Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 9, 2013 11:51 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
ssjokg said:
wakka9ca said:
JacobGrey93 said:
wakka9ca said:
CreationBreaker said:
wakka9ca said:
JacobGrey93 said:

@wakka9ca I would say that most people define a character's strength being their ability to defeat other characters and to what extent.

In that case you don't need physical strength. The one able to manipulate everyone to kill each other is the strongest character.

The issue with that is that Misaki, who would be the one to manipulate everyone, would still fail against Mikoto, #2, Accelerator, and most likely, Mugino.

We know too little about the #7's power to say anything about it in that respect.

I'm not talking about Misaki. I was referring to fact that raw power does not necessarily mean the strongest.

Also, there are some magic that do not deal with the science side of the powers so some grimoire-level magic might be able to control and manipulate Level 5 without them even noticing it.

Ultimately yeah, I would say that whoever can manipulate everyone to their deaths IS the strongest in a sense. In Death Note, Misa had more power than Light with her having the Shinigami eyes but Light was a lot smarter than her and so he was technically stronger than her as she became his pawn.

That is why mind control is one of the most feared power. A true mastermind is one whose existence itself is unknown to everyone. If your existence is unknown, you have no enemies. Thus, no opposition from heroes-wannabes. :)
Too bad that we dont have anyone like that in Raildex.Everyone has at least one enemy that knows his/her existence.

Well we might have one. You never know. The point is that the existence remains a secret. It wouldn't be good in a storytelling point of view but it's more useful in practical situations.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
ssjokg said:
wakka9ca said:
JacobGrey93 said:
wakka9ca said:
CreationBreaker said:
wakka9ca said:
JacobGrey93 said:

@wakka9ca I would say that most people define a character's strength being their ability to defeat other characters and to what extent.

In that case you don't need physical strength. The one able to manipulate everyone to kill each other is the strongest character.

The issue with that is that Misaki, who would be the one to manipulate everyone, would still fail against Mikoto, #2, Accelerator, and most likely, Mugino.

We know too little about the #7's power to say anything about it in that respect.

I'm not talking about Misaki. I was referring to fact that raw power does not necessarily mean the strongest.

Also, there are some magic that do not deal with the science side of the powers so some grimoire-level magic might be able to control and manipulate Level 5 without them even noticing it.

Ultimately yeah, I would say that whoever can manipulate everyone to their deaths IS the strongest in a sense. In Death Note, Misa had more power than Light with her having the Shinigami eyes but Light was a lot smarter than her and so he was technically stronger than her as she became his pawn.

That is why mind control is one of the most feared power. A true mastermind is one whose existence itself is unknown to everyone. If your existence is unknown, you have no enemies. Thus, no opposition from heroes-wannabes. :)
Too bad that we dont have anyone like that in Raildex.Everyone has at least one enemy that knows his/her existence.

Well we might have one. You never know. The point is that the existence remains a secret. It wouldn't be good in a storytelling point of view but it's more useful in practical situations.
In the novels we have reached the point where there cant be anyone behind the "big shots".Unless that mastermind is the #6 who IS shrouded in mystery,I think that it would be a bad idea from the author to introduce such a character NOW after 31 volumes and some side stories.
Jun 9, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
wakka9ca said:
JacobGrey93 said:
wakka9ca said:
CreationBreaker said:
wakka9ca said:
JacobGrey93 said:

All of the characters... that we know of! *Dramatic music followed by sharp intakes of breath*

But yeah, how much would you hate to be the clever villain who plans everything out perfectly only to lose to a teenager sporting shounen hax? If it were the hero with the plan being ruined by a villain with hax, we'd be like "Oh, fuck off... Dropped" the double standard continues...
JacobGrey93Jun 9, 2013 12:22 PM
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!
Araragi: *Clueless look* Thanks?

Bakemonogatari, Episode 5.
Jun 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
JacobGrey93 said:

All of the characters... that we know of! *Dramatic music followed by sharp intakes of breath*

But yeah, how much would you hate to be the clever villain who plans everything out perfectly only to lose to a teenager sporting shounen hax? If it we the hero with the plan we'd be like "Oh, fuck off... Dropped" the double standard continues...
See my post above.

