Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 14, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:
Him being too nice to ladies is one of the common traits every male harem protaganist have. And i don't think it's a bad thing. Origami is a entertaining harem member.
I welcome MC who is too nice to ladies! And this is why I am immune to "Harem MC is bland and spineless" kind of negative thinking X-D And despite the harsh words some say against Origami, I find Origami extremely entertaining. The gap between the "kuu" mannerism and speech style and the ferociously aggressive "dere" approach she takes towards Shido is just pure gold fun X-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 12:03 PM
Apr 2013
Lmao we get another "triple date" this episode. xD
Jun 14, 2013 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
Arlia said:
That part was explained in the novel. Actually when Kotori puts on Black Ribbon she basically kills her true self to fit her role as a commander in charge of saving the damn world. They're several occurrence of Shidou waiting for Kotori to put her black ribbons when shit happens.
She's not as the same level as Yoshino who actually has two distinct personalities.

Thanks for detailed explanation. In anime I can only guess this thing.
(now it can be worthy of checking what color of ribbons Kotori wore in previous episodes and whether she switched them or not)
Jun 14, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2011
NOOOO, I thought this was 13 episodes... >.>
Words can't describe how much I love his imouto. Please be a good end.
Jun 14, 2013 3:49 PM

Dec 2009
Mich666 said:
Thanks for detailed explanation. In anime I can only guess this thing.
(now it can be worthy of checking what color of ribbons Kotori wore in previous episodes and whether she switched them or not)

Pretty sure she only had her white ribbons on in episode 1 though I could be wrong.
Jun 14, 2013 3:56 PM

Mar 2013
Arlia said:
Mich666 said:

On that video - are there two Kotoris? (like in OP?) Good with white ribbons and bad with black ones? Like not only in her mind but in real?

That part was explained in the novel. Actually when Kotori puts on Black Ribbon she basically kills her true self to fit her role as a commander in charge of saving the damn world. They're several occurrence of Shidou waiting for Kotori to put her black ribbons when shit happens.
She's not as the same level as Yoshino who actually has two distinct personalities.

wow now it finally makes sense... I was asking myself the whole time how a innocent girl we saw at the beginning in episode 1 beacomes such a badass commander. The Anime did a bad job not explaining it.

Regarding the Episode I thought it was nice. A bit of Fanservice at the beginning and a nice build-up for the finale. It's gonna be tough to wrap this up in one episode so maybe we'll see a 2nd season?
Jun 14, 2013 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
Magito said:
Him being too nice to ladies is one of the common traits every male harem protaganist have. And i don't think it's a bad thing. Origami is a entertaining harem member.
I welcome MC who is too nice to ladies! And this is why I am immune to "Harem MC is bland and spineless" kind of negative thinking X-D And despite the harsh words some say against Origami, I find Origami extremely entertaining. The gap between the "kuu" mannerism and speech style and the ferociously aggressive "dere" approach she takes towards Shido is just pure gold fun X-D

I totally agree with all that is written above. Let me elaborate.

First off, Origami is a likeable character. As mentioned above, she has a relatively unusual personality and she adds a lot to the fun of this show.

Additionally, I think Shido is an above-average male lead. He gets pushed around a bit but he is dependable when he needs to be. Also, he is a nice guy and he genuinely cares about the feelings of others. I can think of more than a few male leads in harem anime that detract from the quality of the show. Shido does not fall in this category and I would go as far as to say he is an admirable male lead.

I hope this show gets a season 2. According to a post I read online, there are more spirits to be revealed and more fun to be had. I will be watching the sales, anime and light novel, closely and crossing my fingers.
shigeru212Jun 14, 2013 4:17 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 14, 2013 6:55 PM

Feb 2012
Omg please tell me that wasn't Tohka and Yoshino disappearing in the preview :(
Jun 14, 2013 8:36 PM

May 2013
Man nice episode. sad to see it end with its last episode next T_T. I think this will end with an open ending hmmm, I need more tokha and origami lol

I'm really hoping for a season two so........
Tch.
Jun 14, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2012
Another episode riddled with fanservice and absurdities. I'm such a masochist for even trying to finish this series.

1/10
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 14, 2013 9:03 PM

Sep 2012
Mich666 said:

I have been paying attention since ep.1 I think after ep.1 she has never changed color of the ribbon. It is always black.

lightXTC said:
Another episode riddled with fanservice and absurdities. I'm such a masochist for even trying to finish this series.
1/10
If you are real masochist, you should get some high from all this pain, and thus rate this show 10/10 for the high you gained LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
I hope they reveal who was in the picture from the 5 year old footage. The swimsuit thing was pretty boring though. I don't think that they can fit everything in 1 more episode.
I can't say that I want a season 2 either though, cus' I know that there's gonna be more Origami annoying fan service in it, can't stand her at all...
Jun 14, 2013 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
*fanfare*

We have a winner!

