someone who is sent away, normally it is not used to say someone turned into a ghost.

And it does NOT say Teiichi committed suicide. The word for suicide is not used anywhere in chapter 45.

Anyways, on July 22nd or a few days after I shall read it in the next issue of Gangan Joker! I wonder is there one epilogue chapter or a few???
Jun 28, 2013 3:51 AM

Nov 2008
Harry - There is no "rumour" or other indication that Yuuko is back in any form other than that of a ghost. So I think that we can apply Occam's Razor and focus on what became of Teiichi instead of speculating that somehow Yuuko was resurrected.
Jun 28, 2013 4:03 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ Agreed. But it also doesn't say he became a ghost, just that he disappeared... hopefully the epilogue will give an answer.
Jun 28, 2013 6:09 AM
Jun 2013
hpulley - Yeah, most of my observations mainly came based on what was shown rather than what was said. My Japanese skills are pretty weak (I've read the English translation of the manga up to chapter 44 instead) so I can't really make out everything that's being said; just got a bit impatient and went ahead and "read" the untranslated pages, aha.

But yeah, "disappeared" could have been used metaphorically, which is what I was sorta lead to believe, rather than Teiichi becoming a ghost (from which you can sort of assume that he may have committed suicide if that is really the case, though it wasn't explicitly mentioned). I don't believe that Yuuko would come back alive, but instead simply no longer be bound to the school grounds now that she's properly been laid to rest. Although, there's still no explanation as to why she hasn't moved on to the afterlife, but that could be due to the result of the rumors that were started?

Anyway, it seems like it's turned out to be a happier ending that I thought; at least they've been reunited, which is all I hoped for since Yuuko disappeared. I'd prefer it if Teiichi doesn't become a ghost, since it'd just be tragic for both Kirie and Momoe, since they both had feelings for him (more so for Kirie). Guess we'll just have to wait 'til next month for an epilogue... probably longer for me, since I'll have to wait for a translation to fully understand what's going on. :P
Jul 8, 2013 6:32 AM

Oct 2010
A surprising ending öö
I hoped that it didn't end like the anime >-<

Though i only know what was written here, want to say what i think:
1. Maybe there comes a Sequel? as Yuuko remembers her past, the title makes no sense and we start a new series? (well, would be great, but i don't believe it ._.)

2. Maybe Teiichi was something like spirited away? I know it's from another series, but the whole thing with him seeing her past and wake up at the shrine is not normal too. So maybe he just "disappeared" or something? At least i would like that more than he commits suicide >_<
Jul 8, 2013 10:57 AM

Sep 2011
icraguldia said:
GodlyKyon said:

I see you are simply Kirie fanboy. Being related to Yuuko would make picking her even WORSE.

I don't get how do you pull such strange conclusions about Japanese teenagers... this is manga, man. This is fictional love story about GHOSTS. You know, things out of this world.

NO I am a NOT(I like Yuko too)

The part about Japanese teenagers was me joking about the oh-so-often reported suicide rate in Japan, and how the story portrays it

I thought the whole point of the story and the idea of a ghost is that they can't rest because they have had something that has haunted them? Having ghost is cool and all, but having him ending up with Yuko ruins a bit of the story to me.

Whats suppose to the moral? "If you are ronery then meet a ghost(something that no one can see) and then die?" I mean, that renders the 2 other characters' roles into side characters. Okonogi is just turned into a token "Genki girl" or something.

I thought that Kirie's role in the story was to be an end heroine... That's a part of why I am mad about the ending.

But it seems like I was wrong, I didn't read the chapter yet, but what was forever suppose to imply? Only the afterlife is forever...

But if he DOES end up becoming a ghost... I seriously think that is unforgivable, BOTH momoe and Kirie would have been devastated.(But I would LOL if they end up committing suicide too and then end up together in the after life. I could just imagine Kire: "Hey... What the HELL WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU LEFT US! IDIOT!" Momoe: "Kirie is right blah blah blah" Yuuko: "-________-" )

DJZade said:
To be honest, I don't think he would have committed suicide. I can't read Japanese text very well, so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything that specifically states that he's committed suicide, but there's no way Yuuko would be happy about him giving up his life to be with her, especially since they'd end up meeting again in the afterlife anyway, so it does seem like a pretty stupid thing to do. I know this is fictional, and watching the one you love disappear in front of your eyes would no doubt be traumatising, but come on, the characters' have to have some common sense. She is a ghost, after all.

