Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2013
The fireworks were nice and seeing Yui in a yukata was adorable too :3

I honestly loved that commentary from Hachiman at the end there. It slightly reminded me of Araragi's commentaries about Hanekawa from Neko Kuro.
Feb 13, 2014 6:40 AM

Apr 2009
This anime~ >___<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2014 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
A nice festival episode. Nice to see Hachiman and Yui together. Hachiman is very lucky to have a sister like that.
May 17, 2014 2:32 AM

Aug 2009
MC isn't dense, woot

He also has some cool lines for this ep. Not bad

The love(?) triangle is gonna become more interesting
Jul 14, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
Maaan what a great episode
Honestly the dialogue in this anime..~ <3
Nov 12, 2014 2:03 PM
Feb 2013
Nice way of spending a night with a girl in a festival Hachiman.
Like really...
Such an idiot.
He would've enjoyed it without thinking too much about it.
He's probably right sometimes about life and all but he shouldn't treat all the same way and act the same way in every situation.
That's completely wrong.
I perfectly know that kind of life and I perfectly understand his ideology.
But there is more than just that in our life.
Complicate everything out of desperation of being nothing but a loner just leads to nothing.
Gives you a great mentality strength and maturity but you will always stay lonely in the end.
Being able to read the situation and understand what people think about you and act properly is the right thing to do.
Nobody in this world is inferior and there is always someone who will accept you on how you are.
Giving up on the world is nothing but an escapism from reality.
CheatrealNov 12, 2014 2:25 PM
Dec 8, 2014 6:47 AM

Feb 2014
It seems Hachiman realized he set his standard too high on Yukino . Ah, he really is disappointed in himself.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 18, 2015 10:02 AM

Dec 2009
Yui clearly feels something for Hikki. I'm fairly certain of it now. But with the way Hikki is now I'm sure he won't reciprocate.

Because he took a step back with this episode. Holding Yukino in high regards only to have those dellusions shattered must be rough. Especially since she seemed so infalliable.

Hikki is putting too much of himself in others expecting them to be the same as him. The girl at the camp and Yukino, he expects them to act like how he acts. But he is alone. He hates himself for that.
Jan 27, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
Those fireworks were so lame, I would have fallen asleep.

Hikky has gone farther than any loner. Gone on a sort of date with a girl to see fireworks ad buy snacks together. He even got to walk her home partially. Maybe if I get more loner experience I can stand where Hikky proudly stands.

Mar 24, 2015 9:04 PM

Jun 2013
Hikigaya is the epitome of a true loner. His philosophy in life is deep.

He should stay to be a loner, or else it will lose the core of the show. Being a loner is what gave him his logic. That's why he's an awesome MC. If he's going to gain many friends, he'll deny his logic. Then he will become a typical, boring MC like any other character from love comedy.

That's why I prefer him to be a loner. Of course, I won't deny his relationship with Yukino and Yuigahama.
Mar 30, 2015 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
@up
I think that this show is about his changing, it would be pointless if it ends like it started.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 1, 2015 3:06 PM

Dec 2013
Yui continues being best grill!

Hachiman's monologue at the end of the episode was very interesting.

Hoping for more Yukino next episode :)
Apr 4, 2015 2:50 AM

Sep 2014
Cool app.
Yui is awesome !
Apr 13, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2010
It was a great episode, I enjoyed every minute of it. I hope the build-up from it will be realized before this season ends.

But I wanted to punch my monitor so bad in the end.
MeritasApr 13, 2015 1:50 AM
May 6, 2015 12:57 PM

Feb 2014
Yui looked cute in the yukata. Not the best episode, but at the end it was much better.

May 9, 2015 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
The monologues and dialogues Hikki during the story, are always spectacular in their humor and their merciless cruelty; everything from charm to the whole story.
Even the protagonists are increasingly well characterized and become original, smarcandosi stereotypes.
Plot that progresses very well, I can not wait to follow next. Clouds on the horizon?
Sep 14, 2015 4:47 PM
Jan 2010
I rewatched that monologue in the end 20 times in a row.
Yes, 20 times.
I do not recall when was the last time i rewatched some scene this many times, it is just perfect.
There's something so deep and emotional and idk, just frikin' special in those monologues...
Sep 19, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
Another masterclass of human psychology and social interaction. Bravo, OregaIru.
Oct 9, 2015 7:50 AM

Mar 2015
8man, you hopeless, oblivious dick. My OTP is sinking before it even started to sail properly.
Nov 21, 2015 11:33 PM

Jun 2015
[size=90]Yui looked pretty in a yukata
Big sister was a bit insensitive over that car accident thing :x
What if Hikigaya choose Yukino over Yui...

