Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo' to Get Live Action TV Series Adaptation in August

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2013 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
got my hopes up and thought I was reading "Anime Adaptation" but noo Q o Q

I pray for the day this will get an anime adaptation ; - ;

And I wonder who is going to do the roles for the characters XD

Thats A LOT of kissing you're gonna do XDD
Jun 14, 2013 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
One of those guys looks like Gintoki ^___^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2013 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
spiritworld said:
Why wasn't this adapted into an anime yet..
My take is the preference is usually to go the live action route if possible, because it can be aired in better time slots and reach broader segment of audience.

Maybe you're right, an anime will come sooner or later anyway XD

thanush said:
BigSimo said:
yankee + megane anime adaptation please
This. Guess the series is not that popular considering the author had to cut the manga short.

I do not think that it is so unpopular, even in Italy was published, you see a little!

symbv said:
obviouslygeeky said:
Has it been cut short? I thought it was still ongoing...
The manga of Yankee+Megane ended in 2011 and a total of 23 volumes published. And I don't know how people can call the end of a manga that ran for over 20 volumes as "cut short".

I do not think you will not face an anime, though with only a few other manga volumes han had their chance, why not give it even to this manga?

Returning to the manga in question I was reading it was not so bad, it was comical, some did not shine for being one of my favorites, but if there will be the possibility of an anime I'll give him a chance!
Jun 14, 2013 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
Damn I thought it said TV anime for a sec.
[center]
Jun 14, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2012
Well, if this gets subbed, it looks like I'm going to have to get into Live Action.
Jun 14, 2013 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
terrablu2003 said:
Maybe you're right, an anime will come sooner or later anyway XD

I do not think you will not face an anime, though with only a few other manga volumes han had their chance, why not give it even to this manga?
The question is: If it already has a live-action adaptation the case of also doing an anime adaptation is much weaker. To raise awareness and boost sales of the manga, live action adaptation can do even better than anime, which has much more restricted following and more niche market. For material that is hard to do in live action (space opera, fantasy combat), or with contents that are difficult to appeal to the mainstream (relies a lot on moe elements or harem/ecchi genre), then anime adaptation is a much better choice, perhaps even the only possible choice. Of course we do have examples of manga adapted to anime AND live action (e.g. Kimi ni Todoke), but usually it is anime first and, when demand is deemed high enough, go for live action. I find it hard to recall a case when live action adaptation came first and anime later.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
anime series please
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 14, 2013 9:57 AM

Mar 2013
I had preferred Anime that one Live Action :v
Jun 14, 2013 10:05 AM
Jul 2010
JCDRANZER said:
I want an anime for this tbh but live-action series are just as good

How many live-action adaptations of manga have you watched? The last one I did was the Negima one, and by what I witnessed I hope you are joking when you say that "live-action series are just as good".

symbv said:
Sometimes I am surprised how many very keen translators and subbers for anime and manga but so few for live action TV drama, variety shows and movies. I find it quite odd, particularly since in East Asia region, the number of translators and subbers for live action shows is not that few.

What are you talking about symbv? How could you not know how big the Jdrama fansub community is? Japanese movies are a completely different thing though. Since movies are so mainstream and have much more fans than anime or dorama do there's no need for an organized subtitling team in this field, because somebody's gonna take their time and get it done. Most of the time those projects aren't organized in a way like anime fansubbing is; they are usually done by random, anonymous translators.

About Japanese variety shows you are right: nobody cares about those.
Jun 14, 2013 10:07 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
Well, for Western fans this is pretty much a non story since live action stuff never gets translated. Oh well.
Sometimes I am surprised how many very keen translators and subbers for anime and manga but so few for live action TV drama, variety shows and movies. I find it quite odd, particularly since in East Asia region, the number of translators and subbers for live action shows is not that few.

It really is unfortunate. Unless the live series is based on an already popular anime, it's not likely to see any attention from fansubbers or official localizations. There is still a chance it could end up on Crunchyroll though. http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/drama

Edit: ^Ooh, never knew about that.
Jun 14, 2013 10:13 AM

Jul 2008
It looks like the author have a curse of never getting an anime. Damn I feel so sad.
Jun 14, 2013 10:17 AM
Mar 2010
I've never liked live-actions so PASS. :(
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 14, 2013 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
NFH said:
What are you talking about symbv? How could you not know how big the Jdrama fansub community is?
I admit I don't know much about the size of English subbers for Japanese TV drama as I never watch a Japanese TV drama with English sub. But a westerner like RyanSaotome also said "Well, for Western fans this is pretty much a non story since live action stuff never gets translated." while Kenshin_sama said " Unless the live series is based on an already popular anime, it's not likely to see any attention from fansubbers or official localizations.", so it seems that there are no lack of people in the west who have little idea of how active English fansub for Japanese TV drama and how available the subbed works are.

