New
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 12:33 AM

Sep 2013
Ayane_Hajinmon said:
KaguraUzumaki said:
my_name_is said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

AND YES KRISTA HAS BEEN SURROUNDED BY YMIR'S SOFT BITS.

THIS SO MUCH!! *burns self alive*

*screams* That's right, no other characters have been near each others' warm 'n wet bits.

http://s12.postimg.org/j9yh9p39p/aug_2013_draws_by_jjchopper_d6kb0cs_cut.jpg
i like the idea that miss little angel isnt so innocent XD

*claps hands vigorously* she probably isn't that innocent just seems that way.

MikasaxEren said:

I didn't mean to come off as aggressive, I was just defending my points and pointing out that if Mikasa and Eren are in a relationship with somebody in cannon, it only makes sense that it would be with eachother.

I just looked at my last response and face palmed, it is so unorganised and ugly, but I haven't slept in 33 hours, so I'm off now. I will discuss this more with everybody here when I'm a little less... Dead.

Ah I'm old enough to know that the words aren't the person behind the words plus I'm really hard to offend and I think when I post I sound completely obtuse. Although I wasn't replying to any point particular point when I first posted so you didn't need to go on the defensive! I was just sharing my opinion.

Ngl my eyes started to glaze over halfway through reading your response. I did try but then my brian was like 'uuuh no can do' and wandered off but wow 33 hours yes go sleep!
my_name_isSep 21, 2013 12:51 AM
Sep 21, 2013 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
Ayane_Hajinmon said:
KaguraUzumaki said:
my_name_is said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

*screams* That's right, no other characters have been near each others' warm 'n wet bits.

I just snorted my coffee. xD I'm positive that Krista is the pervert between the two of them. I mean, you just know that Ymir is shy and inexperienced while Krista is convincing her to do new things.
enjoy your friends while they can, they might die in a few chapters
Sep 21, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
KaguraUzumaki said:
Ayane_Hajinmon said:
KaguraUzumaki said:
my_name_is said:
KaguraUzumaki said:

I just snorted my coffee. xD I'm positive that Krista is the pervert between the two of them. I mean, you just know that Ymir is shy and inexperienced while Krista is convincing her to do new things.

That was really cute.
MikasaxEren said:
my_name_is said:
Look I mean no offence but I honestly have nothing to say in response. You don't need to convince me of anything - I'm not disagreeing with you I don't have enough opinions to disagree even if I wanted too. Please don't waste your effort and time on little ol' me trying to explain why Mikasa and Eren are valid as a ship I beg you. I'm a multishipper and a crackshipper and I am to new to this fandom to have anything profound to say.

You took my initial comment about Eren being asexual and not knowing he has a penis way to seriously. Like the previous commenter pointed out i'm kind of superficial in fact it was my mistake to try and add any deeper insight after the first line I wrote because now i'm tide up in knots.

I personally don't see Eren as having romantic or sexual feelings and I called this asexual but then again I don't know enough about actual asexuals so perhaps this was offensive as I believe that asexuals can have romantic relationships.

He doesn't know he has a penis okay that was my only point and I laughed hysterically at myself for an hour because some of the time he really doesn't have a penis!!!!!!

If anyone is on the same wavelength as me wave your hands (immature). Also any Burthold and Reiner shippers XD Although Reiner makes my head spin because half the time he seems interested in Annie. Damn him and his split-personality I'm just going to end up falling back on my default position in all fandoms which is orgies .

I didn't mean to come off as aggressive, I was just defending my points and pointing out that if Mikasa and Eren are in a relationship with somebody in cannon, it only makes sense that it would be with eachother.

I just looked at my last response and face palmed, it is so unorganised and ugly, but I haven't slept in 33 hours, so I'm off now. I will discuss this more with everybody here when I'm a little less... Dead.

The white knight needs rest
Sep 21, 2013 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
my_name_is said:

Isn't it the basis of his personality at the moment though? His main focus is to kill all the Titan's whatever his reasons. Yes I'm probably looking at it a bit superficially but I only read SNK like a week ago so I've not really had time to obsess yet.

Whatever his motivations are, and yes they're important, it doesn't change the outcome does it? I'm not the greatest at explaining myself (I ramble) maybe basis is the wrong word to use as that implies cause rather than effect and I didn't mean that Eren's 'kill them all' attitude is the foundation of everything about him its more that everything about him culminates in that? I know what I meant even if it wasn't clear :P

The journey is as important as the destination. A person killing another could be first-degree or self-defense depending on how it happened. While I agree Eren has yet to show any romantic tendencys yet should not prevent him from feeling romantic tendencies. If I was a commanding officer, I would have fried anyone whose main focus was on romance rather than killing titans.

Yes actually.
I'd personally draw up his hesitation over fighting Annie and co. is that a part of him had considered them as friends/allies so it's hard to just switch that off immediately. So there was initial conflict?

The way I see Eren (as superficial as it might be) is that yes he does actually enjoy killing those that he considers his enemy. The Titan that tried to eat him being classed as such and the men that he killed when he was 9. That was pretty bloodlusty to me - but it's only when he's lost in his beserker rage.