But all the clever villains till now, either lost by everyones' combined power(the shounen way),wanted to lose or didnt lose yet.

I dont get the double stanndard part.
I dont remember seeing such a reaction before.
Jun 9, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:

But yeah, how much would you hate to be the clever villain who plans everything out perfectly only to lose to a teenager sporting shounen hax? If it we the hero with the plan we'd be like "Oh, fuck off... Dropped" the double standard continues...
See my post above.

But all the clever villains till now, either lost by everyones' combined power(the shounen way),wanted to lose or didnt lose yet.

Sorry, it was poorly written. I mean that there are two types of villain: the smart villain and the strong villain (or smart and strong, I suppose). The smart villains tend to set up an elaborate plot to ensnare the hero and win, but then the hero wins anyway because... courage and/or friendship.

My point was, what if it were the other way around and the hero plotted to beat the villain but then the villain just shouted "courage" and won against all the odds, much like many heroes generally do. Like Kirito of SAO, or most battle manga heroes.

I did see the post, but it was after I'd posted mine. I opened up a few threads and forgot to refresh this one before I posted.
Hachikuji: Araragi-san, you don't look even the least bit apologetic. You should at least say something after touching a girl's delicate chest!

Jun 9, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
JacobGrey93 said:
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:

See my post above.

Sorry, it was poorly written. I mean that there are two types of villain: the smart villain and the strong villain (or smart and strong, I suppose). The smart villains tend to set up an elaborate plot to ensnare the hero and win, but then the hero wins anyway because... courage and/or friendship.

My point was, what if it were the other way around and the hero plotted to beat the villain but then the villain just shouted "courage" and won against all the odds, much like many heroes generally do. Like Kirito of SAO, or most battle manga heroes.

I did see the post, but it was after I'd posted mine. I opened up a few threads and forgot to refresh this one before I posted.

I would like to see that.Although instead of "courage" I would like some sneer or evil laugh(but not this )
Jun 9, 2013 12:49 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:

See my post above.

I would like to see that.Although instead of "courage" I would like some sneer or evil laugh(but not this )

Nah, people would hate it. It'd be a god reversal of the shounen genre as a whole and potentially change things but it'd be irritating for the audience who're invested in the hero.

That video is creepy as hell, he sounds like he's being exorcised.

Jun 9, 2013 12:52 PM

Aug 2009
JacobGrey93 said:
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:

See my post above.

Nah, people would hate it. It'd be a god reversal of the shounen genre as a whole and potentially change things but it'd be irritating for the audience who're invested in the hero.

I would like it anyway.As long as the hero doesnt lose in stupid way(oh look here is a weakness that just so happens to appear now).

THe one part about Accelerator that I dont like at all.But at the same time I wont to give credit to his VA.
Jun 9, 2013 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:
ssjokg said:
JacobGrey93 said:

See my post above.

I would like it anyway.As long as the hero doesnt lose in stupid way(oh look here is a weakness that just so happens to appear now).

THe one part about Accelerator that I dont like at all.But at the same time I wont to give credit to his VA.

Oh, I wouldn't mind the protagonist losing at all, I meant that losing through shounen hax would really wind up an audience despite the fact that the battle genre pretty much depends on shounen hax for its heroes.

Jun 9, 2013 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
Marina2 said:
JustALEX said:
Mugino is such a cunt!

Can't even fight her own battles....she needs a psychotic loli and some despondent bitch to help her.

Oh well, looking forward to next week.

It's called teamwork and friendship......

If only.
Jun 9, 2013 11:20 PM

Apr 2011
ssjokg said:
There is no way for that clone to BE in the Daihaseisai arc.Not to mention that Shinobu didnt do ANYTHING before this part.

ALL the Misaka clones have the same "level" of emotions.What is different is how much they show and understand.

Eh the clones' brains are very much like PCs...And Last Order stopped the connection not the "uploading".

