Forum Settings
Forums

[Fixed] Anime/manga stats not updating | Days watched are incorrect

New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
MyAccount said:
How do you run a large site like this and not have this under control? Like the primary purpose of this site is the animelist I'm guess that's why it's called myANIMELIST Lol -_-

It's not called myanimeSTATS so calm down.
Your list still works fine.
Jun 6, 2013 6:18 PM

May 2013
I seem to have the same problem. It's been 2 or 3 days now, and I don't have a ghost entry (although I don't know if that could be related). I first noticed when I added some anime as "plan to watch" but the stat remained 0. It's barely a problem, but it kinda itches to see the stats not updating TT_TT
English is not my mother language, so please excuse me if my grammar sucks ;)
Jun 6, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2013
It's understandable that everyone wants their lists updated but this situation seems to be something that only patience can fix.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 7, 2013 12:59 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Stats are now updating again.

However, it is going to take some time to work through every user that has made list updates since the stats went down. Once your stats update, any new changes you make may also take some time to reflect.

Think of it like a cashier line at a grocery store. There is a huge line-up of customers and, speedy as the cashier is, he can only work through so many customers at a time. Once you've bought your groceries, if you want to purchase anything else, you need to go back into that huge queue. Luckily, not all customers will want to buy something new immediately, so the queue will eventually shorten to a number of customers that the cashier can handle.

This is why it could reasonably take upwards of a few days for stats to go back to updating as efficiently as they were before.

Your "Days Watched" and other stats are updated to reflect your list at the time the update takes place. Thus, you will not lose any contributions to your days or other statistics due to the stats being down. Please don't worry about that.

I'd also like to ask for users to only post if you have something new to add to the topic. Otherwise, I would like my post to remain at the end so users can see this update better.

Thank you for your patience.
KinetaJun 8, 2013 12:05 PM
Jun 8, 2013 12:49 AM

Apr 2013
Well,what I'd like to say that the stats changed but it's 1 week late and the calculations are based on daily bases episode watched.If its based on how my anime list was 1 week ago the days should have gone up not drastically lowering.
Even so,during this week I've watched more episodes and completed series more than I ever did,so normally it should have gone up not down.
I hope it add something if not,I'm sorry.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 8, 2013 10:05 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
From your history, it seems to me like you were re-watching Bleach recently. From what I can see, you had re-watched 13 episodes and had it sitting in "Watching" at the time your stats updated. You have since moved it to completed and are still waiting for your stats to reflect this change.

When re-watching a series, the completed episode count no longer contributes to your days, so your list will look as if you "lost" some episodes. Since it was Bleach and not a 24 episode series, this likely had a huge effect.

Since you now have Bleach in "Completed", all 366 episodes will once again count towards your days. If you were to set the series as Re-watched = 1, then 366+366 episodes would count towards your days once the series is in "Completed", and so on.
KinetaJun 8, 2013 12:10 PM
Jun 18, 2013 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
It's been 11 days now, and stats still don't appear to updating consistently. (at least for me, anyway) Is the system actually making progress on updating our profiles, or are people updating too fast for it to keep up with?
Jun 18, 2013 3:49 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I've looked at some user profiles and it seems we've gained maybe 1 day in the last 11, at best. Unfortunately, I didn't realise they were still this far behind.

I will ask Xinil to look into getting this improved.

Thank you everyone for your continued patience.
Jun 23, 2013 12:16 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thread cleaned. Please only post in this thread if you have something NEW to add to the topic.

I have asked Xinil to look into getting the stats up-to-date faster since unfortunately we've still not caught up in the last 2 weeks. I have not heard any news on this yet, but I will let you know when I know.

For users new to this thread, stats are updating. Why it is taking so long for your stats to update is because they were down for a week at the beginning of June. This caused the grocery queue analogy that I gave in one of my previous posts to take effect, and we're still trying to recover from it.

Your continued patience is appreciated.
Jul 3, 2013 8:51 PM

Aug 2012
Any News about how far the updates are behind? Wouldn't it help to allow people to only update their list once a day until the updates are back to normal?
Jul 4, 2013 2:26 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Stats were about 5-7 days behind last time I checked (and likely still are).

Updating your list only once a day will not help return the updates to normal. Once you enter the grocery queue, you stay there even as you continue to make updates to your list. The problem is the queue is too long for the cashier to catch up.

