Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2013 12:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Couldn't wait for subs, just watched the raw.

God, the presentation was epic, i loved how it opened with a scene of Wanq Qi's spear, god i miss that guy already ;_;. Time skip is just one year and everyone is looking older, compared to everyone else Sei seems to have been on Steroids or something, he shot up most than anyone. Seems the Feixin unit has become a formidable force during our time away and that bastard that planned Wang Qi's death is back but he's facing another country, Xin seems impatient to get his hands on the guy, there also seems to be controversy with the Lu Buwei, he's planning something i don't know what.

Some relaxing moments as well, a girl was invited to Sei's bed,Sei **************** the girl (go watch perverts), seems the author has no interest in making him a tyrant in this anime, at least for now, also lol at the feixin unit talking about comparing breasts and muscles (think it was breasts, my jap sucks), great to see my girl Qiang Lei too, hope they don't make her moe too much like they did in the OP.

As for the art, Hello budget upgrade, not only has there been zero CG except for distant objects but the hand drawn quality has gone up by alot, i'm sure the CG will be back for large scale battles, in fact it is a necessity. OP was decent, ED was hot.

So much happening in one episode, wish they made the first ep 50 minutes like the 1st season, this show better rank higher than Shingeki no Kyojin by ep 5 or i wont be happy :P (yeah, right!), at least the wait is finally over, a great first ep, the next 38 weeks should be fantastic.
TyrelJan 2, 2016 11:46 PM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 9, 2013 3:36 AM

May 2010
I'm so excited.
Xin's journey on gaining exp & rare equipment has begun!
Thee hee~
Jun 9, 2013 3:37 AM

May 2013
It is annoying to see how people could ignoring a real good story nowadays, and prefer to watch fanservices at all

Shachou said:
I'm so excited.
Xin's journey on gaining exp & rare equipment has begun!
Thee hee~

Dragon quest? lol
Jun 9, 2013 4:11 AM
Aug 2011
ending by Sketchbook just made great anime more greater))
Jun 9, 2013 4:13 AM

Apr 2008
Hell Yeah, we will see the Queen Regent.

I like already the spoil in the opening with Lian Po and his men.
Jun 9, 2013 5:09 AM
May 2013
Seen the episode 1 nice opening and ending song they have..
Only did understand a few bit from the raw..
New characters have appeared also new enemies..
And lastly this:
LiesianthesJun 9, 2013 5:22 AM
Jun 9, 2013 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
Liesianthes said:
And lastly this:

thats 1 of her best pictures so far no doubt. i can see fanarts of her coming out soon after the anime starts out proper

some of you might find this character familiar if you read the manga...meaning they will animate one of the small arcs they skipped last season(picture taken from ending theme)

edit: just finished the episode with chinese subs. i can say this episode is great. they changed the producer and most of the episode was in 2d. even the occasional 3d wasnt that bad. the episode combines some recap of the last season, re-introduction of key characters, some original scenes not seen in the manga and the first few chapters of volume 17. i can say pretty nice job to kick start season 2 of the series.
kingmagaxJun 9, 2013 7:21 AM
Jun 9, 2013 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
Great start as expected. Modifications to character designs(aging) done well, and absolutely loving the 2d. And the 3d wasn't bad at all. OP will take some getting used to, but love the ED. OST was great, and we're already gettin into some real action soon. This is gonna be a wonderful season!
Jun 10, 2013 1:00 AM
Dec 2012
Liesianthes said:
And lastly this:

can't believe they think she a guy.
Jun 10, 2013 1:53 AM

Jul 2010
o finally no more cg overload. Great to see this anime back
Jun 10, 2013 1:59 AM

May 2013
wan85 said:

can't believe they think she a guy.

Well, they could be think she is a pretty boy

It is east asian thing... lol
Jun 10, 2013 2:58 AM

Oct 2011
>3<

So happy to find a community that appreciates Kingdom! T___T
I was so lonely last season 1. Couldn't get any of my friends to watch this show because of the graphics bias. :(

--------------------------

Just finished watching the chinese subs. Can't wait to watch it when it's on English. >___<
Seems like there are a lot of new characters. Haven't followed the continuation in the manga, but i'm starting now. :)

Does anybody here know who is Behei? Thanks!
cklaigheJun 10, 2013 3:48 AM
Jun 10, 2013 7:25 AM

May 2013
cklaighe said:
>3<

So happy to find a community that appreciates Kingdom! T___T
I was so lonely last season 1. Couldn't get any of my friends to watch this show because of the graphics bias. :(

--------------------------

Just finished watching the chinese subs. Can't wait to watch it when it's on English. >___<
Seems like there are a lot of new characters. Haven't followed the continuation in the manga, but i'm starting now. :)

Does anybody here know who is Behei? Thanks!

