Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2013 11:26 PM
Jan 2009
yuri for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

desu!
Jun 22, 2013 11:48 PM

Dec 2010
I loved this episode!!!
Can't wait for season 2 ~~~~
Ninjutsu~
Jun 23, 2013 12:18 AM

Jul 2009
oh gawd. Rikka.
Jun 23, 2013 12:18 AM
Jun 2013
Oh, how I love this show. IT'S SOMETHING NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND. I JUST.. I JUST LOVE IT, and I LOVE RIKKA GWAHSDIHFKHSDKLHLSDHFKL

TEASING ME AND ISH THIS EP. OI, OH WHALEZ. SEASON 2 OMFG CAN'T WAIT. MY BELOVED SHOW WILL RETURN.
Jun 23, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2012
rederoin said:

I did not expect this.

i actually expect there's gonna be yuri in this special but didn't expect theres a kiss :D
cant wait for 2nd season to see more nibutani.

Jun 23, 2013 1:13 AM

Sep 2012
I was expecting a kiss, but not this one.
Jun 23, 2013 1:19 AM

Sep 2012
Wordsmith said:
KingYoshi said:
How can everyone be so happy about this episode and season 2? This showed exactly why I hoped there wouldn't be a season 2. Yuuta and Rikka have such an awesome relationship build up and finale in the first season. Now, "nothing has changed between me and Rikka," it was mentioned and displayed several times in this episode. What a load of shit. Just throw out the first season completely and start over with the relationship. The first season was one of my favorite shows ever and now they are going to ruin it with a shitty "restart" second season. Pointless relationship regression. If they actually acted like they should be acting, based on the end of season 1, it'd be fine. I knew this was going to happen.
What are you talking about? THey aren't in a fast "I love you now drop your panties" relationship. So ofc it takes them longer. And "restart" second season? Where did you hear that BS? You gotta lay off the rage juice, man.
If this guy KingYoshi commented subtle development of the relationship as merely "throwaway of first season" and "load of shit", I bet he knows little about shoujo or shounen romance story in manga where relationship seldom jumps leaps and bounds but usually gradually and uncertainly. Such ignorance is just dumbfounding.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 23, 2013 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
i love this episode ~

why not rikka x yuuta kissing? xD
Jun 23, 2013 3:02 AM

May 2010
Lol, Tsukiko got drunk and now, Riika and Dekomori. Co-incidence?
Jun 23, 2013 3:16 AM

Dec 2008
Very funny episode. Can't wait for the second season!

hamdii93 said:
i love this episode ~

why not rikka x yuuta kissing? xD

Well, if they kissed now why bother with second season? ;)
Jun 23, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2007
Typical KyoAni progression of a couple ... sigh ...

Jun 23, 2013 3:58 AM

Feb 2011
Cutest OVA EVER
sakaJun 23, 2013 4:15 PM
Jun 23, 2013 5:18 AM

May 2013
that yuri flag
now waiting for season 2
Jun 23, 2013 5:23 AM
Jan 2010
I don't really remember, but wasn't Rikka supposedly cured of her autism at the end of the first season? Just goes to show that animes never really have any character progression.
Jun 23, 2013 5:24 AM

Sep 2008
THAT KISS!
I can't stop laughing!
Who expected this?!
I totally thought this is RkkaxYuuta,
anime staff-san what a troll! xD

Rikka was so cute!
Makoto, I cheer you! good luck!

Great OVA want more!
Jun 23, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2010
wailofthebanshee said:
I don't really remember, but wasn't Rikka supposedly cured of her autism at the end of the first season? Just goes to show that animes never really have any character progression.

I take it you didn't watch Season 1 then? Perhaps you should do that before coming here.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 23, 2013 6:37 AM

Dec 2011

Yui and Kyon? What are you doing?
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Jun 23, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2011
Papde said:

LOL. They were like "AWWWW. Look at those guys who are desperately waiting for the continuation of our respective series..."
Jun 23, 2013 7:53 AM

Apr 2012
Ovyda said:
Well we've finally got a kiss scene, just not the one we expected and hoped for :D
Yet they teased us quite good with that falling scene of Rikka and Yuuta catching her combinded with that smooch sound. >_>"
Really looking forward for S2.. :)
Jun 23, 2013 8:23 AM

Oct 2012
rederoin said:

I did not expect this.
Didn't we all? lol.

Jun 23, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2008
Papde said:

Oh... My! Stop it!
*crying*
Jun 23, 2013 8:44 AM

May 2011
This episode was full of cuteness, hilarity and trolling... and I loved all of it. <3 Made me even more hyped for season 2. :D
Jun 23, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2009
wailofthebanshee said:

She has 8th-grader syndrome, not autism. That's not the same thing.

