Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode imo. Nice to see Ledo and Chamber together kicking ass. It's nice to see all that Hideauze this episode. There's like a shit a lot of them.

Guess humanity has kept a bunch of them locked him for awhile too.

Dem feels this episode. I also kinda like the OST.
Jun 2, 2013 6:28 AM
Dec 2012
It reminded me of Starship Troopers when he encountered their mother. Also the shocking truth reminded me of Shinsekai yori. Truth hurts.
Jun 2, 2013 6:29 AM

May 2009
Hideuze were humans

My mind is full of fuck.
bastek66Jun 2, 2013 6:32 AM
Jun 2, 2013 6:34 AM

Jun 2009
I barely understood anything this week (due to my very poor Japanese knowledge) but this reveleation was really shocking.
Jun 2, 2013 7:28 AM

Sep 2012
They said Ep.9 is the Revelation episode, and so it is.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 2, 2013 8:00 AM

Feb 2009
I knew the hideauze were human invention, but to actually think they were human made to be spaceship! So what happened? Why are they fighting now?
Jun 2, 2013 8:15 AM
Jul 2012
Okay I also knew they had something to do with humans but that was unexpected.
Jun 2, 2013 8:18 AM
Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
Hideuze were humans

My mind is full of fuck.

Hey man your prediction came true in an interesting way.

Jun 2, 2013 8:29 AM
May 2013
Holy shit, things get turned to be really interesting. First some action, for those who wanted it, then a little boring reminescence of Pinion. And most of all- the secret of Hideuze revealed! They are sort of hybrid whit human and squids, which help human to survive in space I guess. I think they developed their own intelligence and want to be independ, but humans weren`t pleasant with this. Smells like planet of apes spirit. Oh, did anyone noticed that the daughter of this first man in the squid suit, hightly resemble Amy? Is she and her brother are relatives of him?
Jun 2, 2013 9:33 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah I also had some thought of them being human.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 2, 2013 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
Don't tell me the Hideauze is actually mutation between human and squid! Ika Musume, what have you done?!

BTW....YEAHHH!!!!! ACTION!!!!! CHAMBER IN ACTION!!!!!!!!

5/5
TachiiJun 10, 2013 10:53 AM

Jun 2, 2013 10:21 AM

Jun 2011
I just want a happy ending ;_;
Jun 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2012
Wow I wasn't expecting that plot twist about the Hideauze! Humans messed with their genomes so they could travel in space because of the Ice Age on Earth. So is this what progressive science without it being leashed leads to? : P

If I was Ledo I'd be mindfucked too, everything he knew was a lie!
Jun 2, 2013 10:26 AM

May 2012
WAHT A TWIST! *M. Night Shamyalan voice* You people finally got your twist/bloodbath. Are you satisfied?
Jun 2, 2013 10:32 AM
Oct 2010
FUCKING YES!!! this is what i was waiting for. time to unfuck my mind now.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Feb 2013
Did anyone else's heart sink a little when chamber did what he did at the end, with the humanoid looking one?
Jun 2, 2013 10:42 AM
Aug 2011
score bumped up to 10, oh my god. gen urobochi u never disappoint.
Jun 2, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
Damn!
This episode man.
Jun 2, 2013 10:47 AM

Feb 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:
I knew the hideauze were human invention, but to actually think they were human made to be spaceship! So what happened? Why are they fighting now?

Jun 2, 2013 10:50 AM

Apr 2007
In the next episode...

Jun 2, 2013 10:50 AM

Apr 2012
Wonder where everything fucked up, they seemed to be having a decent relationship before. That was an interesting episode, 5/5
Jun 2, 2013 10:55 AM

Jan 2010
One hell episode with A LOT of Hideauze, Earth's past and the truth!
Need someone explain it in simple word/ English.....
I knew Hideauze's Truth will be ugly ever but...WTF??? Human, Evolver, spaceship and WTF ......WTF?!!!!!

Jun 2, 2013 10:59 AM

Sep 2012
Oh my, hideauze' are human :OO
Jun 2, 2013 11:00 AM

Jul 2012
Shit that was an interesting episode. Nice info bomb.

Thought the Hideauze were experiments but for them to be used for such a purpose. Very intriguing.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 2, 2013 11:04 AM
May 2009
AoiMizu said:
One hell episode with A LOT of Hideauze, Earth's past and the truth!
Need someone explain it in simple word/ English.....
I knew Hideauze's Truth will be ugly ever but...WTF??? Human, Evolver, spaceship and WTF ......WTF?!!!!!