Also I can't remember the exact words but he gave a speech about life and fighting. In my opinion he actually has the urge to fight, enjoys the kill, and luckily enough for him (or so it seems at the moment) there is an enemy to fight. I do wonder though if this urge is related to something Dr Jaeger might have done though??!!

Imagine the internal conflict that will come when he realises that the enemy is not who or what he thought?

I wouldn't say he has blood lust. He killed those men who kidnapped Mikasa and killed her parents because 1.likely only way to save her 2.if he tried something more gentle, he probably would have been killed and 3.they killed already and did not deserve his mercy.

His speech about fighting was that if you didn't fight, you can't win. Mikasa was worried about losing and not being able to finish the guy. Eren provided the strength by telling her that she should not worry about losing/winning unless she fought because if you don't fight/struggle, there is no hope. Eren notes that if you lose, you die, if you win you live. Stark but true in SnK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpyqe6i80w

I would say 99% of people who had just been eaten by a titan wouldn't have minded killing it.

Its not so much internal conflict but confronting a traitor.

*Falls on face* This is basically what I was trying to say when I said Eren was asexual and doesn't realise he has a penis. I was being funny but then it was taken seriously! Eren and a romantic relationship just doesn't happen in my head.

That is actually kind of sad. Without the Titans Eren and Mikasa may never have met so is that the paradox? As terrible and as hard as their lives might be they have each other. Eren is kind of her whole world the day her parents died I think she decided to make Eren the thing that she fights for. The 'fight' is what Mikasa needs to live hmmmm basically in my mind it transcends a simple romantic relationship. I'm sure in like 500 chapters it will be easier to explain.

They may still have met, maybe not, who knows. I do agree is not a simple romantic relationship, but I contend that it contains romantic elements. All it needs imo is for Eren to have no longer have to fight titans and then something will happen. I see irony in that if it wasn't for the titans Mikasa and Eren may not have met, but currently, the titans are what is stopping them from being a couple.
Sep 21, 2013 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
When their relationship kicks off (which it will!) it is going to be one crazy relationship.

I mean Mikasa loves him so much, and she is only passionate around Eren, that and with her physical ability... I don't think Eren is going to be so sad and depressed no more.
And for Mikasa she would be happy that Eren is just with her. But all it would take for her to make Eren try harder is act protecting or mothering and he would get determined to show her just how much better he is...
That and all that spirit and passion Eren has, let's just say Eren can probably get it "on" better than most.

White knight just became black knight
Sep 21, 2013 4:46 PM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
When their relationship kicks off (which it will!) it is going to be one crazy relationship.

I mean Mikasa loves him so much, and she is only passionate around Eren, that and with her physical ability... I don't think Eren is going to be so sad and depressed no more.
And for Mikasa she would be happy that Eren is just with her. But all it would take for her to make Eren try harder is act protecting or mothering and he would get determined to show her just how much better he is...
That and all that spirit and passion Eren has, let's just say Eren can probably get it "on" better than most.

White knight just became black knight

Erhm...

The Black Knight Rises?
Sep 21, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Also episode 24 in the anime gave us a better look into Mikasa's thoughts about Eren too (although they are already obvious)

The close up of her eye quivering/shaking as she is asking if "certain feelings" are holding Eren back from fighting Annie, and then "This world is a cruel place". I felt bad for Mikasa then.
Then when she fights Annie it's not for humanity or to help the others, but for personal reasons "I won't let you have Eren!"
"Have" Eren? In what way? Oh dear Mikasa was mad at Annie this episode. I didn't like that they took out Mikasa's "this is a cruel world" triggering his transformation though.
That punch afterwards was epic
"Yeah it is".
Sep 21, 2013 11:19 PM

Sep 2013
Am I the only one who has failed to see (if any) the chemistry between Annie and Eren? Apart from the occasion, which was in the very first few chapters, where she taught him her fighting skills, they hardly have any interaction from what I can recall. It was only after the FT reveal, then I found out that Eren actually has feelings for Annie.
Sep 21, 2013 11:28 PM

Aug 2013
Hitchcocker said:
Am I the only one who has failed to see (if any) the chemistry between Annie and Eren? Apart from the occasion, which was in the very first few chapters, where she taught him her fighting skills, they hardly have any interaction from what I can recall. It was only after the FT reveal, then I found out that Eren actually has feelings for Annie.

He doesn't have feelings for Annie, the author said so himself, it's just that he still sees her as an ally.
Sep 22, 2013 4:35 AM

Sep 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
Hitchcocker said:

He doesn't have feelings for Annie, the author said so himself, it's just that he still sees her as an ally.

His denial could easily be interpreted as so though. Thats a shame, I think they would have made a cute couple together. What is it with Eren and these Alpha females.
Sep 22, 2013 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
Hitchcocker said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Hitchcocker said:

His denial could easily be interpreted as so though. Thats a shame, I think they would have made a cute couple together. What is it with Eren and these Alpha females.

I used to think so, but that relationship would be a disaster, he'd always be in conflict with himself over the fact that she killed many of his allies.
Sep 23, 2013 12:45 AM
Aug 2013
all these shipping wars in this thread
i mean everything in this series is shippable
Sep 23, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2013
promptu said:
all these shipping wars in this thread
i mean everything in this series is shippable

This isn't a war, it's clean up duty.
Sep 23, 2013 2:44 AM

Aug 2013
God damn it's like a minefield in here. Narratively speaking it's clear that Eren and Mikasa are the most viable couple, and I say that without having a dog in this fight. All other ships would be fraught with age differences, OOC interactions, and tiny nagging complications like one of the pair being genocidal.
Sep 23, 2013 2:52 AM

Jul 2013
Jotaro_Kujo said:
God damn it's like a minefield in here. Narratively speaking it's clear that Eren and Mikasa are the most viable couple, and I say that without having a dog in this fight. All other ships would be fraught with age differences, OOC interactions, and tiny nagging complications like one of the pair being genocidal.

What about YmirxChrista? = (

Isayama did say Ymir had romantic affections towards Christa (Historia now), though its not certain if Historia views Ymir that way.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 23, 2013 3:08 AM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

Isayama did say Ymir had romantic affections towards Christa (Historia now), though its not certain if Historia views Ymir that way.

Well there's at least a half-century age difference here, but I suppose since Ymir is physically a teenager that shouldn't be problematic. I agree that they're sort of viable, but it's clear that Historia cares for Ymir as a friend and not romantically.
Sep 23, 2013 3:24 AM
Jul 2013
Jotaro_Kujo said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

Well there's at least a half-century age difference here, but I suppose since Ymir is physically a teenager that shouldn't be problematic. I agree that they're sort of viable, but it's clear that Historia cares for Ymir as a friend and not romantically.

Don't worreh mate.
I'm sure it'll go canon just like Eren x Mikasa.
Sep 23, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
Jotaro_Kujo said:

I never realised that. I think I regret realising it now...
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 23, 2013 1:39 PM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

No, don't let him fool you.

Historia loves Ymir.

Don't let him fool you.
Sep 23, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

Historia loves Ymir.

Don't let him fool you.

I know Historia is all over Ymir. But Ymir has more than half a century on her...
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 23, 2013 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
I like Erwin/Levi, but I voted for Sasha/Potato.
Sep 23, 2013 6:13 PM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

Historia loves Ymir.

Don't let him fool you.

I know Historia is all over Ymir. But Ymir has more than half a century on her...

Just means that she's more matured?

Also means that... she knows a lot of "techniques".

Sure enough to capture her "prey", no? c;
Sep 23, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

Historia loves Ymir.

Don't let him fool you.

Hmmmmm...

Ymir has now won the 'Best Lesbian Cougar in all Animanga' award, seeing as she might be the only one. YmirxChrista (Historia) FOREVER!!!!
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 24, 2013 2:53 AM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Jotaro_Kujo said:

Historia loves Ymir.

Don't let him fool you.

Hmmmmm...

Ymir has now won the 'Best Lesbian Cougar in all Animanga' award, seeing as she might be the only one. YmirxChrista (Historia) FOREVER!!!!

Ymir x Historia forever indeed!!!!!
Sep 24, 2013 9:15 AM

Aug 2010
Eren x Mikasa or bust
Sep 24, 2013 1:56 PM
Jul 2013
stickmansam said:
Eren x Mikasa or bust

QFT.

And also Ymir x Historia.
Sep 24, 2013 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
stickmansam said:
Eren x Mikasa or bust

QFT.

Just popping in to say I approve of this message.
Sep 25, 2013 2:41 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
Xinception said:
stickmansam said:
Eren x Mikasa or bust

QFT.

Just popping in to say I approve of this message.

+1
Sep 25, 2013 11:43 PM
Sep 2013
I might get eaten alive here, but I feel like Mikasa acts like a mama hen when it comes to Eren. Aside from the fact that she blushed that time she was mistaken for his girlfriend. If this ship happens, I'll be okay. If it doesn't happen, I'll be a bit sad, but I'll also be glad if they all end up alive, ya know?
And I know Eren has an inferiority complex when it comes to Mikasa, which I hope he gets over. You don't understand how happy I was at the way he reacted during his trial when he heard he tried to kill Mikasa. Also loved how he defended her. I guess he doesn't get to do much of that anymore since she's such a strong woman, hence his feelings of inferiority. I guess I could understand that. I just want Eren to show her some more appreciation. Kinda like when his mom died, he regretted the way he acted towards her at the house. I just don't want him to end up feeling that way if (IF, I STRESS IF) Mikasa (SOMEHOW) gets killed off.
Anyway. I don't doubt that Mikasa loves Eren with all of her little heart, and I definitely believe that he is her will to live. I'm just not sure if she is undoubtedly IN LOVE with him, per se. Yes, she wants to remain by his side no matter what. I just don't know if she wants to be by his side as his lover.

Also, poor bby Jean, I just want that poor sap to be happy, haha. I think the most he'll get out of Mikasa is acknowledgment or gratitude. Poor bby.

