MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Saiunkoku Monogatari »» Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

11 78.57%
4 out of 5: Liked it

3 21.43%
3 out of 5: It was OK

0.00%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 14

01-08-09, 12:52 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really wanted to watch a reverse harem anime and this was recommended to me. So far the story is good. Shuurei is really cute so far, I loved the part where she flipped out about not being able to afford white rice!!! I can't believe that she accepted the money without even knowing what job she has. Seiran is a total cutie, the strong silent type. The other 2 characters that was introduced (I don't remember their names) also seem very interesting. The Emperor also seems like a good male lead. I can't believe he tried to pass himself off as someone else. Good thing she saw through his ruse, but played it off like she didn't. I'm off to watch the episode.

01-10-09, 11:20 PM

You shouldn't double post; it's against the rules. And this anime seems great to me so far the openings really good and how the story and the date it's set in makes me really like it.
HEY!

01-30-10, 3:31 AM

I loved it!

04-22-11, 8:05 PM

There's always a catch to a good deal. XD

07-03-11, 4:51 PM

Wow, I can tell from the opening already that it's going to be great.

05-11-12, 2:45 AM

She agreed to do the job in a heartbeat without knowing what the deal is anyway. LOL

The line down the middle of a grain of wheat which distinguishes itself from rice is gonna mock her and say "I'm not rice!" XD

09-29-12, 11:48 AM

If this show continues on in this spirit, it's gonna become one of my favourite ones and Shuurei is gonna become my favourite character of all time and a role model. I hope we see nothing overdramatic and the pace doesn't slow down. :) I also hope Seiran doesn't like Shuurei romantically, although I'm thinking he could be one of the emperor's brothers who were supposed to be killed or maybe the one that was exiled? not sure. It was pretty funny how the emperor hid his true indentity but she saw right through him although I don't think she realized who he was exactly? Anyway, I'm very excited about this show! Onto the next ep!

01-09-13, 2:28 AM

Hmm good start but will it last?
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."

08-19-13, 6:58 PM

The emperor lies to Shuurei that he's one of the bodyguards, but she's already met the real guy, lol. I love how she just let's it go and acts as if he's really Shuuei. She's a pretty cool character :) Even though she complained about the job because she didn't know what it would be, she still has a lot of motivation to go through with.

10-09-13, 7:05 PM

syd723 said:
There's always a catch to a good deal. XD

Very good title I have already watched this season but it was back in 2008 so i am refreshing before i start season 2 which will be after i finish 1st season again which is all okay with me bc i have been seriously wanting to watch it for so long but my fiance doesnt care much for romance anime that romance is the major part of the series which it is n its not but that is my opinion on the matter so yeah on to ep 2

04-28-14, 9:46 PM

Wow what an amazing episode!

The music, atmosphere, it really feels like you in dynasty line in china :)

I do admit i was interested in this show only because Houka Kuwashima's voice is lovely as hell and here she's even more energetic and funny XD

Hikaru Midorikawa voice as well!

Though i didn't expect Shuuichi Ikeda voicing here as well as Seki, Tomokazu!

So the reason they paid her 500 Gold coins is to toughen up the king and lead the country. Even though Shuurei has a mansion, it's a messed and the walls and landscapes are falling apart. So it's kinda expected that she would agree to the deal.

Still i laughed out loud when her father was proud of bringing water instead of tea to the 2nd most highest ranking official in the country XD

Really enjoyed the theme of the show. I can't wait for more!

05-27-14, 5:09 AM

That was a great episode :D!
Words to live by:

"If I can do it tomorrow, I won't do it today"
-- Toshinou Kyouko

08-19-14, 6:29 PM

Amazing show! Reminded me why I got hooked up on anime at the first place ^^

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices