Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2013 12:18 PM
Jan 2010
Lol'ed when I saw Armin's face:

Jun 1, 2013 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man, this whole episode was amazing. The OST just keeps getting better, the 28th of June can't come fast enough for me. Of course, then there is Levi.

Loved this episode so much.
Jun 1, 2013 12:24 PM

Jan 2011
They adapted chapter 10+11 almost scene-by-scene :O
LuxorcistJun 1, 2013 6:32 PM
Jun 1, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
Levis voice is the same as Law (OP) holy... awesome ost. Hanji voice actress nailed. Bodies having blood boiled bath (no censor). The last minutes fucking epic. Perfect adaptation here.
oh yeah
huntxJun 1, 2013 12:43 PM
Jun 1, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
OfficialGuts said:
Levi's first kill.. goosebumps, screamed like a fanboy.

Me too xDDD That was gorgeous.

Monotony said:
Lol'ed when I saw Armin's face:

Hahahaha, I laughed too xDDD Eren's face was priceless though.
Jun 1, 2013 12:34 PM
May 2013
woooooooooow
a lot of new person on this eps
and Erin Skeleton
Jun 1, 2013 12:44 PM

Nov 2007
God! This Episode! Enter KamiHiro and PakuRomi!

Levi's movements are I N S A N E ! Did you guys notice the side way maneuver when he rushed towards the two titans? Almost like it is so natural for him! Man, he is the best! Loved Hanji too! Seriously, to kill a kyojin and say "See, it didn't hurt at all!". So damn win! That's two awesome additions to already amazing list of characters!

As for the second part, it was so intense. The intense moment with the three of them surrounded by fellow comrades, Mikasa and Armin's stance for Eren and Hannes' comment on three of them just reaffirmed that Eren, Mikasa and Armin are the main three characters.

Someone should kick Verman's ass. I hate that f*cking coward. He abandoned his underlings from the supply center before and now abandoned Mikasa and Armin to justify Eren being a Kyojin needs to be killed, even when he mustered the courage to say he is a human being.

And to top off another amazing episode, that semi-transformed Eren looked so damn badass! Next episode will be...

5/5!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 1, 2013 12:46 PM

Mar 2013
pming said:
aria93 said:
pming said:
aria93 said:
And now I wonder about the hate vote. I didn't see anything in this episode that wasn't great, imo.

Just ignore the haters.

Besides, they need an outlet for all their frustrations. Of all the series they picked upon to channel their frustrations, they picked the one with mass appeal, critical approval and huge $$$ money-making ability.

As some anons pointed out over at 4chan, the anime already boosted the manga sales equivalent to selling 270k anime volumes.

Nuh, I am just curious that's all XP

Equivalent to 270k anime volumes?! Wow.

Yeah, the thread's gone now, but I got the gist of it.

The manga sold 4 million in seven weeks (start of anime).

4 million X 450 yen (manga price) divided by 6000 yen (anime dvd price) = 300k dvds.

The manga has sold alround 10 million volumes since december thats how crazy it's getting.

Jun 1, 2013 12:49 PM

Nov 2010
Did they change around that flashback? I think Eren's dad said way more than what I remember reading in the manga.
Jun 1, 2013 12:57 PM

Dec 2012
PaninaManina said:
Darklight0303 said:
Stark700 said:
zellami said:
Wow, WOW! I'll pick a cap later, but did you, guys, notice how Levi uses the 3DMG?! There's something totally different at his level!

Of course, he's one of the best soldiers in the series.

He's not one of the. He IS the best

Not best soldier only...
The dream of the girls, the hero of the kids.

Ooohh, so many characters that will die a horrible painful death...

If anybody still wonders about the difference b/w trainees (talented and super-talented as the Top Ten) and soldiers (sadly, only those from the Scouting Legion), the anime adaptation here gives the right amount of it, even when the later are dying.

I have to admit that anything in the manga that pertains to the governing and management of the cities, freaks me out. Just when I expected that the humankind will embrace what they even didn't earn, they were trying to kill Eren and were frightened and disgusted.

Awesome build-up at the last 1/3 of the episode, thank you, IG, for the heart-attack in the cliff-hanger! :)

OK, so we were spoiled silly with other favorite characters and more of the stunning OST, my pick however goes to this:

The only thing that cannot be seen, unfortunately, are the murasaki flowers seen in the previous scene and in Episode 1.
Jun 1, 2013 12:58 PM

Feb 2009

Been waiting for dat Hanji to show up. I was not disappointed.
Jun 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Dec 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Did they change around that flashback? I think Eren's dad said way more than what I remember reading in the manga.