Unfortunately, I still don't have any news on when this will be fixed. With today being the 4th of July (holiday in the U.S.), we probably need to wait until at least next week.

Edit: Again. Please only post in this thread if you have something NEW to add to the topic.
This means you must have read ALL of my posts on this page. Otherwise, I would like my post to remain at the end so users can see that we are, indeed, aware of the situation.
KinetaJul 24, 2013 4:57 AM
Jul 20, 2013 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
My signature watched titles isn't updating since long time;/
Jul 21, 2013 2:23 AM
Jul 2018
keroroslayer said:

That's a whole separate problem that requires a separate solution.

Anyway, it seems like it's actually taking longer to update stats than before. I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever catch up. Which brings me to some things i've wondered about:

Would it practical to just disable stat functionality for a few days to let the system catch up? What about just logging everyone out and disabling the ability to log in for a few days? Or just taking the site down entirely and let it catch up? Have any ideas like this been considered?
Jul 21, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2011
My Anime Stats not changed about 10 days, all stats stopped.
Since then, I add new animes to my list and I watched few animes, but not changed anything.
Please fix the problem.
clauseoverJul 21, 2013 5:07 PM
Jul 21, 2013 9:43 PM
Jul 2013
I have the same problem here.. it says that I havent watched anything yet...
Jul 22, 2013 12:11 AM
Jul 2013
Yeah my Anime stats say nothing when i have recorded like 45 things... I dont understand the instructions people are giving down below to fix this, someone please help D:
Jul 23, 2013 1:31 PM
Mar 2013
Sorry if this has already been asked (didn't see it) but can't the days be calculated a simpler way? If you're already querying the db for the anime title, score, type, etc. why not include the anime's duration in your query and then just calculate the days each time the page loads? I'm assuming that's how you already get the other stats for total eps, mean score, score dev, etc. since they all update instantly with each page load or status change.
Jul 24, 2013 2:07 AM

Jul 2013
ooctopuus said:
I have the same problem here.. it says that I havent watched anything yet...

Same here,I have watched over 20 and it still stays at 0, I just recentlyjoined MAL
Jul 24, 2013 5:17 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
For users that are new to this thread: Stats are currently updating about once per week. This is due some problems we had in June that caused the grocery queue analogy I gave in one of my earlier posts to take effect. There is nothing you can do to make them update faster. All you can do is be patient until they update.

Some of my previous posts on the situation: 1, 2, 3.

I have not forgotten this issue and continue to inquire when it will be fixed multiple times per week. Unfortunately, it is July, and things like summer vacations and long weekends affect how fast things move in the working world.

This issue will be fixed, I can assure you of that. The problem lies in getting the solution implemented by the necessary parties, rather than finding a solution. So while I appreciate users providing suggestions, this is not really necessary and won't speed up the process.

I truly apologise that this has taken so long to be fixed. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated. Hopefully it will only be required for a short time longer.

I'd like to ask again: Please only post in this thread if you have something NEW to add to the topic. This means you must have read ALL of my posts on the previous page. Otherwise, I would like my post to remain at the end so users can see that we are, indeed, aware of the situation.
Jul 27, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2011
Ah, I see. No wonder my completed list isn't growing. I was wondering what was wrong, since I finished Kino no Tabi (+ the movies) and quite some other movies, yet remained stuck at 178 even though my history is showing that I've completed them.

I just checked. MALupdater and Taiga are showing the updates perfectly. So if anyone wants to know what their list is like, you could use them instead of your profile.
Jul 29, 2013 7:07 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
Kineta said:
This issue will be fixed, I can assure you of that. The problem lies in getting the solution implemented by the necessary parties, rather than finding a solution. So while I appreciate users providing suggestions, this is not really necessary and won't speed up the process.

I truly apologise that this has taken so long to be fixed. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated. Hopefully it will only be required for a short time longer.

I googled this problem once I noticed it and found a post like this from 2010. Now I wonder have this problem been going on for 3 years or is it something that came back after a while? I see you wrote in your post "This issue will be fixed, I assure you of that." and "I truly apologise that this has taken so long to be fixed." so are you taking years to fix this stuff or is the once-a-week-update your final solution?

