Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2013 4:52 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode aired 2 hours faster
Jun 23, 2013 4:54 AM
Dec 2012
What was the point of the religious sacrifice? I expected something like Logan's Run though. Also wonder what happened to him. It wasn't explained.
Jun 23, 2013 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
I just love the end cards of this anime:

Oh and damn it Pinion. Dem secrets.
Stark700Jun 23, 2013 10:34 AM
Jun 23, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2010
Shouldn't be a big surprise that the commander was dead this whole time when they never showed his real body until now. Still was creepy though.
Elite60Jun 23, 2013 6:12 AM
Jun 23, 2013 6:10 AM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:

Ditto. Some nice feet service from Amy.
Jun 23, 2013 6:44 AM

Jan 2010
So, Strike is the mastermind of ALL cult and whole fleet?! Fake the Kugel death lie to human and Ledo and try to rules human population on earth like Alliance at space?!..Yeahh~!!! I'm in love this series! Totally like Kinder Surprise egg!

This explains why he NEVER out from Machine Caliber and...answer to my silly question about toilet in Machine Caliber....>,>...

Ledo and Chamber in action!
AoiMizuJun 23, 2013 6:51 AM

Jun 23, 2013 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
A direction that may not be a surprise but not the direction I want it to go. As I explained before, the message now seems to be less about human vs human and more about sentient AI with codified ideology versus free thinking human with human evolved way beyond human largely out of sight. Another reason is I was hoping that the story would not stick too close to the predictable route, but at the end it turns out that the "I cannot come out to meet you" thing is really for that route after all. Oh well, Urobuchi did not spring any big final plot twist in Psycho-Pass so I guess I should not expect one here lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 23, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
Kugel is dead?
Oh my God it's creepy when Ledo opened the cockpit. His body... :O
onepineJun 23, 2013 7:08 AM
Jun 23, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2008
HA. I knew it! The commander was dead after all.
Jun 23, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was fast subs are already out..

Great episode and another great twist once again, even tho I had the feeling the commander was already dead. I'm wondering how they will end this anime next week.

That sacrifice was creepy tho
KneelBeforeMeJun 23, 2013 10:24 AM
Jun 23, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 2012
Butch Gen strikes again

Wow heavy handed much Gargantia? Of course any "normal" person not already crazed would want to get the fuck out after that sacrifice. Coulda said what it is was trying to more subtly

That's what you get for joining a FUCKING CULT PINION!! At least Pinion stopped being Pinion if only for a little bit

Seems like the speculation was right with it being a Rogue AI and Kugel dead,
Will there be suffering next week? Kinda on edge after this penultimate episode
HybridMBLJun 23, 2013 10:48 AM
Jun 23, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Elite60 said:
Shouldn't be a big surprise that the commander was dead this whole time when they never showed his real body until now. Still was creepy though.
And the show itself spoiled it this whole time. The box wording says in English that Ledo is alone on the Verderous Planet which implied that Kugel was dead all along, a mummy in the cockpit. I don't know that he survived the battle at all or if he did, he didn't last long and the stupid AI has been controlling him the whole time making a stupid cult of the squid heads, sigh...

I can see Ledo having to sacrifice himself in the end unless Chamber can manage to kill the superior Striker on his own and I don't see that. Sad Amy coming is my prediction but not my hope. I hope for a happy ending with Amy and Ledo.
hpulleyJun 23, 2013 10:33 AM
Jun 23, 2013 10:33 AM
Oct 2010
guess i shouldnt be surprised it was the robot behind it all.

eminagnam said:
What was the point of the religious sacrifice? I expected something like Logan's Run though. Also wonder what happened to him. It wasn't explained.

well the AI was following the federations actions. anyone weak or old was killed off in space. same thing here.

Stark700 said:

Oh and damn it Pinon. Dem secrets.

o my. wonder if each volume comes with end cars
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 23, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2010
This Strike Machine Caliber just gone mad, an A.I that follow federations rules and law even her pilot is dead in his cold-sleep! Just woah!!! now I'm scare of A.I now...robot rules the humanity..

What is Chamber and Ledo's fate in final episode?
Secret weapon the Gargantia possessed, what it is? Nuklear, Hideauze or Machine Caliber?
*curious mode activated*

Hmm..will Urobuchi give us whitish-gray ending or black or ending like Psycho-Pass/Madoka where the hero M.I.A and leave the heroine behind with peaceful live/world?
AoiMizuJun 23, 2013 11:00 AM

Jun 23, 2013 10:53 AM
Jun 2013
Was THAT the mecha battle? it was more like a few laser beams, colorpencil lines to be accurate, crossing the sky. and where is the story developement. yeah apocalypse now nutjob empty tincan, we knew that. what about the alliance, the fate of the hideauze on earth ..... we' ll have a very fastpaced compressed likely dissapointing final episode.
Jun 23, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
HA. I knew it! The commander was dead after all.