And there's a reason why Rikka is still like this, but if you didn't watch the first season properly, you won't know that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
goes back to what made the first half of S1 good. and kyoani just shows yet again why they are the best animation studio, amazingly well animated, shits all over any other recently aired anime.

first thing that came to mind, since i watched this straight after the laughably bad ep 12 of SNK was 'wow, its actually got ANIMATION

hopefully S2 sticks to this formula, its not kyoanis best show, but its quite enjoyable, and tbh, its better than pretty much all of the shit currently airing.
Jun 23, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2010
Shih said:
I don't understand the last thing Yuuta said. What does he mean by "By the way, human have not extinct before?"

And.... Why you must lie to me like that!!!

I thought they gonna do it but oh well doesn't matter I think will do it someday
Jun 23, 2013 9:24 AM

Oct 2012
wailofthebanshee said:

Autism..? You make me laugh. In case you didn't know, there were 12 episodes prior to this special. Just thought I'd let you know ^_^

Jun 23, 2013 10:32 AM
Mar 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Cutest OVA EVER,

MAI KOKORO
sakaJun 23, 2013 4:15 PM
Jun 23, 2013 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Aww that was pretty cute :) tee hee a drunk Rikka
Jun 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
So Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

OMG Three headed dog.

Would have never guessed Dekamori is rich

Kumin wearing that Santa outfit hnnnnngg

Dat Card game

Dat battle. Wished to see Dark Flame Master powers. Maybe in Season 2

Aww Yuuta x Rikka. Almost kissed ; 0 Dat pinky touch and smile XD

Nibutani x Dekamori kissed instead 0/////0

Let's go Season 2 Yay!!!
Jun 23, 2013 1:29 PM

May 2012
Pretty funny special episode of the show, they sure took every aspect of the parent story in this one to remind everyone how lovely the actual series is! I really liked the ending :D

A great xmas story, released middle in the summer :p
Jun 23, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2011
AO968 said:
And there's a reason why Rikka is still like this, but if you didn't watch the first season properly, you won't know that.

I thought that at the end of series 1 Rikka and Dekomori had accepted reality and were beginning to cope with it. But in this episode it seemed like they had undone and forgotten all the progress they had made: for instance Dekomori reverting back to her previous haircut. Obviously it's going to be hard to fundamentally change themselves which is what's required if they are to overcome their syndrome, but for the sake of plot they should've moved on a bit and this is what's probably frustrating a few viewers: not the romance aspect.
Jun 23, 2013 4:20 PM

Dec 2012
OMG, using four 3's to kill four 4's HAHA.
Wasn't expecting a kiss here, considering this is KyoAni. Specially not THAT kiss. lol

Nice special!
Jun 23, 2013 5:01 PM

Jan 2010
PreFuturism-0 said:
AO968 said:

I thought that at the end of series 1 Rikka and Dekomori had accepted reality and were beginning to cope with it. But in this episode it seemed like they had undone and forgotten all the progress they had made: for instance Dekomori reverting back to her previous haircut. Obviously it's going to be hard to fundamentally change themselves which is what's required if they are to overcome their syndrome, but for the sake of plot they should've moved on a bit and this is what's probably frustrating a few viewers: not the romance aspect.

-sighs- That's not how it went at all. In the finale they did accept reality, but they realized that they didn't need to stop being a chuunibyou to do it. It's part of they're personalities and seem to have fun acting like that so they've stuck with it.

It sure as heck isn't frustrating me. It's one of my favorite parts of the series. It wouldn't be Chunnibyou without any Chuunibyous.

Anyways, great great special. I missed this show. Forgot how much it can make me laugh.

I've kinda liked the idea of a Isshiki/Nibutani ship, but I gotta admit I approve highly of the yuri ship as well. That kiss was hilarious. XDD
diyedasJun 23, 2013 5:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2013 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode, glad I got to see the whole gang again. :3
Oh, and Sanae and Nibutani~! LOL!!! Did not expect that~! > W<

Umm....other than that, can't wait for the next season~! . w.
Jun 23, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
Holy, this episode had everything. It was adorable, hilarious, had sweet as all hell romance, a beautiful soundtrack, it was just great.

Dekomori is best girl.

Always.

Hoping for more Makoto in the second season too. Hell this episode is enough for me to remove Kumin from my least favorites.
Jun 23, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
Shinka was way too cute this episode.
Shinka x Dekomori <3
Jun 23, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2013
nice ova love it
10/10 for me
been waiting for this
it is not very funny though :(
but i did laughed at the kiss scene
Jun 23, 2013 7:06 PM

Jan 2012
LMAO I loved that scene where Nibutani and Dekomori and Deko saying Nibutani was looking at her in a perverted way.
Jun 23, 2013 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
lol funny anime as always
Jun 23, 2013 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
>Dat X-mas party...