You aren't alone.... it was a painful experience for me too

Yeah.... for now, just satisfy my self with chinese subs lol

Bihei aka Wei Ping is Xin's friend from his old village.... he lived there before with Piao as servant of chief village.... Wei Ping's most recognized physical trait is his rabbit teeth
Ayouda_MawabeaJun 10, 2013 7:42 AM
Jun 10, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2011
Ayouda_Mawabea said:

You aren't alone.... it was a painful experience for me too

Yeah.... for now, just satisfy my self with chinese subs lol

Bihei aka Wei Ping is Xin's friend from his old village.... he lived there before with Piao as servant of chief village.... Wei Ping's most recognized physical trait is his rabbit teeth

Thanks! I'm getting all confused with the Jap and Chinese names. @__@

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic about subs.
LunaMar 5, 2014 2:58 AM
Jun 14, 2013 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
lol Li Mu gets the word out that he's taking castles in the East, then he shows up in Qin as Zhao PM..sneaky ass

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaMar 5, 2014 2:56 AM
Jun 14, 2013 9:35 PM

May 2012
Waaaa.. I just woke up and checked if Railgun is already out.. and I was sooo surprised that Kingdom 2 is already out!!! Man, I am so happy.

A lot of new characters and they already grown. And less CGI! Pretty decent 1st episode. And they also made a flashback of Wang Xi. Can't wait for more action..

But I was kinda confused with the attendant. What's her purpose for being in the king's room? Haha. She even fell asleep 1st than him.
Jun 14, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2011
rebelakuma said:

But I was kinda confused with the attendant. What's her purpose for being in the king's room? Haha. She even fell asleep 1st than him.

Do you want that answered or wait when it gets explained. :3
BTW. I like that attendant. She's nice and sweet. :3
Jun 14, 2013 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
cklaighe said:
rebelakuma said:

Do you want that answered or wait when it gets explained. :3
BTW. I like that attendant. She's nice and sweet. :3

I like her too. "how should I begin to please you?"
yup
Jun 14, 2013 10:32 PM
May 2013
rebelakuma said:
Waaaa.. I just woke up and checked if Railgun is already out.. and I was sooo surprised that Kingdom 2 is already out!!! Man, I am so happy.

A lot of new characters and they already grown. And less CGI! Pretty decent 1st episode. And they also made a flashback of Wang Xi. Can't wait for more action..

That's what also been going in my mind when I saw that scene and I guess I have a clue after she said on "How should I start to please you?" or something like along those lines. LOL
He Liao Diao being called as a wormbag by Cai Ze looks like mean something that we will see in the later episodes though I'm not sure.
Great Episode, love it. I keep smiling like an idiot while watching the whole episode because of so much excitement waiting for the subs :D
Jun 14, 2013 10:47 PM

Oct 2011
Well, Xiang is one of the Court Ladies. She is supposed to entertain the King but Sei is really a unique one. She does entertain him by relaxing him. ;)

I really love her presence when she is with Sei. :3

----

Just finished watching the subbed version. I really love the fight scenes in classic 2D. XD So epic! So happy to see less 3D. >3< So many tensions building up.
Jun 15, 2013 12:23 AM
Oct 2012
I'm just happy that KINGDOM is back!
Qiang has gotten much more cuter! Is she starting to fall in love with Xin to? :)
Why was she so aware of the sleeve Xin grabbed HUH! :D
Li mu what is he planning maybe a possible truce with Qin?!
Jun 15, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2012
Praise the Lord - the subs are out. Well, I'm really glad Kingdom is back, I was really looking forward to it. The first episode was pretty good, I enjoyed seeing some fighting right from the start. Also is it just me or does Qiang look cuter than before?

Jun 15, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2013
Yeahhhhhh...... Banzai Banzai Banzai!!!!!!

Finally the sub come to us

Xiang is much more plain in manga... in anime, she looks too beautiful

link removed (manga vol 7, chapter 74, page 1)

Also from ending, we will get Zi Xia and her friends appear in anime... awesome

Though, op and ed aren't suited in my opinion

Mod Edit: Please don't link to copyrighted, non-fair use material, for example manga reading sites.
LunaMar 5, 2014 2:55 AM
Jun 15, 2013 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
Qiang x Xin all the way!
Jun 15, 2013 6:37 AM

Apr 2013
Great beginning, although the first half is mostly introduction
Will the attendant play a significant role in the future? Guess I should wait..
The OP is nice and the ending is pretty hot
Btw I'm not used to Xin new chara design yet.... He looks more badass now
Jun 15, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
Ayouda_Mawabea said:

Though, op and ed aren't suited in my opinion

True! Voice of Soul and Pride were the reason i discovered and loved this anime. XD The new OP and ED themes are too boyband-ish. XD The new ED theme is quite nice. As for the new OP. XD Still trying to get used to it.

EP2 raw is out! >3< Need to control myself from watching the raw. XD
Jun 15, 2013 10:37 AM

Aug 2011
OP is meh.
ED is nice.

