Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2007 6:32 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, that was an interesting episode. I actually laughed at the stuff they did by the riverside. m.3.3.w. could've spelled BBQ out though. But anyway, I felt sorry for Nanaka until the end. Aoi was as... joyful as ever. xD

And what the hell was that bloody knife and Sana's reaction about?! School Days corrupted me... I'm curious about that now.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 17, 2007 7:32 AM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
And what the hell was that bloody knife and Sana's reaction about?! School Days corrupted me... I'm curious about that now.

lol Yeah same here, I'm also curious as to what happened to Sana in between those 5 years and also the story behind the I assume injury he's covering with that wrist watch, it seems he's hiding some pretty dark memories.

Anyways other than that I thought this episode was very funny, and I also liked seeing Nanaka's happy side^^,
Oct 17, 2007 2:16 PM
Sep 2006
What's really sad is I've been on fishing trips with the whole Aoi incident happening before (not to myself since I've been fishing since I was a kid but... xD). It was amusing to see them all together, I love the brother (his name escapes me). Though the show still seems really bland to me, I don't know what it is. We'll see...
Oct 17, 2007 4:17 PM

Aug 2007
Got some School Days vibes from that episode..lol..but yeah, cookies are good.
Oct 17, 2007 4:24 PM

Jul 2007
ok i thought i was the only one to notice...

SCHOOL DAYS PART 2 @_@

what is it with the watch, and what is the connection of his ever inquisitive mother who calls at the end of every day? is he out to murder someone or something? dun-dun-duuuuuuuunnnnnnn

there are parts where the anime is kinda crappy in drawing. hmmmm...is this based on an H game as well?
Oct 17, 2007 4:54 PM

Jul 2007
xD I hope it doesn't turn out like school days, though signs are beginning to show.

Anyway, this was an interesting episode. I loved the end ^^ and I can see why Aoi wanted a stone, it was so pretty!
Oct 17, 2007 5:29 PM

Sep 2007
-Gah, I'm only 8 minutes in and Sana already pissed me off for twice being so clueless (inviting Hoshino along and also buying her the same thing he bought for Nanaka) D:
-I love how Shuri told Sana to shut up in English xD
-The beginning of the OP always reminds me of a DDR song every time I hear it >.<
-I'm not used to Takehito Koyasu in such a playful role. I'm so used to him playing serious roles that it's a little weird listening to him play Shuu heh
IriyaOct 17, 2007 5:56 PM
Oct 17, 2007 5:31 PM

Jul 2007
Certainly getting some weird vibes after how he flipped out at the knife and with his watch attachment. Certainly something behind that.

Pretty good episode, liked how it ended.
Oct 17, 2007 6:02 PM
Aug 2007
This episode was good. Aoi being as clumsy as ever lol. At the knife part School Days did strike me but cmon......... can't be that bad. At least Sana didnt do it with anyone(yet!)
Oct 17, 2007 6:20 PM

Oct 2007
AirStriker said:
-Gah, I'm only 8 minutes in and Sana already pissed me off for twice being so clueless (inviting Hoshino along and also buying her the same thing he bought for Nanaka) D:
-I love how Shuri told Sana to shut up in English xD
-The beginning of the OP always reminds me of a DDR song every time I hear it >.<
-I'm not used to Takehito Koyasu in such a playful role. I'm so used to him playing serious roles that it's a little weird listening to him play Shuu heh

yes i felt the same anger of cluelessness "you tit!" >>(thinking at those 2 moments) lol

Oct 17, 2007 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was great... Sana did the right thing a few times, and Nanaka is definitely starting to come around. Very different from School Days where Makoto just did the worst thing possible at every opportunity.

The swimgsuit reactions were also pretty hilariousc(consolation prize!), as was the fishing bit.

My thoughts on Sana:
Oct 17, 2007 8:38 PM

Jun 2007
bklynrob said:
My thoughts on Sana:

Sounds about right to me. I'm backing your theory. I doubt Sana will be another Makoto but I like how this isn't a simple romance high school story. I was pretty close to dropping this but the bad past intrigues me now.

Oct 17, 2007 8:57 PM

Jun 2007
Yeah, I agree with bklynrob and Legion17 about Sana. Rather interesting now~

And... I love Aoi. ._. She's so cute! Even her voice isn't as annoying anymore...
Oct 17, 2007 9:13 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
*shudder* I keep hearing all these references to School Days ... I dropped that series good and fast, but I think I can guess where the plotline must have led to *double shudder*

Sana's clueless, but in a boy way. Boys are just dumb sometimes xD ... or I guess you could say girls are too sensitive, but whatev. He shows any signs of turning into Makoto and I'll drop this series like a hot potato.

