Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo' to Get Live Action TV Series Adaptation in August

New
Jun 14, 2013 4:17 AM

Sep 2012
In the latest issue of Shounen Magazin, it was announced that the manga "Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo" will be adapted to a live action TV drama series. It will air on Saturdays on Fuji TV network from August 10th onwards. Cast information has not been disclosed yet. The manga started serialization in end of 2011. So far 7 volumes have been published.

Source: Scan of Shounen Magazin
myanimelistllcMar 5, 2016 12:06 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 14, 2013 4:18 AM

Sep 2012
PV for the manga. Supposed to be a "KISS Comedy" ;-)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 4:22 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah! Way-to-go!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jun 14, 2013 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
yankee + megane anime adaptation please
Jun 14, 2013 4:29 AM

Sep 2012
spiritworld said:
Why wasn't this adapted into an anime yet..
My take is the preference is usually to go the live action route if possible, because it can be aired in better time slots and reach broader segment of audience.

Jun 14, 2013 4:32 AM
Nov 2011
BigSimo said:
This. Guess the series is not that popular considering the author had to cut the manga short.
Jun 14, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
thanush said:
BigSimo said:
This. Guess the series is not that popular considering the author had to cut them manga short.
It was once very popular though. Otherwise it would not have lasted that many volumes. And the manga also got a live action adaptation and as I said, this is usually preferred to anime adaptation.

Jun 14, 2013 4:35 AM

Feb 2012
Damn. Would have prefered an anime instead. Actually expected this though...

Mar 2009
Interesting. Who knows, maybe we'll one day see an anime adaptation as well.

Jul 2010
BigSimo said:

Ahhh that'd be so nice, shame it's seemingly not to be.
Jun 14, 2013 4:40 AM

Dec 2010
... Live action?! With all those boyxboy kisses?! Ahah, too bad they'll skip them xD I'll watch it for sure ^^
Jun 14, 2013 4:42 AM

Dec 2012
I'm probably not going to watch the live action, but thanks for the manga suggestion! This one looks really interesting.
Jun 14, 2013 4:43 AM
Oct 2009
Noooo it's a really funny manga! I wanted an anime! Well, then again, it's not like there's no hope.

If they make the boys kiss in the live action, perhaps I should check it out.
Jun 14, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2009
thanush said:
BigSimo said:
This. Guess the series is not that popular considering the author had to cut the manga short.

Has it been cut short? I thought it was still ongoing...I mean, the story so far made me think it couldn't possibly be a long manga but it's at least it's a funny/entertaining ride.
I think an anime would be better than a live action but oh well...
Jun 14, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2012
obviouslygeeky said:
Has it been cut short? I thought it was still ongoing...
The manga of Yankee+Megane ended in 2011 and a total of 23 volumes published. And I don't know how people can call the end of a manga that ran for over 20 volumes as "cut short".

Jun 14, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2010
another gender bender.... yawn
Jun 14, 2013 5:46 AM

Jul 2011
obviouslygeeky said:
thanush said:
BigSimo said:

Has it been cut short? I thought it was still ongoing...I mean, the story so far made me think it couldn't possibly be a long manga but it's at least it's a funny/entertaining ride.
I think an anime would be better than a live action but oh well...

I read the first chapters and it's already boring, I still want to read a bit more to see if it improves but for now I've left it aside.
Jun 14, 2013 5:50 AM

Mar 2011
BigSimo said:

agree. But live-action for yamada-kun is also great!

Jun 14, 2013 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
I want an anime though. Anyway, gonna watch it. :3
Jun 14, 2013 6:16 AM

Jun 2008
Why not anime? : (
Jun 14, 2013 6:18 AM

May 2010
Damn, I thought it was getting a Anime. T_T
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jun 14, 2013 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
Chibi-Alice said:
Why not anime? : (

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=615163&show=0#msg22746935

Jun 14, 2013 6:36 AM

Feb 2010
BigSimo said:

Yes Please!
Jun 14, 2013 6:41 AM

Nov 2011
Live action? Pfft. Was hoping for an anime adaptation.
Jun 14, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2010
Me thinks they'll totally reduce the kisses.

I'm still hoping for YanMega anime adaptation too.

Share your preferred anime cast here!
Jun 14, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2011
As much I like the manga, I don't want to see a live action adaption.

I'll pass.
Jun 14, 2013 6:59 AM

Aug 2010
Really like the manga, and I would most likely watch the live action if it gets subbed. Not sure how they would deal with the male on male kissing through lol....
Jun 14, 2013 6:59 AM

Dec 2009
I love both mangas but I don't think I'll watch the live action adaptations.

Now, if we had an anime for Yamada and Yankee, I'll watch them immediately.
Jun 14, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
Well, for Western fans this is pretty much a non story since live action stuff never gets translated. Oh well.

Jun 14, 2013 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Well, for Western fans this is pretty much a non story since live action stuff never gets translated. Oh well.
Sometimes I am surprised how many very keen translators and subbers for anime and manga but so few for live action TV drama, variety shows and movies. I find it quite odd, particularly since in East Asia region, the number of translators and subbers for live action shows is not that few.

Jun 14, 2013 7:15 AM
Aug 2011
AH DAMN IT ALL I WAS BLINDED BY EXCITEMENT THAT I GLOSSED OVER THE WORDS "LIVE ACTION".

