Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2013 5:53 PM

May 2013
Can't believe it's over already.

By Yoshinon saying, "To be continued", I hope there will be another season.
Jun 16, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2013
Kurumi must be saved Shido u horrible not paying attention to rumi chan dont allow her to kill more people shes too beautiful to be a killerQQ
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 16, 2013 6:02 PM
Dec 2012
ShikiAshGrave said:
Kurumi must be saved Shido u horrible not paying attention to rumi chan dont allow her to kill more people shes too beautiful to be a killerQQ

Agree ! and Kotori is so cute ! poor Origami play the bad guy, her name is TOOBithchy any way lol
Jun 16, 2013 6:04 PM

Jun 2012
Fun little series but pretty generic in the grand scheme of things. At least the girls were funny at times
Jun 16, 2013 6:09 PM

May 2008
YEA YOSHINO :D Ending like this disappoints me a little. I want to know what happens to Kurumi, she looks like she is still killing people =/.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 16, 2013 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
Well there goes Date A Live, overall it was decent in my opinion, some episodes were enjoyable, some quite boring.

Dunno how will sales roll in Japan, but I wouldn't have anything against S2.
Jun 16, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
when 1st episode come i was like OMFG another interesting anime hope the main guy like keima in kaminomi*watch the series the heck main just your generic everyday protagonist sigh....
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 16, 2013 6:27 PM

Aug 2011
Hm, maybe I shouldn't have marathoned this in the same week I watched The World God Only Knows, the latter is a much, much better take on the harem genre.

It was surprisingly enjoyable, but half of the characters were horrible and I had the idea the author came up with the story as he went along writing new chapters instead of having some clear direction from the beginning. For example, it would have been nice if Origami mentioned any of her revenge against the Fire spirit before said Fire spirit appeared.

Not sure whether to give it a 4 or a 5.
Jun 16, 2013 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Date A Live. I will miss you. A lot happened in such a short time. I really did like this show, though. ^_^

9/10
Jun 16, 2013 6:39 PM

Aug 2012
Date A Live was entertaining and enjoyable wouldnt have any problem with a season 2 and im looking forward to that OVA all in all im giving this a 7/10

Jun 16, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2012
loved the series

9/10
Jun 16, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2013
YanderesFTW said:
jaxjaxk said:
i think there is a good chance of a season two! there is plenty of plot left and it seems to get a lot of positive reviews. the only problem i see is the unsuitability of how anime get another season. lets face it some things should have never gotten another season while others somehow never got another season.

Kurumi should get her own spinoff series...
i'd pay to watch it....

I couldn't agree more, she's effing insane. Immediately became a favorite of mine
Jun 16, 2013 7:20 PM

Jun 2012
So the last episode, it was pretty good I guess. I would have liked it to be longer instead it had a bit of a rushed feeling. This usually happens though with the adaptations. I guess as a whole Date A Live was decent. I liked most of the girls, the only one I diddnt like was Kurumi. I'm sure I'm one of the few to say this but her arc was the worst. Oragami was ok though she freaked out at the end an was tied to her hospital bed at the end lol. Tohka and Yoshino were great i just wosh they had more screen time. Kotori was my personal favorite because of her personality diffrences. If/when S2 comes out ill definitely be watching it.

Overall 7/10
It was good but it should have been longer. Even if the extra episodes were fillers I think most could have enjoyed them.

At least we can look forward to the OVA.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 16, 2013 7:53 PM
Jun 2010
episode was pretty good, Kotori is my fav :3 hope season 2 will be out but probably not sooner than next year -.-
Jun 16, 2013 7:54 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm hopefully there will be another season because there's still more that needs explaining like what the hell Kurumi is and if Origami really settled her anger. Overall it's a really good show.
Jun 16, 2013 7:55 PM
Jun 2010
Superassassin99 said:
Hmm hopefully there will be another season because there's still more that needs explaining like what the hell Kurumi is and if Origami really settled her anger. Overall it's a really good show.

obviously there will be a season 2 not only because at the end they kinda say there will be one but also Kurumi showing up to show us more will happen and overal it just aint finished lol
Jun 16, 2013 8:01 PM

Jan 2012
It was a fun series, and I'll willingly watch season 2 cause I'm interested in how Kurumi is related to Shido and Kotori's past. Along with Tohka's past before meeting Shido.
Jun 16, 2013 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it was nice episode with everything you need.

