MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Manga Fox: Viruses?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Manga Fox: Viruses?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
01-26-09, 7:15 AM

Wow I thought this topic was dead. If anyone needs malware remover go to malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It's a free program which is constantly updated to fight the latest malware. I had the worst night yesterday, both my computers got Spyware Protect 2009 Malware. The program's only 5mb or something and it worked great. Remember this program is free, there is a pay version but the non-paying customers still get the same malware signatures, you just don't get active protection and etc.
For all those who don't have a solid malware remover and detector, at least try malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, give a quick scan, and you can choose to delete it afterwards.

01-31-09, 9:22 PM

Mouser888 said:
Wow I thought this topic was dead. If anyone needs malware remover go to malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It's a free program which is constantly updated to fight the latest malware. I had the worst night yesterday, both my computers got Spyware Protect 2009 Malware. The program's only 5mb or something and it worked great. Remember this program is free, there is a pay version but the non-paying customers still get the same malware signatures, you just don't get active protection and etc.
For all those who don't have a solid malware remover and detector, at least try malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, give a quick scan, and you can choose to delete it afterwards.

Yes, this is the best program to remove otherwise impossible to remove maleware such as fakealert and vundo which I got from mangafox.

01-31-09, 10:33 PM

manga fox is legit and win

01-31-09, 10:38 PM

I haven't gotten any, but in the last couple of days there were some redirect attempts, and I ran a number of scans and tweaks, changed my configurations and it stopped happening.

The ads can be stopped if you change your privacy settings I've found. They don't show up at all for me and the pages load super fast, although they were never slow for me before.

03-20-09, 1:21 PM

I have the same problem. I think I'm going to have to act like Manga Fox doesn't exist, which is really depressing :(
I reformatted my pc and everything, but the second I got back on their site, it started up again. So terrible. It's actually kind of scary how it sends you popup alerts that look legit.. but are scams!

03-21-09, 10:47 PM

idk about everyone else but i used mangafox for about 5months and in the beggining it was fine and usual but later on when i used mangafox i started getting signs from my computer saying that mangafox was a harmful website but i ignored it... next day did a virus scan and found i had 8 trojans on my computer. i think it depends on what comp ur using tho cuz i also go on mangafox on my vista comp. and i haven't got a virus yet. Oh and if u do get a virus just re-format ur whole comp. i did it and its all clean again =]

04-19-09, 12:21 AM

I have had my favorite computer shut down because of it. A great manga site but it is a serious virus colony! At first your computer blocks it but after a while it gets in 31 or more viruses. SERIOSLY DO NOT GO THERE!

04-19-09, 1:04 AM

Woah, I had no clue, I consider my self mildly informed when it comes to computers, I had no clue that mangafox did that.

I would use it casually every once and a while, and every once and a while my spyware scanner would pick up on some random trojan. I kept scratching my head wondering what I had been on to cause these rare little attacks. Now I know and I will stay away from that site from now on.

04-19-09, 11:14 PM

I've had the same issue lately. Like everyone said it just has to be IE thats catching the viruses. I'll use Firefox to read now.

04-20-09, 2:17 PM

It happened to me me once back in January. I think it just comes from the ads on there.

04-20-09, 2:50 PM

I've had my spyware blaster and spybot block/fix those issues on mine.. I don't get anything at all from Mangafox.

04-21-09, 8:54 PM

I haven't had any problems with mangafox. Like others though I use firefox.

04-21-09, 8:58 PM

I got a virus there a few weeks ago, and I was browsing it through Firefox. I'm having a lot of problems getting rid of the virus, but it doesn't seem to be doing much to my computer thanks to my having disabled it. Still, it's really annoying. I don't visit that site anymore. I only really use onemanga right now.

04-22-09, 5:17 AM

Step one: Get firefox

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Step two: Get the NoScript addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

With this combo, pages will load much faster on mangafox, and as an added bonus, NoScript blocks any malicious scripts (redirects, virus downloads, etc). It's really a one-two punch to most internet problems, and it's lightweight and will not tax your system resources like running a malware blocker all the time would.

04-22-09, 10:35 AM

Mouser888 said:
Tried it. Didn't actually work. It doesn't read the virus as being there, but I know the viruses' exact location and it's definitely there. I'm going to try deleting it manually once I finish classes, but until then I want to leave it alone. I don't want to risk wiping my computer until after all my homework has been handed in and I don't need it anymore.

11-23-09, 7:05 PM

This just confirmed my thoughts.
After getting through 4 volumes,
I get this pop-up, re-direct mess,
and on top of that it alerts that
I have viruses downloading into
my computer <_< uh-huh....
Ya see? very obviously, mangafox,
is the culprit! O: Also I had firefox
and pop up-blocker!

11-24-09, 11:37 AM

I just have regular Firefox and I have no problems with mangafox, I do get redirects rarely but all I have to do is just hit back or use my history. Sounds like you guys had viruses before hand or whatever.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

11-24-09, 5:26 PM

Got redirects, nothing else.

11-25-09, 7:41 AM

Do NOT read on manga fox! Two of my computers crashed because of that website.
Friends will bail you out of jail. Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

01-12-10, 4:45 AM

So it IS manga fox. Last week I got terrible virus, and all I had been on was Manga fox. I ended up having to reformat my entire computer. Tonight, the same thing happened again..and again I was on Manga Fox. It's a shame that's site so dangerous..it has stuff on there you can't find anywhere else!

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices