MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Any thoughts on Hummingbird?

Pages (21) « First ... « 4.2 5.2 [6.2] 7.2 8.2 » ... Last »
Poll: Do you think you'll switch any time in the future?


07-06-13, 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 353
Probably won't switch. It'll take too long and be too much work to get my anime list updated over there.
 
07-06-13, 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 768
EvilRobot said:
Probably won't switch. It'll take too long and be too much work to get my anime list updated over there.


Hummingbird lets you export your list from MAL. Mine took like 30 seconds or less.
 
07-06-13, 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 10874
EvilRobot said:
Probably won't switch. It'll take too long and be too much work to get my anime list updated over there.
The export is painless, one of the features I will give them props for. It takes less than 30 seconds, compared to Anime-Planet, which took about 1-1.5 minutes IIRC. Then they ask you a series of questions that could've been combined into 1 page, but this is still probably the easiest setup.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Where NTAD will never lock a thread for getting too much page views.
 
07-06-13, 6:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 289
MahouMagica said:
SCNFan said:
MahouMagica said:
Goryo said:
I'd only switch if there was a way to import MAL lists.


There is, actually.


How does that work?


Ah, you go to your account settings. Then you'll find this underneath the page: http://i.imgur.com/y5MwIkc.png?1?8918
This has me sold.
byebye MAL
 
07-07-13, 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 790
I still don't know what do hummingbirds have to do with anime?
My blog,expect a lot of things about anime,computer science and metal music:http://thebluedrag.blogspot.com/

 
07-07-13, 3:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2094
bluedragon777 said:
I still don't know what do hummingbirds have to do with anime?
not the actual birds lol
its an anime listing website like MAL.
or you can spend more time reading the posts before.
 
07-07-13, 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1121
looks fresh
 
07-07-13, 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2281
bluedragon777 said:
I still don't know what do hummingbirds have to do with anime?


The name's probably inspired by Twitter.
 
07-07-13, 6:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 3497
bluedragon777 said:
I still don't know what do hummingbirds have to do with anime?


a lot of names don't make sense if you think about it.. i must admit hummingbird was pretty catchy for me initially
 
07-07-13, 8:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 363
bluedragon777 said:
I still don't know what do hummingbirds have to do with anime?

A hummingbird saved the life of the of the Head Honchos. True story. And why Crunchyroll?
 
07-07-13, 8:50 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14822
How are the mods over there? I'm considering making an account for the sole purpose of making subtle references to MAL.
 
07-07-13, 8:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 11748
Araby said:
How are the mods over there? I'm considering making an account for the sole purpose of making subtle references to MAL.


The mods over there are quite nice.
 
07-07-13, 8:51 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14822
Artstyle said:
bluedragon777 said:
I still don't know what do hummingbirds have to do with anime?
A hummingbird saved the life of the of the Head Honchos. True story. And why Crunchyroll?
Crunchy roll -> sushi -> Japan -> anime

Maybe?
 
07-07-13, 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4381
Araby said:
How are the mods over there? I'm considering making an account for the sole purpose of making subtle references to MAL.
There's at least one thread that's dedicated soley to MAL members already. I lol'd at your sig btw.
 
07-07-13, 8:54 PM

Online
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 14822
GoldenBRS said:
The mods over there are quite nice.
Cool.

Slyr3do0n said:
There's at least one thread that's dedicated soley to MAL members already. I lol'd at your sig btw.
That's sweet and Physiicx is, well, a character... haha.
 
07-07-13, 9:03 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28739
Araby said:
How are the mods over there? I'm considering making an account for the sole purpose of making subtle references to MAL.
They're ok. Joke around a little bit, they really got cigarette good. You don't have to, there are many threads on MAL. That lucjan guy made a thread about "What can this site do that MAL can't", the chat thread there was made and is basically inhabited by people from MAL. A lot of people have accounts on both.
 
07-07-13, 9:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3579
IntroverTurtle said:
They're ok. Joke around a little bit, they really got cigarette good.


What do you mean by that? did they ban him too? lol
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.


mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
 
07-07-13, 9:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 363
Araby said:
How are the mods over there? I'm considering making an account for the sole purpose of making subtle references to MAL.

One of the mods is my true love, and the #1 guy in my harem.

And no, The Chat Thread isn't dedicated solely for MAL'ers...
 
07-07-13, 9:21 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28739
Goryo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
They're ok. Joke around a little bit, they really got cigarette good.


What do you mean by that? did they ban him too? lol
No they just joked around with him a bit. You can check it out here, scroll down to Cigarette, the mods are Ryatt and psyDjinn. It was funny to me.
 
07-07-13, 9:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 11748
IntroverTurtle said:
Goryo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
They're ok. Joke around a little bit, they really got cigarette good.