>Dat Drunk Rikka...

>Dat Nibrotani scheming...

>DAT YURI KISS!!!

HOLY SHIT WHAT AN OVA!

Best one I've seen in a long time.

8/10.

Season 2 FUCKING WHERE?!?!
Jun 23, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
JustALEX said:
>Dat X-mas party...

>Dat Drunk Rikka...

>Dat Nibrotani scheming...

>DAT YURI KISS!!!

HOLY SHIT WHAT AN OVA!

Best one I've seen in a long time.

8/10.

Season 2 FUCKING WHERE?!?!

Next year
Jun 23, 2013 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
now I really want to see the next season.
Jun 24, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
Don't you want to see what happens to Molly Summer and Dekomori after this episode?

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 24, 2013 2:33 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, Dekomori's family is wealthy! I loved the drunk argument they had.

This episode was great and the art (especially on the boat) was beautiful. Dat Dekomori/Nibutani kiss! :D

Jun 24, 2013 2:38 AM

Nov 2012
Nice 13th episode...but why the off-season theme I wonder? lol

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 24, 2013 4:13 AM

Nov 2011
diyedas said:
PreFuturism-0 said:
AO968 said:

-sighs- That's not how it went at all. In the finale they did accept reality, but they realized that they didn't need to stop being a chuunibyou to do it. It's part of they're personalities and seem to have fun acting like that so they've stuck with it.

That was only faintly implied though--I actually interpreted the ending as that but it was so vague I forgot about it. It really does seem that Rikka and Dekomori have regressed: other indicators are Makoto saying that "nothing has changed" at the beginning of the episode, and Dekomori being surprised and at a loss as to why Shinka is being more civilised towards her even though she was like that already in the last couple of episodes.

I'm not really bothered by this inconsistency, it just riled me that a few people were too attacking of people's complaints of this episode. If this was an anime-only story then I can understand that the production team would be careful to not tamper with the plot in the second novel (albeit overly so here as they already know what they have to work with unlike with ongoing series) that's going to be adapted anyway.
Jun 24, 2013 7:01 AM

Feb 2012
Shit. Nibutani Shinka. You made me fall in love on you all over again. Damn. You're irresistibly cute, beautiful and hot in this episode. You definitely outshone almost half of the characters except Yuuta i guess but did a great job making rikka almost a side character in my point of view. Wow, You were the spotlight of this episode. I was hoping for this moment to be shown for a long time already and it happened so i am really happy right now. I didn't expect it though.

So, Nibutani and Dekomori is a Legit/official Yuri Pairing Now eh?

Well, that's good to hear but i think Nibutani is better off with Dekomori and on with Yuuta <3

Btw, I have this feeling that Nibutani does have some "affections/feelings" over yuuta. I dunno, It's just my speculation. The reason for thinking over that is while i was watching this episode, specifically at the part where Nibutani and Rikka was talking about Yuuta/Boys Feelings or whatever you call it, Nibutani mumbled "me too" and was feeling sad or something. I think that her expression on that very moment has something to do with Yuuta and Rikka having a relationship. Well, That's Just my speculation though. I Hope It does come into existence. I want Nibutani for Yuuta and I want her to be the rival of Rikka. If ever this scenario will be animated, i would be very happy about it and it will surely make a roller coaster ride.

Well, This was the scene that i was talking about:

Note: I didn't read any source material pertaining/related to the the show so i'm very clueless about as to what's happening on the story.
Altaria-chanJun 24, 2013 7:07 AM
Jun 24, 2013 7:15 AM

Aug 2011
Oh god they tricked me. I did not expect that. But oh well, ship ship ship.
Jun 24, 2013 7:49 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, how I missed the epileptic opening of Chuu2.

Shinka, Rikka <3

Lol, Dekomori's house is a mansion. Too bad they didn't show her mom deeaaaaath.

That S-Presideko!

Drunk Rikka and Dekomori was so cute!

Shinka best girl.

KyoAni troll... I thought Yuuta and Rikka would kiss. I remember KyoAni trolling at the last episode of Hyouka. Same feeling, damn.

Well, that Shina x Dekomori kiss wasn't bad hohoho.

Can't wait for season two!

Inside Identity <3
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Where can I watch this?

Its_Gyro_Yo - Jan 18, 2022

5 by Roderick24_ »»
Jan 18, 2022 8:33 AM

» Is Nibrotani the best &quot;Wingman&quot; in anime history?

--ALEX-- - Jun 23, 2013

15 by Geeljire »»
Jan 3, 2022 1:33 PM

» Preview!

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

26 by vampko »»
Jul 9, 2013 7:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.