Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 1, 2013 5:39 AM

Aug 2011
Amazing episode. A perfect adaption from the manga. Can't wait for the next part of the fight.
Jun 1, 2013 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
You know I'm super thought that Kinuhita was super genki in LN. I'm super don't expected her to be super stoic since I was super don't read Railgun manga.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 1, 2013 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
NeoAnkara said:
You know I'm super thought that Kinuhita was super genki in LN. I'm super don't expected her to be super stoic since I was super don't read Railgun manga.
I super saw what you super did.
Jun 1, 2013 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
^Misaka is not some cold blooded character. She still held a moral about respecting other life.

Moe life that is, she doesn't give a shit about how many peoples' lives the cute little assassin would end. I bet the mercs are going to be indirectly killed by someone else, would be the typical approach to save the hero's "morality" while conveniently getting rid of the problem. We'll see, hope I'm wrong anyway.

The actual fight was of good quality though, so + for that.
Jun 1, 2013 6:54 AM

Dec 2012
Frenda ur too cuteeee!

next episode pleaasee....
Jun 1, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
SuperFunSize said:
I wish Misaka would stop being such a pussy and just kill her enemies...

She's a 14 years old child for god"s sake... Do you often cross the path of a 14 years old girl who kill people just because they can? Misaka is supposed to be the only really sane character among the level 5, that's basically her trademark even more than her railgun move. Why do you want Misaka to be just a plain level 5 rather than someone who still have her complete sanity. We already have Accelerator for this as a main character (and he's awesome enough while being the only main character like that, thanks). There is no need for a second main character with exactly the same mentality, the two would overlap and Msiaka would be a mere female accelerator, talk about being boring.

You're basically suggesting that Misaka lose what makes her different from the other level 5, as well as a part of what makes her so awesome. Because it's so difficult to actually keep your sanity as a 14 year child with monstrous powers. If most of the level 5 were not able to bear it and have fallen, this should prove you how hard it is. Yet Misaka manages to stay on the right path, just like Kuroko who's bearing a really similar burden. If those two girls are awesome, that's also for this.

So in other words : hell no. Maybe near the end of the index series, why not; but definitely not before this.

Besides, if you want a version of Misaka who enjoy killing, we already have Misaka Worst who fils the bill...

Brotwo said:

Moe life that is, she doesn't give a shit about how many peoples' lives the cute little assassin would end. .

You do realize that it's not up to normal citizen to decide of that kind of thing. If anything, stopping her without killing her and handing her to Antiskill would be the right path. Except that under those circumstances, Misaka can't really go explain what she was doing in the lab to antiskill, right. That's still not an excuse to become a killer.
ZefyrisJun 1, 2013 7:16 AM
Jun 1, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2013
this ep definitely made up for the last one.
the blonde loli was way too cute
Jun 1, 2013 7:10 AM

May 2009
Cloudy-Sky said:

Tbh i didn't like how she blocked her kick at that moment since Misaka has no martial arts knowledge or experience in that matter and that was a really precise block. But oh well this is a small detail i think ^^

Tokiwadai actually teaches their students martial arts (or at least self-defence), so it's not unlikely that Mikoto is able to block something like that :)

http://mangafox.me/manga/to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun/v08/c052/2.html
"There are no hopeless situations in life. There are only people who have grown hopeless about them."
Jun 1, 2013 7:14 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
SuperFunSize said:

She's a 14 years old child for god"s sake... Do you often cross the path of a 14 years old girl who kill people just because they can? Misaka is supposed to be the only really sane character among the level 5, that's basically her trademark even more than her railgun move. Why do you want Misaka to be just a plain level 5 rather than someone who still have her complete sanity. We already have Accelerator for this as a main character (and he's awesome enough while being the only main character like that, thanks). There is no need for a second main character with exactly the same mentality, the two would overlap and Msiaka would be a mere female accelerator, talk about being boring.