Kanashimi said:
Though the show still seems really bland to me, I don't know what it is. We'll see...

Yeah, same here.
Oct 17, 2007 10:13 PM

Jul 2007
Definitely it won't happen.
They just adapted SD and Higurashi's hints....

Shuri seems changed her attitude when she saw Sana's other self.
similar aura: Satoko attitude(HiguKai) all over though mature version and not the one that possible to be bullied....

Nanaka seems insane for my opinion, as she was happy with the gift from Sana.
similar aura: Extreme Tsundere+Kotonoha's shyness (Though she never reject any school related task given to her the same as Kotonoha)

Asami seems the type who will stick to her man whenever possible (Good thing Sana is not yet aware of his current situation), and always one step ahead of Nanaka.
similar aura: Extreme Low Profile version of Sekai or rather I would call it very slow type.

Aoi seems the one that makes everything turn happy before it reaches the peak of sadness.
similar aura: none, she's the 1st of her type The all in one MoE package including the seiyu's voice in one character.

Definitely Sana is not the same as Makoto. He is rather the suicidal type of character and the only way to remove his past experience is his former friends friendship and love. Sana doesn't want to trouble people whenever he does somehow make him not confident with his existence, the reason her mother keeps calling to him worried he might do it again.

All I can say with the past three episodes the characters are well balanced each other without the other then it would be a big failure.

Oct 17, 2007 10:23 PM

Oct 2007
AirStriker said:

Totally agree xD

And please dear author, make Aoi lose ou change her voice somehow xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Oct 17, 2007 10:27 PM

Oct 2007
The fact that this could turn to another SD freaked me out more than the bloody past itself. Cant get bloody endings out of my head >< too bad im stuck to an anime once i start it. ending cheered me up tho. if nanaka's happy, im happy =D
Oct 17, 2007 10:49 PM

Jun 2007
It better not turn into school days. That show ruined my anime life. Now ever time I watch shows like this I get the feeling someones gonna die, it pisses me off :(.

I kind of agree with the whole

I found my self mad at that other girl that's always around Sana Hidaka. I hope he ends up with his childhood friend.
Oct 18, 2007 10:30 AM

Jul 2007
I'm actually liking how this is shaping out.
Although the first episode was completely boring, it's starting to be pretty good.
Oct 18, 2007 11:36 AM

Sep 2007
hmm maybe the bloody knife have something with the parents of sana to do?
dunno but sicne only the mother calls him maybe the father died or so duno
but i hope it dont turned out to bad
Oct 18, 2007 2:12 PM
Jun 2007
I'm having School Days flashbacks. @_@

for the most part, I enjoyed this episode. I like the direction its going and its not going to be a typical romantic-comedy. Nanaka starting to show sign of vulnerability is a good thing. Shuusuke and Shuuri working together to bring Sana and Nanaka is also amusing. it will be a bumpy road though if Sana continues to be this oblivious.

bklynrob said:

My thoughts on Sana:

I also share your thoughts. it only points to Sana attempting to take his own life. i'm very intrigued as to how this issue will play in Sana's relationship with his childhood friends.
Oct 18, 2007 5:22 PM
Dec 2006
i dont wanna another school days :'( the knife scene really made me remember school days

Oct 18, 2007 5:35 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Holy crow! All I see on here is "school days, school days" ... I'm surprised you guys made it that far into that show (I couldn't handle it anymore after ep 5 or 6, but knew how it would likely end due to the game endings)...

...but that's off the topic of this episode. So I say "DON'T WORRY!!" As of yet, I have no School Days bad vibes. Sana is NOT Makoto. He has good intentions. I think more emphasis should be put on the fact that he remembers everything about his friends in perfect detail : the glove, the fishhook, the song, etc. The knife scene was a dark part of this episode, but it was not a dark episode in total.

You also have to give a lot of the comedy credit to Aoi, and the twins ^^ ... as much as their voice actors weird me out.
Oct 18, 2007 10:15 PM

Jan 2007
I'm quite surpised with all this school days talk. I mean, is this gonna happen everytime we see something graphic in a harem anime. I don't know any other eroge like school days.

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode. I loved the "shut up" in english. and after episode 3, it is still Hoshino > Nanaka.
Oct 18, 2007 11:04 PM

Sep 2007
Thankfully, I haven't seen School Days so I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about with all this comparing stuff ^_^
Oct 18, 2007 11:59 PM

Jun 2007
School Days is a slice of life high school anime about a harem around a terrible person and two of the characters ends up going psycho. Knives are involved.

