Forum Settings
Forums

BL Adult Visual Novel 'NO, THANK YOU!!!' to get OVA Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 7, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
Ash-Falls-Town said:
Isn't the point that
1. It's being marketed towards fujoshi
2. It has character designs which generally aren't popular among fujoshi

That's exactly the point we've been trying to make, while the company and the advertisement imply that it targets fujoshi, the content and design doesn't look like something many fujoshi are fond of. we're just being real here, sure some may like hairy old muscular men, but most don't, it's not a secret, its common knowledge to people like us who're familiar with this stuff.
Jun 7, 2013 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
Is this... bara?

Idfc, I'M IN
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 7, 2013 10:04 PM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one who thought K-On when you glance at the title? XD
Jun 8, 2013 2:43 AM

Jun 2010
No, thank you.
Jun 8, 2013 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
Downgrade355 said:
Lol actually you can date all 4 guys in there, including the two oyajis.

In game - could be (I'm not really into VN), but since its gonna be ova - there will be some kind of premade/most popular route. Wonder which one though.
Kinda hope its really gonna be something for adult women/gay/bi men, not the usual "boys looking like girls" thing.

On the side note - wonder why people bother to come and say "I'm not gonna watch it coz its bl" - its like said in the tittle BL VN adaptation. Not interested in the content - don't read it, huh?
Jun 8, 2013 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
Ash-Falls-Town said:
1. It's being marketed towards fujoshi
[...]

If it appeals to gay men it will be in spite of 1.

But both is possible, no?
Jun 8, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
wheeeeee! hehe. BL = good.

Jun 8, 2013 2:09 PM

Dec 2008
Manly ojisans? Hell yeah!
Jun 8, 2013 7:07 PM

Aug 2012
Bara or Yaoi, I don't care.
We need more BL in this world.
I'm in, can't wait~
Jun 9, 2013 3:14 AM
Jun 2013
Veronin said:
Uh, at least the characters are adults for once, I guess.

Regardless, sweaty man sex does not appeal to me.

xD i agree.
Jun 9, 2013 5:42 AM

Apr 2013
I thought the title says " BL Adult Vsual Novel says "NO THANK YOU!!" to the OVA Adaptation".
Jun 9, 2013 5:45 AM

Sep 2012
MaffleWaffle said:
I thought the title says " BL Adult Vsual Novel says "NO THANK YOU!!" to the OVA Adaptation".
In a tsundere fashion you'd mean lol
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 10, 2013 7:38 AM

May 2013
The title itself is pretty self destructive for me
Jun 11, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2007
Downgrade355 said:
That's exactly the point we've been trying to make, while the company and the advertisement imply that it targets fujoshi, the content and design doesn't look like something many fujoshi are fond of. we're just being real here, sure some may like hairy old muscular men, but most don't, it's not a secret, its common knowledge to people like us who're familiar with this stuff.
Ok calm down. IIRC the NTY visual novel ranked 2nd in most wanted upcoming titles in the previous issue of Cool-B, beaten only by re:connect. Cool-B is a magazine covering BL and otome games, so mostly women read it. Stop making stuff up based on your opinions, the Japanese fujoshi love this and the vn with a bonus picture of the burly foreigner Maki already sold out once at Seagull. The fujoshi who might not like this are probably western fans of crap like junjo romantica.

Other than that, this title will most likely not have any rape in it because of the fact that all sex scenes in the VN are consensual.

tl;dr no rape and Maki is the most popular character
suusuuJun 11, 2013 6:27 PM
Jun 12, 2013 10:35 AM

Aug 2011
ephemeralM said:
Downgrade355 said:
Ok calm down. IIRC the NTY visual novel ranked 2nd in most wanted upcoming titles in the previous issue of Cool-B, beaten only by re:connect. Cool-B is a magazine covering BL and otome games, so mostly women read it. Stop making stuff up based on your opinions, the Japanese fujoshi love this and the vn with a bonus picture of the burly foreigner Maki already sold out once at Seagull. The fujoshi who might not like this are probably western fans of crap like junjo romantica.

