Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2013 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
One of the most interesting reads with one of the worst endings ever.
Jun 19, 2013 3:05 PM

Feb 2013
What a shame. Still one of my favourite manga, but that was a bad ending. He gave up, we could all come up with something a lot better than that, but he gave up, didn't want to do anymore and that was it.
Jun 20, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2011
Great ride for this manga even if the destination was awful.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 20, 2013 10:15 AM

Jan 2008
R.I.P

Finally, it's over. This manga was dying really slow for some time now.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jun 20, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
This ending was so reminiscent to "Independence Day".

LOL, kill the aliens, save the Earth, get back to earth from their ship before everything goes to hell.

Once you arrive to earth, be embraced by your loved ones....

I want to be fair with my final impressions of GANTZ.

There was a point when I considered this manga to be very damn good and I actually had it at a 10/10...obviously that changed drastically due to the inconsistent plot holes, abandoning sub plots for no apparent reason, and giving us a pretty crappy ending arc.

Regardless, the majority of this manga was a THRILL to read and it had many great moments.

Final Score....7/10.
Jun 20, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2010
What did i just read ..? I never expected an ending like that.
Jun 20, 2013 7:12 PM
Jan 2012
I feel betrayed.
Jun 20, 2013 11:08 PM
Oct 2012
It's too bad, the manga's still easily one of my favorities but damn, this last arc was just not good. I'll remember it for the good times like the Buddha alien mission, the Oni alien mission and the Nurarihyon/Osaka mission.
Jun 21, 2013 2:21 AM

Jul 2011
Very cliche and rushed end, a real shame. Actually, I was enjoying this arc of the Apocalypse, there were some epic scenes for example the aliens invading the earth, the discovery of others "gantz", Kei climbing a skyscraper with bare hands, etc.

However, this will remain one of my favorite series of all time, I just feel sorry for the end otherwise I would have given a perfect score.

Thank you Hiroya for these unforgettable 13 years of publication! 9/10
ainkyJun 21, 2013 12:57 PM
Jun 22, 2013 5:18 AM

Feb 2010
one of the worst ending i can remember. Such a great series at one point but the last 2.5 year were just awful....
Jun 22, 2013 11:49 AM
Jun 2013
Seriously WTF was that shit? Just read the raw, just WTF that ending sucked.
Worst manga ending i have ever read, i have a lot of questions, like will katou get it together with
Anzu, is the nerdy virgin still alive(i hope) or what happened with kaze and mary,? Will they get together and raise takeshi together. Please oku remake the ending, i don't care if it takes a month please remake it .
Jun 22, 2013 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
3 years reading this and...wha..?

This is the one of the most rushed and empty endings i ever seen, I'm not so disappointed because i know there's a lot of people who read gantz since the start and of course they will feel betrayed now with this crap ending.
Jun 23, 2013 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
Shame about the ending, but I hope Oku creates another series. Because when Gantz was good, it was really good!
Jun 23, 2013 12:05 PM
Apr 2012
Wat was that?- say everyone who'll read this last chapter.
Kurono and Kato alive-ARE U KIDDING ME??!!!
Nothing about the story of vampires(just remember Kurono's brother-Akira) nothing about the journalist.

P.S In dorama the end of Gantz was much better than this shit =\
Jun 24, 2013 2:02 AM

Jan 2013
This last chapter...
Dafuq?
Anyway, this manga was a pretty damn good read, until the last arc with the final chapter....

Edit: Just read the translated scans...

Overall 7.5-8/10, but that's just me.
CabronJun 24, 2013 11:38 PM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 24, 2013 3:09 AM
Sep 2012
._.
...why...?
WHYYY? T__T
Wating for explanation, Hiroya Oku ¬¬
Jun 25, 2013 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
I've read Gantz for something like 8 - 10 years & I can't help but feel betrayed. I hate that this had to happen & wonder why. I use to freak out reading this shit... RIP Gantz. You deserved better.
Jun 25, 2013 12:23 AM
Jan 2013
Everything was great... except for this. This felt so cheap. After almost 400 chapters of great series this was the worst ending that could happen. Just "BANG" THE END.
Jun 25, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
FUCK
We need another chapter to explain how Joichiro Nishi and Sakurai Hiroto will inevitably be revived along with Reika and the rest...

