Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think you'll switch any time in the future?
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
Apr 30, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
Tried to find out what you were talking about. This is all I got.

http://www.hummingbirds.net/
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 30, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
iSheep said:
Tried to find out what you were talking about. This is all I got.

http://www.hummingbirds.net/
I think it's hummingbird.ly or they changed it to hummingbird.me .
Apr 30, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
one is enough for me.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Apr 30, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2009
mal is beethoven. hummingbird is justin beeber
Apr 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
RandomChampion said:

justin boober
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Apr 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
TobiOrNotTobi said:
RandomChampion said:

justin boober

myanimelist is boob. hummingbird is foot bunion
Apr 30, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2008
RandomChampion said:
TobiOrNotTobi said:
RandomChampion said:

justin boober

Haters gonna hate.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Apr 30, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2009
KyuuAL said:
RandomChampion said:
TobiOrNotTobi said:
RandomChampion said:

justin boober

Haters gonna hate.

myanimelist is player. hummingbird is hater
Apr 30, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2013
My internett isn't the fastest, but their servers is in china or something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2009
Mizunashii said:
My internett isn't the fastest, but their servers is in china or something

myanimelist is pentagon's internet. hummingbird is mizunashii's internet
Jun 8, 2014 4:26 AM

May 2010
Sorry for being ignorant but what exactly is hummingbird.me ? I visited the site awhile ago because MAL was down , I made my account and checked the whole site . Is hummingbird same as MAL ?

I even saw one thread from their forum saying "mal is dead for the time being let's get mal users to complain on our forums" blah blah something like that . Is the site good ?
Jun 8, 2014 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
It's fragile and breaks too easily.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jun 8, 2014 4:29 AM

Aug 2012
*speaking as a mod*

It's an awful competitor site that used underhanded tactics to get its anime database list, accompanied with a nonexistent staff that goof off all day.

*speaking as a user*

It's where all the MAL rejects go.
Jun 8, 2014 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
Hummingbird's another anime listing site, similar to MAL.

I don't really feel like pointing out the differences, go find out yourself
Jun 8, 2014 4:30 AM

Mar 2008
MellowJello said:
*speaking as a mod*

It's an awful competitor site that used underhanded tactics to get its anime database list, accompanied with a nonexistent staff that goof off all day.

*speaking as a user*

It's where all the MAL rejects go.
This is what it means to represent MyAnimeList.

Revere the Crave, expel the Hummingbird.
Jun 8, 2014 4:30 AM

Apr 2013
Hummingbird is the shit version of MAL.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jun 8, 2014 4:31 AM

Dec 2013
It's a place you go to when you're banned
Jun 8, 2014 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
It's a better site than this dump but less active.
Jun 8, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2012
Hummingbird is MAL's retarded little brother
Jun 8, 2014 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
Actually, I learned about the site through plug.dj. The community is nice (from how we all talked to each other). Hummingbird is still under construction and new so I have no right to judge it yet. But seeing from their anime storing system, I still prefer MAL. The feature I like the most is the Waifu/Husbando status haha.
Jun 8, 2014 4:45 AM

Jun 2014
I'd say it has a more involved community(it having a dashboard and a follow system). But it crashes all the time, and the database is really incomplete.
Jun 8, 2014 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
Jun 8, 2014 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
It's like MAL except ugly.
Jun 8, 2014 4:56 AM

May 2010
Thank you for enlightening me. Judging by their forums , it kinda sucks . The site always crashes , and I can even see there are mal invaders there lol
Jun 8, 2014 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
It's where people go to bitch when they're banned from MAL.
Jun 8, 2014 5:00 AM

Feb 2013
Come to MAL for shit taste in anime.

Go to Hummingbird if you just want shit.
Jun 8, 2014 5:00 AM
Nov 2008
a bad website where people who've been banned frolick.
Jun 8, 2014 5:02 AM

Nov 2013
Site that made me close it as soon as i saw homepage :/
Jun 8, 2014 5:03 AM

Dec 2012
I prefer MAL...
Jun 8, 2014 5:09 AM

Dec 2013
I think its a MAL rip-off.
Jun 8, 2014 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
I'm just checking it out now for the first time. It seems like everything is taking forever to load, though not sure if that's the website or my computer's fault. I like how it has a feed page to allow more personal social interaction. It makes me wonder if you would get updates from others as there's a "followers" tabs. I'm disappointed that there's no manga list... and really, navigating it right now... this thing takes forever to load o.O

This is only what I've noticed in 10 minutes of fiddling around with it. I find MAL easier to navigate, and less visually drab in some ways.
Jun 8, 2014 5:30 AM

Apr 2011
The design is atrocious.

