Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' to get Movie Adaptation in Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 9, 2013 6:56 AM

Feb 2010
This is going to be a good way to rewatch the series before season 2.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2013 7:03 AM
Sep 2012
I'll pass on this one. This is like the madoka recaps but madoka is a massive hit than chuuni so i'll just sit back and wait for camrips and the new scenes online. But I can't wait what is in store after the end credits roll. New trailer for season 2 perhaps.
Jun 9, 2013 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
2nd season + movie (recap of 1st season + new), nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 9, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
I'll pass on this one. This is like the madoka recaps but madoka is a massive hit than chuuni so i'll just sit back and wait for camrips and the new scenes online.
Camrip is low quality illegal stuff. I don't hold much expectation for that.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
wow.. now they add movie to their next project... good news to me, cant wait.

Jun 9, 2013 7:09 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Camrip is low quality illegal stuff. I don't hold much expectation for that.

Camrips here in tokyo aren't. Steins;gate dejavu, Aura, NeraGaku, HanaIroha movie. Particularly that Hanasaku camrip. I don't know how they do it.

On topic, I don't even know if i'll buy the bluray release because i haven't bought chuu2koi related stuff.
bippoJun 9, 2013 7:13 AM
Jun 9, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Camrips here in tokyo aren't. Steins;gate dejavu, Aura, NeraGaku, HanaIroha movie. Particularly that Hanasaku camrip. I don't know how they do it.
Are you sure they are camrip, not leaks?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 7:12 AM
Sep 2012
^ Rips. Anime movies are usually out a day after the first roadshow. J-movies are out an hour online after screening. XD
Jun 9, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
Oh well, whatver it is, I'll watch it, its the only thing I've ever enjoyed from KyoAni.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jun 9, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
^ Rips. Anime movies are usually out a day after the first roadshow. J-movies are out an hour online after screening. XD
Could be taken by staff themselves...

Jun 9, 2013 7:20 AM

Sep 2011
I'm only interested in the season 2 not the recap movie
Jun 9, 2013 7:21 AM

Dec 2009
Recap, huh... 90% recap 10% shit?
I watched the trailer without reading the whole news, so I thought they just didn't want to show anything from the movie, oh well.
Jun 9, 2013 7:22 AM

Mar 2012
Well, I'm not the biggest fan of the show but it was enjoyable. That's much, much more than I can say for Tamako Market. So I'm mildly excited
Jun 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Oct 2012
zetsuboSensei said:
So recap movies really are a thing now?

Money is in there boy. Did you think airing in TV they got money?
Jun 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Jun 2008
Recap?
Not interested.
The show was good, but imo not rewatch material.
I would rather wait for second season.
Jun 9, 2013 7:35 AM

Jan 2012
Will not watch if recap
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Jun 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
A bit unexpected, but nice to know
When a show is considered successful, high chance that KyoAni will make a movie from it
Jun 9, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2011
More Chu2 is always welcome
Jun 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
Cedronia said:
A bit unexpected, but nice to know
When a show is considered successful, high chance that KyoAni will make a movie from it
This is the third movie that they've ever made out of all the years they've been around. I don't consider that to be a very high percentage.
Jun 9, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2012
Excuse me while I shriek in happiness.
Jun 9, 2013 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
Not really interested in recaps, but will watch for new scenes.

Guess this means season 2 will be next year.
Jun 9, 2013 8:04 AM

Aug 2011
Huh, I'm somewhat interested. The comedy might just be bearable if it isn't for 10 episodes long. Not expecting too much though.
Jun 9, 2013 8:11 AM

Oct 2007
So this is going to be their key flagship franchise for at least a little bit I take it? I guess when it's about twice or in some cases several times as successful as anything they've released since K-On they've got to take the opportunity.

Well this should quell any more mythology that Kyoani is somehow "above" reusing footage for compilation movies. They're obviously becoming a little bigger recently and refocusing and more in need of supplemental projects like this to keep a steady income. Maybe they can do a retelling of that pretty awful ending arc while they're at it.

zetsuboSensei said:

Recap movie have been a thing since at least the early 2000's, though usually they only tend to get made for entirely original properties not so much for adaptations, though this shows status is something of an ambiguity in that regard.
Jun 9, 2013 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Really? First a second season and now a MOVIE? Duh. Nice job milking it, KyoAni. Let me know if this piece flops in the box office.
Jun 9, 2013 8:17 AM

Jun 2011
From reading the comments, it doesn't seem like this movie is the second season.. I was scared there for a second thinking that this movie will be the sequel they said -.- Luckily it wasn't
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 9, 2013 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
not interested, having to watch the second season of this is bad enough

Mod Edit: Edited to remove trollish adjective.
KinetaJun 10, 2013 2:45 AM
Jun 9, 2013 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Seems like it'll be good advertising for season 2. Can't wait.
Jun 9, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
More Rikka is definitely welcomed.
Jun 9, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2008
Milking hard. Isn't it a little too early to make a recap?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 9, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2010
Still gonna watch this. More KyoAni is always welcome.
Jun 9, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2010
Recap movie? Buuuuu~!