I think we all knew that.
Jun 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2008
Mr_alucard1985 said:
Was THAT the mecha battle? it was more like a few laser beams, colorpencil lines to be accurate, crossing the sky. and where is the story developement. yeah apocalypse now nutjob empty tincan, we knew that. what about the alliance, the fate of the hideauze on earth ..... we' ll have a very fastpaced compressed likely dissapointing final episode.

I could have told you that after the first fanservice filler.
Jun 23, 2013 10:59 AM

May 2013
I love how we were right. I liked this episode.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 23, 2013 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
Mr_alucard1985 said:
I agree not much of a battle,but this was cute
Jun 23, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Ledo should have jumped into the Striker's cockpit and deactivated it rather than the fall and Chamber catch...
Jun 23, 2013 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
hpulley said:
Ledo should have jumped into the Striker's cockpit and deactivated it rather than the fall and Chamber catch...

you really think that would work against a rogue AI?
Jun 23, 2013 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
What is that key too? Now battle goin to get crazy,now that Striker has nothing to hide. I wonder why AI or Striker is chick? i was wondering why painted purple but now i know. I LOVE Lukkage need more
OutlawJessJun 23, 2013 11:25 AM
Jun 23, 2013 11:14 AM

Jan 2010
Mr_alucard1985 said:

Pew pew and boom kaboom like Gundam?? Well...it true that this ep lack of them but it fit with the story. Just my opinion....*fades away*

Jun 23, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
Darklight0303 said:
hpulley said:

Probably wouldn't work. I would assume that they only work for authorized users, like in Gundam 00. And since Ledo is a lower rank, he probably cannot operate Strike, let alone turn it off. And that is without the HAL 9000 in control of it.
Jun 23, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
Darklight0303 said:
hpulley said:

I agree with Darklight. Strike is personal Machine Caliber that belong to late Kugel, so, I think here that even Ledo manage get inside Strike and grab the key from Kugel's uniform, I don't think that Strike will listen to him or I'm afraid that Strike will kill Ledo too.

Jun 23, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2012
Pinion's gonna end up with all the bitches at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2013 11:27 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
A key? Sounds interesting. If it will greatly increase their chances of winning by helping Ledo, then by all means use it! However if they didn't have some super weapon on their side, then I pretty at first thought that Amy was spouting nonsense by saying that they should fight back with Ledo. Then again, Pinion and his buddies helped Ledo out a lot in the battle, so I'm guessing Gargantia would do the same. Though I really thought that after being almost hit once or twice, Striker would take Pinion down. I think Urobuchi's message for the young people is getting lost somewhere...o_o or maybe it was only supposed to be the point of the earlier episodes and not the later ones?
Jun 23, 2013 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
tingy said:
A key? Sounds interesting. If it will greatly increase their chances of winning by helping Ledo, then by all means use it! However if they didn't have some super weapon on their side, then I pretty at first thought that Amy was spouting nonsense by saying that they should fight back with Ledo. Then again, Pinion and his buddies helped Ledo out a lot in the battle, so I'm guessing Gargantia would do the same. Though I really thought that after being almost hit once or twice, Striker would take Pinion down. I think Urobuchi's message for the young people is getting lost somewhere...o_o or maybe it was only supposed to be the point of the earlier episodes and not the later ones?

Or he lied the entire time just like how he did with Madoka.
Jun 23, 2013 11:34 AM
May 2013
That was AWESOME, I'm loving the Caliber fight. I wasnt to surprised though when they revealed that Kugel was dead though. Im hoping they wrap up a few plotlines next episode such as things between Ledo and Amy.
Jun 23, 2013 11:38 AM

Jan 2010
tingy said:
A key? Sounds interesting.

Nuklear?? Lost technology?? Machine Caliber?? Or perhaps...Hideauze?! xD
This 'Key' also bother me now...

Darklight303 said:
Or he lied the entire time just like how he did with Madoka.

Maybe...

