Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
this episode left such a strong impression
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 20, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
game8910 said:
So we'll hate him, because he can take it. He is not a hero. He is a watchful student, a silent loner. He is Hachiman.

The LN adaptation ends here. Next week we have an original episode.
I can't wait for the full version of Bitter Bitter Sweet! Toyama Nao and Hayami Saori both have beautiful singing voices and having them together is just amazing.
They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Hachiman, he can be the outcast. He can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice.
Jun 20, 2013 9:59 PM

Oct 2012
Reality is harsh. If she can't take, that's her problem. The author must really want people to hate her.
Jun 20, 2013 10:06 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode.
5/5
Jun 20, 2013 10:10 PM
Jan 2013
More Shizuka x Hachiman <3
Also
Jun 20, 2013 10:11 PM
Apr 2013
Mubashwer said:
I didnt understand the ending conversation..? Did hikky and yukinoshita officially become friends? or not?

I think they officially became friends because she said she understands him now. This was a great episode! Can't wait until the finale. I sort of felt depressed for Hikigaya :s
Jun 20, 2013 10:13 PM
Mar 2013
you all forget who the people behind the scenes that caused this incident occurred.
the one who manipulate Sagami and plan to scapegoat her.

HARUNO......
Jun 20, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2012
00:11
Poor Hikki.

Keion! OreGaIru baajon!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 20, 2013 10:24 PM

May 2008
It's sad to see where this show went. I thoroughly enjoyed it in the beginning but it completely petered out these last couple of episodes. So close to being good though.
In the End, was it worth it?
Jun 20, 2013 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
game8910 said:

Haha :D I laughed so hard when I saw this picture. He is in top3 MC in this season.
Jun 20, 2013 10:27 PM

Mar 2012
Next episode being kind of a side chapter, this season has drawn an end at 12. Well, it was great while it lasted. One of few series that actually delves deep into social interactions while avoiding the normal cliches one would expect from a series with this kind of title. Props to the author and the production team, and this definitely deserves a season 2.
Jun 20, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2012
10/10 Episode. Show turned out to be really good. I know it's getting an OVA, but i'm really hoping for a second season. Ah, one can dream though.

I really like 8man's observant skills. He reads people like a book. The rooftop scene was intense and had my heart pumping. Yeezus this was a good episode.

I have a question, is the next episode gonna have development or something or is it just a fun episode for the fans? It said "Extra episode" like it was a filler. I'm cool with that either way.
Jun 20, 2013 10:41 PM

Feb 2013
So, it ends with everybody hating Hachiman and Yukino not being his friend.. Looks like nobody has to worry who he'll "end up with" lol..
Jun 20, 2013 10:44 PM
Jul 2011
Pfft! I think Hachiman really get wrong idea and being misunderstand again!
Jun 20, 2013 10:45 PM
Jul 2011
I really rooting for Hachiman and Yukino ending!
Jun 20, 2013 10:57 PM

Jan 2012
SeerHu said:

Who knows, might have a little special ending for the extra episode. I Was rooting for Yui.
Jun 20, 2013 11:06 PM
Nov 2011
Hikkigaya casually solos all the MCs from the romcom genre
GG
Jun 20, 2013 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
neonBdragon said:
game8910 said:
So we'll hate him, because he can take it. He is not a hero. He is a watchful student, a silent loner. He is Hachiman.

I can't wait for the full version of Bitter Bitter Sweet! Toyama Nao and Hayami Saori both have beautiful singing voices and having them together is just amazing.
They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Hachiman, he can be the outcast. He can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice.

Batman = Hachiman
Dent = Hayato
Gordon = Shizuka
Joker = Haruno
Jun 20, 2013 11:10 PM
Jun 2013
game8910 said:

well, hachiman is right. his looks aint too bad. sad eyes would be better than the fish eyes (24:09). if he could be more cheerful and open up, he'd be more than hayama and line up a harem. @ least he has character , attitude , most importantly logic- which produces best result (i dont think they would put u up in the play if u look ugly. )this was also backed up by Komachi- provided Hiki doesnt talk lols. Well, his social sacrifices wont matter if he got 2 of the best chix always beside him (saki too, if u read the LN), if i were hachiman, wont ask for more. Dark knight eh, suits him just right.

