Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio' to get TV Anime Adaptation (Confirmed to Start Oct 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
Sounds like the end plot to an Armored Core game except with battleships only.

I'll take this on, the sea battles might be good.

May 30, 2013 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
VioLink said:
3D characters confirmed
http://i.imgur.com/NhbWxB6.jpg

FUCK

EVERYTHING
Whelp not watching this now.

From the preview the characters are NOT done in 3D. Obviously there's a lot of 3D for all the ship battles.
May 31, 2013 4:49 AM

Jun 2012
Hm, well, I think it both looks quite appealing and has a interesting synopsis! I'll give this a try as well. c:
May 31, 2013 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
scruffykiwi said:

From the preview the characters are NOT done in 3D. Obviously there's a lot of 3D for all the ship battles.

From what I know, character are done by so called Cel-shading which makes 3D characters looks like 2D. Personaly I wouldn't noticed it if it weren't pointed by others though.
May 31, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, I expect it to be more obvious when there will be more movements
May 31, 2013 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
One of the best Cel-shading out there. One can only hope that the quality won't go down after the PV.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 31, 2013 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
I've caught up to the manga of this recently and it's actually pretty decent. There's some fan service but I like the action, dialogues, and some artwork used. The main guy is the captain and he commands the girls although I don't see any sort of romance at all.

I can't wait for this to air.
Jun 1, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2011
I am not sure if fanservice is right word. There is plenty of eye candies especialy in legs department, but if we count out that one scene with Haruna there is none that would be generaly considered as such.

Also no romance? Dare you say that to Tsundere Heavy cruiser! :<
Tenzen12Jun 1, 2013 5:35 AM
Jun 6, 2013 7:52 AM

Dec 2008
sooo, when to expect it being aired?
dank meme
Jun 7, 2013 3:23 PM

Apr 2011
Date weren't announced yet.
Jul 12, 2013 4:09 AM

Apr 2008

Hmmmm. Seems they're changing the opening a bit.
Jul 12, 2013 8:02 AM

Sep 2012
Miho (Girls und Panzer) / Alice-Cure Rosetta (Doki Doki PreCure) as Iona.. Fuchigami Mai is getting some good roles since GnP.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 13, 2013 6:25 PM

Apr 2011
They should just let cast of Drama CD do their job. Jun Fukuyama was breath-taking Gunzou and Äoi Yuki could alter between all three submarines personalities just fine as well. But newbies with almost no experience are casted to replace them...

Does studio want fail this adaptation that much?

PS:At least characters CG animation doesn't look that bad as I was afraid.
Tenzen12Jul 13, 2013 6:29 PM
Jul 26, 2013 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
More cast info is out:

Takao: Numakura Manami (Love Lab: Riko)

Haruna: Yamamura Hibiku

Kirishima: Uchiyama Yumi (KinMosa: Youko, Genshiken Nidaime: Yajima, Dokidoki Precure: Davi, A-Channel: Nagi)

Kongou: Yukana (IS: Cecilia, Amagami: Nanasaki Ai, Genshiken Nidaime: Ohno)

PV featuring Takao:

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 26, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
This better be good.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 26, 2013 2:07 PM

Oct 2007
Super Bishoujo Battleship Adventure 0_0
Aug 9, 2013 3:18 AM
May 2007

OP theme: "SAVIOR OF SONG" by nano feat. MY FIRST STORY
MY FIRST STORY is Hiro's band, brother of ONE OK ROCK vocalist Taka.
Aug 9, 2013 4:21 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 9, 2013 6:35 AM

Jul 2010
Oh my God.Nano and MY FIRST STORY
Aug 22, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
New PV

Aug 22, 2013 1:17 PM

Dec 2012
Instant watch because of the girls and the ship battles :D

This has the potential for military fans as the next Girls und Panzer
Aug 22, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2008
Angel Beats director? Does this mean that this will end up "unfinished" with lots of plotholes?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 22, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Angel Beats director? Does this mean that this will end up "unfinished" with lots of plotholes?
Don't forget Angel Beats is an original while this one is adapted from a manga. I am not sure what you mean by "plothole" because plothole, properly used, means contradictions in a story which I don't think Angel Beats has "lots". But if you mean unexplained things, well for this anime it depends a lot on how much is explained in the manga, don't you think?

Aug 23, 2013 1:19 PM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
More cast info is out:

Kirishima: Uchiyama Yumi (KinMosa: Youko, Genshiken Nidaime: Yajima, Dokidoki Precure: Davi, A-Channel: Nagi)

PV featuring Takao:

It's interesting to note that all are based on World War 2 Japanese cruisers, even I401 is actually an I-400 class. But like with all of the ships, heavuily Sci-Fied up. Now I want Dakimakura of Takao. And please let there be actual battleship, Yamato or Nagato would' t hurt.
Aug 24, 2013 3:14 AM

Aug 2013
Kinda sad that this thread gets very few recognitions compared to some announcement threads of generic LN adaptations out there (which was pretty much a given since the manga itself is barely known in western fandom and gets little monthly views on scanlation site), considering that this series has compelling sci-fi premise, fascinating tactical naval battles, gorgeous battleship designs, and probably one of few anime that uses full CG (Aside of sunrise' mecha anime). And a such, this show is definitely not going to be boring. And it's been a long time since i last watched anime with hard sci-fi premise (I'm looking at you, BONES and Sunrise), that's why this show is a must watch for me.

This fall season looks kinda dry with all the harem, moe, and crap formula that exist, making this shows' existence alone definitely stands out among the others
Aug 25, 2013 5:25 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:
This fall season looks kinda dry with all the harem, moe, and crap formula that exist, making this shows' existence alone definitely stands out among the others
Seems similar thing can always be said for every season so far - and at the end it depends on how much you let aversion to so-called "moe and crap formula" to obscure the existence of the variety of other shows which are always around as well.

Aug 25, 2013 5:28 AM

Apr 2008
Jyuu-niDesu said:
symbv said:
More cast info is out:

PV featuring Takao:

It's interesting to note that all are based on World War 2 Japanese cruisers, even I401 is actually an I-400 class. But like with all of the ships, heavuily Sci-Fied up. Now I want Dakimakura of Takao. And please let there be actual battleship, Yamato or Nagato would' t hurt.

There are. http://myanimelist.net/manga/25861/Aoki_Hagane_no_Arpeggio/characters
Sep 7, 2013 5:01 PM
May 2013
Any news on this? I have hope that this will be one of many gems of the fall season! I realize many people have different views, but I think this fall season could be awesome! Heck, why not go in with some optimism! :)
Sep 9, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Hahalollawl said:
Any news on this?
Wonder what news you are looking for... but if you mean the start date it will be from Oct 7th...

Sep 12, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
Another new CM - Haruna / Kirishima version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I9zfuf3bbQ

Sep 22, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
Sep 22, 2013 11:25 PM
Sep 22, 2013 11:50 PM

Sep 2012
No OP? Usually OP gets heavier promotion... Interesting :-)

Sep 22, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
^The OP already has a music video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2uqpqrYmMY the rips I posted came from some radio show.
[center]
Sep 22, 2013 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
^The OP already has a music video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2uqpqrYmMY the rips I posted came from some radio show.
I see. So indeed OP gets heavier promotion and no exception here after all LOL

No wonder the OP gave me a vibe of the Btooom! OP. Same artist!

By the way, the group singing the ED, Trident, is actually composed of the 3 seiyuu voicing the 3 main characters in the anime...
symbvSep 23, 2013 12:38 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

33 by Yubisoft »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.