You're basically suggesting that Misaka lose what makes her different from the other level 5, as well as a part of what makes her so awesome. Because it's so difficult to actually keep your sanity as a 14 year child with monstrous powers. If most of the level 5 were not able to bear it and have fallen, this should prove you how hard it is. Yet Misaka manages to stay on the right path, just like Kuroko who's bearing a really similar burden. If those two girls are awesome, that's also for this.

So in other words : hell no. Maybe near the end of the index series, why not; but definitely not before this.

Besides, if you want a version of Misaka who enjoy killing, we already have Misaka Worst who fils the bill...
Well there are another 2 Level 5's(
), that are sane(but have some quirks like Misaka does) and we dont actually know anything about #6.
And we already have the
ssjokgJun 1, 2013 7:29 AM
Jun 1, 2013 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
), that are sane(but have some quirks like Misaka does) and we dont actually know anything about #6.
And we already have the

Spoiler railgun manga/

Spoiler first LN series-

So neither the 5th nor the 7th have the kind of awesomeness I was talking about.

For the second spoiler, I already edited my previous post with her though so yes x]
Jun 1, 2013 7:29 AM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
ssjokg said:
And we already have the

Spoiler railgun manga/

Spoiler first LN series-

For the second spoiler, I already edited my previous post with her though so yes x]
Well she
So I would say that she knows what she is doing instead of being paranoid.

-_- I just saw that what I quoted and what I read in your post is different...Gonna edit...
Jun 1, 2013 7:53 AM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
CreationBreaker said:
dniv said:
Was the woman we heard talking to ITEM the voice for
I'm pretty sure she is usually the one doing these things which is why I ask. It would interesting to know whether or not that will be her voice in season 3/4/5 whenever she first appears.

I doubt it. ITEM's middleman was denoted as "the woman on the phone". See Volume 15 Chapter 2 Part 5. Most likely, it is the same woman and not
Besides...it's far too early for the person in the spoilers to be introduced.
THeir middleman is the

Right...I super forgot about her...

-MgZ_ said:

So how can Misaka win against one level five and two level four? I hope Kuroko arrives.

Easy. Level 5 does not automatically mean invincible. That is easily emphasized in Index (especially in the later events of the novels).

Keep dreaming. Kuroko arriving would defeat the purpose of Mikoto's actions and her character development. Besides, she's going to be super holding on by the skin of her teeth in the next episode.

Zefyris said:

Misaka is supposed to be the only really sane character among the level 5, that's basically her trademark even more than her railgun move.

Although, she may have lost the uniqueness of that thanks to
who seems to be pretty sane and rational (even more so than Mikoto) to me.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jun 1, 2013 8:23 AM

May 2012
It's official, I'm in love with Frenda.
Jun 1, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Zefyris said:
Brotwo said:

Moe life that is, she doesn't give a shit about how many peoples' lives the cute little assassin would end. .

You do realize that it's not up to normal citizen to decide of that kind of thing. If anything, stopping her without killing her and handing her to Antiskill would be the right path. Except that under those circumstances, Misaka can't really go explain what she was doing in the lab to antiskill, right. That's still not an excuse to become a killer.

Well if the only options are to let a murderer who is still murdering go lose or to kill that murderer, then there's no reason aside from personal feelings to let the murderer go unless you value the life of the murderer more than the life of their future victims or have the will/power/confidence/tenacity to prevent any future murders by said murderer.

Of course, as you said an alternative would be preferable in any case. Though aside from crippling the girl or turning herself in with her, I can't think of any. Both of which are still way better than just letting her walk though which is by far the most naive selfish and stupid thing one can do and isn't "level headed" at all for this case.
Jun 1, 2013 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Some really nice actions sequences in this episode. Animated GIF:
Jun 1, 2013 9:04 AM

Nov 2010
Very creative powers from Frenda this episode
Jun 1, 2013 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
It seems that many people like Frenda...

