Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 23, 2013 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
>Dat X-mas party...

>Dat Drunk Rikka...

>Dat Nibrotani scheming...

>DAT YURI KISS!!!

HOLY SHIT WHAT AN OVA!

Best one I've seen in a long time.

8/10.

Season 2 FUCKING WHERE?!?!
Jun 23, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
JustALEX said:
>Dat X-mas party...

>Dat Drunk Rikka...

>Dat Nibrotani scheming...

>DAT YURI KISS!!!

HOLY SHIT WHAT AN OVA!

Best one I've seen in a long time.

8/10.

Season 2 FUCKING WHERE?!?!

Next year
Jun 23, 2013 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
now I really want to see the next season.
Jun 24, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
Don't you want to see what happens to Molly Summer and Dekomori after this episode?

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 24, 2013 2:33 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, Dekomori's family is wealthy! I loved the drunk argument they had.

This episode was great and the art (especially on the boat) was beautiful. Dat Dekomori/Nibutani kiss! :D

Jun 24, 2013 2:38 AM

Nov 2012
Nice 13th episode...but why the off-season theme I wonder? lol

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 24, 2013 4:13 AM

Nov 2011
diyedas said:
PreFuturism-0 said:
AO968 said:
And there's a reason why Rikka is still like this, but if you didn't watch the first season properly, you won't know that.

I thought that at the end of series 1 Rikka and Dekomori had accepted reality and were beginning to cope with it. But in this episode it seemed like they had undone and forgotten all the progress they had made: for instance Dekomori reverting back to her previous haircut. Obviously it's going to be hard to fundamentally change themselves which is what's required if they are to overcome their syndrome, but for the sake of plot they should've moved on a bit and this is what's probably frustrating a few viewers: not the romance aspect.

-sighs- That's not how it went at all. In the finale they did accept reality, but they realized that they didn't need to stop being a chuunibyou to do it. It's part of they're personalities and seem to have fun acting like that so they've stuck with it.

That was only faintly implied though--I actually interpreted the ending as that but it was so vague I forgot about it. It really does seem that Rikka and Dekomori have regressed: other indicators are Makoto saying that "nothing has changed" at the beginning of the episode, and Dekomori being surprised and at a loss as to why Shinka is being more civilised towards her even though she was like that already in the last couple of episodes.

I'm not really bothered by this inconsistency, it just riled me that a few people were too attacking of people's complaints of this episode. If this was an anime-only story then I can understand that the production team would be careful to not tamper with the plot in the second novel (albeit overly so here as they already know what they have to work with unlike with ongoing series) that's going to be adapted anyway.
Jun 24, 2013 7:01 AM

Feb 2012
Shit. Nibutani Shinka. You made me fall in love on you all over again. Damn. You're irresistibly cute, beautiful and hot in this episode. You definitely outshone almost half of the characters except Yuuta i guess but did a great job making rikka almost a side character in my point of view. Wow, You were the spotlight of this episode. I was hoping for this moment to be shown for a long time already and it happened so i am really happy right now. I didn't expect it though.

So, Nibutani and Dekomori is a Legit/official Yuri Pairing Now eh?

Well, that's good to hear but i think Nibutani is better off with Dekomori and on with Yuuta <3

Btw, I have this feeling that Nibutani does have some "affections/feelings" over yuuta. I dunno, It's just my speculation. The reason for thinking over that is while i was watching this episode, specifically at the part where Nibutani and Rikka was talking about Yuuta/Boys Feelings or whatever you call it, Nibutani mumbled "me too" and was feeling sad or something. I think that her expression on that very moment has something to do with Yuuta and Rikka having a relationship. Well, That's Just my speculation though. I Hope It does come into existence. I want Nibutani for Yuuta and I want her to be the rival of Rikka. If ever this scenario will be animated, i would be very happy about it and it will surely make a roller coaster ride.

Well, This was the scene that i was talking about:

Note: I didn't read any source material pertaining/related to the the show so i'm very clueless about as to what's happening on the story.
Altaria-chanJun 24, 2013 7:07 AM
Jun 24, 2013 7:15 AM

Aug 2011
Oh god they tricked me. I did not expect that. But oh well, ship ship ship.
Jun 24, 2013 7:49 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, how I missed the epileptic opening of Chuu2.

Shinka, Rikka <3

Lol, Dekomori's house is a mansion. Too bad they didn't show her mom deeaaaaath.

That S-Presideko!

Drunk Rikka and Dekomori was so cute!

Shinka best girl.

KyoAni troll... I thought Yuuta and Rikka would kiss. I remember KyoAni trolling at the last episode of Hyouka. Same feeling, damn.

Well, that Shina x Dekomori kiss wasn't bad hohoho.

Can't wait for season two!

Inside Identity <3
Jun 24, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2010
That Kiss at the end xD

Nice OVA
Jun 24, 2013 9:16 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
pizza_012 said:
So, Nibutani and Dekomori is a Legit/official Yuri Pairing Now eh?
Even though earlier I said I was sort of expecting something like that to happen, I myself am not ready to say it appears to be 'official', more like it seems those two are suddenly thinking "this is confusing, what am I really feeling about this?"