Kotori was super cute and the fight was great for this series standard.

Good thing they don't make an original ending that leave no chance for season 2.

My rating for this series stay 6/10.

Jun 16, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2012
season 2 i coming imo , i mean .. hermit said it herself hahahaha

Overall , it's good 6/10
Jun 16, 2013 8:33 PM
Dec 2012
He was supposed to get her in the mood and happy then kiss her to seal her powers away, so why was he going to ask her about 5 years ago randomly when he lined everything up so perfectly? If the mission were to fail, then she loses everything that represents her. He was going to gamble on that to inquire if she remembered anything about the fire/killing Origami's parents? Meh. :/
Jun 16, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Neiryu said:
He was supposed to get her in the mood and happy then kiss her to seal her powers away, so why was he going to ask her about 5 years ago randomly when he lined everything up so perfectly? If the mission were to fail, then she loses everything that represents her. He was going to gamble on that to inquire if she remembered anything about the fire/killing Origami's parents? Meh. :/

Yeah, that's really off writing. They have injected plot progression with an out-of-place humor, making Shido look lamer than he actually is.

Series is an enjoyable ride for me. I like Kortoi's route every much in the last three episodes. But then they had to kill it with Shido's "only like you as sister" line and his almost kiss with Tohka at the end >_<

Kotori is very cute and enjoyable tsundere :)
Jun 16, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2012
Roofipl said:

obviously there will be a season 2 not only because at the end they kinda say there will be one but also Kurumi showing up to show us more will happen and overal it just aint finished lol

It might be likely but it sure isn't obvious. These things depend on disc sales and light novel sales.

It is not unprecedented, or unreasonable, to make hints about a new season in the last episode of an anime. However, the new season will only happen if it makes financial sense for the company backing it. That means that BD's, light novels, manga, and merchandise sales need to cover the costs of production.

That's why I'm hoping that Date A Live has solid sales. I would love a 10k average like TLRD (To Love-Ru Darkness) but that's probably a little unrealistic. Regardless, I hope sales are high enough to greenlight a season 2. I think volume 1 is predicted to sell around 5k but I hope it outperforms that estimate.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 16, 2013 9:30 PM

Feb 2013
Can't wait for the next season! That Kurumi shot really left me intrigued...

Always wonder about Yoshinon.... I just...dont event know
Jun 16, 2013 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
Shido: I love you, Kotori.
Kotori: *blush* I, uh...
Shido: As my little sister, that is,
Kotori: *kicks shido* Is that it!?

Sisterzoned!

I laughed so hard on that part.

I actually enjoyed this from start to end. I love the fight against Origami using Licorice. I lol at the part where Kotori and Yoshinon interfered with Shido and Tohka's scene. And finally, Kurumi appeared once again.

Well, I had fun with this series, even thought a lot of good parts from the LN were cut off.

Come on Shidou, you kiss Yoshino too! looking forward for a 2nd season!

7/10
MagitoJun 16, 2013 9:37 PM
Jun 16, 2013 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
ThangLong said:
Neiryu said:

Yeah, that's really off writing. They have injected plot progression with an out-of-place humor, making Shido look lamer than he actually is.

Series is an enjoyable ride for me. I like Kortoi's route every much in the last three episodes. But then they had to kill it with Shido's "only like you as sister" line and his almost kiss with Tohka at the end >_<

Kiss was meant for episode 4, Yoshino epilogue, but for some reason they move it to episode 12 ending... ?.?
Jun 16, 2013 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
will be expecting season 2! what a troll Yoshinon is in the final scene xD
Jun 16, 2013 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
All in all this series was good. Even if the plot as a whole isn't that different from other harems the characters were funny and the art was nice. Hopefully it sells well so there can be a second season someday.
Jun 16, 2013 10:34 PM

Jan 2013
Not a bad series. Just nothing special.
6.75/10
Jun 16, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2012
lightXTC said:
I liked the art/animation and OP/ED theme songs, OP theme was particularly catchy. That's really the only nice things I have to say about this show.

I highly suggest to anyone who is interested in doing so that they go ahead and read YuzurihaAsuna and roriconfan's review for this anime. These guys pretty much sum up my opinion on this anime.