PS,
The way Mikasa was acting when she asked Eren if he had feelings for Annie didn't strike me as crazy jealousy. It may just be me, but I feel like she was just trying to shock Eren into action by being painfully blunt about all the facts. Obviously Eren admires Annie and vice versa. But i have no clue forreal. These characters are way too complicated and are living in a way too complicated universe! D:
Sep 26, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
grimeszy said:
I might get eaten alive here, but I feel like Mikasa acts like a mama hen when it comes to Eren. Aside from the fact that she blushed that time she was mistaken for his girlfriend. If this ship happens, I'll be okay. If it doesn't happen, I'll be a bit sad, but I'll also be glad if they all end up alive, ya know?
And I know Eren has an inferiority complex when it comes to Mikasa, which I hope he gets over. You don't understand how happy I was at the way he reacted during his trial when he heard he tried to kill Mikasa. Also loved how he defended her. I guess he doesn't get to do much of that anymore since she's such a strong woman, hence his feelings of inferiority. I guess I could understand that. I just want Eren to show her some more appreciation. Kinda like when his mom died, he regretted the way he acted towards her at the house. I just don't want him to end up feeling that way if (IF, I STRESS IF) Mikasa (SOMEHOW) gets killed off.
Anyway. I don't doubt that Mikasa loves Eren with all of her little heart, and I definitely believe that he is her will to live. I'm just not sure if she is undoubtedly IN LOVE with him, per se. Yes, she wants to remain by his side no matter what. I just don't know if she wants to be by his side as his lover.

Also, poor bby Jean, I just want that poor sap to be happy, haha. I think the most he'll get out of Mikasa is acknowledgment or gratitude. Poor bby.

PS,
The way Mikasa was acting when she asked Eren if he had feelings for Annie didn't strike me as crazy jealousy. It may just be me, but I feel like she was just trying to shock Eren into action by being painfully blunt about all the facts. Obviously Eren admires Annie and vice versa. But i have no clue forreal. These characters are way too complicated and are living in a way too complicated universe! D:

I wouldn't think that Eren has a true "inferiority complex" in that he wants to be able to stronger than Mikasa but that he wants to be able to be strong enough that she doesn't have to act and therefore be in danger.

I would say that Mikasa does want to be by his side as lover also due to her reaction in ep24 when he pulls her closer and her awesome Yandere eyes when talking about Annie XD She does act protective in a way I can relate to your understanding, but more like she is the dominant one in the relationship, not necessary as coming from a mother like angle.

Also unlike titans, we do not eat people alive :)
Sep 26, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2009
omfg guys.

ErenxMikasa shippers need to chill the hell out.

Not everyone ships in strict accordance to canon - when people say 'they'd be cute together', we are not requesting an analytical sweep of every page of manga for evidence of interaction. Many people prefer ships based on potential rather than actuality - imagining characters in alternate worlds, without certain events/characters, where the plot takes sharp turns pushing some characters together and others apart, and just are interested to imagine how it'd develop in 'another world'.

---

as for my opinion... *shrug*. Not much of one. I can't honestly see any ships happening just because the series is so disinterested in romance - or even sex in general (an anime without fanservice, eh?).

If anything is going to happen, it's prolly ErenxMikasa, although I can quite easily imagine "happen" means one will brutally die for the other (or just accidentally at the last moment), and we get a glimpse of the culmination of their feelings in a life-before-your-eyes flashback. Combines the romance with typical SnK "yes, it got worse" tone.

Honestly I'd kinda like this anime to take another step in dark, and enter deconstruction territory (maybe taking a leaf out of eva's book, but I don't want it to go full out crazy), where Eren's predictable shounen hero determination becomes crippling and he is consumed by bloodlust and uncontrollable rage, and Mikasa's is shown to be as obsessive, all-consuming, and destructive as a yandere irl would be. Romance would be hinted at but ultimately impossible. I don't think such a direction is impossible. Eren's behaviour as a Titan can border on scary and inhuman (think of the "I'll devour you" comment in his and Annie's fight), and Mikasa's sudden shifts in mood when Eren "dies" are quite alarming, and potentially obsessive.

uh yeah guys, I'll just stick to YmirxChrista and SashaxPotato...
Sep 26, 2013 4:50 PM
Jul 2013
Red_Kitty said:
omfg guys.

Not everyone ships in strict accordance to canon - when people say 'they'd be cute together', we are not requesting an analytical sweep of every page of manga for evidence of interaction. Many people prefer ships based on potential rather than actuality - imagining characters in alternate worlds, without certain events/characters, where the plot takes sharp turns pushing some characters together and others apart, and just are interested to imagine how it'd develop in 'another world'.

---

as for my opinion... *shrug*. Not much of one. I can't honestly see any ships happening just because the series is so disinterested in romance - or even sex in general (an anime without fanservice, eh?).

If anything is going to happen, it's prolly ErenxMikasa, although I can quite easily imagine "happen" means one will brutally die for the other (or just accidentally at the last moment), and we get a glimpse of the culmination of their feelings in a life-before-your-eyes flashback. Combines the romance with typical SnK "yes, it got worse" tone.

Honestly I'd kinda like this anime to take another step in dark, and enter deconstruction territory (maybe taking a leaf out of eva's book, but I don't want it to go full out crazy), where Eren's predictable shounen hero determination becomes crippling and he is consumed by bloodlust and uncontrollable rage, and Mikasa's is shown to be as obsessive, all-consuming, and destructive as a yandere irl would be. Romance would be hinted at but ultimately impossible. I don't think such a direction is impossible. Eren's behaviour as a Titan can border on scary and inhuman (think of the "I'll devour you" comment in his and Annie's fight), and Mikasa's sudden shifts in mood when Eren "dies" are quite alarming, and potentially obsessive.

I like your ships, they're canon in our eyes. c:

I see you like the tragic death path. Well, that might actually happen, I can imagine Eren blocking the blow for Mikasa, and dies, leaving Mikasa impregnated and widowed. (Yes, impregnated. Thank you, Metro: Last Light.)

But, tbh, we've seen enough tragedies, you've gotta balance it all out, add some different flavors, even if it's in the tragedy genre. All tragic wouldn't be too fun, no?

I personally, strongly, believe that Eren x Mikasa will happen and they will have a good end.

You're welcome to give either a 2 cent or no shit.
Sep 26, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
Red_Kitty said:
omfg guys.

---

Then there's nothing to talk about. Seriously though, when you say they'd be cute together, that implies potential yes, but if not based on canon, then based on what? Appearances? Matching hair color?

I've already gone over this, you can ship whatever you want, just don't get all up in arms when it's called a crack shipping if there's no canon basis for it.
Sep 27, 2013 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
I don't get how people can say that Eren will end up hurting those around him did to his "bloodlust". I mean everytime we see him go into bloodlust mode it is because he is trying to protect something (Mikasa from kidnappers, Trost and it's people from titans, Mikasa and his comrades from Annie). The only time we see Eren explicitly enjoy killing is when his titan form is in control (his first transformation) and as said by Mikasa it is almost a manifestation of humanities rage.
That is what Eren's titan form is, his anger and will, and it also has it's own personality ( I will "control" the titan and he nearly loses it when fighting against Annie, when he goes crazy and said "I'll eat you").
Both Eren and Mikasa are damaged people, it is why they need eachother so much.
Sep 27, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2013
MikasaxEren said:
I don't get how people can say that Eren will end up hurting those around him did to his "bloodlust". I mean everytime we see him go into bloodlust mode it is because he is trying to protect something (Mikasa from kidnappers, Trost and it's people from titans, Mikasa and his comrades from Annie). The only time we see Eren explicitly enjoy killing is when his titan form is in control (his first transformation) and as said by Mikasa it is almost a manifestation of humanities rage.
That is what Eren's titan form is, his anger and will, and it also has it's own personality ( I will "control" the titan and he nearly loses it when fighting against Annie, when he goes crazy and said "I'll eat you").

Well said sir.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 29, 2013 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
If any of these ships come into fruition, it will probably be Mikaere. However, the way I see it playing out in my head is that there won't really be any onscreen romance, per se. The series will end, humanity is saved, and there will be a full, two-page illustration of Eren, Mikasa, and Armin journeying out to see the world. Probably some feathers/wings to really bring the caged animal/freedom theme full circle.

That's assuming that it's a happy ending and neither of them die. There are some shounen mangas out there in which you can rest easy through every battle scene because you know that your faves are untouchable. This is not one of those. Isayama has made pretty clear that no one is off limits (i.e. Levi's team... as soon as you're starting to warm up to them and possibly start forming ships coughlevixpetracough, a wild Annie appears and brutally murders them all). Going along with that logic, it is completely possible that Eren or Mikasa might get killed before anything romantic can develop between them.

ALSO, I saw a post on here somewhere, but I can't find it to quote it. Basically, people can ship whatever they want and for a variety of reasons. Non-canon shippers don't go scouring through the manga/anime looking for hints of romance or sexual tension because they think it's going to happen; they do it because they know it isn't and they are going down with their ships, aye aye fucking captain. That being said, my personal OTP is Eren/Levi. Yes, the odds of that pairing happening are below absolute zero. But I like ze yaois and thanks to all the pretty fanart and doujinshis, the pairing ignited the flames of moe of my inner fujoshi.

And just to address the pairing that seems to get the most hate: Levi/Mikasa

Even though any evidence of them holding any interest in each other is contrived and far-reaching at best, I can see why some might ship them:
- They are both incredibly strong
- Both have somewhat cold and callous personalities
- They seem to have an antagonistic (but grudgingly cooperative) rapport, which is more than enough to kindle a raging fire of the classic love/hate romance story (hence the fics that MikasaxEren angrily refers to)

TL;DR: Shipping isn't logical. Specifically, noncanon ships are not meant to be logical. They go strong because they are fueled by imagination and endless, endless headcanon.
(눈_눈)
Sep 29, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2013
katarin said:
If any of these ships come into fruition, it will probably be Mikaere. However, the way I see it playing out in my head is that there won't really be any onscreen romance, per se. The series will end, humanity is saved, and there will be a full, two-page illustration of Eren, Mikasa, and Armin journeying out to see the world. Probably some feathers/wings to really bring the caged animal/freedom theme full circle.

That's assuming that it's a happy ending and neither of them die. There are some shounen mangas out there in which you can rest easy through every battle scene because you know that your faves are untouchable. This is not one of those. Isayama has made pretty clear that no one is off limits (i.e. Levi's team... as soon as you're starting to warm up to them and possibly start forming ships coughlevixpetracough, a wild Annie appears and brutally murders them all). Going along with that logic, it is completely possible that Eren or Mikasa might get killed before anything romantic can develop between them.

ALSO, I saw a post on here somewhere, but I can't find it to quote it. Basically, people can ship whatever they want and for a variety of reasons. Non-canon shippers don't go scouring through the manga/anime looking for hints of romance or sexual tension because they think it's going to happen; they do it because they know it isn't and they are going down with their ships, aye aye fucking captain. That being said, my personal OTP is Eren/Levi. Yes, the odds of that pairing happening are below absolute zero. But I like ze yaois and thanks to all the pretty fanart and doujinshis, the pairing ignited the flames of moe of my inner fujoshi.

And just to address the pairing that seems to get the most hate: Levi/Mikasa

Even though any evidence of them holding any interest in each other is contrived and far-reaching at best, I can see why some might ship them:
- They are both incredibly strong
- Both have somewhat cold and callous personalities
- They seem to have an antagonistic (but grudgingly cooperative) rapport, which is more than enough to kindle a raging fire of the classic love/hate romance story (hence the fics that MikasaxEren angrily refers to)

TL;DR: Shipping isn't logical. Specifically, noncanon ships are not meant to be logical. They go strong because they are fueled by imagination and endless, endless headcanon.

Yes, but then what is there to talk about? Unless you're trying to convert people to your shipping, non canon pairings have very little to talk about and otherwise will just cause arguments with other people due to their stubbornness.
Sep 29, 2013 3:48 PM

Nov 2009
MikasaxEren said:

I think it's easy to mix anime!eren, who's had his rage stepped up a level in uncontrollable, to manga!eren who has a more level head on his shoulders, although still holds a passionate, unshakeable grudge and hatred of Titans.

Also you could argue that because they're damaged people, they'd possibly be bad and fuel each other? I've seen that happen in real life, to be honest, where two mentally broken friends got worse after dating each other. Depends on individual cases, it can obviously be good for empathy etc. but usually a mentally healthy partner will have better habits and have more time to pay attention to yours and thus can help them out a lot.

Then there's nothing to talk about. Seriously though, when you say they'd be cute together, that implies potential yes, but if not based on canon, then based on what? Appearances? Matching hair color?

I've already gone over this, you can ship whatever you want, just don't get all up in arms when it's called a crack shipping if there's no canon basis for it.

"Oh, X and Y would be cute together, no?"
"No way, she's too old for him."
"Nah, they're both adults, and besides I think X would really suit a level-headed partner. They'd bounce off each other."
"Isn't X too much of a daredevil, though?"
"Nah, Y has an eccentric streak, despite her appearances. If you look at her reaction here [page number], you see her smirking in the background."
"I don't know, I think Y's too passive for a combative relationship. How about Z instead?"
"You're joking right? Z's like a buddhist monk. Z would never date anyone!"
"That's what makes it funny lol."

Instead of:

"No, that's not canon."
Sep 29, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:

Yes, but then what is there to talk about? Unless you're trying to convert people to your shipping, non canon pairings have very little to talk about and otherwise will just cause arguments with other people due to their stubbornness.

There's a lot to talk about. Shipping whatever pairings doesn't detract from overall enjoyment of the anime. Ships also don't rule the anime; there's a lot more too it, like a great story line, epic scenes, character development, humor, etc. It just sounds to me you've had a lot of unpleasant encounters with young, illogical teeny-bopper type fangirls, in which case all I can say is ignore them? They'll grow out of it eventually (like I did lmfao) and feel really embarrassed about it later in life.

And as far as causing arguments, from what I can see in this thread, the only one causing arguments is you and your stubbornness. I've skimmed through most of the posts in this thread, and no one is trying to convert you to another ship or trying to sink yours. To the contrary, most people here acknowledge that within Isayama's work, Eren/Mikasa is the only ship that will probably ever sail (given what we know about the story at this point in time). Simply, all they've said are comments such as: "I like X pairing better than Mikaere because X pairing gives off a better feel to me," or "IDK, I just like the (potential?) chemistry between A and B better than Mikaere." A very important note, those are all I comments, statements of subjectivity, based on their own personal feelings and perceptions. But you treat these like shots fired against your ship, which they are very much NOT.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Harry Potter fandom, but Harry/Hermione shippers rode that little piece of driftwood to the bottom of Davy Jones's Locker (same with Dramione, which everyone KNEW would never, ever happen in a million years). I'm pretty sure no one ever thought it could ever actually be canon, but they just liked the chemistry (or POTENTIAL chemistry) of the characters if they ever were to mesh romantically, hence the influx of art, fics, etc.

The aforementioned is plenty to talk about among us noncanon shippers. And still, I haven't seen anyone try to sink your ship. All of the posts supporting other pairings were simply adding their piece since this is, after all, a thread to talk about their own ships. So maybe save your ammo for those actually attacking you?

All ships were not created equal; that is, some are canon and some aren't. But that doesn't mean we can't all share the seas~
(눈_눈)
Sep 29, 2013 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
katarin said:
ErenxMikasa said:

There's a lot to talk about. Shipping whatever pairings doesn't detract from overall enjoyment of the anime. Ships also don't rule the anime; there's a lot more too it, like a great story line, epic scenes, character development, humor, etc. It just sounds to me you've had a lot of unpleasant encounters with young, illogical teeny-bopper type fangirls, in which case all I can say is ignore them? They'll grow out of it eventually (like I did lmfao) and feel really embarrassed about it later in life.