With my imaginative experience in spoken Japanese, the flashback is literally word-for-word from the manga. (Volume 3, the first chapter is 10, for me).
Jun 1, 2013 1:20 PM

Nov 2010
zellami said:
IntroverTurtle said:

With my imaginative experience in spoken Japanese, the flashback is literally word-for-word from the manga. (Volume 3, the first chapter is 10, for me).
Huh that's interesting, thanks for telling me. It just sounded way different.
Jun 1, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2011
I was crazy to think they’d finish the arc in this episode. :D I’m really glad to see they’re taking their time and staying faithful to the manga. The OST was badass as always, especially that flashback part near the end... oh man. <3

Can’t wait for the next ep! After that one, I’ll be completely in the dark as to what happens next. I’m looking forwad to that feeling already.
Jun 1, 2013 1:27 PM

Feb 2009
This what happened when you let fear govern your judgement. You've been fighting an unknown foe for centuries and there is a live specimen and somewhat nonthreatening right in front you and all you do is to proceed to kill it, very smart idiot.

Eren being reveal as a titan makes me wonder what a titan really is. The irony is Eren is the very thing that he hates.
Jun 1, 2013 1:32 PM

May 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:

Eren being reveal as a titan makes me wonder what a titan really is.

Same here! I’m also very curious who the Titan breaking in in the first episode was. It’ll be crazy if it’s someone we already know.
Jun 1, 2013 1:33 PM
Aug 2012
Vokoca said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Same here! I’m also very curious who the Titan breaking in in the first episode was. It’ll be crazy if it’s someone we already know.
Not like Eren's father went around injecting random people you know..
Jun 1, 2013 1:34 PM

Feb 2009
I just notice the way Eren brought that partially made titan reminds me some kind of summoning.
Jun 1, 2013 1:35 PM
Aug 2012
Kuchiyose no Jutsu!
Jun 1, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2011
nnangle said:
Vokoca said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Who says Eren’s father is the only one with... whatever it is that turns people into titans? Or if that’s even the only way for that to happen in the first place? Judging by that titan’s look and behavior, I’m convinced it was a human as well.
Jun 1, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2012
Shit man, that was soooo intense

I love that half - summoned titan
Jun 1, 2013 1:38 PM
Aug 2012
Vokoca said:
nnangle said:
Vokoca said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Who says Eren’s father is the only one with... whatever it is that turns people into titans? Or if that’s even the only way for that to happen in the first place? Judging by that titan’s look and behavior, I’m convinced it was a human as well.
Totally, they probably mass produce titan serum and sell it on the market.
Jun 1, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
nnangle said:
Vokoca said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

Maybe Papa Jaeger is a serial injector?
Jun 1, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2010
another perfect adaption

at this point i expect nothing less. None of the episodes have let me down so far

and Levi is a badass!
Jun 1, 2013 1:41 PM

Jun 2011
Levi? WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT LEVI WE GOT HANJI NOW

MOTHER FUCKING HANJI
Jun 1, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2010
LEVI!!! Nuff Said!!
Jun 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2009
WOW, awesomeness over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fking epic, even though I've read the manga but it felt like watching another adaptation, I was so amazed by this ...
Levi like a boss
and the transforming near the end, holy sh*t it was pure epicness ...
Jun 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
I cant wait for THAT scene with Hanji, so well done.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 1, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
Shit, that was an intense episode. They adapted this perfectly. I wonder what some people will complain about this time... Maybe "oh my god! The writer doesn't know shit about human psychology!! Why would humans turn against someone who helped them and is the key to the survival of mankind?! These people are so stupid!!!!" Or something like that?
Jun 1, 2013 2:06 PM

Jul 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Shit, that was an intense episode. They adapted this perfectly. I wonder what some people will complain about this time... Maybe "oh my god! The writer doesn't know shit about human psychology!! Why would humans turn against someone who helped them and is the key to the survival of mankind?! These people are so stupid!!!!" Or something like that?

They will find the way
Jun 1, 2013 2:08 PM

Dec 2012
^ That would be me >_< My understanding of human psychology is extreme, though :D
Jun 1, 2013 2:15 PM
Apr 2013
A great episode and a well adaption. Glad to see Levi gets screen this episode. I guess he will appear soon.
Jun 1, 2013 2:31 PM
Oct 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:

"The author does not know about science. The cannon ball would have killed Eren and Mikasa. It's because Eren=Mikasa*(cannon ball)^2. If we use the equation, the cannon ball clearly could have obliterated Eren and Mikasa. Only Armin could have survived because he's out of equation. The author is obviously an illiterate idiot and people who like this are wannabe who don't know crap." Or something like that?
Jun 1, 2013 2:34 PM

Jun 2008
Well, now I understand why Levi won the first place in popularity poll in Japan of the most popular character in Shingeki. He is the three b´s after all. BOSS. BADASS. BISHIE.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 1, 2013 2:39 PM

May 2013
So, how long until we get some fan art of Levi wearing Law's hat?
Jun 1, 2013 2:44 PM
May 2012
Personathor said:
So, how long until we get some fan art of Levi wearing Law's hat?

cuz kamiya hiroshi doesn't voice any other characters, right ...
and one piece sux btw :P ( unrelated flame war about to ensue ...
Jun 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
godamn, rivaille is fucking baws
Jun 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah... I just watched the raw. PERFECTION. Great adaptation that would satisfy both the manga readers, as well as the Anime-only viewers

Hanji's obsession with Titans is shown pretty clearly, I was hoping that she would sound scarier, as in more like an otaku.