Note that in the last few pages, as he's running to the outside of the school building, he passes a male student who jumps out of his way. I mean, if the author is implying that Teiichi really is a ghost, the student might have just been pushed aside by his presence, but they may as well have had drawn the student walking past normally, or not have had him drawn at all. The next page also shows a female student startled as he's running down the stairs. Once again, if he was a ghost, drawing that student wouldn't serve any purpose. It could be a technique used by the author to make the reader question his death.

Lastly, if Yuuko had left the land of the living forever, why does Teiichi see her in front of the school building? Does that mean that she did return, and Teiichi's suicide was for nothing, or is she simply there to take him into the afterlife? Or she may have just returned for reasons currently unknown, now free to leave the school grounds, and Teiichi spends the rest of his life being 'haunted' by her, just like in the anime.

Just from all these little things I've noticed while reading some of the comments here and looking over the manga again, I think there's more proof that Teiichi's alive rather than dead. That's the way I see it, and I could be wrong, but I guess we'll just have to wait for the Epilogue to resolve all our questions.

I wouldn't expect much common sense from this universe, considering how many of the students freaked the hell out when Aka-san came out, when the guy is just... A cloak guy
GodlyKyonJul 8, 2013 11:43 AM
Jul 9, 2013 7:48 PM

Nov 2011
And as I thought, she came back and they are forever again...with the new rumors. I can't say this is the best ending but definitely a happy one. (similar to the anime I guess). One thing is for certain though for this:

Beautiful colored image. Yuuko-chan <33

8/10.

I wish there could be more chapters.....
Jul 9, 2013 7:50 PM

Jan 2011
New rumours started spreading and in the end Yuuko came back. I really like this ending. Seeing Teiichi being full of regret and sad was pretty painful. I really want to see Teiichi and Yuuko live forever, even as ghosts. xD Those colour pictures are very beautiful. Can't wait for the epilogue.
Jul 10, 2013 4:11 AM
Apr 2011
"YOU FOUND ME!"

Sounds like a song.

Bitter sweet ending because I believe Teichi kinda got spirited away. Sad ending for Kirie, happy ending for Yuuko.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jul 10, 2013 4:55 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, the color pages are beautiful from Gangan Joker, I'm so glad they did that! I wonder if they will have some color pages in volume 10?

Nozoki Ana is re-releasing the whole series in full color (3 was last month, 4 this month, 13 volumes total) and I love them! I wish more series would do that, this one would be beautiful in color which is why I love the anime too.

This manga ending is sadder so far than the anime ending especially as the anime got a bonus episode after the emotional ending. I don't expect any gag o-furo chapters like that after the manga ending.
Jul 10, 2013 5:05 AM

Dec 2010
I'm not sure what to think of this ending. Sounds like a terrible ending to me. Yuuko is a ghost and she should've disappeared forever. Not come back.

In any case whatever the epilogue may be I think I'll be sticking with a 6/10 score most likely. Was good but I think they really messed up this ending. All the characters should've just been happy that she finally passed on.
Jul 10, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2009
"You... found me again."

Lovely color pages. Wow, last minute appearances by practically every named character from the past chapters. From ghost to guardian goddess, huh. I doubt any of her fans (in-universe or in real life) would have a problem with that. Teiichi... got "spirited away" it seems. He was more than willing, so that's a happy ending for the two I guess. Sorry Kirie, I can only wish that if he really disappeared then at least she and the others lose memories of him so it's not going to hurt.

Yuuko regaining form actually kinda makes sense from how we knew from past chapters that her appearance depended on what people thought about her - Teiichi spreading new rumors about a friendly Yuuko made it happen. If he really did turn ghost though then one can also argue that Yuuko didn't come back; it was Teiichi who finally came to be with her.