From what you understand, how likely is a TV drama adapted from a manga like this one gets subbed quickly when it is broadcast? From what I see, there can be far more TV drama series each week compared to anime, with more stations and more time slots (ranging from early morning to deep in midnight), so I wonder how big the percentage of all TV drama aired on Japan TV gets subbed by fans.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 10:44 AM
Jul 2012
I could see a live action working with this but I still hope for an anime later when the manga is finish.
Jun 14, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2010
ibreaker9736 said:
It looks like the author have a curse of never getting an anime. Damn I feel so sad.

Still, there's a chance that Miki Yoshikawa is the one refusing for her works to be animated. One example would be Yotsuba. It's not animated due to the author's discretion.
Jun 14, 2013 11:10 AM

Apr 2008
i wish its a anime adaption
Jun 14, 2013 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
Interesting... I love the manga so I want to watch it!
And I hope they'll make an anime adaptation sometime in the future.
Jun 14, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Looking foward to it just hope they would just start with an anime adaption.
Jun 14, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
need to read and marathon the manga.

**☾**
Jun 14, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
A live action one? Seriously.
Jun 14, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2009
wow~ nice! this mangaka got another live-action adaptation! hmm...curious about the same gender kisses....
Jun 14, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 2008
Danm was hoping for an anime but oh well
Jun 14, 2013 7:44 PM

Apr 2011
This sounds really good *adds to list* might scrub up on the manga first before getting stuck into the LA.

Also, I've added this to the 'Live Action Adaptations' club:

Jun 14, 2013 8:09 PM

Oct 2011
Whoever plays Yamada in the live action is gonna be so lucky, kissing girls.... though it sucks when you have to do it with guys too..
Signature
Jun 14, 2013 8:17 PM

Apr 2010
Well. I'll at least read the manga.
Jun 14, 2013 8:26 PM

Sep 2011
Kazeshini said:
another gender bender.... yawn
at least its not another 4-girls moeblob show.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 14, 2013 8:33 PM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Kazeshini said:
As if there are many 4-girls moe show LOL LOL

Jun 14, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kazeshini said:
As if there are many 4-girls moe show LOL LOL

Oops, I guess real girls aren't that moe.
Jun 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2013
i don't want to see 25 year olds in a forking high school uniform.
Jun 14, 2013 11:42 PM
Mar 2010
Aw and here was i hoping for an anime adaption which would have been awesome.
Jun 15, 2013 2:21 AM

Jan 2011
Awww damn I really wanted this series to get an anime adaptation. Ah well, a live-action TV show is better than nothing. I feel bad for the actor playing as Yamada who has to kiss guys as well as girls ROFL!
Jun 15, 2013 3:29 AM

Jul 2010
Saito-Himea said:

Friendly reminder that little to no Japanese media is made with you or any of us in this thread in mind.
Jun 15, 2013 4:41 AM

Oct 2012
symbv said:
NFH said:
What are you talking about symbv? How could you not know how big the Jdrama fansub community is?
I admit I don't know much about the size of English subbers for Japanese TV drama as I never watch a Japanese TV drama with English sub. But a westerner like RyanSaotome also said "Well, for Western fans this is pretty much a non story since live action stuff never gets translated." while Kenshin_sama said " Unless the live series is based on an already popular anime, it's not likely to see any attention from fansubbers or official localizations.", so it seems that there are no lack of people in the west who have little idea of how active English fansub for Japanese TV drama and how available the subbed works are.

From what you understand, how likely is a TV drama adapted from a manga like this one gets subbed quickly when it is broadcast? From what I see, there can be far more TV drama series each week compared to anime, with more stations and more time slots (ranging from early morning to deep in midnight), so I wonder how big the percentage of all TV drama aired on Japan TV gets subbed by fans.

Well, far from all live action gets subbed, that's a given with the amount of shows they make, but YanMega got subbed, so it's possible that because of that, it's more likely to be subbed? At least that's what I'd imagine (and if only I knew how to sub, I would definitely try to take it on myself, depending on the difficulty level (I'm not awesome at Japanese, but it's good enough for thranslating manga. Dunno about live action, where I don't have the written script.)
Jun 15, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
Saito-Himea said:
LOLOLOLOLOL

This.

