Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2009 4:46 PM
Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a really good episode I thought. I wonder why the Emperor is pretending to be dumb, and why was the poison in her cup? They seem to be getting closer to one another. I laugh every time the Emperor refers to himself in the 3rd person. His backstory is really sad, and is it just me or is he jealous of Seiran.
Jan 11, 2009 12:23 AM

Jun 2008
Me too I wonder why he would pretend to be dumb. I'm guessing there was poison in her cup because a) either Ryuuji planned it so she'd like him more or b) the man thought she wasn't fit to be at that spot since she's poor, but I could be very well wrong. xD I think he's definitely jealous of Seiran. Aww the bed scene with Shuurei and Ryuuji was sweet I like the development between the two. =D
HEY!
Mar 23, 2009 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
i saw some differences in this episode from the manga but it wasn't something that was too bugging. i wonder how Shuurei and Ryuuji will overcome this new obstacle.

May 4, 2010 2:05 PM

May 2010
This is really good anime. I love it! ;)
Mar 27, 2012 7:22 PM

Oct 2009
He's so totally jelous! So is he into her or just stringing her along? I think he does like her and is finding excuses to see her night after night :P
Jun 21, 2012 1:45 AM

Apr 2009
Midnightglow said:
He's so totally jelous! So is he into her or just stringing her along? I think he does like her and is finding excuses to see her night after night :P

I thought so too but why would he say he likes Seiran too? The hawk is still hiding his talons indeed!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 29, 2012 12:41 PM
Oct 2009
now I'm definitely sure Seiran is the second oldest brother that was supposed to be exiled. A lot of sweet moments in this episode. I like the easygoing pace but I if the emperor didn't plan on having himself look good by drinking the poison ( which I doubt was the case ) then I don't understand why he didn't say it out loud..
Dec 11, 2012 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
There was a moment that i was sure that Ryuuki Shi is pretending to be poisoned and is making up the story about his past.
He revealed being closed alone in dark chambers, that would explain why he is spending nights with entourage, and since he used to be so close with his brother -masculine entourage.
But also the story could be a great contrivance.

So now I'm not sure about anything.
Next episodes I'm going to look forward Kraft ;p If it's going to be Shuurei, I won't be dissapointed, but I won't like it a lot.
Aug 19, 2013 8:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
VampireOjouChan said:
now I'm definitely sure Seiran is the second oldest brother that was supposed to be exiled.

Hm I have my suspicions that that was the case, but I thought if Ryuuki really like his older brother, he would've been able to recognize Seiran at the least. Well I think they're brothers too just because they have the same last name on their profile lol.

I'm surprised that Ryuuki is just pretending to be stupid when he's actually really capable...what is his reason, I wonder? Not even that, he's very perceptive and realizes that he mustn't make a scene so he took the poisoned drink. What an interesting character! Still, he's kind of like a child because of the way he kind of gets babied by Shuurei, wanting to listen to her playing the erhu. And I'm kind of confused if he really likes men too? Like how he said he likes Seiran, and he likes Shuurei too.
Oct 9, 2013 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Such a cute episode he took the poison knowing it was so she didnt get poisoned I do miss this anime its good that i am rewatching it.
Mar 27, 2014 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
An amazingly beautiful episode :)
Apr 28, 2014 11:35 PM

Jul 2009
Another amazing and beautiful episode :)

Combination of funny, sad, and heart warming all in one episode ^^

i laughed out loud when the king invited Seiran in bed XD

So early in the morning! I have a feeling he knows Seiran from somewhere.

First time i saw Ryuuki being mad as hell, especially when he demanded Shuurei to call by his name. I even lol'd when he said why does Roses have thorns on them XD

Off all the people that would see both Shuurei and Ryuuki on the same bed. It's that little girl Kourin :P

He really wants all the attention of Shuurei to him huh?? XD

Someone tried to poison Shuurei??? but who? Are they jealous that she's gotten popular with the Ryuuki??

So he too had a dark past. I have a feeling Seiran is Seien! Both of them look alike tbh!

It's good to see her smile when he gave her a gift worth 3 roofs!!!

I also love that hidden subtle message the king did when he said the flowers to Ran Shuei and Li Kyou :)

He's really smart as hell!!

Shuurei only found out at the end that he's no dumb king :P

Love this episode!! Really enjoying it and very surprise how well the dynasty china setting is ^^
May 27, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Ooh so Seiran's the exiled prince (I think) :o Seiran doesn't swing that way but it was probably 10x more awkward for him when (assuming I'm right) his little brother invited him to bed XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 7, 2017 10:58 AM

May 2014
Omg... *___* This anime is so cute and fluffy it makes my heart melt.. <3
Mar 18, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2009
pfft. he totally wasn't joking,
and that really felt like a "let's have a threesome sometime"
_XD
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 23, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 2021
I have my suspicions that Seiran is the exiled brother I could be wrong
Mar 3, 4:38 AM
Apr 2021
i love it so far!!! tbh i'd watch this entire anime just for the OP, it's sooo nostalgic, reminds me of kanon's brand new breeze

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 33 Discussion

tofei - Jun 28, 2012

5 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 22, 7:47 AM

» Which other anime feature an official as the protagonist ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

1 by Amuvlet »»
Mar 5, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

CrackityJones - Oct 26, 2010

12 by korogoro »»
Jul 18, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 14, 2009

32 by savvyg »»
Feb 16, 2023 5:22 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 37 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 29, 2009

9 by Preachee »»
Feb 6, 2023 4:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.