Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 17, 2013 7:56 AM
Jun 2013
I just finished watching this series after picking it up from when I dropped it at the Endless Eight part. I was wonder, who does Kyon love the most in the series. I mean He's always concern with Mikuru, but after the Movie, He also seems to have feeling for Yuki, and of course, ultimately he chose to live in a world with Haruhi. So really who do you think Kyon love ht most?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2013 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
The busty rabbit girl.
Jun 17, 2013 8:05 AM

Jun 2012
do you remember the line when he says he loves girls with ponytails

his sister
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Feb 24, 2014 6:43 PM
Mar 2012
I'd say that:

He is fond of Haruhi,
thinks Mikuru is really hot, but
loves Yuki (gradually fell in love)

I think this is clear by the end of this movie. Say he had to marry one, it would be her.
Feb 24, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
hes in love with haruhi he just doesnt want to admit it even to himself

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 25, 2014 10:33 AM
Jun 2012
He's in love with Haruhi. Says so in the novels (sort of). How anyone can watch Disappearance and not know he's in love with Haruhi will forever be a mystery to me.

-Arvis
Mar 7, 2014 8:31 PM

Jan 2013
whatever, we need season 3.
Mar 7, 2014 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
He lusts after Mikuru, but ultimately I think he's in love with Haruhi, he just doesn't realize it yet.

superseiyan said:
I'd say that:

He is fond of Haruhi,
thinks Mikuru is really hot, but
loves Yuki (gradually fell in love)

I think this is clear by the end of this movie. Say he had to marry one, it would be her.

If he loved Yuki,

Mar 13, 2014 10:10 AM

Dec 2010
Like many others, I think he loves Haruhi.
I like this. Subtle yet effective.
Mar 17, 2014 7:35 AM
Jun 2012
SunkenShip said:

You're gonna make me cry, man. T_T

-Arvis
Apr 24, 2014 1:33 AM

Sep 2013
I'd say he loves Haruhi, other than the obvious argument of him choosing to go back to the original "world" with Haruhi and the others, he also constantly thinks of her in the Disappearance movie (e.g. the part where he is walking on the street at night and wants to see her).

Though...
Aylaine said:

If he loved Yuki,

If Kyon was to love Nagato, it would've been the original one who shared all the experiences with him (and saved his ass like a million times).

Of course, these are just my baseless thoughts/opinions.
May 7, 2014 5:14 AM

Apr 2009
He loves Koizumi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2014 2:38 AM

Apr 2014
Hase0 said:
whatever, we need season 3.

Agreed.

ezaya said:
He loves Koizumi.

Agreed. XD (Just kidding, Haruhi all the way. Whether Koizumi loves him is a... Different matter... XD)
Jul 5, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
he's attracted to Mikuru
he cares for Yuki
he loves Haruhi
Jul 5, 2014 9:43 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was strongly implied that he was in love with Haruhi, but he was suppressing those feelings by telling himself that he loved Mikuru
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 7, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2010
blessofcurse said:
he's attracted to Mikuru
he cares for Yuki
he loves Haruhi
sounds about right to me
Jul 22, 2014 5:49 AM

Feb 2014
He loves Haruhi, he just doesn't want to admit it.
Oct 8, 2014 1:20 AM

Sep 2014
He only "loves" Haruhi because it keeps the world stable.
Oct 28, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
Pknoctis said:
blessofcurse said:
he's attracted to Mikuru
he cares for Yuki
he loves Haruhi
sounds about right to me

^

ezaya said:
He loves Koizumi.

actually, this. most accurate.
Nov 3, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
He love Haruhi Suzumiya. No doubt.
But they should at very least show us the scene of the party held by sos bridage before the movie ended.

Can't get enough of Mikuri with Santa outfit.
Nov 22, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2011
blessofcurse said:
he's attracted to Mikuru
he cares for Yuki
he loves Haruhi

Perfect answer
Nov 29, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2014
Idk. In the part where Kyon chose the original world, would mean that Yuki doesn't have to change, that Kyon accepts Yuki the way she is. And if he ever loves Yuki, it would still be selfish to choose the normal world because of her, I mean, yeah, there's Haruhi, Mikuru and Koizumi, but they're normal people. Kyon chose the abnormal life because it was fun, because he was happy being a SOS Brigade member, he chose it because nothing could replace what he has in the original world, he didn't choose it because he loves Haruhi although he panicked at the part where she was missing, but of course it was natural to feel that way. Kyon was used to Haruhi dragging him into her craziness everyday, what he felt for Haruhi was attachment, not love, there's a difference yo.

