Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2013 4:37 AM
Jan 2013
HEYYYY! ive played steins;gate and chaos;head, i really love VNs and i im really new to them... so could you guys give me some VNs to play and maybe some download sites so i can get started with all the awesomeness!!!! >.<

THANKYOU~
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 30, 2013 10:14 AM
Jun 2012
You should play Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Find a download for the game and download this.
http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/English_Question_Arcs
This upgrades the sprites and the characters will have voices.

The game is divided into two, the Question Arcs AKA the first four chapters and the Core arcs AKA the last four chapters.
The sprite & voice patch is almost completed for the Core Arcs, you can check it here.
http://uminekofix.wikia.com/wiki/Core_Arcs

It's a Mystery visual novel, the story is really good and the character development is awesome. It also has great music. The only problems are the graphics and voices, which you can upgrade with what I sent earlier, making it an epic game overall. And yeah, it's really long.

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni has an anime adaptation, but it's quite bad in my opinion, atleast if you compare it to the VNs.

I hope this post was helpful.
May 30, 2013 7:35 PM

Aug 2012
One of the visual novels that a lot of people used to start with (just from hearing about them the most) would be either Ever17 or Clannad. I personally enjoyed both of them as one of my first few and would have to say Ever17 is probably my all-time favorite. Another good mystery type novel would be G-senjou no Maou, a lot of thinking can come into play if you read this. Sorry I am not going to post a link to a place to get them, but I'm sure if you look on Google you can find something! :)
Jun 2, 2013 7:33 AM

Feb 2013
I must agree with Decimater001. I think Ever17 was the one of the greatest VN I have read so far and made me want to continue reading such amazing VNs. Sharin No Kuni could be a good advice too.

Since you love 5pb games you must love mystery novel so the Infinity series might be a very good choice (Ever17, Remember11, Never7).

If you want more emotional ones, well of course Key's VN (Clannad,Kanon, Air, Little Busters, ...) are very good ones .

But well there are so many good VNs, it depends on whether you want a great story or a great gameplay, so the best solution might be to search on VNDB the highest rated VN ( you can easily filter the english patched ones if you want ), and use some tags according to what you want to read.

There are websites where you could easily find what you want ( googling it is a good idea ), but if you want some names you can pm me.
Jun 2, 2013 8:15 AM
Jan 2013
Thanks guys, ill sure give Ever17 a go, ive also heard of little buster and my friend told me to get saya no uta....

right now, this is a good ammount to start keep me occupied for a bit so thank you again ^_^

also do you guys know anything about the progress of the oreimo VN???
Jun 2, 2013 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
If you want to follow the progress here is a link :

http://vntls.org/project/oreimo/

It seems the project was stalled but now it is progressing
Jun 2, 2013 8:31 AM
Jan 2013
thanks, ive been looking around but i havent seem to be able to find a good website to download VNs....
well other than Nyaa Torrents but thats the one i use for anime xD

so would it be possible if you could give me a website that can be used to download it or a website that comes with the patches.... sorry if i ask a lot of questions but i seriously am very new to this >.<

the 2 Vns i read we both given to me by my friend :P
Jun 2, 2013 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
I sent you a message ;) ( You have a nice friend :P )
Jun 2, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2006
Like others say, I vouch for Umineko no Naku Koro Ni & Ever17. These two were what started my love for visual novels. Mostly Ever17 however. I learned about Umineko no Naku Koro Ni from researching Ryukishi07 series after watching the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai anime years ago.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» What VN are you currently playing? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MayuAsagiri - Dec 17, 2013

434 by removed-user »»
Apr 25, 2021 6:26 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.