What do you mean by that? did they ban him too? lol
No they just joked around with him a bit. You can check it out here, scroll down to Cigarette, the mods are Ryatt and psyDjinn. It was funny to me.


Haha that was quite a bit funny.
 
07-07-13, 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 16822
Niggarette got gifed.




Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
 
07-07-13, 11:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 59
Hummingbird really has potential... And since the website is still in beta and such, the suggestion threads should be getting utilized and odds are really popular ones will be picked. Myanimelist is cool and all, but it seems WAY to plan if you ask me.
Escape to the World of Anime is a great Facebook page. Different than the mainstream ones. Plus we are more of a community instead of a page that ignores its fans. Go check us out!
 
07-08-13, 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 211
never ever.... MAL is the best
every time I open my eyes in the morning the first thing I see is MAL till I close my eyes and sleep!!!!
 
07-08-13, 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 319
I will say this: if their rules about what type of threads you can and can't create are even a smidgeon more lenient than the ones here, I may consider checking it out. The MAL forums are going to stagnate if the mods keep shooting down threads before giving people a chance to get discussions going. The no listing threads rule irks me the most, because I don't believe there's a clear definition of what does and doesn't qualify as a listing thread. People usually give reasons for their opinions on those types of threads, and you usually get other people questioning others' choices and discussing with them, but usually before any of that can happen the thread has been locked.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

 
07-08-13, 8:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 3497
the list feature is good. its obviously better than anime-planet, anime news network etc
 
07-08-13, 10:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 363
Imanza said:
I will say this: if their rules about what type of threads you can and can't create are even a smidgeon more lenient than the ones here, I may consider checking it out. The MAL forums are going to stagnate if the mods keep shooting down threads before giving people a chance to get discussions going. The no listing threads rule irks me the most, because I don't believe there's a clear definition of what does and doesn't qualify as a listing thread. People usually give reasons for their opinions on those types of threads, and you usually get other people questioning others' choices and discussing with them, but usually before any of that can happen the thread has been locked.

There are no rules, except no graphic porn.
 
07-08-13, 11:06 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28739
Artstyle said:
Imanza said:
I will say this: if their rules about what type of threads you can and can't create are even a smidgeon more lenient than the ones here, I may consider checking it out. The MAL forums are going to stagnate if the mods keep shooting down threads before giving people a chance to get discussions going. The no listing threads rule irks me the most, because I don't believe there's a clear definition of what does and doesn't qualify as a listing thread. People usually give reasons for their opinions on those types of threads, and you usually get other people questioning others' choices and discussing with them, but usually before any of that can happen the thread has been locked.

There are no rules, except no graphic porn.
That's not exactly right. They have deleted troll or stupid threads.

And those rules will probably change. They are not that needed right now, but when the site goes live and the community grows, they will need some. And we don't know what they'll change them to.
 
07-08-13, 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4668
I don't care, but hummingbird is one dumb name. Pufferfish sounds much more appealing and tempting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
07-10-13, 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 6
I've received the invitation.
The site is well designed, but the GUI is not yet ready for a daily usage.

But the most important thing: HM don't have the link to the fansubs groups.

So I don't switch, MAL is best, at the moment!

Also the the name hummingbird is quite strange, and for the non english people (like me) is sounds very strange!


I only recommends to the admin of MAL to update the GUI.
 
07-10-13, 1:19 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28739
giggi1999 said:
I've received the invitation.
The site is well designed, but the GUI is not yet ready for a daily usage.

But the most important thing: HM don't have the link to the fansubs groups.

So I don't switch, MAL is best, at the moment!

Also the the name hummingbird is quite strange, and for the non english people (like me) is sounds very strange!


I only recommends to the admin of MAL to update the GUI.
Yeah and they are never planning on adding it. They're sticking with legal sites, though they say you can discuss the fansub group in the forum.
 
07-10-13, 9:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1009
Will my offhand remarks get deleted?
 
07-23-13, 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7141
I don't see them succeeding since they will just ban anybody who asks for fansubs/scanlations unlike MAL.
 
07-23-13, 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 372
I wont be switching as MAL is my favourite so far. Everything just works on this website and you have free speech without your threads/posts being removed.
 
08-16-13, 9:58 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 69
hmm I like hummingbird .. and I also have an hummingbird acc. it still have a lot to improve there's no manga library, like here in MAL so i'm really sticking with MAL now..

But I like both sites .. I use them everyday :)
 
08-16-13, 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 12867
Auxoran said:
I think I have an invite for that site gonna check it now maybe it's better than MAL who knows

I just checked it and I agree with this mostly
LolitaDecay said:
There aren't really any features on Hummingbird that I really need that MAL doesn't have. So I'm not really that interested.