Then I was crushed. ;~;

But yay at Yamada getting some! :D

I'll try to watch if I can, really wished it was getting an anime series though.
I'd just be filed with lots of happiness if that ever happened.
Jun 14, 2013 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
I love the manga and at first thought this was about an anime adaptation but live action? Damn, I ain't watching that. Oh well...
Jun 14, 2013 7:37 AM
Nov 2012
Meh. I wasn't really fond of Yankee-kun live action although I did like the ending better than the original manga and I think that this adaptation is going to lose its touch on comedy that would prevail if it was in anime format (some things work in cartoons that doesn't in live-action).

symbv said:
obviouslygeeky said:
The manga of Yankee+Megane ended in 2011 and a total of 23 volumes published. And I don't know how people can call the end of a manga that ran for over 20 volumes as "cut short".

It has to be with the fact that the ending felt very rushed and all the development that happened during so many volumes resulted in nothing at all. I'd rather have a short manga with a proper ending than a relatively long manga with an abrupt ending.

At least Daichi's cameo in the first chapter of Yamada was awesome.
flamingo-chanJun 14, 2013 7:42 AM
Jun 14, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2007
I want an anime for this tbh but live-action series are just as good but it's better in anime to convey the goofiness more.
Jun 14, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2012
I'm surprised they're giving it an adaption this early, considering it's only been little over a year since it started serilization, but I am definitely pleased by this. I love this manga so damn much. I hope they do a good job on it, and the casting (personally, I loved the Yankee&Megane-drama, even though they certainly could have done better). And they better not be shy on the kissing, that's how they use their powers after all. But ahaha, how can it be so perfectly timed? August 10th is my best friend's birthday. xDDDD
Jun 14, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
BigSimo said:

Pls anime gods pls.
Jun 14, 2013 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
Oh well whatever,hope they will release anime of this soon!
Jun 14, 2013 8:27 AM

Oct 2008
Personally I would prefer a anime adaptation since I don't really watch live action. Good for them though, this is definitely better than nothing.
Jun 14, 2013 8:30 AM

May 2013
Goodnews to hear. Was hoping for an anime adaptation though.
Jun 14, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 2011
Kella said:
... Live action?! With all those boyxboy kisses?! Ahah, too bad they'll skip them xD I'll watch it for sure ^^

Hell, my thought exactly! XD If they're gonna skip them, wonder if they're gonna skip boyxgirl kisses too ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 14, 2013 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
got my hopes up and thought I was reading "Anime Adaptation" but noo Q o Q

I pray for the day this will get an anime adaptation ; - ;

And I wonder who is going to do the roles for the characters XD

Thats A LOT of kissing you're gonna do XDD
Jun 14, 2013 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
One of those guys looks like Gintoki ^___^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2013 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
spiritworld said:
Why wasn't this adapted into an anime yet..
My take is the preference is usually to go the live action route if possible, because it can be aired in better time slots and reach broader segment of audience.

Maybe you're right, an anime will come sooner or later anyway XD

thanush said:
BigSimo said:

I do not think that it is so unpopular, even in Italy was published, you see a little!

symbv said:
obviouslygeeky said:

I do not think you will not face an anime, though with only a few other manga volumes han had their chance, why not give it even to this manga?

Returning to the manga in question I was reading it was not so bad, it was comical, some did not shine for being one of my favorites, but if there will be the possibility of an anime I'll give him a chance!
Jun 14, 2013 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
Damn I thought it said TV anime for a sec.
[center]
Jun 14, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2012
Well, if this gets subbed, it looks like I'm going to have to get into Live Action.
Jun 14, 2013 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
terrablu2003 said:
Maybe you're right, an anime will come sooner or later anyway XD

I do not think you will not face an anime, though with only a few other manga volumes han had their chance, why not give it even to this manga?
The question is: If it already has a live-action adaptation the case of also doing an anime adaptation is much weaker. To raise awareness and boost sales of the manga, live action adaptation can do even better than anime, which has much more restricted following and more niche market. For material that is hard to do in live action (space opera, fantasy combat), or with contents that are difficult to appeal to the mainstream (relies a lot on moe elements or harem/ecchi genre), then anime adaptation is a much better choice, perhaps even the only possible choice. Of course we do have examples of manga adapted to anime AND live action (e.g. Kimi ni Todoke), but usually it is anime first and, when demand is deemed high enough, go for live action. I find it hard to recall a case when live action adaptation came first and anime later.

Jun 14, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
anime series please
Hate Keeps me warm
Jun 14, 2013 9:57 AM

Mar 2013
I had preferred Anime that one Live Action :v
Jun 14, 2013 10:05 AM
Jul 2010
JCDRANZER said:
I want an anime for this tbh but live-action series are just as good

How many live-action adaptations of manga have you watched? The last one I did was the Negima one, and by what I witnessed I hope you are joking when you say that "live-action series are just as good".

symbv said:
Sometimes I am surprised how many very keen translators and subbers for anime and manga but so few for live action TV drama, variety shows and movies. I find it quite odd, particularly since in East Asia region, the number of translators and subbers for live action shows is not that few.

What are you talking about symbv? How could you not know how big the Jdrama fansub community is? Japanese movies are a completely different thing though. Since movies are so mainstream and have much more fans than anime or dorama do there's no need for an organized subtitling team in this field, because somebody's gonna take their time and get it done. Most of the time those projects aren't organized in a way like anime fansubbing is; they are usually done by random, anonymous translators.

About Japanese variety shows you are right: nobody cares about those.
Jun 14, 2013 10:07 AM

May 2011
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:

It really is unfortunate. Unless the live series is based on an already popular anime, it's not likely to see any attention from fansubbers or official localizations. There is still a chance it could end up on Crunchyroll though. http://www.crunchyroll.com/videos/drama

Edit: ^Ooh, never knew about that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
15 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.