The anime refreshes your memory if you read the LN. Bottom line: still awesome 9/10.
Jun 20, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
I freaking respect Hachiman. Go die Sagami.
Aaaanyway. That's too bad, everyone else didn't realize the s*** she was trying to take the credit for. Great episode, thoughtful series. (trying to avoid sounding like a fanboy like I see in some very hyped series so please take my compliments to this episode as genuine and complete opinion on my part)

Jun 20, 2013 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
Hikki Vs the world Says the things no one would ever say and ends up getting hated for it even though hes cool with that still kinda sucks like the teach said there are people who'd be hurt watching him get hurt.

So if they did an S2 would it actually focus maybe on Hikki trying to gain friends or something along those lines.
Jun 20, 2013 11:29 PM
Jul 2009
DAMN 8man is so boss, its so refreshing to have and watch such an insightful lead character in a romcom. That moment with Yukino was very captivating as well, what with the winking... "...but I know you now." Kills me every time XD

Sad to see this season ending, and with the LN being barely an arc ahead, looks like we won't be getting a 2nd season soon if they decide to (really hope they do). Oregairu is truly a gem.

In closing.... Hachiman x Yukino, YEAAAA
Jun 20, 2013 11:40 PM
Mar 2012
I have again learnt from the Hachiman. Long live the Dark Knight.
Jun 20, 2013 11:59 PM
Apr 2011
tirthasg said:
Wonderful episode! This episode concludes the 6th Light novel and the next episode will be a original story by the author himself.For those who are wondering about a 2nd Season must wait because only 7 Light Novels have been published so far.According the author the story is at its mid.Guess we have to wait at least 2 years for Season 2. What are your thoughts guys?

Two years? That's a lot of waiting. I really liked this episode, Hachiman taking all the blame and hate just so that the show can go on. But where's the romantic development? Hopefully next episode. Well here's to hoping.
Jun 20, 2013 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
This is the best episode of this arc because finally the girl just got told.

Even the most thoughtful main character can be selfish and narcissistic, eh?

Next episode is the last epi :( Well so far entire thing is 8/10.
Jun 21, 2013 12:01 AM

May 2013
Man when I watched this episode I feel like I need 8man to teach me his ways lol, awesome episode :D
Tch.
Jun 21, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2013
Hachiman turly is the best, being able to withstand so much hatred. It's really good to see Hachiman and Yukino's usual cimversation back in action, I really missed it.

I guess Sagami didn't really apologize for mistakes then, she just showed she couldn't accept reality.

When I first saw Hayato, I thought he was just putting up that appearance, the cool and nice guy, this episode made me rethink my thought.

Sensei just hit the bullseye with her talk with Hachiman.

Samurai_Zero said:

In closing.... Hachiman x Yukino, YEAAAA
Jun 21, 2013 12:08 AM

Sep 2012
OMG YUKINON AND YUI SINGING = WIN!
Jun 21, 2013 12:13 AM

May 2011
game8910 said:

I laughed my ass seeing this picture LOL. Yeah, that's the hero we need. Yes, it is tough getting told the truth. People tend to ignore it even it is bitter.

Whatever it is, I just looking forward HachimanxTotsuka lol. (and I am a male..weird though lol). Just laugh when Totsuka wave at him and then when it comes to Zaimozuka 8man just look uncomfortable. Totsuka will always be rooting for you 8man hahaha
Jun 21, 2013 12:22 AM

May 2013
Bitches gonna bitch, Sagami. She never learnt anything from past, and begged for people forgiveness without any word leaving the mouth of us. What 8man has done is to put some slam word that made she realized of her own hierarchy, although 8man knows the cons of doing that. He took that chances, so that she knew not to mess up with society, or at least to himself. I'm sure that there are still people believe with 8man, asides from Haruno, Shizuka, Yukinon, Yui and other people that had been around him. But apart from his decision from doing it, I'm also sure that 8man got a bit hurt inside him. Damn, it is just like I'm watching a new Batman series. :D

“It's not at all hard to understand a person; it's only hard to listen without bias.”
― Criss Jami
Jun 21, 2013 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
Well , she refuses to be friendzoned....
Also , Hikki didnt pick anything wrong . That was the right decision , he read her tactic and didnt gave her , or lie to her , what she wanted . He didnt gave her the attention she didnt deserve . Simply put Hayato was wrong , very wrong . When someone does retarded things , on a serious job , and they didnt even do the honor , if they didnt really want to be a burden , to let the stuff she had to do to someone else . Personally , I call what Hikki did a nice and well-deserved scolding . Leaving out of blue , on serious stuff ?
Hayato doesnt have a messure metter or something ?
She put everyone in trouble because of her selfish act , she deserved what Hikki said , no matter what . I know it's disturbing when someone reads your intentions but you're overly reacting here with "Hikki used the wrong method" , he used the right one damn it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 21, 2013 12:28 AM

May 2012
I freaking love hikigaya, everything that comes out of his mouth is so freaking true. and so freaking brutally honest. love it.
Looking forward to see how they wrap it all up next week. hoping for hikigaya x yukino gonna be a good week.
Jun 21, 2013 12:29 AM

Jul 2012
During the rooftop scene I though his speech would make Sagami go all "Im not like you I´ll prove it by not screwing this up". But I guess that was way too optimistic from my part, Hachiman would probably laugh at me telling me that the world doesnt work that way.