Although if the competition means that more effort will be put into fixing MAL's existing problems, that can only be a good thing.


The great thing about that site is that people actually talk about anime in froums instead of talking about random retarded things so if they add more features and add a manga/vn lists etc. I might switch to it.


Do you mean you haven't yet discovered that anime in Mal have their own forum section and you just browse the general forum all this time?
Modified by Monad, 08-16-13, 10:24 AM
 
08-16-13, 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 7145
The hummingbird forums are bloody hideous.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
08-16-13, 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2490
Jumped into the forums....... then jumped the hell out. Way too plain for my tastes.
Life takes on a neat simplicity. Time ceases to have any meaning. When it is dark, you go to bed, and when it is light again you get up, and everything in between is just in between. It’s quite wonderful, really.

 
08-16-13, 10:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 7145
Shoryuuken said:
Jumped into the forums....... then jumped the hell out. Way too plain for my tastes.


Same here, they look like shit.
But i did stay long enough to see that certain mal members are already kissing ass over there, i bet they're trying to impress them enough in order to become mods or something.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
08-16-13, 10:22 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28739
no_good_name said:
Shoryuuken said:
Jumped into the forums....... then jumped the hell out. Way too plain for my tastes.


Same here, they look like shit.
But i did stay long enough to see that certain mal members are already kissing ass over there, i bet they're trying to impress them enough in order to become mods or something.
A couple already are mods there. Tavor and Artstyle.
 
08-16-13, 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 7145
IntroverTurtle said:
no_good_name said:
Shoryuuken said:
Jumped into the forums....... then jumped the hell out. Way too plain for my tastes.


Same here, they look like shit.
But i did stay long enough to see that certain mal members are already kissing ass over there, i bet they're trying to impress them enough in order to become mods or something.
A couple already are mods there. Tavor and Artstyle.


It always make me laugh at how desperate people are to become moderators on forum sites, leads me to wonder how sad their lives are if thats what they strive for, a taste of power.
Pathetic.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
08-16-13, 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 10874
no_good_name said:
IntroverTurtle said:
no_good_name said:
Shoryuuken said:
Jumped into the forums....... then jumped the hell out. Way too plain for my tastes.


Same here, they look like shit.
But i did stay long enough to see that certain mal members are already kissing ass over there, i bet they're trying to impress them enough in order to become mods or something.
A couple already are mods there. Tavor and Artstyle.


It always make me laugh at how desperate people are to become moderators on forum sites, leads me to wonder how sad their lives are if thats what they strive for, a taste of power.
Pathetic.
Wow, someone is a bit judgmental. Wonder what you're missing in yours...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Where NTAD will never lock a thread for getting too much page views.
 
08-16-13, 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2606
I have an account, just made one yesterday. Time will tell if I'll switch or not.
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
 
08-16-13, 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 3877
Hummingbird doesn't seem to have much activity in the forums quite yet, although it is to be expected since it is in beta or something at the moment. I'm hoping once it becomes fully available to the public that it'll have as much activity as MAL. Until then, it's only real benefit is the explore/reccomendations feature.
 
08-16-13, 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 39
REALLY?! I just got here.
 
08-16-13, 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 10874
I'm waiting for them to implement comments on reviews, which I think would encourage more in-depth debating on specific anime topics more than forum threads, which are more vertical in structure and doesn't lend well to people making in-depth analyses when multiple other discussions are going on at the same time.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Where NTAD will never lock a thread for getting too much page views.
 
08-16-13, 3:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 39
no_good_name said:
IntroverTurtle said:
no_good_name said:
Shoryuuken said:
Jumped into the forums....... then jumped the hell out. Way too plain for my tastes.


Same here, they look like shit.
But i did stay long enough to see that certain mal members are already kissing ass over there, i bet they're trying to impress them enough in order to become mods or something.
A couple already are mods there. Tavor and Artstyle.


It always make me laugh at how desperate people are to become moderators on forum sites, leads me to wonder how sad their lives are if thats what they strive for, a taste of power.
Pathetic.
What does a moderator do?
 
08-16-13, 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3579
They moderate things
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.


mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
 
08-16-13, 3:14 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28739
mrDread said:
What does a moderator do?
They moderate the forum and the site. Remove or message people about reviews, bad behaviour, banning trolls, helping people, etc.
 
08-18-13, 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 47
Hummingbird is a lot prettier, but MAL is allot more comfortable. Especially if you been on this site for a while.
 
08-18-13, 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 6907
Hummingbird added anime influenced works like Avatar and RWBY.
I'm loving Hummingbird.
 
Top
Pages (21) « First ... « 4.2 5.2 [6.2] 7.2 8.2 » ... Last »