Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
May 27, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2012
I was curious about the amount of adult content in the manga because my 12 year old sister is really into this series. I've checked many sites and most of them labeled this as ecchi.
May 27, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
Not really, if there is panty shots, exposed breasts...then yes.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 27, 2013 6:24 AM
Dec 2012
Hardcore ecchi
May 27, 2013 6:41 AM

Dec 2012
Pandarenboy said:
Hardcore ecchi

Lol no , it just has shounen ecchi.
May 30, 2013 3:45 AM

Oct 2012
i think fairy tail only fanservice .
May 30, 2013 3:48 AM

Dec 2011
no, its normal shounen type
May 31, 2013 4:15 PM

Apr 2011
OutlawImmortal said:
I was curious about the amount of adult content in the manga because my 12 year old sister is really into this series. I've checked many sites and most of them labeled this as ecchi.
Your 12 year old sister will enjoy this series. unlike the generic series, this series has many strong female characters.

The ecchi moments aren't anything your sister hasn't seen. Allow her to grow a little.
vansonbeeMay 31, 2013 5:33 PM
May 31, 2013 4:42 PM

Dec 2012
vansonbee said:
Your 12 year old sister will enjoy this series. unlike the generic series, they have no strong female character.

What?
May 31, 2013 4:51 PM

May 2012
Yes
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

May 31, 2013 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
Yes it's kinda ecchi. Definitely the most of the currently popular battle shounens.

I don't think there is any real nudity, it's just some bikini shots. I think there have been multiple bikini contests, and some skimpy outfits. Jokes made about stuff like that.
May 31, 2013 7:29 PM

Apr 2010
Jun 1, 2013 4:14 AM

May 2010
It is fairly ecchi especially the recent chapter...
Jun 1, 2013 4:17 AM
Dec 2012
antonn said:
Borderline hentai.

Sounds legit...
Jun 1, 2013 7:19 AM

Apr 2011
antonn said:
Borderline hentai.
I wish sometimes
Jun 1, 2013 7:26 AM
Apr 2013
Just like any shounen: zero physical romance, but has fanservice.

FT in particular has more fanservice then most, but it's usually just lots of cleavage, and skimpy outfits.
Jun 8, 2013 6:41 AM

Mar 2013
I wouldn't say that Fairy Tail has any "adult content". Of course, there are exposed breasts or even nude pictures, but Mashima doesn't do any explicit sexual reference in the whole manga. That's why it's called fanservice.
My Anime List
My Manga List

Now Playing: Final Fantasy IX
Jun 8, 2013 11:48 AM

Jun 2011
Compared to some of the other battle shounen, Fairy Tail could be considered ecchi. Honestly speaking, it isn't really distracting to the plot (most of the time).

Jun 8, 2013 11:51 AM

Nov 2012
Indrico said:
i think fairy tail only fanservice .
^
Jul 9, 2013 12:56 PM
Jul 2013
antonn said:
Borderline hentai.

if Fairy Tail is hentai for you then you really are way too conservative. Just google 'hentai' , to see what it really actually is, then compare it to the boob shots of FT.
Jul 11, 2013 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
Krybdyr said:
antonn said:
Borderline hentai.

if Fairy Tail is hentai for you then you really are way too conservative. Just google 'hentai' , to see what it really actually is, then compare it to the boob shots of FT.

Did you see the word "borderline" ? LOL

Indeed it is a ecchi series. a very ecchi one. NO DOUBT
Jul 26, 2013 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
Shanks_Hashirama said:
Krybdyr said:
antonn said:
Borderline hentai.

Yeah I'm looking at your lists.

Pretty much all you read/watch are battle shounen which just don't usually have ecchi. I find this is very common among people who seem to think that Fairy Tail is "super ecchi" or "boarderline hentai". You're also probably too young to remember when Tenchi Muyo aired on Toonami and you don't have a single ecchi harem on your list.

Go read KissxSis or Aki Sora and then tell me again that Fairy Tail is 'boarderline hentai". In fact go read Love Hina, which is fairly mild but still FAAR raunchier than Fairy Tail.

As for your 12 year old sister- I'm honestly pretty conservative when it comes to what anime/manga you show kids, but really, yeah Fairy Tail has fanservice but compared to other battle shounen it's the most female-friendly because it has genuinely strong female characters- Not just physically strong, but mentally and emotionally strong as well which is rare in anime/manga as a whole. It also has much more romance than the average battle shounen.
Jul 26, 2013 1:58 AM

May 2013
Amberleh said:
Shanks_Hashirama said:
Krybdyr said:
antonn said:
Borderline hentai.