In the end, they could just realize they've become really close friends. It's obvious Dekomori, and there have been some hints Nibutani as well, both seem to be in need of emotional support right now.

pizza_012 said:
Nibutani mumbled "me too" and was feeling sad or something.
Standard Anime RomCom Procedures would strongly imply she was talking about Yuuta, but Nibutani has been fairly good at holding her cards close and to me there is just as much a chance she was referring to somebody else. Maybe Dekomori, maybe a third person. (and my personal preference for the story would be that she was referring to somebody other than Yuuta - would make for a nice 'change of pace')
Jun 24, 2013 10:08 AM

Jul 2012
I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Finally it's out! Great OVA.
Jun 24, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2008
So much hhnng DESS.
Jun 24, 2013 4:32 PM

Aug 2012
wailofthebanshee said:
I don't really remember, but wasn't Rikka supposedly cured of her autism at the end of the first season? Just goes to show that animes never really have any character progression.

Comparing a sort of psychological defense mechanism to a developmental disability? Dude you are a humongous douche.
Jun 24, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
wailofthebanshee said:
I don't really remember, but wasn't Rikka supposedly cured of her autism at the end of the first season? Just goes to show that animes never really have any character progression.

Comparing a sort of psychological defense mechanism to a developmental disability? Dude you are a humongous douche.

Thank you. These girls have control of their chuunibyou, and chose to have and follow through with them. Autistic kids cant, christ.
Jun 24, 2013 7:13 PM

Aug 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
wailofthebanshee said:

He's joking lol.
Jun 24, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:
AlexTheRiot said:
wailofthebanshee said:

Thank you. These girls have control of their chuunibyou, and chose to have and follow through with them. Autistic kids cant, christ.

lol god dammit, touche
destructo22 said:
]He's joking lol.

Well yeah of course, and I mean we all love fucked up jokes, but fucked up disability related jokes used so ineloquently are just tasteless.
Jun 25, 2013 12:13 AM

Nov 2008
First of all who does Nibutani like?! That is what I want to know.

I missed these crazy kids!

This would have been even better had it actually been released during Christmas time, not in the heat of summer.

I can't wait for the next season to start! I was really hoping for a kiss but I considering that there will be a continuation, I'm not that disappointed.

Shih said:
I don't understand the last thing Yuuta said. What does he mean by "By the way, human have not extinct before?"

And.... Why you must lie to me like that!!!

I was just like you!!
Jun 25, 2013 3:21 AM
Jul 2018

That was cute. :3
I smell Yuri between Nibutani & Dekomori. XD
Jun 25, 2013 3:41 AM

Feb 2012
ClementIV said:

Well, This was the exact same question that i was wondering about while i was watching this OVA but i forgot to include it on my post earlier so thanks for putting this matter up again. lol

I guess (this is just my speculation as i was saying on my post earlier) Nibutani DOES LIKE Yuuta to some extent. The question is "how much is that "extent" that i was referring to. There were at least some hints shown at the last quarter of the first season and of course, this OVA. I observed that she was holding back her feelings due to something/someone, I dunno what/who that is but i guess it has something to do with Yuuta and Rikka having a relationship. That's just my speculation, It may or may not happen at all but who knows??? Let's just wait for the second season to confirm this.
Jun 25, 2013 4:24 AM

May 2013
rederoin said:

I did not expect this.

^No one did. No one at all.

This was a nice episode for me.

Dekomori is freakin' rich. Dat house. Dat dress. Dat dog.

The outfits each wore was pretty nice, especially Rikka's! Oh, PE uniform, you'll never let us down.

The card game was intense. But what's more intense is the drunk fight scene in the land of candy.

Dat boat. Dat kiss.
I guess this anime supports yuri now.

Can't wait for Season 2!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 25, 2013 4:40 AM

Jul 2012
How i love this show. I can't wait for next season.
Jun 25, 2013 5:10 AM
Oct 2007
What a disappointment. Everything that happened at the end of the first season, just tossed in the garbage.
Jun 25, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
zeroryoko1974 said:
What a disappointment. Everything that happened at the end of the first season, just tossed in the garbage.

they accepted their 'chuuni' at the end of s1 since they realized that they didnt need to stop that to continue with life, they still have fun. the OVA continues from that.
rikka used to use it as a coping mechanism for her fathers death, now shes accepted that.
Jun 25, 2013 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
That wasnt the kissu i was expecting.
Jun 25, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2012
Amazingly cute and drunk Rikka plus a unexpected yuri kiss OMG this is awesome.
I really hopped that the kiss would happen between Rikka and Yuta but i guess we'll have to wait for the second season for it.
Am i the only one who was worried by the maybe ? anyway this was so godly and epic i love this series a lot and this is just giving me more reason to love it.
Jun 25, 2013 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
lol @ the kiss, good OVA I guess

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jun 25, 2013 7:30 PM

May 2011
It appears the chuunibyou appeal has worn off over time. I don't remember what I loved about this anime anymore.
Jun 26, 2013 6:06 AM
Jun 2011
Shih said:
I don't understand the last thing Yuuta said. What does he mean by "By the way, human have not extinct before?"