Jun 23, 2013 11:41 AM

Dec 2011
AAAHJAJAJAJAJA!!!
I said it first: the comander was dead.
Jun 23, 2013 11:42 AM
Jun 2013
Was this really all because of Striker's doing? I'm kind of confused about that. From what I see, these Yunboros are human programmed and operated, so Striker could not have operated on its own.
Like whenever Chamber does something, it's always as a result of Ledo's command or other humans' commands. Chamber never acted on its own. The only times Chamber acted on its own were actions to save the pilot, such as going to sleep mode and putting Ledo on standby mode when Ledo first landed on earth. Reconstructing society on earth isn't an act of saving the pilot, especially when after the pilot is dead. My speculation was that Krugel programmed Striker to act this way before it died, so Striker was just carrying out Krugel's commands.
What I've been thinking is that Urobuchi is still going after the humanity and morality concept and never left it. Idk that's just my one cent on this.
Jun 23, 2013 11:42 AM
Mar 2013
The whole anime doesn't really makes sense to me. Maybe the first couple of episodes but now i don't know why but i just dislike the way the Gargantian think.
Jun 23, 2013 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
Finally some action, but it's not like the "twist" is that surprising. Pretty much everyone guessed it. Alright episode I suppose.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 23, 2013 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
i think everybody saw that coming but i found it interesting how that woman was like 'it's a fight between the gods'. so, essentially if i go back in time with a gun, i'll be considered a god. nice.
Jun 23, 2013 11:50 AM
Jun 2013
beta-gal said:
Was this really all because of Striker's doing? I'm kind of confused about that. From what I see, these Yunboros are human programmed and operated, so Striker could not have operated on its own.

well, chamber did a load of things alone, like working for hours on various jobs on gargantia without any of ledo's supervision. and the general concept of machine self-conciousness is not so strange for their marvelous ai
Jun 23, 2013 11:55 AM

May 2013
So the Commander was dead the whole time. Everybody predicted that so it was no surprise.

I also wonder what that golden key is used for.
Jun 23, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
Mr_alucard1985 said:
beta-gal said:

well, chamber did a load of things alone, like working for hours on various jobs on gargantia without any of ledo's supervision. and the general concept of machine self-conciousness is not so strange for their marvelous ai

And Strike is in other level of Machine Caliber in A.I. So, I don't surprised if Strike's self-consciousness is more like human but lack of humanity logic *not sure how I put this in word* inside of her action. This is Earth not Galactic Alliance!
AoiMizuJun 23, 2013 11:59 AM

Jun 23, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
So, Kugel really was dead. Rogue AI theory turned out to be true. Alliance works in a truly fcuked up way, throwing the weak and old to the sea.

Now in the final ep "Heaven's Ladder" will help defeat Stryker, but... the question is who will die in the process?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 23, 2013 12:00 PM
Jun 2013
AoiMizu said:
Mr_alucard1985 said:
beta-gal said:

And Strike is in other level of Chamber in A.I. So, I don't surprised if Strike's self-consciousness is more like human but lack of humanity logic *not sure how I put this in word* inside of her action. This is Earth not Galactic Alliance!

When Chamber loaded things on Gargantia, Ledo gave Chamber the order to follow the orders of the humans on Gargantia. Chamber was still following the order of its pilot and humans.
I'm kind of skeptical to believe that Striker has is own "self-consciousness" because we were never given hints that they did. If a high tech Yunboro can operate on its own, why do they need a pilot anyway? It'll cost a human life to operate it, so it'd be useless to use a human pilot if they can work on their own.
But regardless, I think it'd be wiser to wait until the last episode airs before we really find out!
beta-galJun 23, 2013 12:04 PM
Jun 23, 2013 12:10 PM
Jun 2013
Some people here have a really good nose when it comes to predicting things. Kugel is really dead, what a let down that was, the whole conflict was deflated at that point for me, would have been much more tense if Ledo was really standing up to his commander but now ... meh.

Still, I loved the conversation Ledo has with Chamber, as if he wasnt sure himself if Chamber would side with him against Striker but in the end our favorite mech does the right thing!
Also points for saving Ledo when he was falling that time.

Chambers inability to do anything without Ledos decision makes me wonder wtf happened to Striker then?
Jun 23, 2013 12:11 PM
Jan 2011
beta-gal said:
AoiMizu said:
Mr_alucard1985 said:
beta-gal said:

And Strike is in other level of Chamber in A.I. So, I don't surprised if Strike's self-consciousness is more like human but lack of humanity logic *not sure how I put this in word* inside of her action. This is Earth not Galactic Alliance!