Other than that, this title will most likely not have any rape in it because of the fact that all sex scenes in the VN are consensual.

tl;dr no rape and Maki is the most popular character

I think that generalization is too much. I'm a fujoshi, and this is just not my taste. It doesn't appeal to me. I just don't like burly men, let alone burly men doing xxx stuff to each other. This doesn't mean that I like JR either, since that was probably the worst BL anime/manga I've ever seen/read (In comparison, Sekaiichi is much better, but they're both too similar, and both of their art is not appealing either). But this is just my opinion. There are also other Western fujoshi who don't love JR as well and burly men is just not their taste. The reason JR is so popular anyways, is because it and Sekaiichi are practically the only two BL anime taken seriously and made into a full-length series. (There may have been others but those are very few and didn't receive popularity)

However I do agree with your other statements. Cool-B is indeed a magazine who's targeted audience is women, and not men. What is the point in putting something that appeals to men, inside a womens' magazine? There are other works that target gay/bi men in this genre, but NTY is not one of them.
LaciieJun 12, 2013 11:33 AM
Jun 12, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
Yay! More Bl! I plan to watch this when it's available. Is it a Hentai? I hope not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2013 11:18 PM

Mar 2010
Downgrade355 said:
shinkeikaku said:

Where do you get that the target audience is gay men?

i did read somewhere on an otome blogger that it targets both but leans towards gay men lol, there's also body hair and stuff, i'm pretty sure the vast majority of fujoshi don't apperciate muscular men with body hair.
the overall playstyle and design implies so aswell, read into and you'll see.

just my two cents though.

What do you call a girl who really likes/only watches bara then?
I don't like girly BL boys at all, if I wanted to read about guys who look like girls I'd just read shoujo ai LOL.

I love bara though, BRING ON THE BEEF!!!

UpperBody said:
Feels bad for all the people who have yet to learn the wonders of oyaji and big men.

That just means more for us ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
Jun 20, 2013 5:48 AM

Oct 2010
People say they're not into bara but like yaoi, that's fair enough, where I love bara, they're more masculine and I like those types, probably why I liked Okane Ga Nai so much xD we need more bara anime out here~ ;w;

And totally agree with some comments here: BRING ON THE BEEF XD
✨ 23 🇬🇧 UK 💅🏻 Gay 🏫 University Student 🔞 NSFW 💪🏻 Bara artist 🐻 Bear lover 💁🏼 Lots of gay shit
Jun 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
Never heared of this but I'm interested.

Jul 18, 2013 12:54 AM

Oct 2011
Came here to see people over-use the 'no thank you' joke

Also came here to say its exciting to see an actual OVA that isn't shota

Bring on the buff oyaji (◡‿◡✿)
Jul 18, 2013 1:02 AM

Sep 2012
NSFM screenshots from the game:

Doesn't look half bad!

Bara can be fine, just as long as the guys aren't too hairy. Or overly muscular.
Jul 20, 2013 3:09 AM
May 2007
Talking about body hair, game offers hair on/off setting.

btw, studio in charge of this OVA is PrimeTime under another name "parAdI Ce".
Jul 30, 2013 11:52 PM

Jun 2012
Finally some Bara! I like bishounen and shota in Yaoi as well, but Bara will always be the best xD

There was serious lack of it, so I am glad to see this coming out.
Aug 1, 2013 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
Pity it's just an OVA. From what I hear the ero-game is more of a mystery/thriller/action than "romance" romance.
Aug 1, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2010
Maybe one day we'll actually get another BL anime. Maybe.

(hopes for Love Stage)
Aug 1, 2013 8:15 AM

Oct 2007
Yes, please !!

We need more manly oyaji love story ^o^ fufufu!
35 is good! 45 even better (like my BF ^o^ but less hairy!)
But isn't all of the other characters most younger? like the amnesic 22yo!
BL games often have old characters, but they almost don't anything!