If I
novurdim said:
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
Well, for Western fans this is pretty much a non story since live action stuff never gets translated. Oh well.

oh well, that's just because japanese drama and shows are usually srsly inferior to its western counterparts. And in the end is so niche that doesn't pose much interest to translators.
wanted to watch drama, I would have watched Jorean ones instead
Jun 15, 2013 11:58 AM

May 2009
Woot! I love reading this manga. It's so funny and sweet.

I'd really rather an anime... but I'm happy for more Yamada-kun either way.
Jun 15, 2013 4:18 PM
Sep 2012
YES. ALL OF MY YES.
I've been trying to convince my friend to read this for months :P
Jun 15, 2013 4:19 PM

Nov 2012
novurdim said:
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:

oh well, that's just because japanese drama and shows are usually srsly inferior to its western counterparts. And in the end is so niche that doesn't pose much interest to translators.

yup its not that interesting anime is still better but
HOLY SHIT how are they going to show the man to man kissing!!!
its better if its an anime this is going to be boring i dont want to THAT!!!
CrossRyuuJun 15, 2013 4:22 PM
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Jun 15, 2013 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
i love the manga but the idea of watching it as live action feels weird to me
Jun 15, 2013 5:32 PM
Mar 2009
Oh this is going to be weird.

Gender bending in real life? Lawl.
Jun 15, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
CrossRyuu said:
novurdim said:
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:

yup its not that interesting anime is still better but
HOLY SHIT how are they going to show the man to man kissing!!!
its better if its an anime this is going to be boring i dont want to THAT!!!

Yeah... Pretty much, how good it is would depend on the actors' ability to act, which I don't see a lot that BOTH looks like the characters, and can act well, so we pretty much have to lose something.

Also, they did kissing in Drake and Josh, so there's something. If they guy looks enough like a girl(which I don't imagine him to, or maybe they are going to have a girl play the role of a bishounen?), it might be alright
Jun 15, 2013 7:40 PM

Aug 2012
They pick the manga with the weirdest high school supernatural concept ever for live action? The manga itself is good, but that's a bunch of kissing and genderbending to do in real life.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 16, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
why live-action? With such a plot it was much easier and better to make the anime.
Jun 16, 2013 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
novurdim said:
oh well, that's just because japanese drama and shows are usually srsly inferior to its western counterparts.
Did I sense some kind of cultural superiority thinking here? Let's be really frank, budget in western drama is so much bigger that it is hard not too see them excel in many technical aspects. But still I think your words just sound arrogant and overly dismissive.

Jun 16, 2013 9:20 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
novurdim said:
oh well, that's just because japanese drama and shows are usually srsly inferior to its western counterparts.
Did I sense some kind of cultural superiority thinking here? Let's be really frank, budget in western drama is so much bigger that it is hard not too see them excel in many technical aspects. But still I think your words just sound arrogant and overly dismissive.

I dunno about him, but Korean Dramas are generally better
Jun 16, 2013 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
live action? Must be interesting.
Jun 16, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
waalex11 said:
live action? Must be interesting.

Not if:
The acting is subpar. Since the manga characters weren't real people, the personality switch was done perfectly and very convincingly, can't say the same for the real life actors until we see them

or

the actors are ugly. 2D and 3D transition tends to get messy... So the characters we love might not look the same as we expect

or

Guys in real life kissing... Dunno if that would work out for the audience. Though you might like it, I don't think I will.
Jun 18, 2013 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
This is fast...But I'm definitely looking forward for this one...^_^
Jun 18, 2013 9:46 AM

Feb 2009
Sounds good, but will this work with all the kissing going around in that manga, not to mention that Yamada kissed Miyamura who is another boy a lot of times. Are they going to censor all the kisses? Use female actresses to play the boys that Yamada would have to kiss? I am really curious. Will surely take a peek.
Jun 20, 2013 11:23 PM

Mar 2009
Oh dang, the first time around I thought I read that this was getting an anime adaptation... Live-action? Not quite what I was expecting, and not sure if want.
Jun 21, 2013 4:52 AM

Sep 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
Sounds good, but will this work with all the kissing going around in that manga, not to mention that Yamada kissed Miyamura who is another boy a lot of times. Are they going to censor all the kisses? Use female actresses to play the boys that Yamada would have to kiss? I am really curious. Will surely take a peek.
Censor a kiss? Seriously? I know a kiss is supposedly something that you don't do as much as they do in Latin countries in Japan, but fucking censoring it?

Nah... Who knows I guess, maybe they would use some camera tricks or something.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

6 by Yubisoft »»
50 minutes ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 6 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
3 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
6 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.