Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2009 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was actually pretty good; I thought they'd totally lost it with the extensive and boring (to say nothing of hilariously implausible) plot expositions, but that city arc was quite dramatic.

I was slightly annoyed that Fulle had to heroically sacrifice himself, as it always seems like the easy, uninteresting option to resolve love triangles, but at least he looked awesome with his duel daggers when the dodgy writing made him charge into the valley of death.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 10, 2009 7:23 AM

Nov 2007
I liked Fulle's death. It was one of the action highlights of the series.
Aug 8, 2009 9:58 PM

Feb 2008
for some reason I kept expecting Chris and co save him. and I'm still surprised that they didn't try to take him alive to torture him.

think maybe Chris came to offer his services.
Dec 2, 2009 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
omg...noononoono...fulle died?
Jul 19, 2010 10:22 AM
Aug 2008
Nooooooo! Fuelle! ;_; You will be missed.
Aug 19, 2010 11:30 PM

Jan 2008
Semi-Uninteresting way to die, down in a blaze of glory. That hasn't happened before. Also the whole crawling away scene really made him look a little pathetic in my mind. I like how Shannon was the one to let him pass on though, really completes the circle well.

The past couple episodes I felt really bad for Leo because he was being ignored straight up by "Pamela" and oddly I don't think Leo had ever shown much emotion until this episode. Which I really liked. Sad to see Fulle die he was a great character even if it was just for a few episodes.

I hope chris and Co will help out, but the preview doesn't seem to lead to that conclusion. Also I want more Shannon, Raquel, Pacifica time, I miss the trio.
Mar 7, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
That was a really good episode. They needed someone to die to save the series! >:D
Jan 24, 2013 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
They killed him... I hate this episode.
Feb 4, 2013 2:08 AM
Feb 2012
Darkmage530 said:

The past couple episodes I felt really bad for Leo because he was being ignored straight up by "Pamela" and oddly I don't think Leo had ever shown much emotion until this episode. Which I really liked. Sad to see Fulle die he was a great character even if it was just for a few episodes.

Ya, poor Leo, but it's clear that Pacifica never loved him as more than a friend and this just made him look pathetic. Wish they had written him to grow more as a man and realize this, stoically being the white knight for her to the bitter end but being aware that this will probably be the extent of his role. Fulle was cool and his death was well done.

I think the whole amnesia plot-line is a huge disservice for his character though. Would have been better if he had been natural love interest--like he hooked up with them earlier on in their travels and they gradually fall in love (with big brother and Leo being very uncomfortable) and then the two on their own because they think everyone else was killed. So they have to hide out and pretend to be a couple to avoid detection but becoming a real couple--then the whole capture/death sequence.

Once again: the amnesia plot device was really dumb. Even a more partial amnesia would have been better, not the bizarre plot-convenient switch on and off variety you usually get from a Gilligan's Island episode or a Warner Brothers cartoon.
May 30, 2013 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
God that was incredibly depressing, Fulle was a pretty likable character for a guy who is in the show for such a short time. Made me think though maybe he became attached to her and took her in because of that whole gene thing which Leo and several others have.
Jul 25, 2014 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
While the amnesia bit was a tad much, the way the ended up using it left me satisfied. It's sad to see Fulle go, but I liked that Shannon was the one to find him and "send him off". It seemed fitting.

That was more emotional than I expected.

I was expecting another "of course" moment with Chris and co. suddenly helping Pacifica, but the preview indicates otherwise. How refreshing.
Jun 10, 2015 12:08 AM

Feb 2013
Ugh, they just had to kill Fulle off didn't they? I was actually starting to really like him too :/. Why couldn't Leo have died instead? Seriously, I just find him to be such a boring character, hes just your typical Lawful *stupid* knight lol.