Oct 19, 2007 6:10 AM

Jul 2007
Well tbh this anime also reminds me of school days.... but with major differences.
1st:Its 1000 times better.... i hated school days it was pretty lame anime...
2nd:I dont think theres anyway for a School days "ending" cause this anime tags are school life comedy and also the opening is really "friendly" if u can get what i mean... Also i dont really agree with what u said what reagrds the knife cause if something like that happened to u ur parents woul sen u away from home only to be near ur childhood friends? Also 5 years away he sure make new friens also...Sure the fact that shes calling him everyday is weird but also its normal... She hes mother after all...Anyway i cant w8 for next really nice anime
Oct 19, 2007 6:31 AM

Sep 2007
Legion17 said:
School Days is a slice of life high school anime about a harem around a terrible person and two of the characters ends up going psycho. Knives are involved.

Ah, well. I can kind of see the correlation then? There's a knife involved (but I'm sure that's not ultimately what's making people compare it to School Days) and I haven't seen (yet) any psycho characters. But maybe later on in this show I'll be able to see where you guys are coming from.
Oct 19, 2007 9:02 AM

Jul 2007
DeathfireD said:

I kind of agree with the whole

I share the same thoughts as most on this however on your comment I have to say

I must be the only one here that thinks "School days rocked!!!". I will admit when I saw the bloody knife I was a bit "uh oh!!!". I'm loving this anime and don't think it bland at all in fact I think it'll will turn out be be very interesting indeed! I look forward to ep 4.
Oct 19, 2007 9:38 AM
Sep 2007
i like this episode i think it was the best so far
it was funny how aoi had no conferdents in the guy fishing abilaty lol
8-0 what up with the guy and the bloody knife, is it a bad memory with one of his old frinds involed or is it some thing ot do with the watch where its covering a scar... i want 2 kno more >=
lazyguyMay 1, 2008 4:45 PM
Oct 19, 2007 1:19 PM

Jun 2007
maybe it wasn't an attempted suicide and his Dad was murdered with a knife and he witnessed it. The watch could belong to his dad and him being sent away to his old friends could help him forget what happened in the other town...

Oct 19, 2007 6:10 PM
Jun 2007
Legion17 said:
maybe it wasn't an attempted suicide and his Dad was murdered with a knife and he witnessed it. The watch could belong to his dad and him being sent away to his old friends could help him forget what happened in the other town...

agree
Oct 20, 2007 4:55 PM

Jul 2007
Legion17 said:

Hmmm point right there, point indeed. Like I say it seems like it will become very interesting.
Oct 22, 2007 12:27 PM

May 2007
Just when I thought that I am going to drop this show... I saw the preview and the new cute girl :3 will watch next ep as well.

Only the knife owned. Rest of this episode just suckass as much as school days.
Oct 22, 2007 6:37 PM

Oct 2007
This anime is getting better and better im so happy to see that its not turning out to be your norm harem anime!

Plus I think sana has some sort of emo flashback soon due to the bloody knife scene.

Also Aoi is your standard moe, but she is so good at it I would watch this show for her alone!
FuzzimsOct 22, 2007 6:41 PM
Oct 22, 2007 9:38 PM

Jun 2007
Legion17 said:

I'm not sure a grieving mother would push her son away when a family member died. If his father did die, I would have though that he would be spending more time with his mother or family members...it could be that his Dad use to abuse him and he ended up killing him out of self defense..or not haha.

I'm more interested in what the girls problem is now. I wonder what happened to cause her to be such a hard ass.
Oct 23, 2007 3:51 PM

Nov 2004
When I saw the watch thing I automatically assumed that it was a memento from a dead family member or someone important. And yeah, the knife brought back memories of the murder. Didn't think about suicide and the watch covering scars until I read this thread. I think suicide is more likely then him witnessing a murder though cause yeah, you wouldn't be sent away from your family if such a thing happened. Unless he had bad relations with his mom, which doesn't seem to be the case considering how she phones him everyday.