I feel as though I overhyped this show a bit. It was a good first episode nonetheless, with an exciting cliffhanger. Show looks great this time around. I'm glad the characters are oneyear older, especially the king looks like a boss now.
Jun 15, 2013 6:51 PM

May 2013
cklaighe said:

True! Voice of Soul and Pride were the reason i discovered and loved this anime. XD The new OP and ED themes are too boyband-ish. XD The new ED theme is quite nice. As for the new OP. XD Still trying to get used to it.

EP2 raw is out! >3< Need to control myself from watching the raw. XD

For me, Destiny Sky by Yuki Wakai definitely the best. I got the "feeling" from her song. Somewhat lonely and mellow.

Current soundtrack is just too upbeat and cheerful. I don't think it is suited for military epic story like Kingdom.
Jun 15, 2013 7:18 PM

Apr 2013
rebelakuma said:

The king summoned her. Not sure if you know, but during the time the kings didn't actually choose a wife because they loved her or anything like that. The high power political figures each had a harem and basically summons them to have sex and make babies. Whatever one has a boy, or the first boy, is the one they marry. It is getting time for the king to start trying to make babies. That is the purpose of her being there and why she said "how can I pleasure you". Why the king didn't do anything is a different story.
Jun 15, 2013 7:56 PM

Jul 2011
This new season looks very promising! I like the ED.

5/5
Jun 15, 2013 8:39 PM

May 2011
So happy about the new season starting with this! But ahh, that reminder of what happened to my favorite character from the start. ;_; Still, this season already started off with plenty of tension and some laughs, like it already.
Jun 16, 2013 5:17 AM

May 2010
really loving the op and ed
that was a nice episode
cant wait for all the action
Jun 16, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
I'm glad that the second season of this will run for 39 episodes! I wonder how popular this show is to viewers in Japan.
Jun 18, 2013 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
Yes it's starting again. Our little boys grew up a little and we got some information on what is happening a year from that epic death. Lol at Xin stopping her from going to the toilet.
But the most awesome thing in this episode was the fact that the budget seems to be different. They looked and moved a lot better. Hope is not just a first episode thing.
Sep 15, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. The quality is a lot better in Season 2 than in Season 1.
The CGI is one of the things that prevented me to give the first season a 10/10.
Seems like that might change for this season though.
Mar 21, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2011
Mm, dat new OP song...not bad I guess.

It's awesome to see Qei and Xin back in this tbh and most of the main characters. Hell, even the narrator is badass. That 'bed scene' was pretty awkward though but I still find the overall comedy to be consistent. Hoping to see more action soon but the first episode kicked off this season in a good way imo.
Apr 16, 2014 9:43 PM

Sep 2011
Dat animation.
Apr 23, 2014 5:56 AM

Aug 2013
The OP is terrible.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 7:15 PM

Jun 2012
Looks like the CGI usage has gone down (for now at least) and the overall art has been bumped up. OP and ED were pretty cool for a first listen and it's nice to see all the characters again.

Xin looks notably older and more mature, as well as Zheng and a few other characters. I'm curious though whether or not anyone can fill the void that Wang Qi has left. Time will tell I suppose.
Jun 15, 2014 8:16 AM

Mar 2010
It got a bit hot down there.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 17, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
Im loving this. I wish there was a game like this show. I would play that game every day of the week. 24/7/365 The closest thing I can think of is fire emblem. And thats a damn good series but you cant start as a peasant and make your way up to high general and all that good stuff.

Its been a long time since I watched this so I cant remember if I was before but im definitely shipping Qiang and Xin. And the new maid looks so cute with Zheng i might ship them. Havent decided yet.
Dec 28, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Great start as expected. Modifications to character designs(aging) done well, and absolutely loving the 2d. And the 3d wasn't bad at all. OP will take some getting used to, but love the ED. OST was great, and we're already gettin into some real action soon. This is gonna be a wonderful season!

Agreed.Sei looks really old tho lol.Must be the stress of ruling a nation especially one at war right now
Jan 16, 2015 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
The OP and ED sucks compared to the first season, but at least the aging seems to have been done right
Mar 27, 2015 4:54 PM

Sep 2013
Nothing happened... meh.
Apr 10, 2015 5:39 AM
Mar 2015
Qiang Lei <3<3 love the new ED
good start btw :)
Apr 13, 2015 4:52 PM
Aug 2014
lmao they made Lu Buwei look more corrupted in season 2
Jun 17, 2015 2:14 PM

Dec 2013
New designs, huh? Not a fan of Ei Sei's new look but Kyou Kai is a qtie :3
The episode was slow but I liked it. The bonding in Xin's unit was nice to watch. But it seems it's not gonna stay slow for long, it's the old good Kingdom after all.
Jul 21, 2015 12:19 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah after the layoff, having some recap in this episode is a good thing. I like the more 2D style than the overuse of bad 3D last season.

Looks like Li Mu is going to be a problem right out of the gate.
Oct 11, 2015 7:02 AM

Jun 2009
God damn the animation is so much better in this season. If only it was this good in season one, fucking hell. I'm disappointed that essentially half this episode is a recap but oh well. This season is hitting the ground running.
Dec 15, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
The animation got good!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Mar 1, 2014

145 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.