How unconclusive.

But seriously, what a happy ending

How....

Love to see how negative a reaction this got.
40% of fans who've followed this Manga to the end just to rate the actual conclusion a 1/5.
Jun 25, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't think the ending was horrible, just the epitome of mediocrity.
It was just incredibly cliche and predictable (and resolved little, if anything).
While it was somewhat marred by this last arc, I still think the series, for me, deserves an 8/10 as a testimony to the quality of the earlier parts of the series.
Jun 25, 2013 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
Man, this ending was worse than I imagined.. Just one more volume could've fixed it, but no..
Jun 25, 2013 12:44 AM

Feb 2011
You thought this ending was bad? It was already dead. ATATATATATATA.....Not even Fist of the north star can save this one... It's a shame too, I was really hoping that Cage of Eden would be the only rushed disappointment I'd be getting for a while. =/
AkatsukiShinobiJun 25, 2013 12:48 AM
Jun 25, 2013 12:46 AM
Jan 2008
When did the other Kei die or did he just got forgotten?
Jun 25, 2013 12:47 AM

Jun 2012
AkatsukiShinobi said:
You thought this ending was bad? It was already dead. ATATATATATATA.....Not even Fist of the north star can save this one...

We got the reference the second you said "It was already"

No need to explain yourself :

PhoenixIce said:
When did the other Kei die or did he just got forgotten?

The other Kei died trying to attack the alien leader.

He literally blew up.

If anything, they forgot Nishi.
He wasn't even confirmed dead.
Jun 25, 2013 12:50 AM

Feb 2011
YorozuyaGinSan said:
AkatsukiShinobi said:
You thought this ending was bad? It was already dead. ATATATATATATA.....Not even Fist of the north star can save this one...

We got the reference the second you said "It was already"

No need to explain yourself :

Sometimes I forget I'm among friends here.
Jun 25, 2013 1:08 AM
Sep 2007
6/10 Bullshit ending with a bullshit happy ending, and how the hell did they get to the beach, bullshit upon bullshit. BULLSHIT BULLSHIT
Hi
Jun 25, 2013 1:10 AM

Nov 2009
Anyone expected something good after everything that happened in the last couple of arcs? The author clearly had no idea what to do with the story and every chapter was just a waste of pages and tried to drag the story as much as possible.

9/10 for the 1st half of the manga, 5/10 for the 2nd half. Overall 7 but +1 for the good old times, because i love his artstyle and actually never dropped in quality .

8/10 final score.
Jun 25, 2013 1:58 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't enjoy the ending, I felt the whole 'everyone who died in this arc gets revived' plot point was contrived (as was the entire beach scene, really) to force a happy ending, although I'd still give the manga a 9 simply because of the fond memories I have of the first 300~ chapters, as well as the bright spots in Katastrophe.
Jun 25, 2013 2:02 AM

Jan 2012
That was a really rushed and unsatisfying ending, like seriously, that could have been cut down to 5 pages in 382, but whatever. Gantz will go down as one of the greatest series I have read.
Jun 25, 2013 2:05 AM

Jan 2013
I'm feeling betrayed.
Jun 25, 2013 2:07 AM

Feb 2008
Not surprised by how disappointing this last chapter was, but it's a real shame since the manga in the early years was simply godly. But this last arc, and especially these last 30 or so chapters, was nothing but dragged out stuff that left a rather sour taste on my mouth.
Not sure if I'll keep my 9/10, or drop it to an 8.
Jun 25, 2013 2:11 AM

Jun 2011
gantz used to be my fav manga, now look at what they've done to it !!!!!
what a shitty final arc
Jun 25, 2013 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
This manga was SHIT long long time ago. I use to like up until the aliens from sky started to appear. The arcs before were great and the arc when Kei had to fight without his suit on the match (and won some awesome points) was awesome.

I first find out about this manga on Band of Hawks forum, guys who translated Bersern before and started to follow it but now I wish I skipped it.