Anyway, enjoying this series a lot more now. I will most likely continue watching to see the "bad past" and explanation for how Sana gets moody sometimes (I looked at episode 1 again, they really do focus on the watch at first, and of course his conversation with his mom during episode one looked really dark).
Oct 24, 2007 3:39 PM

Sep 2007
Aoi is so annoying.
Nov 6, 2007 5:46 AM

Jul 2007
jeng jeng jeng...

and the plot thickens.. seems like the story got darker..

once again, it goes to show how totally clueless guys can be.. if i was part of that grp, i would feel slighted having a stranger in a 'reunion' of sort..
Dec 26, 2007 6:37 PM

Oct 2007
Just gotta say i defenitely thought of school days the moment i saw the knife haha. i wonder what that was all about. I do agree with the mutilation thing for the watch (why put it under spoilers?)

i missed most of the first ep because i was looking up the seiyuus for nanaka and shuu since they sounded familiar... and i was right. they're two of my favorite seiyuus (Takehito Koyasu and Ami Koshimizu)
Mar 19, 2008 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
haha school days... i have yet to rewatch that series.. but im not pumped for it.. cuz of how i was annoyed the whole time...
Apr 14, 2008 7:18 PM

Jun 2007
no school days vibe here (played the game, never saw the anime)

even though it seemed rather obscure of him to go somewhere by himself after seeing a bloody knife... a lot of probabilities, i cant decide which one to go for... but after he didnt want to take his wrist watch off, i thought that he might have attempted suicide after he left his hometown, or that something really bad happened. anyways, other than the suicidal thought, this episode was pretty good/ok, funny most of the times, and i laughed at nanaki with the school swimsuit on.... i thought it was nice of him to give the pretty rock to nanaki, and she seems to really like it (ok, school days vibe...)

really interesting... if someone translates the game/h-game i will get it.
Apr 14, 2008 10:30 PM

Apr 2007
Sana attempting suicide didn't cross my mind until I read this thread. It adds up when considering a lot of the foreshadowing with his mother's calls and his reluctance to remove his watch. I want to see if that was the case.

Faust721 said:
Anyways, I enjoyed this episode. I loved the "shut up" in english. and after episode 3, it is still Hoshino > Nanaka.

Truth.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 9, 2008 1:23 AM

May 2008
christinemarie said:
Definitely it won't happen.
They just adapted SD and Higurashi's hints....

Shuri seems changed her attitude when she saw Sana's other self.
similar aura: Satoko attitude(HiguKai) all over though mature version and not the one that possible to be bullied....

Nanaka seems insane for my opinion, as she was happy with the gift from Sana.
similar aura: Extreme Tsundere+Kotonoha's shyness (Though she never reject any school related task given to her the same as Kotonoha)

Asami seems the type who will stick to her man whenever possible (Good thing Sana is not yet aware of his current situation), and always one step ahead of Nanaka.
similar aura: Extreme Low Profile version of Sekai or rather I would call it very slow type.

Aoi seems the one that makes everything turn happy before it reaches the peak of sadness.
similar aura: none, she's the 1st of her type The all in one MoE package including the seiyu's voice in one character.

Definitely Sana is not the same as Makoto. He is rather the suicidal type of character and the only way to remove his past experience is his former friends friendship and love. Sana doesn't want to trouble people whenever he does somehow make him not confident with his existence, the reason her mother keeps calling to him worried he might do it again.

All I can say with the past three episodes the characters are well balanced each other without the other then it would be a big failure.

you forgot shuu. he is like the SD character taisuke
Jul 19, 2008 7:05 AM
Dec 2007
cyruz said:

Hehe same here, I saw this scene, and I was like : "Wow is it School Days or Higurashi this time ?". I love when some hints of fear, blood and drama are thrown like that in a usually joyful anime, I don't know, that just makes my day I guess !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 5, 2008 10:29 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder whats under the wrist watch and the bloody knife
family cuts him?
i dunno
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2008 2:18 PM

Jun 2008
lol school days... i bet he is indeed hiding a scar under that watch !
Jan 22, 2009 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
Nanaka gave the air of a bitch in the first 2 episodes, and stills do (I dont really pity her). She's cute I guess though :D
The new character that's showing up next ep seems interesting, I'll look forward to more surprises! :3

cyruz said:

I'm gonna guess it has something to do with his dad. Or some bloody tragedy in which he was involved with... either way, I hope it's good and inetresting, since I love anything to do with drama (mainy romance, but gore's fine too). ^^
They should do an anime of the newest Days series novels by the way. Something gory again~
DeathfireD said:
It better not turn into school days. That show ruined my anime life. Now ever time I watch shows like this I get the feeling someones gonna die, it pisses me off :(.

No, by the looks of your avatar, I think you don't :P
It's weird how I came to like these kind of stuff(not really, always found them interesting)!
Mar 17, 2009 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
That was a nice episode.
But what's with the bloody knife???
It freaked me out.
Mar 25, 2009 12:35 PM

May 2007
mmm yeah, Nice Watch. And
Ixtli said:
And please dear author, make Aoi lose ou change her voice somehow xD
^this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.