Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Oct 31, 2013 5:38 AM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Questions... is Kugel actually alive in there? Could Chamber tell if he was? Or is he dead and just being video play for his Caliber?

Came to my mind as well.

Not surprised that they he (or Striker) wants to send him to Gargantia. I hope Ledo will soon realize that things are wrong and will fight back. I mean of course he will, but I hope it's sooner than later.
I also wonder why the pirate queen and her subordinates don't have the tattoo on their forehead.

I found the reason for choosing Pinion ridiculous. Oh, he can put a stick into a hole, he passed the test. WOW, he is like, such a pro :S
RazielZeroOct 31, 2013 4:06 PM
Nov 11, 2013 3:31 AM

Mar 2008
well.. this anime sure suceeds at making me feel angry and uncomfortable
fuck that religious cult, whenever I see something like that I feel like I just want them all to die instantly =__=
Apr 18, 2014 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
This got weird with that cult. Oh no! Are they gonna attack Gargantia?! What will happen to Amy!? Ledo what are you gonna do?!
May 16, 2014 3:55 PM

Jun 2011
Nano1124 said:
This got weird with that cult.

Yeah. Why is the whoever pirate back? Never liked her. She should have stayed away, I don't see how she is anymore relevant other than bringing her back just for the sake of it, unless they planned to reveal something we don't know yet about her later.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 21, 2014 1:29 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah I think Kugel is dead
it's just the robot in there well thats what I think
wonder if he's going to attack them I doubt it I think its going to come down to them 2 fighting
[/quote]
May 31, 2015 12:09 AM
Jun 2013
I dont know I wanted pinion to feel a little more bad for the dick he was an episode ago. Seems that was just brushed away. Also yea wouldint call this a happy society and it looks like shit is about to hit the fan with ledo having to make a choice.
Jul 3, 2015 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Rackage and her girls not having the mark can not be explained away that easily - both Pinion and Flange got rather forcefully marked within like 5 minutes of physically meeting those guys. Why whould they stay "novice" or whatever for days, weeks or even months?

Also about Striker acting independently: Chamber did go against a direct order of Ledo once, and we also know that the pilot does not necessarily have access to all things his "pilote support system" has, as Ledo hat to convince Chamber of the fact that he was the highest ranking officer around before Chamber allowed him access to the data from the facility. Who knows what else is hidden behind additional authorization or by simply not mentioning it to the pilots or both.

And seeing the overall technology level and what those pilot support systems *can* do, i do not really see it as in issue for the GA to create a full AI, or at least one sufficiently sophisticated that it can fool people.

Heck, even chat bots that only repeat what other people said can fool people, and the pilot support systems *are* capable of learniing, as Chamber basically just said - he made his own conclusion based on the fact.

And who's to say that while Kugel might be dead now, that he didn't give Striker specific orders regarding how to proceed? Maybe even prerecorded some videos, though both voice and image shouldn't be hard to produce for the pilot support systems, given years if not decades of samples in all kinds of situations. Heck, it simple has to cut up the image and voice recordings and mash them together, no actual producing involved.
Jan 29, 2016 6:05 PM
Nov 2015
Dick commander is a dick. I don't think he's dead, I just think he's a dick, but we shall see. Another really good episode, kind of love this series!
Mar 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, am interested in how this will play out.
Dec 21, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2013
A bit of a boring episode somehow, only some informations about Kugel basically. So he gets worshipped like a god and wants to expand his fleet. Looks like Ledo will fight on the side of Gargantia in the end though.
Sep 15, 2022 12:13 AM

Feb 2019
so the real baddie of this series has finally made its appearance lol
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Jan 2021
Well now I feel this is gonna get REAL dark
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.