Now I'm even more interested in the epilogue. I expect it to shed light on Teiichi's final fate and how his closest friends would take it.
Jul 10, 2013 6:42 AM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
And as I thought, she came back and they are forever again...with the new rumors. I can't say this is the best ending but definitely a happy one. (similar to the anime I guess). One thing is for certain though for this:

Beautiful colored image. Yuuko-chan <33

8/10.

I wish there could be more chapters.....

I liked this ending a bit more than the anime , but they were both good.
It makes me a bit sad of how this is the last chapter the story was amazing and i loved it !! Can't wait for the epilouge next month to see how teichi found yuuko-chan <33
The colored pages were beautiful <3 especially the one with Yuuko-chan :) <3
Jul 10, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2011
darkwap said:
I'm not sure what to think of this ending. Sounds like a terrible ending to me. Yuuko is a ghost and she should've disappeared forever. Not come back.

In any case whatever the epilogue may be I think I'll be sticking with a 6/10 score most likely. Was good but I think they really messed up this ending. All the characters should've just been happy that she finally passed on.

I really thhink so too, the whole point of ghosts is that they're stuck, right ?

Even expecists do not kill them, rhey allow rhem to be passed to the next life, Teiichi ande others should have passed on with life.
Jul 10, 2013 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
YUUKO!

All I wanted was to see her again. I didn't expect that ending though, it may be a happy ending for Yuuko and Teiichi but with him disappearing, Kirie and Okonogi have lost a friend. Kind of crazy that the students created a new rumour which had the power to make that possible.

I loved the colour pages as well, great way to end this chapter.
Jul 10, 2013 11:11 AM

Sep 2011
So... What exactly happened? Did Teiichi die or is he living in his fantasy right now?

Having Yuuko come back really ruins it to me, I hope the epiloue is some kind of alternative story, or tells how he gets over his loneliness, he's made REAL friends for god's sake, Kirie And Okonogi.

Waiting for thee
Ilogue
Jul 11, 2013 2:55 AM

Dec 2009
Does anyone know when can we expect the epilogue chapter to arrive?
Jul 11, 2013 4:19 AM

Sep 2012
Karasuchan said:
Does anyone know when can we expect the epilogue chapter to arrive?
It comes out in the magazine Gangan Joker on July 22nd. My order hopefully arrives on the 23rd. As for when raws or scanlations will show up, I don't know as I only buy and read the real thing.
Jul 11, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2011
I really liked how this chapter went, with the letting everyone into at least part of the truth of Yuuko. And then it all possibly bringing her back, yes, the color pages were lovely. :)
Jul 19, 2013 1:26 PM

Oct 2011
As expected, Teiichi gets reunited with his beloved Yuuko-san. I can't say I like the implication that he may have commit suicide though. Maybe I'm reading too deep behind the lines that they will be together forever. Hope the epilogue will address this open ending.

Jul 19, 2013 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
Dashiawia said:
As expected, Teiichi gets reunited with his beloved Yuuko-san. I can't say I like the implication that he may have commit suicide though. Maybe I'm reading too deep behind the lines that they will be together forever. Hope the epilogue will address this open ending.

You are not the only one who thout of that, though there is a chance that he didn't... I don't like the idea that the ghost comes back, the whole reason they are here is that they have unfulfilled things, which has been done, she should have left.

Tiugh there id a chance that he DID NOT kill himself, since, mean, he could just be hallucinating.
Jul 20, 2013 11:08 AM
Feb 2012
Depending on how the epilogue turns out, I really liked the ambiguity the chapter ended with. Beautiful drawings to boot.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 20, 2013 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
1 more chapter.
Loved it though.