Final rating: 1/10.
And it seems they are mostly missing the points and ideas that are there to appeal to fans of this kind of genre. Well, nothing new regarding the usually cliched and stereotyped views by overseas watchers of this kind of anime.

And it is just weird that music and art/animation can constitute only one-tenth of the weight you rate an anime.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 16, 2013 11:05 PM

Jul 2010
I only liked Kurumi's arc, everything else was pretty boring.

Also, dat ending ... Just what? 6/10 to me.
Jun 16, 2013 11:23 PM

Feb 2012
hmm good final few seconds with the peeping and yoshi block.
Jun 16, 2013 11:30 PM

Dec 2012
5596050 said:
ThangLong said:
Neiryu said:

Kiss was meant for episode 4, Yoshino epilogue, but for some reason they move it to episode 12 ending... ?.?

I think it's because they planned for a heavy Kotori-focus ending while wanted to keep the harem feel. Thus, the half-way kiss is the reset button lol
Jun 17, 2013 1:17 AM

Feb 2012
Didn't like this episode so much but I did like the series as a whole. Also that cock-block at the end.
Jun 17, 2013 2:03 AM

Apr 2012
omg kurumi what are you doing.

ugh. okay there needs to be a second season ("sometime..." -yoshino) and maybe edit their pacing so not all of that last episode was stuck into... one episode.
Jun 17, 2013 2:10 AM

Feb 2008
An Ok ending for a rather average series.
6/10
Jun 17, 2013 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
The last episode was a bit rushed imo. That last scene when Yoshinon blocked the kiss was hilarious. Generally this series wasn't that bad at all.

Overall score 7/10.
Jun 17, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
A bit disappointed cause the anime is not what i expected from the LN. but not all imagination is the same right? so i think this series is enough. earlier i wanted to give 7/10. but WTH i love the LN and i am amazed that they worked on the anime, so 8/10. Keep going with season 2. wanted so much improvement...
Jun 17, 2013 3:46 AM

Jul 2011
if only there was more Kurumi.
5/10.
講廢話,被撞到.
Jun 17, 2013 4:28 AM

May 2013
Nice Ending But Sad it already ended Good thing yoshinon said to be continued sometime if theres a second season i will really watch it this anime made me smile and made me sad and as always thanks for the good anime
Jun 17, 2013 4:47 AM

Jun 2013
Nice ending, it turns out all my doubts were wrong,, It's just somehow a bit toned down... And here i tought that They will truly kiss each other at the end... A bit dissapointed >.<

the story was nice, but it seemed a bit ahead and straightforward, it needs more atmosphere in the scene, *or that was just me being ungrateful,,* The charas are all nice,, not that any of them had any chara.development there,,

Since the story actually didn't end yet, i can't give a definite rating here, but so far, i would give over all 7/10 xD hoped there are second season with more better stuffs, this anime had nice potential to get 9/10,,
Jun 17, 2013 5:06 AM

Sep 2011
Second season is already expected. Also the cockblock at the end though...

I could rate this a 10 because I really enjoyed this and the characters(Except Origami) are awesome and enjoyable to me but this series didn't really meet my expectations on some or most parts so I'll just give it a 9.
TennoujiJun 17, 2013 5:20 AM

Jun 17, 2013 5:29 AM

Dec 2011
Well, not the best adaptation ever. Some parts (the action parts) where made very very fast. But it did acomplished to adapt untill the end of "Itsuka Sister" volume, now i can go back to the LN and keep reading.
Jun 17, 2013 5:52 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
lightXTC said:
I liked the art/animation and OP/ED theme songs, OP theme was particularly catchy. That's really the only nice things I have to say about this show.

I highly suggest to anyone who is interested in doing so that they go ahead and read YuzurihaAsuna and roriconfan's review for this anime. These guys pretty much sum up my opinion on this anime.

Final rating: 1/10.
And it seems they are mostly missing the points and ideas that are there to appeal to fans of this kind of genre. Well, nothing new regarding the usually cliched and stereotyped views by overseas watchers of this kind of anime.

And it is just weird that music and art/animation can constitute only one-tenth of the weight you rate an anime.

We all knew what we were in for this show with the Harem Oni-chan vibe stuff, but a 1/10 rating is just pretty silly. The characters of Thoka was well executed and you could see her feelings, Origami was perfect stalker and Kurumic creepiness was fun and disturbing.