My head hurts. Let me say it again:

Shinobu Installed the emotion-trigger program on one of MISAKA clone which appeared briefly in this episode (IN THIS VERY EPISODE. IT WAS HINTED IN THAT VERY ROOM FOR PETE's SAKE STOP BEING IGNORANT!!) and Daihaseisai arc (I forgot her serial number, sorry. I don't have the data, so maybe you should rewatch Index II once more). Then it was supposedly spread trough MISAKA network, but Last Order intercept (AGAIN, "INTERCEPT" IT!!) it so it won't spread further.

So, the only MISAKA clones with developed emotions (due to be contaminated (OR EXPOSED) by Shinobu's program) are just MISAKA 20001 and one more which I forgot.

Which part of my explanation that uncomprehensible? Also, Daihaseisai event (Fall) is AFTER this arc (Summer).

Also, technically, all MISAKA clones (Including Last Order) are HUMANs. NOT A GODDAMN PC. DON'T YOU EVER LEARN ANYTHING FROM YOUR HIGHSCHOOL?
Jun 10, 2013 12:00 AM

May 2012
This episode was Super-Super. lol but that super girl is annoying. I do like the other 3 Item girls tho.

Keep it up JC Staff.
Jun 10, 2013 4:23 AM

Aug 2009
allflying said:
stuff that never happened...

Shinobu NEVER TRIED to install an emotion-trigger program before this part of the story.That didnt change both in the anime AND manga.If you read CLOSELY what she says, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SHE TRIES TO INSTALL IT.Hell if she HAD done that before, the program would have gone to ALL the Sisters,that are already born, because of the MISAKA Network(assuming that Last Order didnt stop it first if she was even made back then).It's not only Last Order that can send "signals" to the others.That is the point of Radio Noise.
Also that one MISAKA is dead so she CANT BE in the Daihaseisai arc.The MISAKA that is in the festival is #10032 aka MISAKA Imouto.Also,chronologically,Imouto appears for the first time during the Sisters arc of Index.NOT in a flashback of Railgun's Sisters arc.You want another reason why Imouto CANT be that Sister?Because at that point of time,when Shinobu saw that the Sisters COULD develop emotions #10032 wasnt even born.That is a fact from what is stated by the women scientists in ep4 when 9982 was born.

Once more, Last Order cut the CONNECTION before the data were even "uploaded".And even IF some of the program WAS uploaded it wouldnt work because it would be incomplete...you know... basic stuff that you should know if you have a PC.

We are talking about clones that had viruses and programs "installed" in their brains.Yes they definitely have normal brains.Maybe watching Index I and Index II helps you understand this.
ssjokgJun 10, 2013 5:12 AM
Jun 10, 2013 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
How many laws of physics are violated in this episode lol.
Conservation of Energy - broken
Conservation of Momentum - broken (the green beam should be traveling in opposite directions...
Conservation of Charge - broken (or I don't see where the positrons are)
Jun 10, 2013 5:43 AM

Feb 2009
@ssjokg
Actually, he's right.
I just saw someone point it out in another forum. Basically,

This Misaka didn't show up on Daihaseisai though but on the Sept 30 attack(vol12).
Even so, it would still be too late as
So yeah.
Jun 10, 2013 6:25 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
@ssjokg
Actually, he's right.
I just saw someone point it out in another forum. Basically,

This Misaka didn't show up on Daihaseisai though but on the Sept 30 attack(vol12).
Even so, it would still be too late as
So yeah.

That is IF the number does correspond to a MISAKA.This shows 5 digit numbers too but

And IF it was true(aside from the fact that everything else he said above was BS)the Sisters still acted like before Shinobu's attempt, so she failed.
It doesnt make sense,since the program would be uploaded starting from the smallest number to the last,that #10032(
) didnt show anything more than #9982 did.Also there is Radio Noise.Even if only one MIKASA had the program the others would get it too.But as I said before they didnt show anything.