Nice episode. And I liked how shidou threw that earpiece away in the end to go on a REAL date with his imouto
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 14, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
I prey for the day when Animes just stop doing *Beach* episode though i know it will never happen :/

seeing this one to the end even if it wasn't that good
Jun 15, 2013 5:43 AM

Nov 2009
Alright episode!!!

I liked the swimsuits that the girls were wearing and Origami was funny as usual competing with Tohka for Shido. So we have a Kotori date and I'm guessing this will be the hardest one she was the commander for Shido's date and not to mention that she is a lot harder to satisfy. Though she seems to be suffering a lot to the point of using doses a lot. The ocean park date was pretty enjoyable and it's good to see Shido cast away his earpiece equipment and use his instincts to save his sister. The AST have a new weapon EW-029 Annihilation Suit which seems to pack a lot of power. Origami has found out about Kotori and is preparing for her revenge.

Looking forward to the last episode!!

5/5

Jun 15, 2013 6:11 AM
Feb 2012
I still can't get used to Kotori. For some reason I don't like her character but that might change next episode. The preview left me a little baffled, though. It seems like Yoshino and Tohka disappear...?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 15, 2013 7:13 AM

Jun 2012
Well so far this anime has been a little disappointing. All the characters do not get a equal amount of screen time. Only one more episodes left plus some OVA's. That said I do not dislike Date A Live, I was just expecting it to be li together a little better.

Now for this episode. It was kinda sad because of what we know is going to happen with Kotori. The only funny part was when he went with option three. Kotori was shocked which was great since she knew he was recieving instructions from everybody else. It was also predictable that he would ditch his communicator. This is definitely going to be shido's most difficult challenge. I can't help but think this anime needed a couple more episodes for the Kotori arc. I know there are still the OVA's but they usually tell backstory or are just fillers that take place after the anime.

3/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 15, 2013 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
Origami explaining Tohka.....!!! Swimsuits...!!! Totally hilarious...!
Jun 15, 2013 8:21 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this episode. I really liked the song that played at the water park. Shido is one lucky bastard. Going on a water slide with Tohka and Kotori in that position. I wish Kurumi was here to join the fun. Only 1 more episode to go. Kurumi better make her appearance in that episode or I'll rage.

5/5
Ragna92Jun 15, 2013 8:27 AM
Jun 15, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2013
I knew it, I knew that the commander is going to choose number 3 rofl.
Nice episode, that swimsuits scene ftw
Jun 15, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2013
lol at Origami when she was begging them nice episode but no Kurumi :(
Jun 15, 2013 5:09 PM
Jun 2013
I don't really get the Origami hate, but then again I haven't read through all of the episode discussions. She is by far the best thing this dull, generic as -bleep- show has to offer. Almost every single scene she's in, she's doing some ridiculously over the top perverted stuff while keeping a straight cold exterior. She IS the funniest character in this show.
I think the only reason so many people don't like her is because the show makes her out to be the antagonist. Oh, well.
snarlmaneJun 15, 2013 5:44 PM
Jun 15, 2013 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
hahaha....at the end yoshino win. lol

still wondering, who the person seen by shido in that video. huft...
Jun 16, 2013 12:13 AM

Jan 2013
snarlmane said:
I don't really get the Origami hate, but then again I haven't read through all of the episode discussions. She is by far the best thing this dull, generic as -bleep- show has to offer. Almost every single scene she's in, she's doing some ridiculously over the top perverted stuff while keeping a straight cold exterior. She IS the funniest character in this show.
Jun 16, 2013 1:32 AM

Sep 2012
Origami is by far more bold in the Light Novel. Her Stalking skill are not to be overlooked.
Jun 16, 2013 2:03 AM

May 2013
omg yoshino.
too bad kurumi wasn't there
Jun 16, 2013 6:42 AM

May 2013
GREAT EPISODE! NO SUB FOR EPISODE 12!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NEED MOAR!

STUPID CLIFF HANGER ENDINGS!
Jun 16, 2013 8:15 AM

May 2010
The whole thing is a bit boring but at least the swimsuit service is not so bad( although Kurumi is still a lot better than them)with exception of the trio bitches especially the glasses girl, they annoyed the hell out of me more than Shido
MyAmyJun 16, 2013 8:41 AM
Jun 16, 2013 8:21 AM

Aug 2012
Meh, a boring episode for me. But Yoshino is damn cute in this one. Now I wonder how they'll handle the last episode. I can't say I'm looking forward to it though.
Jun 16, 2013 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
SWIMSUIT EPISODE,

anyway, considering this is before the last ep, i start to feel bad for kotori, considering this would be her *last* moment with shido and the preview... are the spirits starts to fade?

the piano theme makes me cryy, this is truly the moments before the end...

i have no regrets not reading the LN beforehand,
Jun 16, 2013 12:01 PM

May 2013
kyanumu said:
SWIMSUIT EPISODE,

anyway, considering this is before the last ep, i start to feel bad for kotori, considering this would be her *last* moment with shido and the preview... are the spirits starts to fade?

the piano theme makes me cryy, this is truly the moments before the end...

i have no regrets not reading the LN beforehand,

I went into this one blind as well, last time I did that was clannad a d clannad: after story.... (There was a lot of ":'( )
Jun 17, 2013 11:23 AM

May 2012
WOW Tohka was extra cute in this episode during the swimsuit service part.