8/10 as a whole.
Jul 21, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2009
Hey guys i'm at loss, is this really the final chapter? because it says here on mal there are 46 chapters and not 45 , can anybody please answer me
Jul 21, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2010
devilscorner said:
Hey guys i'm at loss, is this really the final chapter? because it says here on mal there are 46 chapters and not 45 , can anybody please answer me

It's the last chapter. The 46 for MAL is the Epilogue. Epilogue isn't a "chapter", so the 45th was the last chapter ;)
Jul 23, 2013 2:50 AM

Sep 2009
ohh
ZorroGuevara said:
devilscorner said:

It's the last chapter. The 46 for MAL is the Epilogue. Epilogue isn't a "chapter", so the 45th was the last chapter ;)

ohh okies, thanks for clarifying that to me, now i can read it without worrying that i still need to wait for 1 more chapter to finish the story.
Jul 29, 2013 3:29 PM
Jul 2013
GodlyKyon said:
icraguldia said:
GodlyKyon said:

NO I am a NOT(I like Yuko too)

The part about Japanese teenagers was me joking about the oh-so-often reported suicide rate in Japan, and how the story portrays it

I thought the whole point of the story and the idea of a ghost is that they can't rest because they have had something that has haunted them? Having ghost is cool and all, but having him ending up with Yuko ruins a bit of the story to me.

Whats suppose to the moral? "If you are ronery then meet a ghost(something that no one can see) and then die?" I mean, that renders the 2 other characters' roles into side characters. Okonogi is just turned into a token "Genki girl" or something.

I thought that Kirie's role in the story was to be an end heroine... That's a part of why I am mad about the ending.

But it seems like I was wrong, I didn't read the chapter yet, but what was forever suppose to imply? Only the afterlife is forever...

But if he DOES end up becoming a ghost... I seriously think that is unforgivable, BOTH momoe and Kirie would have been devastated.(But I would LOL if they end up committing suicide too and then end up together in the after life. I could just imagine Kire: "Hey... What the HELL WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU LEFT US! IDIOT!" Momoe: "Kirie is right blah blah blah" Yuuko: "-________-" )

DJZade said:

I wouldn't expect much common sense from this universe, considering how many of the students freaked the hell out when Aka-san came out, when the guy is just... A cloak guy

But that's how it ended! And nothing you can do about it!
Jul 29, 2013 3:30 PM
Jul 2013
GodlyKyon said:
So... What exactly happened? Did Teiichi die or is he living in his fantasy right now?

Having Yuuko come back really ruins it to me, I hope the epiloue is some kind of alternative story, or tells how he gets over his loneliness, he's made REAL friends for god's sake, Kirie And Okonogi.

Waiting for thee
Ilogue

Nothing you can do LOL.
Jul 29, 2013 3:48 PM

Sep 2011
Kirie was probably my favorite character of her archtype... FUCK!!!!!! She DESERVED to be the end heroine, she worried herself to DEATH for dumbass Teiichi

GRRR
Aug 1, 2013 2:24 AM

Aug 2008
Great ending!

First of Ghost Stories! reading this manga you should know you can't take the word for it so that last bit you never know the real truth, but you do know that they "found each other again: and are happy together: having disappeared together" make it what you will. it was perfect for this series.

The Epilogue will give us clear answers maybe?

as for people who are upset Kirie was left alone? I agree that she was a great character. she cared for Teiichi, but her greater role in this story was to find answers to appease her grandma's sadness, which she achieved thanks to help from Teiichi. that it self is great. but her ending up with him would defeat the Romance build up between Yuuko and Teiichi love story in this whole series. so yea she was not left alone, life is ahead of her. her goal was achieved.

any for me all was great. look forward to the epilogue.
ChimasternmayOct 25, 2013 12:32 AM
Aug 1, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2012
Japanese romances almost never change mid course. A Yuuko x Teiichi ending was really the only one possible. Just doesn't tend to happen in Japan that someone other than the main original couple is together in the end. Super rare that there is a switch. They seem to like fate, star crossed lovers like Yuuko and Teiichi who overcome time, space and death to remain together forever.
Aug 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
Weird ending to me....
I would've never expected Yuuko and Teiichi to end up together.
It's just way too unrealistic. I would've expected something like a flashfoward where Teiichi is dying of old age and finally gets to be together with Yuuko.
Aug 10, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2012
At the end, when she is waiting for him at the school gate, at least for me personally I think it implies that she can leave the school now. So regardless if she is still a ghost or whatever, if she can leave the school, then they can certainly be together forever.
Sep 14, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
jose21 said:
Weird ending to me....
It's just way too unrealistic. I would've expected something like a flashfoward where Teiichi is dying of old age and finally gets to be together with Yuuko.