The Sisters' didnt start to "fully" show and understand emotions till after
.From the MISAKA that Shinobu talked to and from #9982 we KNOW that they DO have emotions anyway.The problem is how much they can understand and/or show.

And I find it hard to believe that Last Order would be so slow to stop the program untill it reached the final 911.
edwd2 said:
Conservation of Momentum - broken (the green beam should be traveling in opposite directions...

You do now that this is a show about ESPers right?
ssjokgJun 10, 2013 7:08 AM
Jun 10, 2013 7:18 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Epic, but very unfair fight. Also Misaka has used much of her power. It would be a unfair fight against Meltdowner.
Jun 10, 2013 7:31 AM

Mar 2012
edwd2 said:

Explain the conservation of energy issue. I don't understand what you mean by "the green beam should be traveling in opposite directions". Are positrons even necessarily visible?

Moreover, do you understand how ESPer powers work in To Aru? Moreover, do you understand how Mugino's ESPer power works? (Here's a hint: Wave Functions) If not, then you can't say that any of these laws are violated. I can tell that you are just assuming that she is doing some Kamehameha type attack.
Ashen_MikoJun 10, 2013 8:04 AM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jun 10, 2013 7:49 AM

Apr 2011
This episode flew by! But seriously it felt way too short. Misaka was awesome too! All that jumping on walls and stuff was epic.
Jun 10, 2013 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
edwd2 said:

Explain the conservation of energy issue. I don't understand what you mean by "the green beam should be traveling in opposite directions". Are positrons even necessarily visible?

Moreover, do you understand how ESPer powers work in To Aru? Moreover, do you understand how Mugino's ESPer power works? (Here's a hint: Wave Functions) If not, then you can't say that any of these laws are violated. I can tell that you are just assuming that she is doing some Kamehameha type attack.

But the Kamehameha attack uses the power of the users life force/spirit so it doesnt violate any law.jk
Jun 10, 2013 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
Numi said:
Finally watched with subs this time. Oh my goodness Frenda is absolutely adorable as she's de-numbing herself. And her being weirded out by how nice Mugino was being. <3

word of advice don't get attached to Fren/da......

edwd2 said:

ya nevermind acclerator who can bend vectors around his finger tips.

espers don't fallow the laws of physics they bend them to there will XD
GrimAtramentJun 10, 2013 11:22 AM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 10, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
hazerddex said:
Numi said:
Finally watched with subs this time. Oh my goodness Frenda is absolutely adorable as she's de-numbing herself. And her being weirded out by how nice Mugino was being. <3

edwd2 said:

I never cared about her in Index and I hated her when I saw her personality in Railgun.
Weird that noone called her a mass murdering freak like a certain cripple
Jun 10, 2013 11:38 AM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

edwd2 said:

I never cared about her in Index and I hated her when I saw her personality in Railgun.

ya personally my favorite out of item would be Kinuhata Saiai
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 10, 2013 11:41 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

It's the double standards of Railgun fans [purists]. They can fall in love a killer who is a cute loli because she is a cute loli but they will never forgive or even acknowledge someone like Accelerator who actually tries to atone for his actions later on.

hazerddex said:

edwd2 said:

espers don't fallow[sic] the laws of physics they bend them to there will XD

Well, it's more like that guy thinks the breaking of physical laws is accidental when it is the whole basis behind the Personal Reality which is central to ESPer powers and the reason behind the distortions which are addressed in Index.

Jun 10, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2009
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

edwd2 said:

Rikou for me.But Kinuhata is very funny. Especially when she is with Hamazura.
Jun 10, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

edwd2 said:

Rikou.But Kinuhata is very funny. Especially when she is with Hamazura.

ITEM is pretty cool when Hamazura enters the picture (basically only in Index NT). Otherwise, with the exception of Rikou, they're all pretty fucked up...even more than Accelerator before Last Order.