It seems like we're never going to see Kurumi again this season...that sucks.
Jun 18, 2013 5:14 AM

May 2013
Anyone knows the song at the pool?
Jun 18, 2013 5:27 AM

Dec 2012
question to LN readers :
who is Ratatoskr founder/owner?
at first i thought it's belong to Kotori Family
Jun 18, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2012
I liked how all of them booked in their swimsuits ^^

Still pretty lame dating, especially with Shido =/

Jun 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Oct 2012
Great fan service episode (Yoshino was so damn cute in her swimsuit ^^) but with only one episode i feel like they are gonna waste the ending because there so much left about Shido and Kotori date, Origami wanting her revenge and Kurumi which haven't reappeared yet .
Jun 20, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
Man... if they were planning to dump Kurumi from the rest of the show they should have just made her turn good so she could go with them to the water park. This episode literally would have been perfect for her. ;-;

BUT overall, was a pretty good episode regardless.
Jun 21, 2013 9:38 AM
Jul 2009
I must be one of the only people that dislike Origami. She throws her reasoning skills and good judgment out the window for the sake of bloodlustful revenge--not even doing that right, because she doesn't think straight in ways other than "kill spirit". She just causes problems for herself (almost got killed by Tohka early on, later Kurumi) and others (blazes Shido through the chest with a sniper rifle earlier in the series).

She looks nowhere near as good as Tohka, on top of that. What's the appeal? o_o
Jun 21, 2013 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
I was thinking "please don't turn ultra serious on me" and I'm glad it didn't. Still plenty of trolling to keep me entertained and the serious scenes are also done pretty good, they don't try to make them ultra serious which would make them silly and chiché as hell. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Gigaknight said:
I must be one of the only people that dislike Origami. She throws her reasoning skills and good judgment out the window for the sake of bloodlustful revenge--not even doing that right, because she doesn't think straight in ways other than "kill spirit". She just causes problems for herself (almost got killed by Tohka early on, later Kurumi) and others (blazes Shido through the chest with a sniper rifle earlier in the series).

She looks nowhere near as good as Tohka, on top of that. What's the appeal? o_o

I agree.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 21, 2013 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
this is depressing. What the eff was good about generic harem anime #104 that it deserves a 2nd season? So many other series that deserve a 2nd or 3rd season but crap like this gets support instead.
Jun 22, 2013 5:24 AM

Oct 2012
Lol @ pervert Kyouhei and his voice looks perfectly pervert
This definitely felt a bit like filler.. but oh well
Next ep it's the last ep...
I hope it has good or even great conclusion :)
"Signature removed"
Jun 26, 2013 11:04 AM

Sep 2012
awwwwwh i was hoping to see Kurumi in a swimsuit this episode,
mmm regaurdless fair episode, thought ther'd be more ecchi ness,

but seeing Murasame in a swimsuit is fine by me.(●´∀`●)
Jun 27, 2013 9:35 AM

May 2011
Yeahhhhh a pool and swimsuit episode ftw. Everyone looked great respectively and lol that whole scene in the store was hilarious. Red, strong, and dwah~ haha Tohka is just too adorable. And Yoshino hnngggg.

Awww Kotori just wants to enjoy this last date with her brother despite the way she acts unimpressed about everything. It is so cute to see her flash her true emotions every once in a while though like being jealous of the others. Gj to Shido for taking control of the date himself. And that preview music just felt so sad.
Jul 26, 2013 4:59 PM

May 2012
Oh boy Origami knows now... and damn that fan service was the best, the HNNGG factor with Yoshino sure is high! Well either way lovely episode, so lets see what the last episode of this first season has to offer!
Jul 29, 2013 5:55 PM

May 2011
Who's the blur that Shido was referring to when he was watching the incident from five years ago?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2013 7:40 PM

Jun 2011
I already expected that Shidou would take off his receiver, but did not expect him to treat it so lightly, and throw it on the floor, meh.

Tohka was funny in this episode, her description of the Efreet, "It was.. red.." LOL Of course it was red, it's fire after all lolol
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 25, 2013 7:12 AM
May 2013
A decent episode , I could have been better ...
Nov 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
In the next episode, the AST fucks shit up for no good reason.

Meanwhile, they hold off until the last day to do their date thing cause why not.

*shrug*
Dec 20, 2013 12:43 AM

Jun 2013
This episode is a fanservice thing.
But I can't deny the girls are hot and sexy.
Poor Shidou. But duh, he's lucky because the girls are in love with him.
OHMY. THE NEXT, OR WE SAY THE LAST, EPISODE WOULD BE:
KOTORI VS. ORIGAMI.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

338 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 10, 8:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.