日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 1, 2013 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
I can't believe the Seiyuu for Frenda also did Kuroki Rei on Vividred Operation. Showing some nice range.
Jun 1, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
nice episode....

finally ITEM appears...

Frenda is so cute and doing the Johnny Bravo dance LOL...

next episode will be the screentime of Mugino against Misaka can't wait...

xD
Jun 1, 2013 9:36 AM

May 2012
Badass, Misaka!And pretty nice animation too.. hope this will be consistent until the end of the series.
Jun 1, 2013 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
Sorryssjokg, but since I don't know if your spoiler is about the manga or the 7th LN of NT, I didn't dare to read it.

Brotwo said:
Zefyris said:
Brotwo said:

Well if the only options are to let a murderer who is still murdering go lose or to kill that murderer, then there's no reason aside from personal feelings to let the murderer go unless you value the life of the murderer more than the life of their future victims or have the will/power/confidence/tenacity to prevent any future murders by said murderer.

Of course, as you said an alternative would be preferable in any case. Though aside from crippling the girl or turning herself in with her, I can't think of any. Both of which are still way better than just letting her walk though which is by far the most naive selfish and stupid thing one can do and isn't "level headed" at all for this case.

Well, a few things
1) You're still asking a 14 years old girl to kill someone
2) She doesn't really know if Frenda killed someone in the past, nor if she'll kill again later . Heck, I don't think it was ever mentioned if Frenda killed someone before in the manga or the LN(although she probably did given her personality). Amongst ITEM members, I'm pertty sure that Takitsubo never directly killed anyone for example. Kinuhita is quite the fighter so she probably killed quite a good amount. The real mad killer among the 4 of them is Mugino anyway, not Frenda.
3) Without Mugino's intervention here, this may have led to Misaka handing her over Antiskill by one way or another (she can hack into antiskill's systems if needed after all), but she never had a chance to choose properly, let alone to do it
4) That's still not her job and that would still make her a criminal by killing her. Well, you could say that she's already a criminal by destroying facilities, but between a terrorist just destroying things and someone who kill, there's quite a gap...
ZefyrisJun 1, 2013 10:09 AM
Jun 1, 2013 10:14 AM

Apr 2010
Misaka seems to be holding back a bit but i guess we will see her at full power next episode.
It was a pretty nice episode tho really liked how that girl underestimated Misaka seems they don't know their dealing with a level five she only mentioned her level was on pair with that of a level five.
Now that all of those mercenaries are in the building with Misaka that means Nunotaba won't have anyone standing in her way they sabotage the project on her end.
And from the looks of it Misaka doesn't have to destroy much since those mercenaries are doing it for her.
Jun 1, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Zefyris said:
.Well, a few things
1) You're still asking a 14 years old girl to kill someone
2) She doesn't really know if Frenda killed someone in the past, nor if she'll kill again later . Heck, I don't think it was ever mentioned if Frenda killed someone before in the manga or the LN(although she probably did given her personality). Amongst ITEM members, I'm pertty sure that Takitsubo never directly killed anyone for example. Kinuhita is quite the fighter so she probably killed quite a good amount. The real mad killer among them is Mugino anyway, not Frenda.
3) Without Mugino's intervention here, this may have led to Misaka handing her over Antiskill by one way or another (she can hack into antiskill's systems if needed after all), but she never had a chance to choose properly, let alone to do it
4) That's still not her job and that would still make her a criminal by killing her. Well, you could say that she's already a criminal by destroying facilities, but between a terrorist just destroying things and someone who kill, there's quite a gap...

1. True, as I said though - aside from personal feelings. 14 years old isn't really that young anyway, in the U.S. you can join the army at 17.
2. Misaka knows she's a pro at her work and that she doesn't care about who hires her and for what, so I think it's reasonable for Misaka to make the connections. Also, bombing people is directly killing them - that car bomb at the start for example, no way those guys survived.

I agree with 3 and 4 for the most part now that I think about it more, only gripe would be "not her job" doesn't really excuse her of fault from not doing anything when capable. Though if she just didn't have time and was going to hand her over to antiskill somehow, she's good.

