Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2007 12:06 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A great episode.
The generic panic of getting fat when a friend mentions it, and you start to fret all over it. :P

Nobue did, in my opinion, a good sister deed by clearing it up by saying that she's having her growth spurt.

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Mar 28, 2008 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
Hilarious how Nobue fell into the same psyche as Chika after all.
Jun 5, 2008 5:30 AM

Jan 2008
Fantastic episode, laughing the whole way XD

Nobue was such a great sister...but then she went paranoid about her weight as well...
Jul 10, 2008 7:02 PM
Mar 2008
I thought the baseball to the kidneys would mark a serious point and turn it into drama, cuz it looked and sounded like it hurt bad lol.
Sep 12, 2008 1:40 PM

Jul 2008
Good episode. The random baseball to the side during soccer was great. Nobue sure is a great sis and that ending was hilarious.
Aug 24, 2009 1:56 AM

Aug 2009
Micchan was so rude. >.< Poor Chika. TT3TT
But I like this episode, even if Micchan was so annoying. xD
Sep 5, 2009 12:37 PM
Sep 2008
Loved the baseball part.
Jan 27, 2010 4:56 PM

Jan 2010
lol at Miu hitting Nobue with the baseball while playing soccer, so random
Feb 19, 2010 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
Miu needs to be punched in the face! I mean, does she not have parents to teach her not to throw baseballs at people?!

And who the hell takes a bath with their towel on? Granted, these are little girls we're talking about, but they could have used steam or something like most other shows do.

It's funny how a lot of girls think they don't have the talent to even stand under a ball and catch it.
Jul 21, 2010 4:05 PM

Aug 2008
Sheepdude said:
Hilarious how Nobue fell into the same psyche as Chika after all.
Ch'yeah!

Another brilliant episode. ^.^
Sep 12, 2010 9:31 PM

Aug 2008
Nobue got her ass kicked this episode. I'm starting to worry that Miyu is really gonna hurt someone eventually. She's more than annoying, she's a bit sadistic.
Oct 7, 2010 6:22 PM
Aug 2008
Okay, so this is the first episode I've watched, thanks to Barnes & Noble not having vol. 1 or 2. And this is after a while of not having any of the anime.

This is also the first series for which I think I'll have the audio primarily in Japanese for a reason other than "there's no English track". It's not that I don't like the English voices, but they have this... Peanuts-y quality to them, you know? I keep expecting the BGM to be "Linus & Lucy".

Yeah, your cellphone was the culprit. Obviously.

Okay, I don't know about kanji, but in English, they usually call the process of making words like that "writing". "Drawing" is more like making pictures.

"This was the beginning of Chika's Weight Gain Hell."

Bamboo laundry poles...?

And "Kagome kagome"? Wha...?

Drgentile777 said:
Miu needs to be punched in the face! I mean, does she not have parents to teach her not to throw baseballs at people?!

Oh, she does have parents, at least in the manga (see episode 26), but I don't know what their disciplinary policy has been.

Drgentile777 said:
And who the hell takes a bath with their towel on? Granted, these are little girls we're talking about, but they could have used steam or something like most other shows do.

Hey, I thought it was slightly odd that it's normal to wash outside the tub -- even at home -- and soak in the tub when you're through. But apparently, the floors have drains in them. I guess it's an anime thing, 'cause the manga doesn't ever have them wearing towel in the tub, and sometimes they don't wear them out of the tub.
NyperoldOct 7, 2010 6:48 PM
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Jan 17, 2011 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
It's funny how Nobue became like Chika at the end.
Feb 9, 2011 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
I feel like Miu is getting the most character development than anyone else...
Feb 14, 2011 5:38 PM

Jan 2010
LOL at the soccer part xD and LOL at Nobue at the end
Jan 17, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2012
Lol so random xD
Jun 16, 2013 3:30 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Nyperold said:
Okay, I don't know about kanji, but in English, they usually call the process of making words like that "writing". "Drawing" is more like making pictures.

Kanji are, in a very real sense, pictures.

Nyperold said:
Bamboo laundry poles...?
It's one of several ways anime use sounds to represent 'awkward pauses'.