He knew she would blew it no matter what so he played the bad guy role -again- and just gave her an excuse to be the poor victim.

But at least is good to know that his friends still support him and they dont seem to be that bothered by his growing bad reputation
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Jun 21, 2013 12:34 AM
Feb 2013
Hiki...
Great episode, he's probably my favourite MC this season.
Jun 21, 2013 12:37 AM

May 2010
While watching the concert scene, I couldn't help but be reminded of a similar performance in Haruhi. Yui and Yukino's performance was good, but it was nowhere near as good as Haruhi's performance. Aya Hirano (Haruhi's seiyuu) performed much better, vocally. Other than that, it was yet another awesome episode. Can't wait till next week!
ChokorettoKeekiJun 21, 2013 12:49 AM
A flower represents a man's life, hopes and dreams...they all wither away and die.
Jun 21, 2013 12:40 AM

Dec 2012
game8910 said:

Hachiman or Hachibat lol
Jun 21, 2013 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
game8910 said:

LOLOLOL
Jun 21, 2013 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
kitkatxz said:
Hachiman aka (Batman's son) is the best MC of the spring season HANDS DOWN. IDC about Maou-sama, IDC ABOUT THIS TITAN EREN GUY, IDC ABOUT THIS GUY WHO IS STUCK ON EARTH. 8man is the best and you cannot change that no matter what you say 2 me.

Now about the episode, LAZY ASS ANIMATION during that concert scene they just played the same animations over and over. I don't know if they were rushed but come on it was the last episode (LN episode) at least animate everything decently plz.

Other than that Great episode Hachiman laying down the truth, Memory lane during the last scene of this episode. I will miss this anime i hope that it sales will be enough to encourage a 2nd season :D.

Hachiman for the win .
Jun 21, 2013 12:49 AM

Apr 2011
BloodyNightsky said:
Also , Hikki didnt pick anything wrong . That was the right decision , he read her tactic and didnt gave her , or lie to her , what she wanted . He didnt gave her the attention she didnt deserve . Simply put Hayato was wrong , very wrong . When someone does retarded things , on a serious job , and they didnt even do the honor , if they didnt really want to be a burden , to let the stuff she had to do to someone else . Personally , I call what Hikki did a nice and well-deserved scolding . Leaving out of blue , on serious stuff ?
She put everyone in trouble because of her selfish act , she deserved what Hikki said , no matter what . I know it's disturbing when someone reads your intentions but you're overly reacting here with "Hikki used the wrong method" , he used the right one damn it.

Hayato metter work just find. Do you remember his last line on that roof? He did see what Hikki did and even went along to in order make Sagami look better, but he hates it regardless and hates it.

If you think Hachimans act were directed against her you are badly mistaken. All Hayato needed was little push, say few nice lines and everyone would be happy, or Hikki could just take these results and let Yukino get deserved credit. But Hikki decided SAVE Sagami who didn't deserved it instead and destroyed himself in process. If that isn't wrong method I never saw one.
Tenzen12Jun 21, 2013 12:57 AM
Jun 21, 2013 12:57 AM
May 2013
Great anime with badass MC...

8man is truly fucked up character lol....
Jun 21, 2013 1:03 AM

Mar 2010
yo am i the only one that wanted hachiman to deck hayato during the roof top scene
Jun 21, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2013
I thought this episode was cool. What really caught my eye was the look on Hachiman's face at the performance. He looked lonely or depressed. I wonder why because usually you don't see him make a face like that so its got me pondering. Anyone else notice that at all?
Jun 21, 2013 1:07 AM

Apr 2011
@Batosai: That wouldn't be according to Keikaku.
Tenzen12Jun 21, 2013 1:11 AM
Jun 21, 2013 1:11 AM

Aug 2010
SeerHu said:

We can only hope!
Jun 21, 2013 1:19 AM

Mar 2013
batossai said:
yo am i the only one that wanted hachiman to deck hayato during the roof top scene

I wanted Hayato to deck 8man actually, as astute as he may be he'd still deserve it
Jun 21, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2013
Tenzen12 said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Hayato metter work just find. Do you remember his last line on that roof? He did see what Hikki did and even went along to in order make Sagami look better, but he hates it regardless and hates it.