Well, I agree with a lot of your points and I don't really see it as a silly aspect now that I've thought about it more - thanks. I'll just go with that she didn't get a chance to hand her over to antiskill and I'm satisfied.
Jun 1, 2013 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
Oh yes. Frenda's so cute! The voice fits her! Love the battle between her and Misaka. But this is going to get more exciting now Meltdowner's here!!! Expecting a good battle!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2013 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
Man this fucking season is so good.

Better than the first season for sure, better than every raildex so far.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 1, 2013 10:53 AM

Nov 2009
Brilliant episode!!!

Finally ITEM debuts in this arc Misaka VS Frenda was a good watch as it was packed with decent action. Frenda was quite clever with her tricks but against the Railgun (which she hasn't noticed that she is a definite Level 5) it will be very hard to make her fall. Seems like Mugino will be versing Misaka next and it was a good adaptation from the manga.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 1, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
So I know what I'm going to do now after I finish watching this season.
Jun 1, 2013 12:12 PM

Feb 2012
Alright I think this is now my favorite episode in the Railgun series.
Jun 1, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
This fight sure was amazing.Frenda is so cute and awesome *q* great episode in general.Can't wait to see whats next.
Jun 1, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
Sorryssjokg, but since I don't know if your spoiler is about the manga or the 7th LN of NT, I didn't dare to read it.
It's from the latest chapters of the manga.

@ Brotwo
1.That really doesnt matter at all.And joining the army=/=instantly being capable of murdering people.
2.ITEM and the rest of those organizations take jobs only by the heads of Academy City.So 9 out of 10 targets are OTHER dark organizations.The 1 out of 10 are "terrorists" like Mikasa or Skill Out.
Jun 1, 2013 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
omfg I'm digging Frenda :D
the voice suits her too, and looks like all the good stuff is starting now
hopefully Touma makes an apperance soon
Jun 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
Zefyris said:

ok thanks, I read your spoiler/

Jun 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2012
thats one explosive loli
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
Zefyris said:
ssjokg said:
Zefyris said:

ok thanks, I read your spoiler/

I think she is sane enough when she
Jun 1, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2011
Great battle between Misaka and Frenda. Next week is Mugino !!!!
Jun 1, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't say she was more insane than accelerator :D .
Jun 1, 2013 3:00 PM

Feb 2013
SuperFunSize said:

Defeats the point of stopping the experiments.
Jun 1, 2013 3:48 PM

Jul 2011
Fantastic episode! I didn't believe it when the episode is over how short this episode was...

Now I have a question, Misaka is the third strongest level 5 and Accelerator is the first so who is the second ? Meltdowner ?
Jun 1, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
ainky said:
Now I have a question, Misaka is the third strongest level 5 and Accelerator is the first so who is the second ? Meltdowner ?

Second is Dark Matter, Kakine Teitoku, and Meltdowner is fourth.
Little spoiler about level 5 ranks
Jun 1, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
Mike_the_Great said:
ainky said:

Thanks, this is really interesting. So in theory, Misaka could be even the weakest.
Jun 1, 2013 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
ainky said:
Mike_the_Great said:
ainky said:

Thanks, this is really interesting. So in theory, Misaka could be even the weakest.

In the end, I think she is the second weakest of the six whom we have met with Misaki being the weakest since her power is not entirely meant to be used in combat. Number 6 remains a mystery so we still have no idea who he is. Number 1 and 2 are in completely different leagues compared to 3-7. Number 7 can catch Mikoto's Railgun in his teeth and Number 4 is more powerful than Mikoto but also more unstable.

Jun 1, 2013 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, Frenda's so unbelievably haughty, yet in the end she cries like a little bi--.

I wonder if Mikoto could stand a chance against the whole of ITEM, including one lvl 5. Looking forward to it!