Jun 10, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

edwd2 said:

ITEM is pretty cool when Hamazura enters the picture (basically only in Index NT). Otherwise, with the exception of Rikou, they're all pretty fucked up...even more than Accelerator before Last Order.
I think that Rikou is fucked up too.Some of her remarks like later on
are just weird.Well it is hinted that she is a
but anyway.
I dont agree with the last part.
Jun 10, 2013 11:48 AM

Feb 2010
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

edwd2 said:

i find Kinuhata Saiai less fucked up as she acualy cares about her allies in ITEM
unlike ITEM's heartless leader.

Jun 10, 2013 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
Em did we discuss this again?Because I am having a serious case of deja vu.
Jun 10, 2013 11:54 AM

Mar 2012
hazerddex said:
CreationBreaker said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
hazerddex said:
Numi said:

edwd2 said:

i find Kinuhata Saiai less fucked up as she acualy cares about her allies in ITEM
unlike ITEM's heartless leader.

I kinda meant as a group, they are pretty fucked up but you're right about Saiai.

ssjokg said:
Em did we discuss this again?Because I am having a serious case of deja vu.

I don't think so. We never discussed how screwy ITEM was before...

Jun 10, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
WHo cares about Fre nda anyway?
Fremea all the way Nyah
Jun 10, 2013 12:08 PM

Feb 2010
ssjokg said:
Fremea all the way Nyah

Fremea is so adorable though its sad how
GrimAtramentJun 10, 2013 12:14 PM

Jun 10, 2013 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
Fremea all the way Nyah

Well Komaba

And she is lucky about Fre nda
Also shouldnt you spoiler that?
Jun 10, 2013 12:14 PM

Mar 2012
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
Fremea all the way Nyah

Needs moar Fremea.

Reminds me of how blunt Mugino was when
That was quite the first impression.

ssjokg said:

Well Komaba

Seeing that scene in Index II is pretty painful once you are introduced to Fremea in NT. On another note, isn't this discussion getting quite off topic?

Jun 10, 2013 12:17 PM

Feb 2010
CreationBreaker said:
hazerddex said:
ssjokg said:
Fremea all the way Nyah

Needs moar Fremea.

Reminds me of how blunt Mugino was when
That was quite the first impression.

ssjokg said:

Well Komaba

Seeing that scene in Index II is pretty painful once you are introduced to Fremea in NT. On another note, isn't this discussion getting quite off topic?

lol best introductions ever

any way back on topic can't wait for ep 10 :D

also i always find it funny for some wan't called the atom breaker mugino sure is low ranked XD
GrimAtramentJun 10, 2013 12:27 PM

Jun 10, 2013 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
Exhilarating episode. Misaka might not be a match for Item working as a unit in this terrain (where Frenda's trap are all over the place). Btw, it's ironic that Frenda, a level zero esper, contributed the most to Miska's losing strength. Seriously, how many fluffy bomb does this girl have? :)

If Misaka were a bit more strategic about reserving her strength, she would have run back to the place where Frenda's traps have been detonated. Only there would she be able to move around without worrying about bombs, conserving her energy in the process. Granted that her strategy involves around destroying the facility so she has to move to new rooms, but it may be even better to let Item mess up the place (as they are doing right now LOL) so bad that it's inoperable. Then Misaka can leave XD

Regarding Shinobu's situation, Last Order obviously has to be there to mess up her installation program :) Shinobu is pretty good at martial arts despite being such a frail scientist. Needless to say, all other frail guys and gals in this anime are monsters. Touma and Mugino might have the most normal build for their power level.

That super-girl Saiai's defensive armor is a bit similar to Accelerator's vector power in that it block harmful projectiles from reaching her. However, she cannot reflect them back or control objects like that monstrous sonofabitch XD
ThangLongJun 10, 2013 11:22 PM
Jun 11, 2013 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
ThangLong said:
Exhilarating episode. Misaka might not be a match for Item working as a unit in this terrain (where Frenda's trap are all over the place). Btw, it's ironic that Frenda, a level zero esper, contributed the most to Miska's losing strength. Seriously, how many fluffy bomb does this girl have? :)

If Misaka were a bit more strategic about reserving her strength, she would have run back to the place where Frenda's traps have been detonated. Only there would she be able to move around without worrying about bombs, conserving her energy in the process. Granted that her strategy involves around destroying the facility so she has to move to new rooms, but it may be even better to let Item mess up the place (as they are doing right now LOL) so bad that it's inoperable. Then Misaka can leave XD

Regarding Shinobu's situation, Last Order obviously has to be there to mess up her installation program :) Shinobu is pretty good at martial arts despite being such a frail scientist. Needless to say, all other frail guys and gals in this anime are monsters. Touma and Mugino might have the most normal build for their power level.