He blushed LOL

Dec 19, 2015 10:52 PM

May 2014
I fucking love how pessimistic and cynical this MC is.
Dec 22, 2015 4:23 AM

May 2009
I recognize myself in the MC so much. Holy Crap.
Not sure if that's a good thing though, lol.

Yui was going to confess...... daaaaaaaamn.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 15, 2016 3:23 PM
Mar 2016
Zyukichan said:
I recognize myself in the MC so much. Holy Crap.
Not sure if that's a good thing though, lol.

Yui was going to confess...... daaaaaaaamn.

Ummm, I guess it could be good, mattering what parts you recognize XD

Like Hachimen atm, he will probably never gain a group of friends, at least not if he sees it happening.

Jeezum crow! Hachimen you idiot, he simplified everything that happened that night to nothing more then coincidences, and meaningless things, idiot.

Meanwhile Yui is trying to gather the courage to confess, and Hachimen is just being total idiot, your right 80% of guys are over confident, but I'm in the small percentage, like 1%, who don't get overconfident, and just try to do their best to just get them to like them, but still have no idea how to read them, and as a result can't tell if its "Just friends" or if they like you.
Nov 18, 2016 10:14 PM

Mar 2015
YaY, a date between Hachi and Yui <3
I wondered which part on him that did Yui fall? (Im not talking about train)
Typical cock block for rom/com when Yui tried to confess.

I think there is no person that have the exact same thought and ideals as me in this world which makes me special. I will keep evolving.

3.9/5
Raijin-sama619Nov 18, 2016 10:24 PM
Dec 20, 2016 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
Bit of a slower episode this time, but enjoyable nonetheless. After watching, I'm left with so many more questions than before
Jan 21, 2017 12:44 PM

Feb 2016
Having car flashbacks
#OnlyAnimeThings
Jan 23, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, Hachiman and Yui are really growing on me. Hachiman really has a good point of view at pretty much everything and Yui is so sweet and understanding :3
Jan 28, 2017 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
It Was A Cute Episode!!!
Feb 13, 2017 6:24 PM

May 2010
I don't think I quite understand Hachiman's reaction. I guess he just isn't interested in forming any kind of closer relationship for now? This might be tough, considering Yui is clearly already attracted to him, ready to confess whenever the timing is right...
May 25, 2017 6:22 PM

Jan 2016
This episode was amazing. Although, now I'm under the impression that every Slice of Life anime ever has a beach episode and a fireworks / festival episode.

I love how down to earth the show always becomes. It's a very lightly touched upon moral, but an important one, and they mentioned it... the fact that we start claiming to know someone once we see admirable ideals in them, and as such, we lead ourselves to be let down. I still entirely think Hachiman and Yukino would be a much more compatible couple than him and Yui, simply because of the parallels in their thought processes. It's shocking to know now though, that she takes a lot of influence from her sister and her mother, and yet claims to be entirely independent of them. That's what led to her strong willed personality.

Also really surprising to learn that the three of them had inadvertently, and unknowingly met, WAY before the formation of the Service Club (since Yukino's car was the one which hit Yui's dog that Hachi saved).
Oct 9, 2017 12:14 AM

Nov 2010
Someone needs to hit Hikky, theres being oblivious to romance and then theres him. He thinks he's so unlikable that he's causing himself to be unlikable. How can he go to a fireworks show alone with a girl and not realise that she has feelings for him?

Finding out about how the three characters had met long ago is kind of interesting, how they all revolved around that one accident.

"I've always wanted to be short and cute."
"Everything not saved will be lost."