When Chamber loaded things on Gargantia, Ledo gave Chamber the order to follow the orders of the humans on Gargantia. Chamber was still following the order of its pilot and humans.
I'm kind of skeptical to believe that Striker has is own "self-consciousness" because we were never given hints that they did. If a high tech Yunboro can operate on its own, why do they need a pilot anyway? It'll cost a human life to operate it, so it'd be useless to use a human pilot if they can work on their own.
But regardless, I think it'd be wiser to wait until the last episode airs before we really find out!

I think Machine Calibers have human pilots because they are the ones with the ability to correct errors and prevent unintentional actions by the Machine Caliber AI. However since it's very unlikely for a pilot to die with the Machine Caliber intact, Kugel's death has releaser Striker from the restrain of having a pilot and allowing it to become the highest acting authority, thus making its own decisions.

Kinda like how drones have human operators to try to minimize casualties caused by mistakes.
Jun 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
Applause for those who thought of the rouge ai theory. It should be obvious that cults are usually a bad sign anyways. Cant wait to see what that key is for
Jun 23, 2013 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
The guesses from the last thread about the Commander actually being dead turned out to be spoilers =.= I didn't feel as surprised when the machine opened up and the body decomposed but what does confuse me a tad bit is why and how the Striker is taking control? Is it because it's more advanced than Chamber's AI technology and the fact that it belonged to a commander?

Also, amazing action considering how there were only two Yunboros so I thought it might be boring but it was actually done pretty well. The Amy-Ledo moments weren't overdone either, but I do hope that for the last episode, that they don't drag it into puppy love territory. I'd rather the two end it as friends who have slight feelings of attraction towards one another.

I was a tiny bit peeved how Melty just 'fainted' right after seeing Gargantia. I hate those over dramatic, typical anime girls and Melty just landed herself in the hot seat for it. But who cares, last episode is coming up and I hope that Urobuchi guy takes over and slaughters who he must.
Jun 23, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
As expected, he was dead all along. What''s the point of having a pilot to begin with ?
Jun 23, 2013 12:31 PM
Jun 2013
Arlia said:
As expected, he was dead all along. What''s the point of having a pilot to begin with ?

Well, isnt it obvious now?

Without the pilot to mediate the cold machine logic we get Kugel fleet. This is why Galactic Alliance still keeps human pilots in control of things.
Jun 23, 2013 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
This episode was super epic!!! Wow it was really intense with the war and action of it all.

Ledo sounded so sad when he said "Amy" ; A ; ermagersh

Gargantia's secret weapon will be this epic Yunboro like Ledo's hehe I mean with a really pretty key called "Heaven's ladder" (I think) it's gotta be somewhat epic, right?
Jun 23, 2013 12:33 PM

Jan 2010
Spirai said:

I was a tiny bit peeved how Melty just 'fainted' right after seeing Gargantia. I hate those over dramatic, typical anime girls and Melty just landed herself in the hot seat for it. But who cares, last episode is coming up and I hope that Urobuchi guy takes over and slaughters who he must.

This scene may cliche, but take account that she travel in long distance alone with flying kite to inform that Gargantia in danger. She might faint from exhaustion or feel relief that she can see a hope that Gargantia will survive/alive and, if she fail this mission that only she can done from Flange fleet, the whole Gargantia fleet will burn out by those weird cult created by Strike lead.

Jun 23, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
Its good to be right, its good to be right~ oh yeah~

In before last episode reveals that whole Alliance is controlled by their AIs, because that's how it seems now. Alliance is exactly like Hideauze.

Gargantia continues to prove itself being the SUPERIOR show of this season.

Its quite possibly that AI's feel like "managing" humanity(would fit the reason they were created - to look after htem in long distance space travel), while Chamber developed a belief that gargantia proves that it is okay to allow them develop on free will.

AoiMizu said:
Spirai said:

This scene may cliche, but take account that she travel in long distance alone with flying kite to inform that Gargantia in danger. She might faint from exhaustion or feel relief that she can see a hope that Gargantia will survive/alive and, if she fail this mission that only she can done from Flange fleet, the whole Gargantia fleet will burn out by those weird cult created by Strike lead.

Let's not forget that she is IN FREAKING SKY - oxygen level differentiation + attrition = fainting.
hpulley said:

And then striker closes the hatch and imprisons ledo, now Striker would have a hostage.
AhenshihaelJun 23, 2013 12:45 PM
Jun 23, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like I wasn't the only one who saw that coming. With the series ending next episode, I didn't feel like this was an Urobochi anime at all.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.