But if I were to choose, I'd want him to be with Yuki. Remember the scene on the rooftop of the hospital? Where Kyon gave Yuki his hoodie because it was starting to snow? noticed how gentle he was to her. And he even said that if ever the Integrated Data Entity try to take her away, he would use Haruhi to get her back *or something like revealing himself that he is John Smith to Haruhi and her abilities and that it's his trump card*

I still can't get over with Kyon's tenderness for Yuki. And how he thought of her feelings very well.
Nov 30, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2014
If I had to say it would definitely be Haruhi. He might think Mikuru is hot/cute or whatever, but it's never really a serious feeling I think.
Dec 4, 2014 6:16 AM
Jun 2012
He's using Mikuru as an excuse not to admit his feelings for Haruhi. How convenient that he crushes on the one person who he has 0% chance of having a relationship with, since she can't stay in that time period forever.

-Arvis
Dec 16, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
The feelings he has for Mikuru is just physical. I think Haruhi x Kyon would be a perfect match. From the movie we get to see Kyon has a huge thing for Haruhi. When she's gone he starts obsessing over her. Also Kyon is the only one who can say "No" to her and get away with it. The only problem is they're both very stubborn to the point that they won't accept that they have romantic feelings for each other.
H_ErifuDec 16, 2014 2:27 PM
Dec 22, 2014 8:41 AM
Jan 2012
Kyon loves Haruhi. It's clear and simple, but Kyon doesn't want to admit it.

Throughout the series, there are moments when Kyon finds it hard to admit that he really loves Haruhi (like in Endless Eight, when Koizumi proposes that he hugs and whisper "I love you" to Haruhi; Kyon's face is not shown but apparently is disturbed and displeased).

Kyon is attracted to Mikuru, and Haruhi is often jealous about that. Whether their relationship will continue as it is is a delicate matter; there are moments when Ms Mikuru the adult version from the future seem to show a slight sorrow about the fun times not going to last.

And there is Nagato. She is seemingly emotionless but actually not, if you take note of the light of her eyes at certain moments, often in the scenes related to Kyon. Kyon is quite compassionate about Nagato, and Nagato seems to take Kyon's suggestions seriously whereas she seems to be rather indifferent to Haruhi (which is interesting, as it's Haruhi that Nagato was made to monitor- originally the sole cause of her existence).
GohanwaOkazuDec 22, 2014 8:45 AM
Dec 23, 2014 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
His losing of mind when none could remember her
His hesitance to approach Haruhi in the alternate world
His desire to see Haruhi in her ponytail in the alternate world
His wanting to go back to the world he was basically a slave to Haruhi
His affectionate caress on her hair, on her lip and on her eye-lash in the hospital

I don't even need to mention the subtle moments in the series. The movie left us with more than enough hints.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 28, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2012
Makes me jealous.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite."(Steins;Gate)

Jan 13, 2015 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
blessofcurse said:
he's attracted to Mikuru
he cares for Yuki
he loves Haruhi
he's aroused by Koizumi

ftfy
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 9, 2015 1:03 PM
Jun 2012
Rice4Asians said:
Makes me jealous.

One of the best moments in the whole movie
Mar 21, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:

ezaya said:
He loves Koizumi.

actually, this. most accurate.

Jun 1, 2015 11:40 PM
May 2015
~Yeah i admit i love haruhi...
If you're scared, you might as well just cling to my arm.
Jan 16, 2016 6:09 PM

Nov 2014
Kyon_Smith said:
~Yeah i admit i love haruhi...
~Ayyyy lmaaoo bro

Jan 16, 2016 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
SunkenShip said:

So freaking cute. I immediately shipped KyonxHaruhi. XD I mean, you gotta.

Jan 16, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
I'd love to say yuki. But we all know it's haruhi.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 22, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2009
GohanwaOkazu said:
Kyon loves Haruhi. It's clear and simple, but Kyon doesn't want to admit it.

Throughout the series, there are moments when Kyon finds it hard to admit that he really loves Haruhi (like in Endless Eight, when Koizumi proposes that he hugs and whisper "I love you" to Haruhi; Kyon's face is not shown but apparently is disturbed and displeased).

Kyon is attracted to Mikuru, and Haruhi is often jealous about that. Whether their relationship will continue as it is is a delicate matter; there are moments when Ms Mikuru the adult version from the future seem to show a slight sorrow about the fun times not going to last.

And there is Nagato. She is seemingly emotionless but actually not, if you take note of the light of her eyes at certain moments, often in the scenes related to Kyon. Kyon is quite compassionate about Nagato, and Nagato seems to take Kyon's suggestions seriously whereas she seems to be rather indifferent to Haruhi (which is interesting, as it's Haruhi that Nagato was made to monitor- originally the sole cause of her existence).

Agreed. But Kyon will also reveal his true colors, when Sasaki's group appears.

Interestingly enough Haruhi cares for Yuki as Kyon does. I dare to say she cares about her even more. As is she subconciously knew how many times Yuki saved them. I hope we get to see this side of Haruhi in animated form too.
Feb 1, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
SunkenShip said:

This.

I can't believe this is actually a topic of discussion.