Forsh said:
I think its a MAL rip-off.

More like a Twitter rip-off.
Jun 8, 2014 5:35 AM

May 2010
JadeQuetzal said:
I'm just checking it out now for the first time. It seems like everything is taking forever to load, though not sure if that's the website or my computer's fault. I like how it has a feed page to allow more personal social interaction. It makes me wonder if you would get updates from others as there's a "followers" tabs. I'm disappointed that there's no manga list... and really, navigating it right now... this thing takes forever to load o.O

This is only what I've noticed in 10 minutes of fiddling around with it. I find MAL easier to navigate, and less visually drab in some ways.

It's not your computer , it's the sites problem . I also encountered that problem when trying to check the website , it takes forever to load and crashes all the time. So yeah , I am really convinced that their site sucks
Jun 8, 2014 5:43 AM
Oct 2011
It's a shit MAL-wannabe website where people agree on opinions and respect them. Yes, it's that bad. (Or that's how it was when it started)
Jun 8, 2014 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
kleysss said:

It's not your computer , it's the sites problem . I also encountered that problem when trying to check the website , it takes forever to load and crashes all the time. So yeah , I am really convinced that their site sucks

Yeah, it really does take a while to load. The forums don't seem too easy to navigate either, but I'm not used to them like I am to the forums here. Though it also wouldn't import over a dozen on my list, is it really that incomplete? At least I could get the username I normally use (had to change it a bit for this site).

All together it doesn't seem like a bad site, just a matter of preference... and apparently, patience?
Jun 8, 2014 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
Candor said:
It's a shit MAL-wannabe website where people agree on opinions and respect them. Yes, it's that bad. (Or that's how it was when it started)

It still is that way and even worse. Now they ban you for not accepting other people's opinions, and if you have a different one it's the same shit, you'll still get banned.

And yeah, the forums are slow, there's infinite scrolling (wtf) and overall, it's big, bulky and really ugly.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 8, 2014 6:05 AM
Aug 2012
A shitty layout.
Jun 8, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
Jun 9, 2014 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
After spending a week there I can safely say it's even more unstable than MAL, both the forum and the main page. Down mutiple times a day, or very slow at best, lacking a lot of essential features and having that modern layout that I hate, especially for the forum. All that combines to a not very pleasant experience. Also the userbase didn't seem as nice as people always say. The nicest people were those I knew from MAL and seeing some episode threads only consisting of 'I hate this episode' and then screenshots of MAL episode discussion threads collecting people who have to say something positive about the episode with a snarky comment like 'typical MAL' at the end. I swear that one discussion thread consisted of nothing else but people who hated the episode and made fun of anyone on MAL who said something positive about it xD.
So yeah, I guess I'll keep my list updated in case I get banned again for something ridiculous, but I tried keeping forum activity up but the downtimes and slow loading just makes me angry so I'll close the tabs for good.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2014 9:06 AM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
After spending a week there I can safely say it's even more unstable than MAL, both the forum and the main page. Down mutiple times a day, or very slow at best, lacking a lot of essential features and having that modern layout that I hate, especially for the forum. All that combines to a not very pleasant experience. Also the userbase didn't seem as nice as people always say. The nicest people were those I knew from MAL and seeing some episode threads only consisting of 'I hate this episode' and then screenshots of MAL episode discussion threads collecting people who have to say something positive about the episode with a snarky comment like 'typical MAL' at the end. I swear that one discussion thread consisted of nothing else but people who hated the episode and made fun of anyone on MAL who said something positive about it xD.
So yeah, I guess I'll keep my list updated in case I get banned again for something ridiculous, but I tried keeping forum activity up but the downtimes and slow loading just makes me angry so I'll close the tabs for good.
Which episode discussion thread was that? I rarely go in them so I never knew they were doing that.
Jun 24, 2014 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
After spending about 10 months on the site I feel for the most part it puts MAL to shame. The layout is far better and is doesn't look like it was made in the 90's. I also like the fact that I can import my MAL list.The people seem to be nicer and forms seem to have FAR more interesting discussions. The only things I don't like are the lack of features that MAL has like Manga tracking, character info, LN tracking,ect...But I do like the recommendation page that they have and its easier to find out about the new anime that air's each season. They also track anime influenced shows like avatar, RWBY, and code lyoko. And you can have more than 5 favorites on HB. A minor feature that they also have is the waifu system and the update anime fearure. But at the end of the day MAL at the moment is still better solely based on the fact that MAL is a finished site & HB is still a work in progress. But if they add in the features they are missing soon I may have to say goodbye to MAL. But until then I will continue to use both.
KingOfBlades38Jun 24, 2014 7:07 PM
Jun 24, 2014 7:12 PM