Nyperold said:
Drgentile777 said:
Hey, I thought it was slightly odd that it's normal to wash outside the tub -- even at home -- and soak in the tub when you're through. But apparently, the floors have drains in them.
That's the process in Japan. The tub water is shared, much like a sauna, for soaking and is NEVER to be used for washing. Typically only the smaller apartments have just a tub (and I was in a truly small apartment when I visited a friend - I banged my head on the door when I sat down on the toilet).

As for the towels, I figure they just choose to do that in the anime rather than censor.
CratexJun 16, 2013 3:34 PM
Dec 2, 2013 3:48 AM

Oct 2012
That "Eeek" is too cute xD
I don't know baseball's rules too :(

AlexSadist-sama said:
It's funny how Nobue became like Chika at the end.

Some wise people said : Girl's diet it's contagious to other girls xD

Nyperold said:

"This was the beginning of Chika's Weight Gain Hell."

Drgentile777 said:

Oh, she does have parents, at least in the manga (see episode 26), but I don't know what their disciplinary policy has been.

Lol.. I just don't know where's Miu's naming sense come from

Oh, let the spoiler begins!!
"Signature removed"
Feb 13, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Narrative that does not change its state, welcoming us with a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
The daily Chika and Nobu along with other protagonists is fun and enjoyable, even giving a small significance to the plot.
Drawings cute and well made.
About this time, Nobu and Miu are very funny.
Jul 4, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2010
Holy crap, those baseballs to the rips hurt to watch.
Nov 3, 2015 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
Who was that person sitting behind Nobue reading newspaper? I'm guessing it's one of her parents, but IDK why they never showed them.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jul 21, 2017 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
Another alright episode, ouch, that ball hit must hurt hard.
Dec 6, 2018 6:07 PM

Apr 2015
Typical diet episode. Girl begins spiraling down to an eating disorder, gets a one-minute speech that boils down to "Lol you're not fat", all is well again.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 6, 2019 9:55 PM

Feb 2017
Poor Chika. I don't think kids should diet.
Jul 21, 2020 2:23 PM
Apr 2016
Miu is such an annoying insensitive bitch. If I had a friend like this irl, I would definitely cut them off. This looks only cute in anime. But if I find somebody irl like Miu, even if they are kids, I'd slap and knock them out. These types of people should be publicly ashamed and shunned.
Nov 16, 2020 7:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The classic girls being complexed about their weight...lol
Apr 5, 2021 10:15 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. Chika doesn't look fat at all.. So it's not too funny for me, as getting in anorexia is a pain, rather than fun.. But I have no idea, if 35 is a lot or not.. I mean, for adult it's freaking small weight.. But she is teen, so I have no idea.. Anorexia is more of a problem than a joke, though..
Maybe that's the point of this anime.. But it doesn't really take itself seriously.. And doesn't really joke about these serious things in funny way.. This show is weird with this.. It's not drama, it's not comedy.. How it feels to me.. It feels weird, I don't even know, what they're trying to make out of this bullying.. It's not funny or sad to me.. I don't understand, what show is reaching, really..
Jan 19, 2022 4:11 PM

Jul 2019
Damn, weight insecurities in this anime? Rip, tfw they have to get on the diet books too.

I mean, the episode, in general, was really fun tho. I liked the sports segment, and as usual, Miu up to a lil bit of trolling. Nobue got some skills tho damn. Idk why she feel she need a diet book, but I guess I can't relate.
Jun 7, 2022 2:01 PM

Feb 2020
Yeah, this was your typical weight loss episode. Poor Chika and Nobue. That ending was hilarious. x3

Also, those baseball and soccer matches were pretty fun, but I felt bad for Nobue. That ball hit must hurt. Miu's parents should give her some discipline. She's often totally out of control.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 1 Discussion

aero - May 28, 2008

44 by BabyBones »»
Feb 24, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 8 Discussion

Piroko - Oct 15, 2007

43 by HellindiuM »»
Nov 27, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - May 28, 2008

61 by frozenpandaman »»
Aug 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 3 Discussion

aero - May 28, 2008

37 by Starchaser »»
Jul 3, 2023 4:36 PM

Poll: » Ichigo Mashimaro Episode 12 Discussion

aero - Jun 6, 2008

47 by eren_yaeger_2912 »»
May 17, 2023 6:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.