Oh yeah, because the the whole story is completely realistic. xD

I think you're kinda right about the flashfoward, but i don't really know... Yeah, it could be more comprehendable, but that's the cutiful in this.
Stories like Spice and Wolf, Tasogare, etc. in which couples that by logic(Whichever logic you may find on them xD) shouldn't be able to be together... find a way to do it.

I first saw the anime ending like 2 years ago... and i really love it!
A few months ago i saw the manga ending(raws) and love it more!(Well, maybe the same, but with some nostalgic feels, i feel it more)
And today i saw it translated, and... maaan. *manly tears
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki, Houtarou
Sep 14, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Japanese romances almost never change mid course. A Yuuko x Teiichi ending was really the only one possible. Just doesn't tend to happen in Japan that someone other than the main original couple is together in the end. Super rare that there is a switch. They seem to like fate, star crossed lovers like Yuuko and Teiichi who overcome time, space and death to remain together forever.

Too idealistic, I always saw them as just star crossed lovers, they can never be together. I mean, it is true at they cantouch each other, but Yuuko is a ghost!

Would be awakward when he gets old and Yuuko is still a 16 year old girl(body)

Like Kirie said "come back to reality!"
Sep 24, 2013 5:57 PM

May 2013
That was a nice ending.
Oct 26, 2013 3:00 PM
Oct 2010
those last pages, HNGGGGG
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
GodlyKyon said:

Too idealistic, I always saw them as just star crossed lovers, they can never be together. I mean, it is true at they cantouch each other, but Yuuko is a ghost!

Would be awakward when he gets old and Yuuko is still a 16 year old girl(body)

Like Kirie said "come back to reality!"

They PERFECTLY can be together forever now. He was " spirited away". He become ghost without dying (suicide teory is plain stupid). Yuuko was "bound" to oldschool building but her regrets are gone(she can leave school territory now), now she is bound to Teichi, because he was her "final regret". Very happy ending for them and i really like it ^__^ Authors did really good job :D
BTW: I dont know whats going on with this chap 46? Id rather leave it the way it is now... I just hope they dont ruin it, and this rather fragile ending can be very easily ruined... And if it turns out my theory was wrong, than Im going to curse authors into eternal damnation...
NeutroNShivAMar 11, 2014 3:06 PM
Jun 23, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
jose21 said:
Weird ending to me....
That's cliche as fuck, the manga nailed it in my opinion.

10/10
Aug 11, 2014 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
Wow!!! This shocked me! So he is dead?!

I loved the ending a this chapter. The color pages were magnificent and added a really nice touch to the revelation. I want to know more!

------------

Since I'm reading this from the "future" why is there still 10 chapters left? I hope they don't screw this ending up. It's a bittersweet ending but it JUST fits!
Nov 22, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
ClementIV said:
Wow!!! This shocked me! So he is dead?!

I loved the ending a this chapter. The color pages were magnificent and added a really nice touch to the revelation. I want to know more!

------------

Since I'm reading this from the "future" why is there still 10 chapters left? I hope they don't screw this ending up. It's a bittersweet ending but it JUST fits!

Where are you reading it? The place I'm reading it at has chapter 45 as the last chapter. xD

And wow, this ending is a hell of a lot better than the anime ending.
Nov 1, 2015 8:36 AM
Nov 2015
a very good ending, i think that yuuko will wait for teiichi until he is old ,besides yuuko can get out of the school so she will be start living with teiichi in his house and help him get a job or bussiness until the time comes that teiichi will be dead and finally they'll be able to go to heaven together and have a happilly ever after
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 54 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Jul 1, 2023

1 by rmahoney717 »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:43 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Aug 15, 2011

13 by Kiba_Senpai »»
May 28, 2023 5:32 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 13 Discussion

BladerJC - Aug 1, 2010

16 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Apr 2, 2023 10:18 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 7 Discussion

ClementIV - Jun 14, 2010

8 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 14, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Chapter 4 Discussion

-Kazu - May 23, 2010

3 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Feb 5, 2023 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.