Nov 2013
I like MAL's layout better.
I've grown attached to it.

I can see you

Jun 24, 2014 7:24 PM

Nov 2010
sasukefan38 said:
I also like the fact that I can import my MAL list.
You can import your MAL list and HB list here.

sasukefan38 said:
The people seem to be nicer and forms seem to have FAR more interesting discussions.
Really? One day ago.
I would post more but there are not that many interesting treads anymore.

sasukefan38 said:
They also track anime influenced shows like avatar, RWBY, and code lyoko.
MAL has like 1,000 more anime than them though.

sasukefan38 said:
And you can have more than 5 favorites on HB.
There will be a limit one day especially when and if they get manga, characters, people, etc.

sasukefan38 said:
A minor feature that they also have is the waifu system and the update anime fearure.
If you're talking minor features then how about the ability to add more info when you add an anime, the ability to customize anime lists, anime have their own boards, better news, blogs, customizable about me, etc.
Jun 24, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2012
I'll probably posted in this thread before but...

Design's pretty but not efficient at all. Too oversized and graphic-based for me. I like MAL's more text and table-based design. MAL is also sleek and can fit more on a screen. Also, yeah MAL has more stuff.
Jun 24, 2014 7:40 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
sasukefan38 said:
I also like the fact that I can import my MAL list.
You can import your MAL list and HB list here.
I joined MAL first so I don't use it.

sasukefan38 said:
The people seem to be nicer and forms seem to have FAR more interesting discussions.
Really? One day ago.
I would post more but there are not that many interesting treads anymore.
Look at whats been posted today. problem solved.
sasukefan38 said:
They also track anime influenced shows like avatar, RWBY, and code lyoko.
MAL has like 1,000 more anime than them though.

But MAL only tracks anime. Plus MAL is a finished (yet very outdated) site while HB is not.

sasukefan38 said:
And you can have more than 5 favorites on HB.
There will be a limit one day especially when and if they get manga, characters, people, etc.

Not likely but possible sure.

sasukefan38 said:
A minor feature that they also have is the waifu system and the update anime fearure.
If you're talking minor features then how about the ability to add more info when you add an anime, the ability to customize anime lists, anime have their own boards, better news, blogs, customizable about me, etc.

I never needed or wanted to use any of these features.
Jun 24, 2014 7:52 PM

Nov 2010
sasukefan38 said:
Yet you need or wanted the waifu feature?
Jun 24, 2014 7:54 PM

Feb 2014
MAL is in desperate need of a waifu feature.
Jun 24, 2014 7:57 PM

Feb 2013
sasukefan38 said:
But MAL only tracks anime.
Holy shit, really? I had no idea. Why the fuck do they only let you list anime on an anime listing site?
Jun 24, 2014 8:02 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
sasukefan38 said:
Yet you need or wanted the waifu feature?

Of course. I'm amazed that that this site doesn't have it or something similar.
Jun 24, 2014 8:03 PM

Nov 2012
On one hand the modern design is nice but on the other hand I'd trade that for MAL's faster loading times. Also reviews seem sparse (in content and helpfulness), less useful features, etc. Some issues will be resolved as more people use it but... for now not having manga is a dealbreaker for me.

Also when I click anime titles and cover art nothing happens? Had to click and drag stuff into my browser tabs.

Anyone know the size of Hummingbird's userbase?
SleepyBearJun 24, 2014 8:07 PM
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - Yesterday

21 by tsukareru »»
22 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

22 by JaniSIr »»
33 minutes ago

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

34 by Zarutaku »»
46 minutes ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - Apr 18

16 by GinIonSui »»
49 minutes ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

44 by Smugdear »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.