Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 17, 2018 3:32 AM

Jan 2018
Lobinde said:

GOTTA GO FAST

I don't think I could bring myself to do this, unless I was watching a long-running shounen (which I don't do).

8/10 and it's just a gif. I see some people ahead that we gon crash yeah.
Sep 17, 2018 3:35 AM

Mar 2018
I only use 2x speed while watching a youtube video. Never for anime. Not even while re-watching.
Sep 17, 2018 4:18 AM

Jan 2013
Real men watch anime at 18x speed.......
Sep 17, 2018 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
Watching anime sped up is an insult to God, because it has been created by Him to be watched in normal speed. However, if you live a gracious life, you will be granted access to Paradise, where we will above time and able to watch everything you want in any time you want.
Sep 17, 2018 4:37 AM

Apr 2012
I have watched some One Piece episodes at 1.5x because fuck Toei. One Pace saved us from our ordeal, Jah bless.
Sep 17, 2018 8:03 AM
Feb 2017
That person much only watched dubbed, as there is no way you can keep up with subtitles and looking at the animation at the same time.
Sep 17, 2018 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
how the heck can they understand anything that is going on?
Sep 22, 2018 1:11 AM

Jul 2017
The speed button exists for a reason.
Sep 22, 2018 1:23 AM

Apr 2018
Nothing wrong with this.

But I personally see no reason to do this. It's like going to a reading website of manga, opening a certain chapter of the manga, pushing the down button without reading the text, then done. And move to the next chapter. What's the point? I don't see it enjoyable, not even in the slightest. If someone enjoys it, that's good for them then.
Sep 22, 2018 1:33 AM

Feb 2018
I believe once you get to the point where u watch anime at increased speed or multiple at the same time on multiple devices you just watch these particular series for the sake of consumption and not enjoyment.
Sep 22, 2018 6:18 AM

Jan 2018
I believe I managed to slow down my watching speed when I watch how to nut summon a demon lord. It's a delicacy.
Sep 22, 2018 6:37 AM

Nov 2017
Watching anime at increased speed is the stupidest shit I've ever heard of. Why in the heck you'd watch an anime if you're not gonna enjoy it? I don't get people who watches anime just to brag about it.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So many anime, So little time!

Sep 22, 2018 6:44 AM
Jun 2017
I wonder what would it be if tatami galaxy played with 2x speed
Sep 22, 2018 7:02 AM
Sep 2017
TonyTheme said:
Tavor said:
Sounds like it's for racking up anime in their list in a quicker time-frame.
Anyone who does anything remotely like this to rack up their anime list ... Why? Can't even string the exact words together to describe how stupid I think that is.
thats the most retarded thing. it ruins the whole fun of watching anime .
Sep 22, 2018 7:15 AM
Oct 2017
I kinda want to watch One Piece so, this might be a good idea.
Sep 22, 2018 7:16 AM
Sep 2017
Gippy said:
Having been away from regular anime viewing for about 3 years now, I need some way to catch up. From 2010-2012, there are at least 50 series each year that are worth watching. So that means I need to watch at least 150 series.

A lot of series are painfully slow and you can watch them at 2X without missing much. Another was ridiculously slow with its two beta main characters, so I wish I had watched that at 2X instead of 1X.

At 2X speed and skipping OP/EDs and next episode previews, you can go through a regular episode in about 10.5 minutes. If you spend all day (14 hours) watching anime, that means you can go through 80 episodes in a day instead of 40. I can only do this over the weekend. On weekdays I have 5 hours maximum, so at double speed I can plow through 28 episodes/day.

So at 300 episodes/week, it'll still take me nearly 4 months of nonstop watching to catch up on anime. By watching at double speed, I'll have gained 4 months of free time. And I'll take that any day. It takes some time getting used to at first, but eventually your brain adjusts and you cope with it.

One issue is that MPC-HC doesn't play accelerated video with normal pitch sound, so I'm forced to use VLC. But VLC can't force a default subtitle font with ASS subtitles. Gah! No player is perfect for this.
what you said is soo stupid . Why watch every show there not even worth watching and the shows that are worth watching you ruin them by watching at 2x speed smh .
Sep 24, 2018 7:27 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
I personally dont get it, skip part is much better in my opinion if u dislike a scene or i dont know or just drop it im personally not into speed up even then i can understand the guys who do it.
For me it's just better to watch at normal speed since it's an hobby to begin with.

Sep 24, 2018 7:36 AM

Jul 2017
You can watch Texhnolyze at 2x speed...or 4x.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Sep 24, 2018 7:42 AM

Dec 2016
Sometimes some stretches of anime I actually wanna watch are insufferable, so I just increase the speed using mpv until it's over (not necessarily to 2x, sometimes 1.5 is enough). But watching all of anime like that, well, to each his own, but no thanks.
Dec 27, 2018 12:54 PM

May 2016
1.5x speed comes in handy when you're trying to catch up on something you have moderate interest in, recapping, rewatching, trying to figure out what episode you left off a series at if you didn't mark it;
2x is more for shows you're watching out of some sort of obligation...be it fomo or for those people that just don't like dropping stuff, I could see people going even faster with long-running filler-ridden anime.

For those that say skipping the parts you dislike is better than watching an episode at a faster speed....how? At least with the latter you actually experience the scene one way or another.
As for the subtitles issue...clearly the people who use higher speeds can deal with them, honestly if a person is watching at 2x speed I'd assume they've already seen a fair amount of anime and have picked up on enough Japanese to be able to fill in the blanks.

Ultimately it saves time and makes certain anime actually watchable.
Jan 7, 2020 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
I have only one thing to say: Enjoying anime is for weebs!!!!!