Also am I the only one who finds Cz and Shannon really cute together? I'm hoping she has a change of heart and switches sides.
Sep 17, 2016 2:03 AM

Jul 2008
There goes Furet, and god damn it Pacifica is so damn annoying right now.
Sep 9, 2017 11:21 PM

Jun 2016
I've always liked Pacifica as a character, calling her annoying is not justified to me, you can for the writing however. Why would people try to protect her, and care about her so much when she isn't capable of doing much on her own, and acts selfish and spoiled at times? The reason is because this destiny crap, the sending of guardian genes down the line, is just ridiculous. Why did Furet, who had a great dynamic with Pacifica and Leo have to die, because he was destined to. Why did both men like Pacifica so much, destined too. Why did Keydarf hide themm he was destined to. Why does Chris question the morality of handing her in, why will he most likely save her from jail, because he was destined to! I can go on, but when you acknowledge the only reason so many people care about Pacifica is because they have to, due to Browning, it dampens a lot of the dramatic effect. Speaking of laziness in writing, the longer this goes on the more the amnesia really feels like a dumb plot device. I like the scenes it's brought, but to base the whole show after it on an unexplained event that came out of nowhere really just leaves a bad taste. Plot holes are excusable when they're small, but not so much when they bring about a whole arc revolving around them(see 2017 Death Note movie). This could be explained, somehow, maybe, I don't know, but if it is explained well I take this bit back.

Y'know, other than the nitpick of Pacifica and Winia somehow getting Furet to dress as a woman(cause clearly Leo could be forced to put it on) for a joke, even though it would only make them more noticeable and suspicious, I liked that episode. The planning was cool, Furet was a really fun support, and it was paced really well. I also liked the detail that Shannon got Cz to stand under his umbrella, very much alike the first time they met, if that isn't a sign of them developing their relationship I don't know what is. Perhaps it's a sign that this is like their first meeting all over again. It's a shame that Leo left Soopie behind though, although it makes sense.

Shape430 said:
Why couldn't Leo have died instead? Seriously, I just find him to be such a boring character, hes just your typical Lawful *stupid* knight lol.

On the contrary, I find him to be one of the most complex cast members with his whole search for defining his own chivalry and in turn justice. He's someone who's been raised as nobility and wants to become a hero, probably in a childlike fashion. The anime has been putting work into making him realize what it truly means to be a knight in the face of law, and make him question if that's all he can be. As he said earlier, he will find his own sense of justice that everyone can agree with, he refuses to believe all morality is grays, and by doing so Pacifica might one day become an enemy to him. However, this is quite impossible with him being a guardian making him have to agree with Pacifica, but still there's a lot of stuff going on in his brain. He's not just a stupid lawful knight, he is a character who is struggling to find out what it means to be right. Even in this episode he was confronted with the paradox again alike that time with Doyle, to be a knight would be to lop off Pacifica's head. He wants to be a knight, but he wants a knight to be more than "someone who cuts people up" or something along those lines from his conversation with Keydorf. Until he establishes his own justice and definition of a knight confidently, I would really not like to see him go.

In fact Furet was just introduced, and as a love interest for Pacifica, and a sacrifice for her purely because of his genes. He had good dialogue with the cast, but there wasn't much there. It's far better for him to die, as he's just a replacement for Shannon well Shannon is gone, Leopold has more going for him thematically and dynamic wise for the group.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsSep 9, 2017 11:35 PM
Sep 27, 2017 7:15 AM

Mar 2016
I'm not saying that I didn't like these past episodes, but this memory thing only really serves to shit all over Pacifica's character.
Apr 5, 2018 1:06 AM

Oct 2009
Noooo ;-;
Fulle ma babe why do you have to die </3 RIP..
Mar 19, 2019 12:35 PM

Jul 2014
Shape430 said:
Also am I the only one who finds Cz and Shannon really cute together?
Nope. I also ship them :-)
Feb 9, 2021 12:10 PM
May 2018
mozgow said:
Shape430 said:
Also am I the only one who finds Cz and Shannon really cute together?
Nope. I also ship them :-)

I’d ship them too if it weren’t for the whole Cin thing and Shannon seeing her as a little sister.
Jun 27, 2021 8:59 PM
Oct 2020
This show old as hell but I gotta say that Pacifica’s nonchalance towards Raquel didn’t sit right with me. Rip Fulle

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 12 Discussion

Nande - Dec 21, 2007

10 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Mar 24, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 24 Discussion

hznu - Aug 30, 2008

44 by NoviSun »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 16 Discussion

fedaykin - Jan 10, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

10 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Scrapped Princess Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 8, 2009

7 by Alkimia »»
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.