That super-girl Saiai's defensive armor is a bit similar to Accelerator's vector power in that it block harmful projectiles from reaching her. However, she cannot reflect them back or control objects like that monstrous villain that’s no better than a piece of shit.XD

FIXED.
Jun 11, 2013 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
ThangLong said:

That super-girl Saiai's defensive armor is a bit similar to Accelerator's vector power in that it block harmful projectiles from reaching her. However, she cannot reflect them back or control objects like that monstrous sonofabitch XD

DAT sexy Offense Armor. You know, for someone who hasn't read the novels, you're close to correct about the origins of Saiai's power.

Jun 11, 2013 8:22 AM

Feb 2009
CreationBreaker said:
ThangLong said:

DAT sexy Offense Armor. You know, for someone who hasn't read the novels, you're close to correct about the origins of Saiai's power.
Notice also that the sound effect of the Offense Armor sounded the same as Accelerator's reflection back when he fought #9982.
Intentional or not ;)
Jun 11, 2013 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
CreationBreaker said:
ThangLong said:

Notice also that the sound effect of the Offense Armor sounded the same as Accelerator's reflection back when he fought #9982.
Intentional or not ;)

It's probably intentional. After all, we know what the Dark May Project was meant for.
I wonder of Kuroyoru will have similar sound effects when she uses her ability.

Jun 11, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one that never liked that sound effect?Why is it even there?Then again his redirection looks like a barrier in many scenes.
Even Touma's IB sounds nothing like the LN descriptions.
Jun 11, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2012
that meltdowner and stalker

i wanna see next episode so fast ^^
Jun 13, 2013 5:16 AM

Apr 2009
That was some pretty intense dodging action right there. Fortunately for both parties (or maybe not) they didn't know each others' identities initially. Not knowing who Mikoto is at first helped the Railgun make the best out of a disadvantageous 3v1 situation by keeping ITEM guessing on the extent of her abilities until they realize who she is - preventing them from formulating an effective counter strategy against her early on.

On the other hand, it seems Shinobu has failed with her sabotage plan as the fourth member of ITEM was there to help thwart her attempt, while the discovery of an unexpected level of security (by Last Order, perhaps?) in the MISAKA network ruined her chance to help halt the project.

Next comes the actual showdown between the Railgun and the Meltdowner. Mikoto, however seems close to exhaustion, and this is sure to be a factor in their inevitable fight. Seeing them both fight at 100% health might make for a good spectacle, but the priority is on story over spectacle, as it should.
Jun 13, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
SayakaMagica said:
That was some pretty intense dodging action right there. Fortunately for both parties (or maybe not) they didn't know each others' identities initially. Not knowing who Mikoto is at first helped the Railgun make the best out of a disadvantageous 3v1 situation by keeping ITEM guessing on the extent of her abilities until they realize who she is - preventing them from formulating an effective counter strategy against her early on.

On the other hand, it seems Shinobu has failed with her sabotage plan as the fourth member of ITEM was there to help thwart her attempt, while the discovery of an unexpected level of security (by Last Order, perhaps?) in the MISAKA network ruined her chance to help halt the project.