Jan 7, 2020 8:48 AM

Jul 2019
I always watch anime at 1.25x speed, 1x is just to slow and unnatural for me. Sometimes I even watch at 1.5x, mostly Slice of Life, because everything is so slow it hurts.
Jan 7, 2020 9:55 AM
Oct 2012
4x speed raw is the only proper way to watch garbage like dragon ball super
Jan 7, 2020 9:58 AM

Oct 2013
lol again a up!

Well I don't see a problem with 1.25 or 1.50x (even if I don't really do it anymore now that I got two screens), in fact the visuals are much smoother!
You should try it on some clunky cgi animes
TitadouJan 7, 2020 10:15 AM
Jan 7, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
Is pretty much stupid since you can't complain about anything without looking like an impatient person.
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Jan 8, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2018
honestly, if you watch anime at an increased speed you probably aren't watching anime because you enjoy it, but rather you just want a large list.

if you start to do this, take a break from anime for a bit, because your not enjoying it anymore, are you?
Jan 9, 2020 10:11 AM

Jan 2019
I even had a friend that did the same. And I was like, why don't you just dropped it? He said that it's

a shame if he did that. Now because of him, I kinda do the same thing, but only when I got bored at

some part. Other than that, I will just drop the show if I can't hold it anymore
Jan 10, 2020 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
My answer is the same as in the other topic: people don't watch for the enjoyment, they watch it so they could say they completed it.

If they are bored so quickly, it's on them to change it and be more patient. If you are in cinema or watch something with your friends, you "must" sit through these parts too.

In quite many movies today, they cut character development scenes for the sake of another generic action scenes, because so many people can't enjoy a few minutes / chapters / scenes of dialogue or daily life etc.

They got the attention span of a goldfish over time and are over satured with thousands of different series and movies that scream "watch me!"
And then there is the fear of missing out too ofc.
removed-userJan 10, 2020 7:02 AM
Jan 12, 2020 5:37 PM

May 2019
That person is me? hello from future.
Jan 12, 2020 5:39 PM

Jun 2015
I did that to One piece and Fate/stay night. Both are pretty awful and have garbage pacing.
Read Toriko!
Jan 12, 2020 5:41 PM

Aug 2017
Well, it sounds pretty stupid if u ask me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 12, 2020 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
If I watch it any faster than 1X I miss too much of the story.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jan 12, 2020 6:25 PM

Feb 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
My answer is the same as in the other topic: people don't watch for the enjoyment, they watch it so they could say they completed it.

If they are bored so quickly, it's on them to change it and be more patient. If you are in cinema or watch something with your friends, you "must" sit through these parts too.

In quite many movies today, they cut character development scenes for the sake of another generic action scenes, because so many people can't enjoy a few minutes / chapters / scenes of dialogue or daily life etc.

They got the attention span of a goldfish over time and are over satured with thousands of different series and movies that scream "watch me!"
And then there is the fear of missing out too ofc.

Why do people think the only reason that someone will speed up is when the anime is bad? I personally love speeding up the entire show to x1.25ish from the beginning because it enhances a lot of things. Remember anime has a lot less fps (3's, or 8 fps) than western cartoons (2's, or 12 fps) because they're trying to limit their frame-rate and limit cost for more a descriptive scenery/character design. Thus, things such as bending technique, smudging, and panning shots with only mouths moving(conversation scenes) are visible for me, same with other techniques to cheapen the cost.

It was noticeable even back when I watched everything at normal speed, to the point of being uncanny in some parts. Thus, I use x1.25 because it makes the anime a lot more dynamic. Speeding it makes these techniques a lot more seamless, and in general, makes motion look more appealing and less...robotic.

In case of conversations, I watch most anime in sub. Maybe I'm a fast reader, but I never really struggled with x1.25 speed. Heck, I can read a 2-line text for the most part and have plenty of time looking up at the scene and observing it. There are few exceptions like monogatari, which is one of those rare shows I have to turn back to normal speed (the exceptions are not the rule though). Even then, the movement of the characters were more thematic to me, so their movements didn't seem as robotic as many other shows do.
I see the anime in its sped up form in its entirety, so the complaints don't register with me probably because my brain was trained to notice the emotion and message a scene is trying to convey already. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy the anime, it's just the dynamic movement is not often present for many shows. There's a difference between being bored and something looking uncanny.

Also, come to my profile and see my watch time, 9 times less than yours in both amount of shows and days watched. Ain't trying to impress anyone nor am I trying to watch as much as possible.
Lastly, while I do know some people speed up anime to watch as much as possible or are bored, this isn't the only reason out there. I just don't like people saying that it's the only possible reason people do this, and are thus lesser than those who watch anime at normal speed.
Jan 13, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Seijatachiiii said:
honestly, if you watch anime at an increased speed you probably aren't watching anime because you enjoy it, but rather you just want a large list.

if you start to do this, take a break from anime for a bit, because your not enjoying it anymore, are you?

My motivation isn't having a large list..it's gathering knowledge about what happens in an anime faster so I can talk about it with my friends and discuss on a deep analytical level what we like about the shows. Also when you just want to watch a show to make an video essay about it. Also watching the seasonals at higher speed makes it possible to get quicker idea whether or not you like the show and want to continue it. When theres like 9 releases a day like last thursday then thats awesome.

Theres a lot of benefits to speed watching. I mainly use it when I'm completing an anime that was on hold for a while so i can catch up to the point of the story quicker while still getting a vivid image of special scenes I might have forgotten.

1.5x is fun when you use it in moderation-
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

93 by PostMahouShoujo »»
37 seconds ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 9 hours ago

34 by APolygons2 »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 6 hours ago

36 by Siranto1 »»
7 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.