大好きだよ。
Nov 3, 2017 12:56 PM

May 2013
Hm. Getting nowhere. It's like Hikki is repelling his own love story :3

What Yukino's onee-san said about how "once again, Yukino isn't the chosen one." Okay, well, first of all. Contrary to her shipping them, the two of them aren't even interested in one another. And also, it's no one's fault but Yukino if others don't choose her. She's beautiful, but has poor af social skills which makes her unattractive. No one to blame but herself. She just needs to lighten up her personality -__-
Jan 28, 2018 3:18 PM

Sep 2017
So it seems like Yukino has been feeling somewhat guilty every time she's been near Hikki, and not knowing how to deal with it, has just ended up frustrated and insulting towards him. Which makes sense if she's not very experienced with emotional stuff
Oct 3, 2018 11:10 AM
Mar 2018
At first I didn't like this episode because the writing seems like it's trying to force you to care about Yukino, but then Hikki's end monologue was really good and really showed more of his character.
Jan 15, 2019 5:05 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! I love how even if Hachiman is always pessimistic towards the end. Even though he kinda looks disrespectful at times even if people are trying to socialize with him. At least he sticks to his ideals all throughout.

This Sagamin girl looks playful XD

Damn, didn't know he had those expectations to Yukinon. Still, he probably should have known better not to held anyone on any standards. Since at any moment it can break.

So Yui was about to confess :O

Anyways, it's time for awkward moment between Hachiman and Yukinon this time around.
Mar 18, 2019 10:50 PM
Jun 2017
Hikky when he said HE HATE HIMSELF- you know whay that means, something is changing. As said in previous episode THE WORLD IS NOT CHANGING, its the people are changing... i believe in it, as when hikky met yukinon and yui in that service club, amidst being a Loner (like yukinon) he is starting to talk to other classmates plus he is able to have some moments with them...
Jan 17, 2020 7:40 PM
Apr 2016
Oh my, I can relate with that! I have never hated myself in my life, have never even considered that I could hate myself.
Feb 1, 2020 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
I would like to know where they watched the fireworks and what is that tall tower building? it could be somewhere in Chiba or more south or east.
Also this ep made me sad because such a loser gets to have two girls who like him very much :(
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 13, 2020 2:12 PM

Dec 2018
this MC is fucking terrible and i can't see why anyone would like him.
he has exactly zero positive qualities and has zero character development.
oh look, he did x, y, or z this time he wouldn't have done that before!
sure but he's still an unrelateable curmudgeon asshat who i can barely stand to listen to
Apr 21, 2020 4:28 PM

Mar 2020
How much hints does this guy need?!
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
Jun 1, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, an episode without the trap, a really useless character.

Ahhhh, the fireworks episode. So, Hachiman admires Yukino at the end but now he has his doubts. Cant wait for the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 6, 2020 8:30 AM

Nov 2017
Yui and Hachiman's "date" was cute. If there was one relatable moment it was how Hachiman was thinking how he couldn't let himself think about the possibility that Yui would like him (well, that was relatable when I was in middle school. I still am genuinely surprised when someone likes me or finds me attractive, but that ain't 'cause of some low self-esteem or insecure horseshit, lmao).

This episode really does show that while Hachiman is overall a cynical douche, he can and does genuinely care about others and is able to get a good read on them. That's something he and Yui have in common!

Wow, Yukino's fine ass sister (I know she has a name, but I just like saying and referring to her as that lol) looks great in a yukata! The viewer learns a lot about Yukino in a short amount of time! So she wants to get into the sciences. What is she, the next Annie Jump Cannon? lol. She wants to emulate her fine ass sister, but she also seems to have a complicated relationship with their mom.

After the fireworks, it seemed Yui had something important to say to Hachiman when he accompanied her to walk her home. Don't tell me... 告白? Σ(゜ロ゜;) If that's the case, she was soooo close! Next time, put your phone on silent!

Not much Yukino this episode, but towards the end, there's a notable monologue from Hachiman which tells the viewer a lot about how highly he regards Yukino. They truly are two sides of the same coin. He can't understand that Yukino is just human at the end of the day. And the price of being human is that you'll inevitably make mistakes and you won't get through this life without telling a single lie, and he hates himself for not realizing it earlier. But better late than never though, right?
Jul 3, 2020 8:28 AM

May 2015
I anyone else is wondering what's written on Hachiman's shirt at the beginning it's "I love Chiba", the prefecture (or its capital city, they have the same name) mentioned multiple times before.
Jul 3, 2020 7:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A respectable moment with their relationship. Its full of underwhelming feels. Once again, he just turned back on the path, from whence he came. Not easy as Hachiman, yet, its understandable situations. He hated himself....