And as far as causing arguments, from what I can see in this thread, the only one causing arguments is you and your stubbornness. I've skimmed through most of the posts in this thread, and no one is trying to convert you to another ship or trying to sink yours. To the contrary, most people here acknowledge that within Isayama's work, Eren/Mikasa is the only ship that will probably ever sail (given what we know about the story at this point in time). Simply, all they've said are comments such as: "I like X pairing better than Mikaere because X pairing gives off a better feel to me," or "IDK, I just like the (potential?) chemistry between A and B better than Mikaere." A very important note, those are all I comments, statements of subjectivity, based on their own personal feelings and perceptions. But you treat these like shots fired against your ship, which they are very much NOT.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Harry Potter fandom, but Harry/Hermione shippers rode that little piece of driftwood to the bottom of Davy Jones's Locker (same with Dramione, which everyone KNEW would never, ever happen in a million years). I'm pretty sure no one ever thought it could ever actually be canon, but they just liked the chemistry (or POTENTIAL chemistry) of the characters if they ever were to mesh romantically, hence the influx of art, fics, etc.

The aforementioned is plenty to talk about among us noncanon shippers. And still, I haven't seen anyone try to sink your ship. All of the posts supporting other pairings were simply adding their piece since this is, after all, a thread to talk about their own ships. So maybe save your ammo for those actually attacking you?

All ships were not created equal; that is, some are canon and some aren't. But that doesn't mean we can't all share the seas~

You do realize that MikasaxEren and I are not the same person right? I appreciate his passion for the shipping though. If you don't want cannons fired at your ship, don't put it to sea.

Red_Kitty said:
MikasaxEren said:

I think it's easy to mix anime!eren, who's had his rage stepped up a level in uncontrollable, to manga!eren who has a more level head on his shoulders, although still holds a passionate, unshakeable grudge and hatred of Titans.

Also you could argue that because they're damaged people, they'd possibly be bad and fuel each other? I've seen that happen in real life, to be honest, where two mentally broken friends got worse after dating each other. Depends on individual cases, it can obviously be good for empathy etc. but usually a mentally healthy partner will have better habits and have more time to pay attention to yours and thus can help them out a lot.

"No way, she's too old for him."
"Nah, they're both adults, and besides I think X would really suit a level-headed partner. They'd bounce off each other."
"Isn't X too much of a daredevil, though?"
"Nah, Y has an eccentric streak, despite her appearances. If you look at her reaction here [page number], you see her smirking in the background."
"I don't know, I think Y's too passive for a combative relationship. How about Z instead?"
"You're joking right? Z's like a buddhist monk. Z would never date anyone!"
"That's what makes it funny lol."

Instead of:

"No, that's not canon."

That's what MikasaxEren's been doing, and the other shippers get all offended that he's "shoving opinions down their throat." Also your example implies that they're discussing canon traits anyway, so which I am very open to.

If people have a problem with someone presenting an argument against their opinion, they shouldn't bother to post.
ErenxMikasaSep 29, 2013 4:57 PM
Sep 29, 2013 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
It's one thing to encourage an open discussion, and another to drown out everyone else's opinions when its contrary to your own.

Yeah, lol. MikasaxEren, ErenxMikasa. Your usernames are mirrors of each other, so sorry if I get you mixed up. However, I do know that you both take a rather antagonistic stance against other ships, even when literally all they said was "hey I like this ship."

ErenxMikasa said:
skittle316 said:
Levi X Irvin/Mikasa X Jean crew checking in.

The second shipping needs to check out.. permanently

I have no problem with anyone's ship. But both MxE and ExM seem to have problems with everyone else's ship, particularly those that aren't canon. Like I said before, not all ships have to be canon. If they are, great! If not, still great.

Clearly, not everyone agrees with you. If they already stated they have different opinions that are not going to change, then continuing to hound them with counter arguments after counter arguments is, indeed, "shoving opinions down their throats."
(눈_눈)
Sep 29, 2013 6:08 PM

Aug 2013
katarin said:
It's one thing to encourage an open discussion, and another to drown out everyone else's opinions when its contrary to your own.

Yeah, lol. MikasaxEren, ErenxMikasa. Your usernames are mirrors of each other, so sorry if I get you mixed up. However, I do know that you both take a rather antagonistic stance against other ships, even when literally all they said was "hey I like this ship."

ErenxMikasa said:
skittle316 said:
Levi X Irvin/Mikasa X Jean crew checking in.

The second shipping needs to check out.. permanently

I have no problem with anyone's ship. But both MxE and ExM seem to have problems with everyone else's ship, particularly those that aren't canon. Like I said before, not all ships have to be canon. If they are, great! If not, still great.

Clearly, not everyone agrees with you. If they already stated they have different opinions that are not going to change, then continuing to hound them with counter arguments after counter arguments is, indeed, "shoving opinions down their throats."

That particular post was more of a joke, if I was serious I would have gone a bit more in depth than that. It was also not particularly meant to be polite since the person I was replying to, if you look at his other posts, isn't exactly polite either.
Sep 29, 2013 6:21 PM

Feb 2010
I will never understand how the fuck people came up with levi x eren.
Sep 29, 2013 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
Vanisher said:
I will never understand how the fuck people came up with levi x eren.

FUJOSHI POWER. ^_^

Once you step into the flames of delusion, there is no stepping out...
(눈_눈)
Sep 29, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
There needs to be a "final solution" to the shipping problem.

