Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Just wondering about your guys' opinion of the Rosario+Vampire anime. Now, after completing it, I actually liked it and was debating whether or not to buy it. But after seeing some reviews about it on sites like these, people really seem to not like the anime version compared to the manga. What makes them so different for people to hate the anime adaption?

Mod Edit: Made title descriptive.
LunaJun 19, 2013 12:01 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
I have too many rant that I have done in many thread about R+V anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 18, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
I have too many rant that I have done in many thread about R+V anime.

Thats where I got the idea to post this thread, from the comment about it, also since you replied to it (on the most disappointing sequel)
Jun 18, 2013 8:55 PM

Oct 2012
It's great mindless fun.

Jun 18, 2013 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
I never finished it.
Jun 18, 2013 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
Shrabster said:
It's great mindless fun.

Oh how much I love Mizore <333
GoateeJun 18, 2013 8:59 PM
Jun 18, 2013 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
Here read this.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=584191
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 18, 2013 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
Have not saw/or read the manga before so will read the manga instead for me.
Jun 18, 2013 9:00 PM
Feb 2012
Probably should have read the manga but I guess it was all right.
Jun 18, 2013 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
But whyyyyyyyyy you guys? Why is the manga so much better than the anime? Did the anime change the plot from what the manga originally had? Or was there filler or something?

<-----This guy has no clue
Jun 18, 2013 9:04 PM

Sep 2012
The first season of the anime only animates 10 chapters of the 40 chapter manga, and does it out of order. The first season isn't really a bad adaption, it's just short. I think I remember liking the finale of the anime better than that part in the manga.

Then there was a second manga, continuing from the first, (It's called "Rosario + Vampire Season 2) which is ongoing and currently up to 64 chapters.

The second season of the anime is completely unrelated to either of the mangas.

And while the anime is focused on ecchi, harem, and comedy antics, the manga is focused on action and the characters and their developments.

Basically, the manga is far superior to the anime in every aspect. But the anime is still fine if you're just looking for comedy/ecchi.

Also, this:

Red_KeysJun 18, 2013 9:11 PM
Jun 18, 2013 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
I'm okay with they throw the plot but throwing the character is just absurd. Maybe I will react differently if I watch anime first but as someone who read manga first it was beyond dissapointing.
Jun 18, 2013 9:08 PM

Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
I'm okay with they throw the plot but throwing the character is just absurd. Maybe I will react differently if I watch anime first but as someone who read manga first it was beyond dissapointing.

Yeah that is typical for someone who reads a manga before watching the anime and vise versa.
Jun 18, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2012
The manga has a darker, more interesting story to it than the anime. I believe people hate the adaptation because it focused so heavily on comedy and fan service that it wasted the potential possessed by the manga. Even so, if you enjoy the anime and want to purchase it then go for it.
Jun 18, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2012
I will not know until you read the manga OP.
Better invest your money on the mangas.
Jun 18, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
The first season of the anime only animates 10 chapters of the 40 chapter manga, and does it out of order. The first season isn't really a bad adaption, it's just short. I think I remember liking the finale of the anime better than that part in the manga.

Then there was a second manga, continuing from the first, (It's called "Rosario + Vampire Season 2) which is ongoing and currently up to 64 chapters.

And while the anime is focused on ecchi, harem, and comedy antics, the manga is focused on action and the characters and their developments.

Basically, the manga is far superior to the anime in every aspect. But the anime is still fine if you're just looking for comedy/ecchi.

Also, this:

Whoa, manga Tsukune looks much cooler I must say, I am guessing his personality in the anime is more, how should I say it, wimpier I am guessing.
Jun 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2012
the anime isn't that bad IMO,
but if you compare it with the manga,
well, everyone has already answered it
Jun 18, 2013 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
On its own, the anime is okay. Season 1 > season 2 though because season 2 just takes season 1's characters and makes them do random shit instead of introducing new characters. Well, there's one more character but even she gets reduced to nothing.

Basically there's nothing new in season 2 worth mentioning.