Such a waste of time and ending is so rushed....
Jun 25, 2013 2:33 AM

Jun 2008
I felt empty after finishing reading it....... OTL.........Knew it was going to be a rushed ending but still QQ

Final score is 8/10. I sincerely love this series with all my heart despite the rushed ending.
EstherellaJun 25, 2013 2:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 2:34 AM

Jul 2012
Maaan that was bad. I'm disappointed, but meh what was i expecting from manga with big tits in latex suits.
Jun 25, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2012
very disappointing.
Jun 25, 2013 2:53 AM
Jun 2013
So, ending not morbid enough? Or...

I've read several ending suggestions, most of much worse than this. So, what kind of ending would you like? Add some constructive critique, and Voilá! We could even make a fan version ending!
All I say is, it cold have been much worse, and I challange you to try to come up with a "better" ending than Okus. (I'm really glad that Oku didn't try to "expalin" everything like we were 5 years old. Good endings are often short. That leaves the "rest" to the reader to decide what happened.)

P.s. Thank you Oku for your hard work! I've enjoyed your work really much!
Jun 25, 2013 3:00 AM
May 2013
That all? That the end? We all expect a happy ending like this but so many question are unanswerable...
Oku sensei can do better than that, in amv or into anime I think this last chapitre can be very incredible.
This manga is a classic even if the lastest arcs are average, you have to watch it for the atmosphere. I remember how Italie and Nurarihyon was great chapter =)
Jun 25, 2013 4:41 AM
Jul 2009
Man, looks like everyone hated the "Hollywood Michael Bay Happy Ending" lol, I'm not gonna complain, to me that Vampire arc was ridiculous. So what, they saved the world and everyone is happy. Kei is a freaking world hero. At least its not one of those complicated "open ended" or cop-out endings that everybody hates. Yeah I agree it felt rushed and had many holes but at least WE GOT AN ENDING.

Who knows, now that it's officially over, maybe another anime adaptation can be made and they could right the wrongs that many fans say this series had. But c'mon guys, yeah Gantz is all about the gore, misery, and people dying that normally wouldn't but oh well, it could have been worse. Kei lived, he's got his girl, it's over. But yeah, it was one big clusterfuck of a final arc lol
Jun 25, 2013 4:49 AM
Sep 2012
dakotadog said:
Well, that was a huge disappointment.
Here's to the unresolved plot points-

What the hell happened to Nishi?

What was up with the Vampires? Don't even get me started on how much shit was left out with the Vampires.

Also, we never really got a complete reason as to why Sebastian sent the Gantz technology to earth, I know that he said it was to re-establish order on earth, but that seriously wasn't developed upon.

Nishi's return seemed almost pointless in the end and we ended up getting an insulting, sappy, ridiculous ending full of obnoxious plot convenience. Gantz had a lot of really good ideas but the longer and longer the series dragged on, the more of those ideas got dropped by the wayside. Also Tae is a horrible, underdeveloped, mess of a character.

1. Nishi died. That much has already been confirmed. If he didn't die from the Giants ganging up on him, he died from the explosion.

2. The Vampires were seen a chapter or two back, in the same situation as the humans. More than likely they didn't get involved because they deemed it as humanitys war and not their own.

3. Again, God Aliens. If you don't understand why the Gantz tech was sent to Earth at this point...you obviously haven't been paying any attention
"I got a life in my grip, she holding tight to my wrist
She screaming: "Don't let me slip"
She see the tears in my eyes, I see the fear on her lips"
Jun 25, 2013 4:52 AM
Sep 2012
rheum said:
Some dumbass on another forum said:

-----
No closure. No explanations. No resolutions. No hilarious deaths of main characters. It looks like Hollywood's influence took over whatever shred of brains Oku had left.

Rating this series anything lower than a 6, however tempting it may be, would be a disservice to what it once was: a non-apologetic, satirical gorefest. One worthy of reading for the past 4 years.

6/10 - Fine

Uhh...he basically answered most of every question and filled up any plothole. Yall are taking this too damn serious.

If anything you should be taking points off because the ending was just a bit too much on the cliche side.
Jun 25, 2013 5:18 AM
Apr 2011
This manga needs an epilogue chapter.

I'm disappointed with the ending. It doesn't seem clean.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 25, 2013 5:27 AM
Feb 2012
Meh I expected something a little bit better than this considering it was the finale....well at least I think most the plot holes got tied up at least if I remember right.