And.... Why you must lie to me like that!!!

I think what Yuuta said at the end refer to 22 Dec last year which was predicted to be the end of the world, and you already know that it was not.
Jun 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
OWWWWWWWWWW :))))

I loved this Episode, I loved Nibutani before, but now she's definetly the
best Character of the Show for me ;) Hope to see more Yuri Action in S2 :)

And Yuuta X Rikka, well you never know^^
And Kumin-senpai again very cute, and sleepy :D

I'm excited for S2 :)

Jun 26, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2013
pizza_012 said:
ClementIV said:

I guess (this is just my speculation as i was saying on my post earlier) Nibutani DOES LIKE Yuuta to some extent. The question is "how much is that "extent" that i was referring to. There were at least some hints shown at the last quarter of the first season and of course, this OVA. I observed that she was holding back her feelings due to something/someone, I dunno what/who that is but i guess it has something to do with Yuuta and Rikka having a relationship. That's just my speculation, It may or may not happen at all but who knows??? Let's just wait for the second season to confirm this.

My personal theory is that Nibutani is bi (and uke) while Dekomori is lesbi (and seme). So Nibutani is a bit attracted to Yuuta, but as someone has already pointed out, Yuuta is too beta to really push all of Nibutani's submisive buttons. Dekkomori is an exotic beauty (blonde AND smart) but ATM is also a brat to Nibutani, but in this OVA Dekomori displayed seme (dominant) qualities during the card game and that is why Nibutani couldn't resist to catch Dekomoris lips with her own when she saw the chance and there was these long pause until Dekomori realized what felt so good was a kiss by Nibutani.

So the real question is, what will be the next step between these two, tongue or violent fondling? >: )
Jun 26, 2013 8:25 PM
Aug 2011
love it love it love it
kyoani slaying the competition

wailofthebanshee said:

autism
animes
you need to check yourself
Jun 27, 2013 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Love this special episode =)

Can't wait for season 2 >.<
Jun 27, 2013 5:19 PM

Jul 2011
The sequel will be a Movie or a TV series?
Jun 28, 2013 12:44 AM

May 2012
Wow what an epic special and I didn't' even know that it was suppose to come out.
Jun 28, 2013 11:24 AM
Jun 2012
ainky said:
The sequel will be a Movie or a TV series?

TV series. Season 2 of Chunnibyou.
Jun 28, 2013 12:57 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode which reminded me why I fell in love with the first half Chu2Koi (before it went into bad drama territory).

But I can't say I want a second season. The story is over. Finished.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 28, 2013 3:20 PM

Jan 2008
I'm shipping Nibutani x Dekomori with all my heart.
Jun 29, 2013 8:54 AM

Aug 2008
Seriously, Yuuta is the cutest one in this series!
Jun 30, 2013 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
And a new flag has been raised. :D

Cannot wait for season 2!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2013 12:48 AM

Mar 2013
omg its so cuteee <3
can't wait for the season 2. *///////*
Jul 1, 2013 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
haha, nice OVA xD
Jul 2, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2010
Shinka x Dekomori <3 A new flag

It was fun to watch .

I can't wait for S2
Jul 4, 2013 7:15 AM

May 2013
Great OVA, definitely cannot wait for season 2.

I found dekomori to be a tad bit annoying in the 'actual' series but she was pretty funny here.
Jul 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Jun 2012
So comedic and casual, very enjoyable! ^^

Kind of strange that an episode set around Christmas airs in the middle of summer.

Jul 8, 2013 7:28 PM

May 2012
Amazing!

Glad to see all the hints dropped during season 1 have finally formed into something real~

I was hoping for DekoTani for a long time!

Lots of cute RikkaxYuuta scenes too!

Poor Isshiki...xD

So....does that mean that Nibutani and Dekomori kissed before anyone else in the show?

I still can't believe I saw that on a Kyo-Ani show.
Jul 11, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Not Bad... Not Bad....
Not much to say really. Was alright I guess..

I'm hoping next season has more Romance.
Jul 14, 2013 7:58 PM

Jul 2008
yes Dekomori x Nibutani kiss <3
already shipped it so this was a nice treat for me xD
and watching this episode reminded me how much i like this show i'm excited for the 2nd season :)
Jul 16, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2010
+
DekomorixNibutani kissu
Dekomori Christmas tree cosplay
-
No Touka.

A pretty okayish episode. 6/10
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Where can I watch this?

Its_Gyro_Yo - Jan 18, 2022

5 by Roderick24_ »»
Jan 18, 2022 8:33 AM

» Is Nibrotani the best &quot;Wingman&quot; in anime history?

--ALEX-- - Jun 23, 2013

14 by ibraheem234 »»
Feb 24, 2016 5:02 AM

» Preview!

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

26 by vampko »»
Jul 9, 2013 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.