Also on the episode itself, while the it is evident that we got a cliff hanger sequel bait ending, the way it was executed over the last 12 episodes made it sound so natural and satisfying and didn't make me rage at it like I do for shows that sequel bait.

A 7/10 rating would be more appropriate, unless you are Imouto-averse the show cast was pretty enjoyable and Shido wasn't a Winny brat coward.
Jun 17, 2013 6:03 AM

May 2013
I had to laugh at the conversation between Shido and Reine after the whole Spirits v Origami fight

It made the penultimate and final episodes completely redundant.
Jun 17, 2013 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
Nice last episode, though to bad Shido didn't (couldn't) kill Tohka
Jun 17, 2013 6:23 AM

Mar 2013
Well we all know that the story is a cliffhanger and i hope there would be a season 2 of this anime :D
Jun 17, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2012
meneliksempai said:
Also on the episode itself, while the it is evident that we got a cliff hanger sequel bait ending, the way it was executed over the last 12 episodes made it sound so natural and satisfying and didn't make me rage at it like I do for shows that sequel bait.
I would call it a "sequel bait" but I hesitate to call it "cliffhanger". For "cliffhanger" it must be a situation like what the word says: A tense situation with someone/something hanging at the cliff (or similar situation) and probably the next seconds or minutes will determine how things will go in a big way, and the story stops at that moment. What we see here is not such "cliffhanger", just some hints here and there to wrap up things a then point out where the story may lead and who may get involved in the next arc.

Personally I think the word "cliffhanger" "predictable" "incoherent" "plot hole" etc are way overused in many comments on anime/manga/movies/shows found in forums when the actual facts do not necessarily warrant such descriptions. Not sure if it has to do with the tendency for people to write in exaggerated way on internet though.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 17, 2013 6:51 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
meneliksempai said:
I would call it a "sequel bait" but I hesitate to call it "cliffhanger". For "cliffhanger" it must be a situation like what the word says: A tense situation with someone/something hanging at the cliff (or similar situation) and probably the next seconds or minutes will determine how things will go in a big way, and the story stops at that moment. What we see here is not such "cliffhanger", just some hints here and there to wrap up things a then point out where the story may lead and who may get involved in the next arc.

You are right this is not even a sequel bait, just that the production budget doesn't allow for a second cour now an actual sequel bait would be were the writers spend more time setting up a sequel than actually writing the story to a conclusion.

But they managed to have a satisfying and well executed arc in twelve episodes, sure the business with Kurumi is not over but they wrapped up the Origami and Kotori arc of the story, it really felt more like the actual story line could have gone for more episodes.

The one sequel bait that made me rage lately was the movie Prometheus were all sorts of questions were left open with the purpose of being answered in a sequel, we got nothing of the sort here.

symbv said:
Personally I think the word "cliffhanger" "predictable" "incoherent" "plot hole" etc are way overused in many comments on anime/manga/movies/shows found in forums when the actual facts do not necessarily warrant such descriptions. Not sure if it has to do with the tendency for people to write in exaggerated way on internet though.

Yes you are so right. The story of Shido discovering the truth about his sister and spirits was well told, even if the whole conflicts of the universe weren't solved in this season.
Jun 17, 2013 7:02 AM

May 2013
Let's see...
Origami stole the White Licorice, as expected.
Inevitable fight between Origami and Kotori, as expected.
Shidou saves Kotori with the power of speech, as expected.

Things I like...
Kotori's transformation into her Spirit Form.
Tohka's and Yoshino's Semi-Spirit Form.
The music when Tohka and Yoshino joined the fight.
The ending part with the incomplete kiss.

What I love...
Kurumi appearing! Even for just a few seconds!
Possibility of Season 2! More Spirits! More mystery!

Nice anime, overall. Could have been better, but yeah.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 17, 2013 7:02 AM

May 2010
Great ending! Didn't expect Kurumi to appear all of a sudden,nonetheless very enjoyable. I loved it:D

Waiting for the 2nd season,9/10:D

Kotori x Shido!
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

338 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 10, 8:26 PM

» Is this cartoon going to disappoint me ( 1 2 )

weeaboo5008 - Jan 29

56 by athanm »»
Mar 11, 4:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.