~Hammerfest

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary bold.
KinetaJul 31, 2013 12:02 AM
Jul 30, 2013 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Hammerfest said:
Kineta said:

I googled this problem once I noticed it and found a post like this from 2010. Now I wonder have this problem been going on for 3 years or is it something that came back after a while? I see you wrote in your post "This issue will be fixed, I assure you of that." and "I truly apologise that this has taken so long to be fixed." so are you taking years to fix this stuff or is the once-a-week-update your final solution?

~Hammerfest

As someone whose been a member of MAL for the last 2 years, I can tell that this problem that started 2 months ago is the first time i've experienced stat lag while on this site. It's a problem that apparently comes and goes. The lag only started since the beginning of June, and it just hasn't been fixed yet.. I'm sure it's something that they'll eventually get fixed. These people have lives and have other stuff going on in real life.

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary (quoted) bold.
KinetaJul 31, 2013 12:03 AM
Jul 31, 2013 12:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Since we're now on a new page...:
Kineta said:
For users that are new to this thread: Stats are currently updating about once per week. This is due some problems we had in June that caused the grocery queue analogy I gave in one of my earlier posts to take effect. There is nothing you can do to make them update faster. All you can do is be patient until they update.

Some of my previous posts on the situation: 1, 2, 3.

I have not forgotten this issue and continue to inquire when it will be fixed multiple times per week. Unfortunately, it is July, and things like summer vacations and long weekends affect how fast things move in the working world.

I'd like to ask again: Please only post in this thread if you have something NEW to add to the topic. This means you must have read ALL of my posts on the previous page. Otherwise, I would like my post to remain at the end so users can see that we are, indeed, aware of the situation.

@Hammerfest: The stats issue from 2010 is different from now and was fixed years ago. If you read my post^, you'll see: "This is due some problems we had in June".

And I'll repeat it...:

Aug 19, 2013 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
Um yeah, I've got a similar problem. My anime stats doesn't update at all, it still says 0 all way through the stats. It's been about 5 days. At first I thought that it was just slow to update. But then I started on my manga list yesterday and it updated after just a couple of hours. So it's only my anime stats that refuses to update... is there some way to fix it or should I just continue to wait for it to update?
DemoneaAug 19, 2013 3:11 PM
Aug 19, 2013 2:45 PM

Feb 2012
I only have problem with my manga list, I counted 78 entries in my manga list, but on my profile it says 79.

Even after my manga list updates, my profile always says +1 on my manga list, it's really annoying.
Aug 27, 2013 7:36 AM

Dec 2012
I'm still having issues with signature. It does not update since Naruto movie 1 and it was long time ago:(
Aug 28, 2013 2:13 AM

May 2009
The signatures are not updating as they should. The stats are not updating as they should. And the staff are not fixing this as they should.
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Aug 28, 2013 3:23 AM
Aug 2013
hi!
i have the same problem here, my anime stats not updating and it has been 2-3 days since when i added animes in my list. i would appreciate if someone could help me
RetardJackJAckAug 28, 2013 3:28 AM
Aug 29, 2013 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
Hey! :o
My Stats are not updating for months now. They still say i just watched 6 Anime. Well, as u can see in my list, i watched quite more than 6. I thought this may change after a few weeks, but it didnt. Well i wont say anything about the "days" which do not change as well. I read about the problem in the forum, but im wondering why my stats didnt update for such a long time. (Im sorry for my english, its not the best)
please help me D:
I like anime, games and music.
Aug 30, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
sugitax said:
hi!
i have the same problem here, my anime stats not updating and it has been 2-3 days since when i added animes in my list. i would appreciate if someone could help me

yours and mine stat updatig once per week. so wait for one week.
Aug 30, 2013 9:36 AM

Jan 2010
I'm having the same problem. And it's been a week now. The only 2 things incorrect are my watching list. Should be 5 instead of 3. And my plan to watch should be 276 instead of 172. Not a big deal but I hope it gets fixed soon.
Aug 30, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
StormSky92 said:
keroroslayer said:

That's a whole separate problem that requires a separate solution.

Anyway, it seems like it's actually taking longer to update stats than before. I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever catch up. Which brings me to some things i've wondered about:

Would it practical to just disable stat functionality for a few days to let the system catch up? What about just logging everyone out and disabling the ability to log in for a few days? Or just taking the site down entirely and let it catch up? Have any ideas like this been considered?