I just hope it would have a "real" story, not just sex... not that I mind just sex, but there is a good story more people would like to buy it, and if the sales are good, we will have more BL adaptation!

... and Naono Bohra sensei cute hot oyaji adaptation ^_^
... and I still want to hope for the 2nd OVA of Saigo no doa wo shimeru...
Aug 1, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2013
Red_Keys said:

Doesn't look half bad!

Bara can be fine, just as long as the guys aren't too hairy. Or overly muscular.

Those look pretty good. I'm officially excited for this.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Aug 11, 2013 4:29 PM

Nov 2007
i love bl and i really want new bl anime but lately they don't include sex at all. or they make it very vague.
DarkRoseOtakuAug 11, 2013 4:37 PM

banana
Aug 25, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2009
Oh my~
Hope it would be something censorable
Aug 25, 2013 4:18 PM

May 2012
So much homophobia in here.
Aug 25, 2013 8:22 PM

Apr 2009
Ahh, at first I wasn't interested (not much of a fan of bl - imo girls are hotter - by the way I'm a girl) but still clicked on the title (because you never know. Also boredom). I'm actually kinda excited for this because it looks like it's more on the bara side. Bara is delicious for me, I think.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Sep 2, 2013 2:52 PM

Oct 2010
Does anybody know when this is planning on getting released? Or when MyAnimeList is going to add it to the database? I can't wait any longer xD
✨ 23 🇬🇧 UK 💅🏻 Gay 🏫 University Student 🔞 NSFW 💪🏻 Bara artist 🐻 Bear lover 💁🏼 Lots of gay shit
Sep 2, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
Kawos said:
Red_Keys said:

Doesn't look half bad!

Those look pretty good. I'm officially excited for this.

Okay I've kind of changed my mind about this. (My preconception was that it was about super muscly older men, and I'm not really into that but this is different).
Sep 15, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
I've played a bit of the game and it's pretty interesting although I can't say too much since I've only done one route with the young guy, Hiroyuki. I'll probably do Maki next whenever I get around to it. It's kind of like a mystery/crime kind of story.

I just wonder if the OVA is going to go a specific route and if it is it might be the bar owner, Inui (the dark-haired older guy)
Sep 16, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
'NO, THANK YOU!!!'
That's it -.-

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Sep 16, 2013 9:27 AM

May 2013
Haine15 said:
'NO, THANK YOU!!!'
That's it -.-

Why even bother commenting?

Squatta said:
I've played a bit of the game and it's pretty interesting although I can't say too much since I've only done one route with the young guy, Hiroyuki. I'll probably do Maki next whenever I get around to it. It's kind of like a mystery/crime kind of story.

I just wonder if the OVA is going to go a specific route and if it is it might be the bar owner, Inui (the dark-haired older guy)

Hopefully they just go with one route instead of trying to do some stupid mash-up type thing of all the routes, but never get anywhere.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Oct 19, 2013 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
Sanguis said:
"shady requests that can't be taken to the police..." Sounds like some very.... unsavory things might happen here.

Pretty sure this is just going fetishise homosexual couples and do nothing but continue to give the BL genre a bad name like the countless crappy BL OVA's/series out there. :/

There is no reason to be offended by BL in that way. BL is made by women, for women. It's based around the female fantasy, and should not be taken seriously as a portrayal of real life homosexuals.
I'm a lesbian myself, yet I'm not offended by lesbian hentai. For me to get offended over something that is just fantasy, would be ridiculous.
Oct 19, 2013 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
Not sure if it can be called key visual, but a new visual nonetheless:

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/pqCWn6SVkp6Vrg.jpg
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 19, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2008
That's just the old game packaging cover with an anime announcement typed over it. I'd be curious to see the OVA character designs. I hope they're released soon. The website also has the new illustration for the game source book.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
5 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.