Simple summary:

There was a faction of humans, who researched the human genetics. The goal was to artificial evolve the humans. -> Faction: Evolver
When it became clear that a devastating ice age will begin, the evolvers began to manipulate the human genetic to be able to live and travel in space.

The main opposing faction are something like the united force of countries, against the Evolvers. The started the war against them.

So the Hideauze are the evolved humans. And Ledos people are the aggressors, who started the war against the Evolvers in the past and continued till the present time.
That is also why the baby Hideauze in the nest, resemble human baby, because they are humans. Or lets say: half humans.
Jun 2, 2013 11:09 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Pesti13nce said:
Did anyone else's heart sink a little when chamber did what he did at the end, with the humanoid looking one?

Yes I pretty much yelled, "CHAMBER NO!!!" D: That human looking one actually didn't look that aggressive either. Looks like Ledo is really starting to think for himself what is right or wrong, such as the uneasy he feeling he got from killing the baby whalesquids and at the end when he screamed. Doesn't Chamber usually need to confirm with Ledo before he does anything? Or maybe not...but if he is supposed to, he just acted on his in the end there. The "mouth" of the whalesquid is atrocious/creepy, gave me goosebumps during the flashback scene with Pinion. Oh man, I need time to process this twist. So I wonder what's the real information? Chamber said that most of it was probably not reliable, but maybe it's because the Galactic Alliance altered their information?
Jun 2, 2013 11:11 AM

Apr 2013
what a twist! finally this show is giving me a reason to stick with my 9/10 rating..
KneelBeforeMeJun 2, 2013 11:30 AM
Jun 2, 2013 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
Well it seems Ika Musume DID conquer part of the world.

I am surprised by some of this. Least it throws the past idea out the window at last..wonder if a peace can be forged. Or if Ledo would even consider such a option.

Or rather if the AI will..that mech having limited self awareness might prove to be a problem.
RedArmyShogunJun 2, 2013 11:21 AM
Jun 2, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2012
Pesti13nce said:
Yup...;-; Why did chamber kill that one, it looked harmless...:(
Jun 2, 2013 11:18 AM

Mar 2012
Meh, they shared common ancestor with human, but they are not human.
I mean we human wipe out all our cousin species many thousands years ago to survive. Won't surprise me if we did it again, but I would have expected the Hidezu to win overwhelming with their genetic advantage. I guess they fail because they abandon their technology to become more zerg like.

Also, we are already in an ice age period since 2.5 millions year ago or Greenland and Antarctica won't be frozen. Fortunately, we are in a warm period of ice age call Interglacials, which is expected to last another 50,000 years. Even if we did enter the cold period, gracials, the ice will only reach far as North Germany or near Ohio in US.
Jun 2, 2013 11:19 AM

Jun 2012
Echelonex said:
Pesti13nce said:

I think that was supposed to be the daughter of the buff guy they showed artificially evolving, Elaine I think was her name?
Jun 2, 2013 11:21 AM

Mar 2009
Well it makes sense now why the "enemies" are called Hideauze sounding like hideous because that's what a group of people who hate evolvers call them. To them they are hideous because they are no longer completely human. Which now is pretty ironic since now they are the hideous people who kill their own because they are not "good" enough. I guess the irony is really who are the hideous people, the people who look "hideous" or the people who kill them because they are different.
Cat Love

Jun 2, 2013 11:25 AM

Feb 2009
It is the same old story, the fight over territories and resources. The continental union are now the Galactic Alliance while the Evolvers are the Hideauze.

Apr 2009
great episode!can't wait for episode 10!

Aug 2010
Echelonex said:
Pesti13nce said:

Target identified as Hideauze. Enemy. Zenmetsu.

They don't program their AI's to suddenly feel for the enemy.

About this episode.... I could stuffed dynamite into both my ears and my mind wouldn't be as blown as it is now. And seeing dem "Evolvers" slowly turn into hideous monsters left a very unpleasant feeling in my tummy. Not only because they are all mutaed space spquids now, but because it means the whole war was, once again, humanity against itself.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 2, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
AoiMizu said:
Don't tell me the Hideauze is actually mutation between human and squid! Ika Musume, what have you done?!

YES, L O L First thing I thought about was Ika Musume.

Chamber killed IKA MUSUME! MURDERER!