Now, the manga blows the anime right out the window. If you want a good piece of entertainment, read the fucking manga.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 18, 2013 9:20 PM
Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:

Also, this:

So true, and now I will read the manga.
Jun 18, 2013 9:21 PM

Jan 2013
You know what, I have never read manga before, never really liked reading tbh and I didnt really like the idea of no colour or music (its true xP) but I will start to read the Rosario Vampire manga now, just to see for myself.
Jun 18, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
KAIOKEN1113 said:
You know what, I have never read manga before, never really liked reading tbh and I didnt really like the idea of no colour or music (its true xP) but I will start to read the Rosario Vampire manga now, just to see for myself.
That's a good idea.

I think R+V was the first manga I started reading, and I never looked back! You're really denying yourself a lot of great stories if you never read manga.
Jun 18, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2012
KAIOKEN1113 said:
I skipped the first manga because, supposedly, it's just the season 1 anime all over again but with horrible artwork. I can't confirm it obviously.

But I just straight up started at the "season 2" manga and it's great.

Nov 2012
KAIOKEN1113 said:

great, now stop to be a lazy fucker, and it's worth to give it a shot

Jun 2012
If you liked the anime, you'll probably like the manga. I ended up dropping the show after 10 minutes and dropped the manga after 34 chapters. Yes, I had 6 more chapters to go to finish it, but I just didn't want to waste any more time.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 18, 2013 9:26 PM

Sep 2012
gamer2710 said:
I skipped the first manga because, supposedly, it's just the season 1 anime all over again. I can't confirm it obviously.

You missed about 30 chapters of the original manga...
Jun 18, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
gamer2710 said:
I skipped the first manga because, supposedly, it's just the season 1 anime all over again. I can't confirm it obviously.

Yeah but I didn't want the 30 chapters of drivel that I got from the anime. Even the start of season 2 was still comedy/harem-esque. Did I miss anything worth mentioning?
Jun 18, 2013 9:30 PM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
Red_Keys said:
gamer2710 said:

Yeah but I didn't want the 30 chapters of drivel that I got from the anime. Even the start of season 2 was still comedy/harem-esque. Did I miss anything worth mentioning?
Jun 18, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2013
anime wasn't too bad. mizore <3 that's about it.
Jun 18, 2013 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
Red_Keys said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:
That's a good idea.

I think R+V was the first manga I started reading, and I never looked back! You're really denying yourself a lot of great stories if you never read manga.

ranzero said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:

great, now stop to be a lazy fucker, and it's worth to give it a shot

Oh yes I know, I just prefer anime overall tbh, so if there is an option of reading the manga or watching the anime, definitely go with watching the anime (even though the manga is most the time much better) Surprisingly, my favourite anime, I haven't even read the manga.

Oh and also, me not being lazy is like the earth not revolving around the sun, I cant help it xD
Jun 18, 2013 9:35 PM

Aug 2012
If you're new to manga, then be prepared for Rosario + Vampire (along with many others) because this one isn't finished yet. It updates monthly for the fan translations. For action manga, that's a pretty fucking long wait.
Jun 18, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
gamer2710 said:
If you're new to manga, then be prepared for Rosario + Vampire (along with many others) because this one isn't finished yet. It updates monthly for the fan translations. For action manga, that's a pretty fucking long wait.
How did I know you haven't read Berserk?

Jun 18, 2013 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
Manga is way better; though I'm waiting for it to be complete until I read it. Hate having to wait 3 years for a chapter.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 18, 2013 9:37 PM

Aug 2012
Holybaptiser said:
gamer2710 said:
I don't understand what you're saying.
Jun 18, 2013 9:40 PM

Jun 2012
gamer2710 said:
Holybaptiser said:
gamer2710 said:
I don't understand what you're saying.
Naturally.

Jun 18, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
It falls in the "Meh, it was okay" category. Entertaining enough, but nothing overly fantastic. I do like the characters a lot though.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 18, 2013 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
R+V II is a masterpiece, and I'm talking about the manga.
Jun 18, 2013 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Meh, it was fine - a regular ecchi/harem show though it had slightly better quality than average. I rarely read manga and don't even bother putting manga on my list so can't say much about that.
Jun 18, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
Holybaptiser said:
gamer2710 said:
ah! the yearly updates of Berserk.. gotta love them.
Jun 18, 2013 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
Sourire said:
R+V II is a masterpiece, and I'm talking about the manga.