If they decided to do that then they would be swamped by people updating there lists with all the anime they watched while there was downtime, this would only make the problem worse.
Aug 31, 2013 7:01 AM

Aug 2012
Hey, is it normal for my Anime Stats for "Time (Days)" to be 244.9?

I've rewatched a lot of series, but compared to some people who have watched more than me, mine's higher.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Aug 31, 2013 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
Marhuto said:

I've rewatched a lot of series, but compared to some people who have watched more than me, mine's higher.

Rewatching adds to the anime stats. I rewatched FMP(15 times so far) and it added a couple of days, mainly because i rewatch once a year.

Your stats look alright if you are rewatching long anime like bleach, fairy tail.
Aug 31, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Mine has not updated for like 5 days... I've added many entries but it hasn't changed. Has the problem been addressed yet?
Waiting for BBCode to come back.
Aug 31, 2013 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
headingsouth said:
Mine has not updated for like 5 days... I've added many entries but it hasn't changed. Has the problem been addressed yet?

Considering the hacker attacks that have been going on, this probably has clearly taken a backseat to that. I think it's starting to become apparent that this site may never fully recover, and the stats are just going to be updated once a week from now on. I know about the inner workings of the site, but from an outsider perspective, it looks like this problem is going to be permanent, and the stats will only update about once a week now.
Aug 31, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
It's strange, my hours suddenly changed from 17.3 hours to 16.9 for no apparent reason...idk if its a bug or if something on my list got removed :/
Aug 31, 2013 5:42 PM
Aug 2013
MrCave said:
It's strange, my hours suddenly changed from 17.3 hours to 16.9 for no apparent reason...idk if its a bug or if something on my list got removed :/

Did you recently re-watch something?
Sep 1, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2012
Xenoi said:
Marhuto said:

Rewatching adds to the anime stats. I rewatched FMP(15 times so far) and it added a couple of days, mainly because i rewatch once a year.

Your stats look alright if you are rewatching long anime like bleach, fairy tail.

Thanks alot! :)
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 1, 2013 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
agaffe said:
MrCave said:

Did you recently re-watch something?

Yeah, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. But shouldn't the hours add, not remove them? And even if it doesn't work that way, a 64 episode anime cant cause a 0.4 hour difference...
Sep 1, 2013 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
So, I joined about a week ago, and I added about 80 anime to my anime list, but my stats still say I have zero entries... But the manga i added (Which was way more than the anime I added...) updated just fine. Anyone know how I can fix this?
Sep 2, 2013 2:04 AM

Aug 2008
So, on my profile the Completed anime stat is stuck in 1705, when I have 1713.. and it isn't the first time this happens :\
Sep 2, 2013 10:45 AM
Feb 2012
does the re-watching count in time(days) ?
Sep 2, 2013 11:18 AM

Aug 2013
Zeffie08 said:
So, I joined about a week ago, and I added about 80 anime to my anime list, but my stats still say I have zero entries... But the manga i added (Which was way more than the anime I added...) updated just fine. Anyone know how I can fix this?

I have the same problem! Don't worry they are fixing it!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Sep 2, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
Same problem for me. It's happens only with my animelist, my mangalist is always working as I want. I added more than 200 anime in real but my list has stopped to only 180, it's not very disturbing but that's the kind of detail which could embarrassed me. Please, what should I do for this problem do not occur anymore? I think it's the second or the third time my animelist freezed to a bad number like that.
Sep 9, 2013 5:52 PM
Jun 2010
idem, i have same problem ! the counter of anime and manga is stopped from more time please helpme to sblock!
Sep 10, 2013 11:23 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
nonoy9212 said:
my manga list says All Manga" is disabled for lists with greater than 1500 manga entries well it ever be fixed?

No, since it's not a bug, it's a solution to not make the list take ages to load.
Sep 13, 2013 11:34 AM

Nov 2009
I also have a problem with my manga list, the number 897 doesn't change it should be 917
Sep 15, 2013 9:13 AM

Mar 2011
Hello.
I also have a problem with mine.
My completed Animes is supposed to be 149 instead of 18
My currently watching is supposed to be 9 instead of 0
My plan to watch is supposed to be 31 instead of 13

I hope it gets fixed QAQ
Sep 16, 2013 6:49 AM

Dec 2009
My manga stat is updated, but my anime stat is stuck since yesterday ._.

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

1 by JackAward »»
1 hour ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.