On another note... Seriously? All that other shit and leave this until episode 9? Come on... This should have been episode 4 or 5 at latest.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jun 2, 2013 11:29 AM
Nov 2012
well.. its kinda wierd that ledo says he always thought they were just low-life creatures, and put it up as some reason for why to kill them coldblooded..
if you dont remember he even slaughtered normal humans(pirates) becuz he was told that they were "the enemy"... so now it'd be kind of lame if he has sympathy for some wierd half-human race.. but i bet its the twist, and has to be that way..
its just not thought out well enough to be a masterpiece since he already slaughter normal humans :p
but what i could hope for now...
zamuraiJun 2, 2013 11:38 AM
Jun 2, 2013 11:30 AM
May 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Echelonex said:
Pesti13nce said:

I think that was supposed to be the daughter of the buff guy they showed artificially evolving, Elaine I think was her name?

I thought it could be his wife, since that little girl hold resemblance of Amy (or it is me?).
Jun 2, 2013 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
Blazingluke said:
In the next episode...

I keep squinting at these images and they don't get any clearer, lol.
Jun 2, 2013 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
>People actually believed Urobutcher would make a go-happy ending.

My sides, it's all over again.
Jun 2, 2013 11:35 AM

Jul 2010
This episode man...

Going to take a while to process what I watched. Ledo certainly got the shock of his life.
Jun 2, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Niyawa said:
>People actually believed Urobutcher would make a go-happy ending.
My sides, it's all over again.
The director said the ending is "gray that is overwhelmingly white" and he has repeated similar things several times. Nobody (at least not the staff) ever said it will be a go-happy ending.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 2, 2013 11:36 AM

Oct 2008
Fuck yeah, this is what I was waiting for
Jun 2, 2013 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Echelonex said:
Pesti13nce said:

yeah T_T don't forget Chamber is an AI developed by the "bad guys" (hideauze are friendly in my opinion)

I found it funny when Chamber said that the information was false and that it was probably meant to manipulate people's opinion, I mean the way I see it is that the Union lied to the new breeds of humans in order to destroy the Evolvers.. Well with Ledo's reaction we can see that he is starting to change; I'm just wondering how the rest of the fleet and the gargantia will react to this information if Ledo tells them.
Jun 2, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2012
this episode..was perfect!
i'd like to see more episodes like this! loved it!
Jun 2, 2013 11:39 AM
Oct 2012
Humm, as a warning to those of you planning to go into biology: if you want to create the next stage of human evolution, please do not give them "nasty pointy teeth".

Someone had commented that the Hideazue had a humanoid figure, I had incorporated this into my GUT post to speculate that humans designed them, though I did not think that they were going to be modified humans. Though the Hideazue were shown to be as intelligent as humans (they seized the worm hole technology), so their relative ignorance on Earth makes one wonder what happened to it. Probably these were abandoned by the space Hideazue and never had a means of learning.

Was it just me, or did Elaine sort of remind one of Amy, particularly around the eyes? Makes one wonder if Amy and her brother are Hideazue who regained their human form (and the doctor is protecting this). Now that Ledo has experienced guilt in killing a Hideazue and potentially even Genocide of this particular offshoot of the Hideazue, will he be willing to protect her? And is she the bridge to unify humans and their descendents.

Not sure about this whole concept: if humanity is intelligent enough to create wormholes and perform genetic manipulation to this degree, couldn't they have built some sort of satellite array to channel more sunlight to Earth, preventing the ice age? Yes, I know this would require extreme science, but more so than wormhole technology? And the design of these "space humans", who thought that was a good idea? Cautionary tale on human cloning and genetic manipulation. Can't argue with that, science isn't always on the side of good or particularly wise.

Overall much better episode, but the quickness in telling this story left a lot of dangling ends. They should have used prior episodes to drop some hints and build up to this.
Jun 2, 2013 11:39 AM
Oct 2010
Nice, gloomy twist. I knew Urobutcher would not disappoint.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 2, 2013 11:40 AM

Jan 2011
MAYBE by the time they arrived space to their new home, they supposedly had to re-evolve to their human shape but some of them couldn't do it... as Ledo said, one of their civilization's duties is to exterminate the humans who are not capable of fighting. That's why they are on war with the Hideauze (??)
Jun 2, 2013 11:42 AM
Oct 2010
Damn! He killed that little girl! I knew that they hideauze(?) were human made though. Didn't realize they WERE part human though.
Jun 2, 2013 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
I liked this episode it had a lot of ass kicking and a lot of surprises 5/5
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.