Jun 1, 2013 5:27 PM
Mar 2009
5/5 Perfect episode keep it up jc staff. As long as no more four clovers + saten fillers since i facepalmed enough times.If i rewatch this i would start at the episode misaka meets her clone then acelerator eps , fast fwrdskip factory sabotage ep fillers and Item arc for now. I can't wait till index 3 starts. :)
Jun 1, 2013 5:34 PM

Mar 2012
Easily the best episode so far.

That Frenda. She has a terrible personality, but she's still sooo cute. I don't understand.
Jun 1, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2009
CreationBreaker > Depend what you would call "powerfull". Actually I guess Misaki could hack every lvl5 minds, except Misaka, so...
And Gunha's the man, also :D.
Jun 1, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
Aerindel said:
CreationBreaker > Depend what you would call "powerfull". Actually I guess Misaki could hack every lvl5 minds, except Misaka, so...

Misaki would fail if she tried on Kakine (thanks to Dark Matter) or Accelerator (thanks to his passive vector reflection barrier). At the same time, I doubt (based on the similarity of Mikoto's and Mugino's powers at the fundamental level) she would be able to control Mugino either. Not to mention that Misaki's power is like Musujime Awaki's as they both have high degrees of freedom. At the same time, Misaki even told Touma flat out (in the most recent Index novel) what the limits of her power are.

Gunha is just awesomeness incarnate. I would love to see the day when he and Touma meet. :P

Jun 1, 2013 6:39 PM
Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
Aerindel said:

Misaki would fail if she tried on Kakine (thanks to Dark Matter) or Accelerator (thanks to his passive vector reflection barrier). At the same time, I doubt (based on the similarity of Mikoto's and Mugino's powers at the fundamental level) she would be able to control Mugino either. Not to mention that Misaki's power is like Musujime Awaki's as they both have high degrees of freedom. At the same time, Misaki even told Touma flat out (in the most recent Index novel) what the limits of her power are.

Gunha is just awesomeness incarnate. I would love to see the day when he and Touma meet. :P

They almost met :( Hope it will happen soon. But also, if you're asking about what they are doing. I will say Mugino's power as you saw at the end of the episode is easily stronger than Mikoto's. Don't forget that Mikoto is also tired now though. The most important fact to remember that Mikoto is "nice" while Mugino is not. Playing dirty makes you a lot stronger just naturally. Anyway, next two episodes will answer a lot of your guys's questions because they make a few of these points more clear.
Jun 1, 2013 6:42 PM

Apr 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Aerindel said:

Misaki would fail if she tried on Kakine (thanks to Dark Matter) or Accelerator (thanks to his passive vector reflection barrier).

Oh would i like to see Misaki vs either Accelerator or Dark Matter, it would be a good laugh.
Jun 1, 2013 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
Mike_the_Great said:
CreationBreaker said:
Aerindel said:

Misaki would fail if she tried on Kakine (thanks to Dark Matter) or Accelerator (thanks to his passive vector reflection barrier).

Oh would i like to see Misaki vs either Accelerator or Dark Matter, it would be a good laugh.

She wouldn't do that. She's not exactly the type of person who would pick a fight she couldn't win.

dniv said:

They almost met :( Hope it will happen soon. But also, if you're asking about what they are doing. I will say Mugino's power as you saw at the end of the episode is easily stronger than Mikoto's. Don't forget that Mikoto is also tired now though. The most important fact to remember that Mikoto is "nice" while Mugino is not. Playing dirty makes you a lot stronger just naturally. Anyway, next two episodes will answer a lot of your guys's questions because they make a few of these points more clear.

I remember that it was at some point stated that Mugino is much stronger than Mikoto but as evidenced by
, her power is unstable.

Not only is Mugino
but she would also probably be able to annihilate Mikoto's Railgun. The only reason

Jun 1, 2013 8:49 PM
Apr 2011
The episode was super good, and I thought Kinuhata was super cool. I'm super looking forward to the next episode. It should be super great!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.