The Brigade members are aware of it as well. Koizomi straight up says so, and when she states that Haruhi and Kyon can't/shouldn't fight Asahina implies knowing Haruhi and Kyon will end up together.

waaaaht said:
Remember the scene on the rooftop of the hospital? Where Kyon gave Yuki his hoodie because it was starting to snow? noticed how gentle he was to her. And he even said that if ever the Integrated Data Entity try to take her away, he would use Haruhi to get her back *or something like revealing himself that he is John Smith to Haruhi and her abilities and that it's his trump card*

She also gave him his hoodie back in the rainy episode from season one. I think that is all to express Nagato's feelings towards Kyon though, and not the other way around. Kyon has been relying on Nagato, and finally recognizes her at the end of the movie. He cares for her but doesn't lover her like he loves Haruhi.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 24, 2016 2:57 AM
Jun 2016
I really detest your question
"Who does kyon love?"

Because you just instantly assume he is in love with someone. Does nobody accept that people can be completely content being alone, in the short or the long term. Not everybody has a writhing desire to be with someone at every waking moment.

In my opinion, he is content being the way he is, at least for the time being.
Oct 24, 2016 5:26 PM

Mar 2016
Tenderizer17 said:
"Who does kyon love?"

Because you just instantly assume he is in love with someone. Does nobody accept that people can be completely content being alone, in the short or the long term. Not everybody has a writhing desire to be with someone at every waking moment.

Basically this. I don't see why people have to think Kyon automatically loves someone when he hasn't really shown signs of doing so and personally, I have no idea why this movie is labelled as "romance". He's most likely to fall in love with Haruhi. but it certainly hasn't happened yet with them still being in high school.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 24, 2016 5:32 PM
Jan 2013

gone bai bai
Dec 8, 2016 8:53 PM

Oct 2016
He obviously has a special relationship with Yuki, but I do believe he's in love with Haruhi. He didn't want a world without her. Plus in the manga there's a point where he travels a few years into the future where he meets Haruhi in college and She and future Kyon are still really close.
Dec 8, 2016 9:27 PM

Oct 2014
I ship Kyon x Yuki. but,

May 18, 2017 2:34 AM
May 2017
blessofcurse said:
he's attracted to Mikuru
he cares for Yuki
he loves Haruhi

got that right, for me at least.
besides, there's also this chapter of the manga, around the last part
http://www.kissmanga.io/chapters/The-Melancholy-Of-Haruhi-Suzumiya-Ch-100.html
May 18, 2017 8:11 PM

Sep 2015
There's a very simple way to settle this debate:
Yuki, Mikuru and even Koizumi are created from parts of Haruhi that she keeps suppressed or to protect her from outside dangers, kind of like how Yasumi was created. So no matter who he falls for, in the end, they are all Haruhi. :)
Jun 3, 2017 12:02 PM

May 2017
He obviously loves Haruhi.
Monika-chanJun 3, 2017 1:45 PM
English is not my mother language.
Nov 19, 2019 7:03 AM
Nov 2018
Don’t know why, it seems like Mikuru and him have something going on in the future (maybe it was a one time thing between them that never lasted or something). But yeah, in terms of Highschool-Kyon (present Kyon) I’d definitely say he’s in love with Haruhi. (Atleast currently).
Nov 19, 2019 7:08 AM
Nov 2018
Aure0lin said:
Tenderizer17 said:
"Who does kyon love?"

Basically this. I don't see why people have to think Kyon automatically loves someone when he hasn't really shown signs of doing so and personally, I have no idea why this movie is labelled as "romance". He's most likely to fall in love with Haruhi. but it certainly hasn't happened yet with them still being in high school.
Aure0lin said:
Tenderizer17 said:
"Who does kyon love?"

Yeah, I tend to agree with that.
Nov 19, 2019 7:12 AM

Jan 2018
haruhi or yuki, everyone would make a choice eventually. I don't mind any, both were nice and that the show was weird enough I separated my brain from it to retain my sanity.
Dec 4, 2019 11:50 AM
Dec 2019
Here is the answer from volume 11:

"I didn't think about anything. Not about consequences, memories, or any kind of duty or sense of righteousness. I didn't need to. I just kicked off the window frame and jumped out in thin air, like I expected wings to sprout from my back. As though pushed by someone's invisible lifting force, I caught Haruhi in my arms just as she fell.
And then, naturally, pulled by gravity, we both fell.
Headfirst.
. . .
Of course, I didn't time for such introspection. The only thing I thought of was the faint notion of curling around Haruhi and putting myself between her and the ground to absorb some of impact."
Feb 19, 2020 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
Kyon means dog in Biblical Greek.

Haruhi is supposedly to be god in this series, the word god backwards is dog.

Kyon <3 Haruhi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

» This movie is Amazing

randomuser47 - Feb 26, 2023

19 by Recprocate »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.