I haven't attacked any ships baselessly in this thread, all of my statements have been based around cannon events. Crack ships irritate me to no end because I get this crap shoved down my throat in PMs on ff.net. The rabid Levi fan girls are the one's who really hate me though.
To other shippers I say this, read my other posts in this thread, understand them and see my point.

My point that is, I want this manga to be the best it can be, and quite frankly some of these ships would destroy it.
Sep 29, 2013 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
I would understand your anger if these "rabid Levi fan girls" are attacking you out of nowhere. Are they though? I'm genuinely curious. But even so, maybe it's best to leave that anger on ff.net...

I have read all your posts. I'm not debating any of your points; in fact, I agree that Mikaere is the most logical pair and the one that would be most cohesive with the manga plot. However, to say that ships would destroy a manga is a little bit dramatic. I doubt Isayama is going to stick two characters together just because of overwhelming fan demand. That's the only way ships could destroy a manga; otherwise, it doesn't really matter what people ship because the mangaka is just going to write what he has envisioned and planned out from the start.

Shipping wars, however, can certainly ruin a fandom. I've lurked through many of these wars in my time, and I can (not so proudly) call myself a veteran. Call me a pacifist, but war has made me weary. I usually stick to the shadows, but it just bugs me when I see one side stomping everyone else out. No one really "wins" shipping wars. Even if Mikaere end up in the end, diehard Mikasa/Levi, Mikasa/Jean, or Mikasa/Potato/Sasha will just write a billion post-SNK fics... my point is that it's stupid to argue which ship is better or which ship is canon or your ship sucks because it ruins my ship, etc, etc.

And why do you need to attack other ships anyway? Baselessly or not, I still haven't seen anyone attack your ship...
(눈_눈)
Sep 29, 2013 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
katarin said:
I would understand your anger if these "rabid Levi fan girls" are attacking you out of nowhere. Are they though? I'm genuinely curious. But even so, maybe it's best to leave that anger on ff.net...

I have read all your posts. I'm not debating any of your points; in fact, I agree that Mikaere is the most logical pair and the one that would be most cohesive with the manga plot. However, to say that ships would destroy a manga is a little bit dramatic. I doubt Isayama is going to stick two characters together just because of overwhelming fan demand. That's the only way ships could destroy a manga; otherwise, it doesn't really matter what people ship because the mangaka is just going to write what he has envisioned and planned out from the start.

Shipping wars, however, can certainly ruin a fandom. I've lurked through many of these wars in my time, and I can (not so proudly) call myself a veteran. Call me a pacifist, but war has made me weary. I usually stick to the shadows, but it just bugs me when I see one side stomping everyone else out. No one really "wins" shipping wars. Even if Mikaere end up in the end, diehard Mikasa/Levi, Mikasa/Jean, or Mikasa/Potato/Sasha will just write a billion post-SNK fics... my point is that it's stupid to argue which ship is better or which ship is canon or your ship sucks because it ruins my ship, etc, etc.

And why do you need to attack other ships anyway? Baselessly or not, I still haven't seen anyone attack your ship...

My real hate stems from the blatant Eren bashing that most of the other shippers support, they don't understand him as a character at all and it irks me to no end.
Offense is the best form of defense, and some ships would destroy the Manga, Levi x Eren or Mikasa is a good example of this. This is because it would require the destruction of the characters we know to achieve which is down right idiotic, yet I get PMs all the time telling me Eren doesn't "deserve" Mikasa or Eren "belongs" to Levi, I mean come on wtf.
Sep 30, 2013 2:05 AM

Sep 2010
MikasaxEren said:
My real hate stems from the blatant Eren bashing that most of the other shippers support, they don't understand him as a character at all and it irks me to no end.

Nice statement without any examples.

@everyone - you aren't allowed to discuss things in a civil manner or have your opinions. How dare you ship anything that isn't Eren x Mikasa.You are wrong and the only ones right are MikasaxEren and ErenxMikasa. That's the point of this whole thread, so kindly keep your opinions and ships to yourself. Sarcasm, if it wasn't obvious.

And you two crazy Mikasa x Eren shippers, please continue with your endless walls of text that nobody reads, it's entertaining how people get so worked up over nothing and wasting their time on trivial things. The rest of us will do something more productive and enjoyable in the meantime instead of reading children's squabbles on the internet.
Sep 30, 2013 2:20 AM

Apr 2008
tch said:
MikasaxEren said:

@everyone - you aren't allowed to discuss things in a civil manner or have your opinions. How dare you ship anything that isn't Eren x Mikasa.You are wrong and the only ones right are MikasaxEren and ErenxMikasa. That's the point of this whole thread, so kindly keep your opinions and ships to yourself. Sarcasm, if it wasn't obvious.

And you two crazy Mikasa x Eren shippers, please continue with your endless walls of text that nobody reads, it's entertaining how people get so worked up over nothing and wasting their time on trivial things. The rest of us will do something more productive and enjoyable in the meantime instead of reading children's squabbles on the internet.

But you obviously don't if you're here o/
Sep 30, 2013 3:04 AM
Jul 2013
tch said:
MikasaxEren said:

Just quoting you to say.......

Nice Kagura-in-Gintoki-uniform avatar.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.