That first half was relaxing, a bit sweet. But it was on the normal circumstances, no good thing rather seeing some indirect embarassing evidence to both of them. A dedicated alone time for Yui. A balance of justice for her, while Yukino just had that time while shopping only the two of them with that mall events in the previous episode. Tbh, Yukino's screened had more time than Yui. So, yeah, its still no clued at all, unfortunately. Thanks to Komachi? Yep, a dejavu, then!

Okay, i guessed thats it. Lets see how they resolved the whole misunderstanding, like the previous missing time with Yui....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 26, 2020 9:15 AM

Dec 2010
Man, Hachiman's bitter character can get really bad at times, he's really lucky to have found the few friends he's got right now, even with his teacher's help. On the other hand, Yukinoshita's firm persona can really help you get back on your two feet in tumultuous situations like this.
Aug 2, 2020 10:45 AM
Feb 2019
Yui centric episode.

So the Hikigaya siblings were taking care of Sable, Yui's dog, and when Yui comes for him, she invites Hachiman as a compensation, but he immediately tells Komachi to go all three together, that was funny, he's either was being dense or dodging her invitation, but Komachi finds a way for they to go alone, such a caring attitude for his brother (and a shipper). Yui looks very good in yukata: They meet at a station and go to hang out at the festival, that little scene in the train was an interest take in that cliché, Hachiman is really reluctant to the idea of falling in love; in the festival, they find some Yui friends (didn't remember that Sagami actually made her first appearance here), and as usual, Hachiman gets marginalized, though he prefers it that actually, he even escapes later, lol (though he seems to do it more for Yui's sake than his own). Their encounter with Haruno was unexpected, but it's always good to see her around, she's pretty charming; "adventures never go well", pfff, she's a bit too much over her idea of paring Hachiman and Yukino, but man, that was hilarious, as well as Hikigaya calling her Yukinoshita-san despite of her wanting a closer calling (Haruno, onee-san, xD); it was also funny when they were talking about Yukino being scary, and Haruno being like: "You've known nothing, kid", (to be fair, she's very adorable at times), but then they begin talking about how the envy of others affect her, and how, at least to her eyes, she's always following Haruno's steps, it was heartwarming to see Yui responding with all those good things abou her, and how she'll stay by her side, while Hachiman was being as cold as ever, though I guess he thinks something similar; that little segment with the limousine was tense, and it's confirmed Yukino was there when Hachiman had the accident, it clearly affects Hachiman as he prefer to go not go with Haruno, though he still handled it pretty well.
And well, after they go out of the train, they begin talking about the incident, we see that Yui really cares about Yukino, she shows a lot of curiosity about her version of the incident, but as a way of getting closer to her. Later, we see that little exchange about Hachiman's lonliness, and how without the incident he still would be a loner, but Yui argues that despite of that, she would have come to the volunteerism club and Hachiman would offer her his help, and then everything scalates pretty quickly, basically it skyrockets (zoom in suddenly appears!)... She was soooo close to confesing, but Hachiman used the phone as an excuse to avoid it; wow, it's pretty clear he doens't want any romantic relationship for now, this was such a huge oportunity and he decided to not take it, it may be a bit too soon to judge, but maybe he's afraid of the idea of forming an extremely close bond. At the end they return to classes, that little exchange between Yukino and Hachiman was tense, they're in an awkward position now that things have been cleared, and while I get why he goes with that "I hate myself for it", he might be taking it too seriously, overthinking it, it seemed a bit exaggerated to me tbh.

This episode had a lot of Yui x Hachiman moments, I think my favorite was this one:

Also,
mafd12Aug 2, 2020 10:52 AM
Aug 8, 2020 12:06 AM

Jun 2020
you are your strongest critic, i think hachiman embodies that to an extreme extent at times, he should have just let himself enjoy the festival with yui, she was so cute & they were being so cute together! also yui has been nothing but kind to him, i wished he would have given her some credit for that

it was interesting to hear him verbalize what he felt about yukino i didn't catch that he literally has been putting her on a pedestal

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 30, 2020 4:38 PM

Jun 2020
I see sp this is most likely Yui's screentime and a few on Yukino.

Yui looks cute and I just noticed that Yukino is rich lol.
Oct 17, 2020 10:28 PM

Apr 2018
The inner monologue from Hikki is really interesting and what he said about Yuki which kind of makes sense. GODAMMIT YUI WAS GONNA CONFESS Z.Z CMON WHY THE PHONE CALL xD
Oct 23, 2020 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Im starting to hate Yukino more and more....

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.