Well, as long as we have second season around, I'm pleased anyway. MOAR DEKOMORIIIII!
Jun 9, 2013 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
BigSimo said:
ugh. kyoani's worst case of milking yet?
Are you a troll or a worst case marketing retard? xDD

They're in it for the money man. Completely logical to me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 9, 2013 8:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Neat! Will definitely watch.

[edit]: Whoops. It's only a recap? Well, with a second season incoming, I can't really be mad at them.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KinetaJun 10, 2013 2:45 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 9, 2013 9:07 AM
May 2013
WTH a movie and season 2? I was planning on rewatching season 1 before season 2 comes out, I'll watch the movie instead now.
Jun 9, 2013 9:11 AM

Sep 2012
cyruz said:
[edit]: Whoops. It's only a recap? Well, with a second season incoming, I can't really be mad at them.
The question is: Compared to absolutely nothing, isn't a recap with NEW FOOTAGE still something to cheer about if you are a fan of the anime?

Jun 9, 2013 9:12 AM
Jul 2012
BigSimo said:
ugh. kyoani's worst case of milking yet?

Movie? Huh true milk milk and more milk to this series.
Jun 9, 2013 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
recap with new footage?
I don't care, just wait for 2nd season, but when?
Jun 9, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
As long as the movie does not become a replacement for second season, I am good. I cannot wait for second season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Doing this kind of film in recent times and quite fashionable! To have a better quality, it would be really difficult already seen the high standards to which we have become accustomed KyoAni, but so be it. The reasons behind this type of production have already been explained, I would just add that the good thing is that maybe these productions, but I think it is not only attributable to this movie, is the fact of adding new material, on the advice of the users, but without upset the anime series and to make perhaps the most intriguing story waiting for the second season.
Jun 9, 2013 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
Recap . . . I just hope it will be as great as the TV series.
I like anime.
Jun 9, 2013 9:43 AM
Aug 2011
I love this show but i'm not a fan of mostly recaps or summaries no matter how much I love the show.

Khalan3 said:
not interested, having to watch the second season of this is bad enough

that's what I will be saying to myself when Refrain comes around

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KinetaJun 10, 2013 2:47 AM
Jun 9, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
I like recap movie since I can't even see the episodes anymore.
Jun 9, 2013 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
My penis is ready.
Jun 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2013
Just finished watching the first season and I liked it. Don't care much about the Movie but it's certainly good for all the Hardcore fans of the series out there.
Jun 9, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
Well, more Chu2Koi can't hurt right?

Jun 9, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
Gonna watch the movie even though I'm not a huge fan of recaps. I'm glad to see Rikka again!
Jun 9, 2013 10:44 AM

May 2009
okkyblight said:
zetsuboSensei said:

Money is in there boy. Did you think airing in TV they got money?

Not so much the TV, but the Blu-Rays definitely made them a lot of money, far more than K-ON!, since they hold the license for Chu2Koi.

I'm definitely interested, even if it'll take to late 2014 till I've seen it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2013 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Great news for Japanese fans, who are understandably the only fans the production committee should care about. But sucks for the rest of us. Second season will very likely air before this movie hits BD, which means people who can't get to a Japanese theater (or who don't want to watch shitty camrips) can't see the new/rewritten material that is supposed to directly set up the sequel. Which means part of the experience is missing for us, and we have to rely on reading a synopsis for people who do see it. Sucks.

Hm, I may just put the second season on-hold until the BD release of the movie then :/
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2013 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
so pretty much it will be like the madoka movies huh?

Jun 9, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
I try to recall an example of a second season of an anime that is hard to understand if a movie before it is not watched first, but I can't. Seeing many second seasons even recap things in the first season or at least try to write the second season in a way that can be approached by people who have not even watched the first season, I do not worry too much about important things being missed just because the movie is not seen. In fact, even in Japan I am sure there will be people, casual fans in particular, who may not go and pay money to watch the movie but will check the 2nd season when it is on TV.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
4 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.