Thought so xD
Jun 18, 2013 10:09 PM

Jun 2008
As you guys can see from my avatar and signature....I'm a HUGE R+V fan.

OP....Go read the manga right now!

It is vastly superior to the anime and has a great story which the anime unfortunately decided not to follow.

As for the anime....I saw it back when it was airing....it was actually the first ever romance comedy I saw as an anime fan.

I liked it, but I have to admit when I read the manga, it left me a little disappointed that they didn't animate the great storyline they have.
Jun 18, 2013 10:10 PM

Aug 2012
Sourire said:
Holybaptiser said:
gamer2710 said:
ah! the yearly updates of Berserk.. gotta love them.
So that's what you meant. Holybaptiser, why didn't you just say so instead of dragging it on? But I digress.

The anime needs a fucking reboot. A movie, perhaps? OVA?
Jun 18, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
As you guys can see from my avatar and signature....I'm a HUGE R+V fan.

OP....Go read the manga right now!

It is vastly superior to the anime and has a great story which the anime unfortunately decided not to follow.

As for the anime....I saw it back when it was airing....it was actually the first ever romance comedy I saw as an anime fan.

I liked it, but I have to admit when I read the manga, it left me a little disappointed that they didn't animate the great storyline they have.

Ive always wondered if that was Moka tbh, or if it was some other pink haired green eyed girl (Like Lala from To Love-Ru) xP
Jun 18, 2013 10:16 PM

Jun 2008
KAIOKEN1113 said:
Ive always wondered if that was Moka tbh, or if it was some other pink haired green eyed girl (Like Lala from To Love-Ru) xP

Yeah, that's definitely Moka, who I consider the greatest character in the anime/manga world IMO....

LOL, obviously I'm probably unique to that opinion, but she is hands down my all time favorite, for numerous reasons.
Jun 18, 2013 11:59 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread moved.
Jun 19, 2013 12:21 AM

Dec 2012
JustALEX said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:

Yeah, that's definitely Moka, who I consider the greatest character in the anime/manga world IMO....

Wow low standards are low..

OnT: Because the anime is just ecchi with no plot but tbh the manga is not special at all there is some action but meh it's still pretty mediocre.
Jun 19, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
^ How much of it have you read? Neither of them are on your list.
Jun 19, 2013 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
The second season about 23 chapters then I got bored. I asked if any actual romance was gonna happen after that and the answer was no, so all the more reason to stop. I didn't feel like adding it but I will probably give it a 6 if I do.
Jul 29, 2013 8:19 AM

May 2013
Red_Keys said:

Also, this:

Haha, the also this was pretty unexpected for me, Tsukune goes from a wuss to being a badass, whut?
Aug 4, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2010
Because the manga isn't some shitty, fanservice rom/com, with absolutely no plot whatsoever.

Sure the manga may start off similar, but it progressively gets more serious, and much, much darker in Season 2.

antonnAug 4, 2013 1:30 PM
Nov 27, 2013 5:32 PM
Jul 2013
antonn said:
Because the manga isn't some shitty, fanservice rom/com, with absolutely no plot whatsoever.

Sure the manga may start off similar, but it progressively gets more serious, and much, much darker in Season 2.

As you can see I retracted my earlier statement. I do like the manga better than the anime because now that I've actually read the entire thing, I can see that 1) the anime JUST BARELY follows the manga and 2) the mangas characters are much more developed
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Trineas - Mar 27, 2008

144 by notorietyfour »»
Apr 13, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

101 by notorietyfour »»
Apr 13, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

141 by Mortimm »»
Apr 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 31, 2008

60 by thegirlmystic »»
Mar 31, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimusNathan - Mar 8, 2008

79 by R6exR6 »»
Feb 12, 5:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.