Ending was too rushed and cliche but meh, I'll stilll give it a final rating of 7/10 since I have enjoyed the manga and its been a good read during the last 4 years, with disregards to the final arc.

saltncheese said:
This manga needs an epilogue chapter.

Agreed, hopefully we get one.
Jun 25, 2013 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
This was, literally, the worst ending in my entire history of reading manga. What. The. Fuck.
Jun 25, 2013 6:40 AM

Jul 2012
Well no real explanation to things just a normal terrible ending alls to say that was expected would have liked to see some other characters
Jun 25, 2013 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
Still a less rushed ending then Eden No Ori
Jun 25, 2013 7:38 AM
Jun 2010
Edalnas said:

I've read several ending suggestions, most of much worse than this. So, what kind of ending would you like? Add some constructive critique, and Voilá! We could even make a fan version ending!
All I say is, it cold have been much worse, and I challange you to try to come up with a "better" ending than Okus. (I'm really glad that Oku didn't try to "expalin" everything like we were 5 years old. Good endings are often short. That leaves the "rest" to the reader to decide what happened.)

Easy.

1. The Aliens want to steer the ship into the planet for revenge, to wipe out both races since their is no alternative planet for their race anyway. But the Alien woman Kei met helps him, they stop the aliens course for the planet in their controlroom. The alien woman initiates self destruct. The humans in suits flee with the ships, but a continious flow of Aliens try to re direct their ship onto earth, so someone has to stay behind and stop from doing that until it explodes.
And that person is Kei. He's sorry he can't keep his promise to his girlfriend on the camera, all of humanity see's how Kei gives his life to protect humanity, no, to protect the ones he loves.
The sky explodes in a huge and silent firework.
And then he becomes a legend of a hero with statues and shit.
And the girl was pregnant ofcourse.

2.OR The aliens had a beam that could shatter the whole Earth, and Kei stopped them from using that beam by destroying it and their hero. But then the aliens suicided their ship into the planet, and there was nothing Kei could do. He failed.A fraction of humanity survived.
He died and is later revived by still functioning underground gantz on the scourged empty surface of what once was Earth.
Millions of different aliens now swarm towards earth, since its easy to populate now, Kei and few others will be the immortal fighters that kill those bastards and try to find still functioning gantz balls etc.It turns out those who have been revived by gantz cant age.
He becomes the merciless monster killing the alien societies on future earth, instead of one of those that protects earth like before.
And maybe Gantz will have a new function.
Revive a loved one:1 million points.
LamarqJun 25, 2013 7:44 AM
Jun 25, 2013 7:47 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I didn't expect it to end so abruptly but I guess I'm fine with it, I'm sad we didn't get to see anything of the others anymore except on the last panel maybe but whatever
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Jun 25, 2013 8:17 AM
Sep 2012
Lamarq said:
Edalnas said:

Easy.

1. The Aliens want to steer the ship into the planet for revenge, to wipe out both races since their is no alternative planet for their race anyway. But the Alien woman Kei met helps him, they stop the aliens course for the planet in their controlroom. The alien woman initiates self destruct. The humans in suits flee with the ships, but a continious flow of Aliens try to re direct their ship onto earth, so someone has to stay behind and stop from doing that until it explodes.
And that person is Kei. He's sorry he can't keep his promise to his girlfriend on the camera, all of humanity see's how Kei gives his life to protect humanity, no, to protect the ones he loves.

2.OR The aliens had a beam that could shatter the whole Earth, and Kei stopped them from using that beam by destroying it and their hero. But then the aliens suicided their ship into the planet, and there was nothing Kei could do. He failed.A fraction of humanity survived.
He died and is later revived by still functioning underground gantz on the scourged empty surface of what once was Earth.
Millions of different aliens now swarm towards earth, since its easy to populate now, Kei and few others will be the immortal fighters that kill those bastards and try to find still functioning gantz balls etc.It turns out those who have been revived by gantz cant age.
He becomes the merciless monster killing the alien societies on future earth, instead of one of those that protects earth like before.

Yeah....

Except that the Alien woman has been dead for a long while now
Jun 25, 2013 8:31 AM

Jan 2011
8/10 overall, just because of everything until around the end of the Osaka arc.

Lamarq said:

Easy.

Sounds pretty good. I'd take number 2.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.