I swear, that scene with Armin staring at Eren was traced from the manga, the stills in the ep and the reusage of footage was done masterfully, and everything was good. The skeleton looked amazing, and yeah...

I can't wait until the haters/ranters/ragers comment, one already voted it a 1/5(which, didn't happen to the last few eps if I remember correctly)
Jun 1, 2013 3:13 PM
Nov 2011
GodlyKyon said:
I can't wait until the haters/ranters/ragers comment, one already voted it a 1/5(which, didn't happen to the last few eps if I remember correctly)

^^^ Just please just ignore the haters. Haters have psychological need to ruin other people's fun. If you even show that their hating is upsetting you, they'll keep at it.
pmingJun 1, 2013 3:28 PM
Jun 1, 2013 3:22 PM

Apr 2009
pming would you shut up with this 'haters' nonsense? People are entitled to whatever opinions they want, this is a discussion thread not a circlejerk.

If you think people making curt negative comments is bad, then likewise people going "omg so epic" should also leave, yet you don't seem to have a problem with that.
Jun 1, 2013 3:26 PM

Aug 2008
Loved Rivaille's appearance! Awesome episode.
Jun 1, 2013 3:26 PM
Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
pming would you shut up with this 'haters' nonsense? People are entitled to whatever opinions they want, this is a discussion thread not a circlejerk.

If you think people making curt negative comments is bad, then likewise people going "omg so epic" should also leave, yet you don't seem to have a problem with that.

There's a big difference between constructive criticism and nitpicking criticism.

Haters think they're the former when they're actually the latter.

Also, I didn't bring up haters. Note the ^^^ on my post.

I'm just advising to ignore haters especially if you think their comments are hateful.
Jun 1, 2013 3:31 PM

Apr 2009
pming said:
Amarrez said:

There's a big difference between constructive criticism and nitpicking criticism.

I'm just advising to ignore haters especially if you think their comments are hateful.

If non-constructive negativity should be ignored, then why don't you feel the same way about non-constructive positivity? Both contribute more or less the same amount to a discussion.
Jun 1, 2013 3:36 PM
Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
pming said:
Amarrez said:

If non-constructive negativity should be ignored, then why don't you feel the same way about non-constructive positivity? Both contribute more or less the same amount to a discussion.

There's a big difference between positive and negative. Huge psychological difference.

Positive people encourages better community feeling. This is why positive is always recommended over negativity.

In any case, gg subs are out. WOOHOO!
Jun 1, 2013 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
Amarrez said:
pming said:
Amarrez said:

cause half the time, it is. If you see, discussions are quite often started with negative comments. Those comments saying "OMG SO EPIK!" usually don't get any attention.
Jun 1, 2013 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
i think this is what going to make me cave and just read the manga
Jun 1, 2013 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeHAwk616 said:
Amarrez said:
pming said:
Amarrez said:

cause half the time, it is. If you see, discussions are quite often started with negative comments. Those comments saying "OMG SO EPIK!" usually don't get any attention.
Yeah, which in turn means that discussins are sometimes pointless.
Jun 1, 2013 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
HOLY SHIZZ. Heartbeats were thumping hard during this ep. Can't wait to see as Erens' powers unfold.
Jun 1, 2013 3:41 PM
Oct 2010
mikasa = total badass. taking on all those pussies.

mind full of fuck at the giant transforming eren.

hope he either leaves and/or kills taht old doucher commander.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 1, 2013 3:43 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Fuck yeah, Rivaille is here! Seeing him being animated AND voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi is just too perfect. The scene with him talking to his dying teammate was sad ;_; btw, loving the addtional scenes with Hanji! Park Romi was also great with her portrayal of Hanji.

That choral bgm when Eren emerged from the grandpa titan was intense. Not to mention, I liked the one towards the end even better, when Eren pulled Mikasa along and tried to get to Armin. Ugh, the episodes always feel so short D: and that cliffhanger.
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Yesterday, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

» For educational purpose what would eren diagnosis look like

egosumjohn - Apr 3

15 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 8, 6:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.