If you think Hachimans act were directed against her you are badly mistaken. All Hayato needed was little push, say few nice lines and everyone would be happy, or Hikki could just take these results and let Yukino get deserved credit. But Hikki decided SAVE Sagami who didn't deserved it instead and destroyed himself in process. If that isn't wrong method I never saw one.

I dont see where I said anything about Hayato . I just said that Hikki did gave Sagami a scolding . Hayato is too childish thinking that lying is the right choice . In fact he's the opposite of Hayato in these regards .
"Hayato doesnt have a messure metter or something?"
Ment that he doesnt realize that what he's trying to do is just lying people in order to get the results HE WANTED.
I think I'm pointing the obvious here , but just in case , that his intentions are not bad but being a beautiful lie is wrong . If we take what I just said if Hayato is a beautiful lie , Hachiman is an ugly truth.
Personally , I'm sick of beautiful lies .
I wonder to whom Shizuka was refering other than the obvious . Herself and Yukino?
FluffyFleshJun 21, 2013 1:36 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 21, 2013 1:22 AM

Mar 2012
I want to punch Hayato right now. Fck I hate the all his classmates are stupid specially murai and hayato's little group of friends. They couldn't even realize what's hikki's intentions.
Jun 21, 2013 1:35 AM

Jan 2011
I think there are several who now know exactly what Hachiman is doing (particularly Hayato). What they don't like is how this just continues to isolate Hachiman as they can't conceive of someone being happy outside the typical teenage clique and social interaction. And is Hachiman really happy this way? If he could trust other people enough to accept Yui's or Yukino's honest feelings, wouldn't he be a happier person?

I think this show is a pretty solid nine. We'll see what happens with the final episode, but I'm not going to lower my score for the series after this one which I'll assume is the true ending.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 21, 2013 1:36 AM

Apr 2011
BloodyNight said:

I dont see where I said anything about Hayato . I just said that Hikki did gave Sagami a scolding . Hayato is too childish thinking that lying is the right choice . In fact he's the opposite of Hayato in these regards .
Ment that he doesnt realize that what he's trying to do is just lying people in order to get the results HE WANTED.

1)Hikki can't care less for Sagami. That scolding were just way to let save her face as head of commite. He wouldn't bother scold Sagami if not of Yukino request nor if Hayato weren't here to attack him. It was just method to fulfill his task and nothing more.

2)Hayato use gentle lies to get result he want and Hikki hurt people and himself for very same reason. It's same but Hachiman methods are simply more effective and leave bad aftertaste.

Also if Hikki had Hayato social skills do you think he wouldn't lie in same manner? He would cause 8man always use most effective method regardless what it is.
Tenzen12Jun 21, 2013 1:40 AM
Jun 21, 2013 1:42 AM

Apr 2013
rodac said:
I think there are several who now know exactly what Hachiman is doing (particularly Hayato). What they don't like is how this just continues to isolate Hachiman as they can't conceive of someone being happy outside the typical teenage clique and social interaction. And is Hachiman really happy this way? If he could trust other people enough to accept Yui's or Yukino's honest feelings, wouldn't he be a happier person?

I think this show is a pretty solid nine. We'll see what happens with the final episode, but I'm not going to lower my score for the series after this one which I'll assume is the true ending.

Trying to change someone against his will makes him sad . He said it several times , he's happy the way he is .
Tenzen12 said:
BloodyNight said:

1)Hikki can't care less for Sagami. That scolding were just way to let save her face as head of commite. He wouldn't bother scold Sagami if not of Yukino request nor if Hayato weren't here to attack him. It was just method to fulfill his task and nothing more.

2)Hayato use gentle lies to get result he want and Hikki hurt people and himself for very same reason. It's same but Hachiman methods are simply more effective and leave bad aftertaste.

Also if Hikki had Hayato social skills do you think he wouldn't lie in same manner? He would

Where have I said Hikki cares about Sagami?
Also , Hikki uses those methods to get the result everyone wants from those persons not what HE WANTS . Have you ever heard him saying he likes doing that?
Hayato wants to get the same results but let him feel good that he didnt "hurt" that person by lying . Personally , I find that disgusting .
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.