Next comes the actual showdown between the Railgun and the Meltdowner. Mikoto, however seems close to exhaustion, and this is sure to be a factor in their inevitable fight. Seeing them both fight at 100% health might make for a good spectacle, but the priority is on story over spectacle, as it should.
Yes it is Last Order.
Jun 14, 2013 2:29 AM
May 2013
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
CreationBreaker said:
Mugino is more powerful (raw power). Her power is just less stable, that's all.
Plus,

Not to mention, #7 caught Mikoto's Railgun with his TEETH. His TEETH!
Misaka fans won't let this go you know. They want their waifu to be the strongest one ;)

But yeah, we need to establish a criteria first for this argument. Is it only the damage/power output, their overall fighting ability and some other stuff. Then we can probably work this out. Though we'll only be arguing about Mugino, Misaka and #7 so it really wouldn't be much of a discussion as the top 2 are already set in stone.

Misaka has more moves but Mugino is ruthless as seen in Railgun(and Index).It comes down to whoever hits(a serious hit) first wins.
#7>Misaka or Mugino

#7 is supposed to be stronger than Accelerator once his power is fully awake.
As for his catch of Misaka's railgun, I remember it was mentioned that Misaka did not shoot the railgun at her full strength, but more play-like thing. Anyway, both of them did not meant to hurt each other. Little reference could be taken from this fight scene.

My ranking: Accelerator>>Dark Matter>>>Railgun>Meltdowner>>>Mental out
and #7 is special

No.1 and No.2 is supposed to be much more powerful than the rest (except the special #7), Railgun and Meltdowner is close, but Misaka has advantages over #4 due to her power's wide application, high flexibility and various attack/defense methods.

The queen is surely the weakest so far.
BilibillimisakaJun 14, 2013 2:33 AM
Jun 14, 2013 8:51 AM

Aug 2009
Bilibillimisaka said:
ssjokg said:
belatkuro said:
CreationBreaker said:
Mugino is more powerful (raw power). Her power is just less stable, that's all.
Plus,

Not to mention, #7 caught Mikoto's Railgun with his TEETH. His TEETH!
Misaka fans won't let this go you know. They want their waifu to be the strongest one ;)

But yeah, we need to establish a criteria first for this argument. Is it only the damage/power output, their overall fighting ability and some other stuff. Then we can probably work this out. Though we'll only be arguing about Mugino, Misaka and #7 so it really wouldn't be much of a discussion as the top 2 are already set in stone.

Misaka has more moves but Mugino is ruthless as seen in Railgun(and Index).It comes down to whoever hits(a serious hit) first wins.
#7>Misaka or Mugino

#7 is supposed to be stronger than Accelerator once his power is fully awake.
As for his catch of Misaka's railgun, I remember it was mentioned that Misaka did not shoot the railgun at her full strength, but more play-like thing. Anyway, both of them did not meant to hurt each other. Little reference could be taken from this fight scene.

My ranking: Accelerator>>Dark Matter>>>Railgun>Meltdowner>>>Mental out
and #7 is special

No.1 and No.2 is supposed to be much more powerful than the rest (except the special #7), Railgun and Meltdowner is close, but Misaka has advantages over #4 due to her power's wide application, high flexibility and various attack/defense methods.

The queen is surely the weakest so far.

I dont remember that being stated anywhere.I DO remember that
but nothing about Accelerator.Although it makes sense if his powers arent of the science side.
As for that Railgun,as I said before it still doesnt change that he caught it.And if we go with the above #7>>#3.

Well that is what I said above.

I think Kamachi is messing with us with keeping #6 unknown for so long.It ruins the powerlevel rank discussions XD

But anyway, her
would dominate them all if she ever becomes a Level 5.
Jun 14, 2013 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
season 2 is so much more faithful to the manga

and after watching this, my liking for Mikoto has multiplied by... Multitudes, than the her that I saw in Index

That girl that kept on saying "super" kind of annoyed me, at least teh translation did.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 15, 2013 12:32 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
The "super" girl can use the nitrogen in the air to creat a great shield for defence.

I would like to know what kind of attack she cannot block.
Jun 15, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
Cyanwasserstoff said:
The "super" girl can use the nitrogen in the air to creat a great shield for defence.

Nitrogen shield huh?

How about a punch in the face?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 15, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Nitrogen shield huh?

How about a punch in the face?
Result:Same as someone other than Touma punching Accelerator.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.