Pretty much all you read/watch are battle shounen which just don't usually have ecchi. I find this is very common among people who seem to think that Fairy Tail is "super ecchi" or "boarderline hentai". You're also probably too young to remember when Tenchi Muyo aired on Toonami and you don't have a single ecchi harem on your list.

Go read KissxSis or Aki Sora and then tell me again that Fairy Tail is 'boarderline hentai". In fact go read Love Hina, which is fairly mild but still FAAR raunchier than Fairy Tail.

As for your 12 year old sister- I'm honestly pretty conservative when it comes to what anime/manga you show kids, but really, yeah Fairy Tail has fanservice but compared to other battle shounen it's the most female-friendly because it has genuinely strong female characters- Not just physically strong, but mentally and emotionally strong as well which is rare in anime/manga as a whole. It also has much more romance than the average battle shounen.

I'm sure antonn is just kidding.
Jul 26, 2013 3:35 AM

Oct 2012
There are just some boob shots,but don't worry,I'm sure your sister isn't afraid of boobs. but she might get a little jelly
Jul 26, 2013 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
As a girl I watched series like Saber Marionet, Those who hunt elves, neo genesis evangelion, etc when I was 7-8 years old. They had scenes that were definetely not for my age but hey, I grew up and turned alright. As long as your sister understands what she shouldn't do at her age, I don't see any problem with letting her read Fairy Tail, which main appeal isn't the ecchi part anyway.
Jul 26, 2013 3:07 PM

Mar 2012
Cabron said:
Not really, if there is panty shots, exposed breasts...then yes.

Read the few last chapters. That's enough to be considered 'adult content'.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 26, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2010
On some parts it is ecchi especially with Lucy , Wendy ,Erza or any big boobed girl !!
Not to mention the gropes!!
Jul 26, 2013 4:35 PM

Nov 2012
It's not Ecchi, like at all.
If you're saying that just by having panty-shots it's considered ecchi then by that logic Ben-to is ecchi or heck even Sailor-Moon would be considered ecchi.
Jul 26, 2013 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
If you're saying that just by having panty-shots it's considered ecchi then by that logic Ben-to is ecchi or heck even Sailor-Moon would be considered ecchi.
There are bikini contests in fights as well as one outside of one. Changing into skimpy outfits and didn't Gemini flash everyone? I know the manga is a little different from the anime.
While that isn't borderline ecchi, it is kinda ecchi.
Jul 26, 2013 6:07 PM

Dec 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
There are bikini contests in fights as well as one outside of one. Changing into skimpy outfits and didn't Gemini flash everyone? I know the manga is a little different from the anime.

It has ecchi compared to other battle shounens but that's it. I honestly don't get why people are saying fairy tail focuses on tits or w/e, it is very tame compared to other manga in the ecchi genre. People are just exaggerating in this thread.
Raven-san said:
Read the few last chapters. That's enough to be considered 'adult content'.

What do you mean by that?
Jul 26, 2013 6:14 PM

Nov 2010
tsudecimo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:

It has ecchi compared to other battle shounens but that's it. I honestly don't get why people are saying fairy tail focuses on tits or w/e, it is very tame compared to other manga in the ecchi genre. People are just exaggerating in this thread.
Were there not bikini contests in the middle of fights and one out? Did Gemini not use Lucy's body to flash everyone? Did they change into skimpy outfits sometimes?
Yes it isn't full ecchi like a harem, but it does have ecchi. Enough to warrant an ecchi tag for the manga, surprised there isn't one for the anime. I've heard that the anime ecchified some things up more like the bikini contest in the Grand Magic Games, bringing out all the other girls too.
Jul 26, 2013 6:41 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
Yes, the anime did expand that scene since in the manga that fight did not even last at all, and it was only mirajane and that other woman fighting and switching outfits but in the anime they decided to add in all the women from each guild and have them dress in Bikinis and pose I guess to put distance between the anime and the manga, but nothing more and nothing less so, I don't see how that's enough to warrant an ecchi tag. I can consider it fan service, but not ecchi though, but there are times where they overlap.
Jul 26, 2013 6:45 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
Yes, the anime did expand that scene since in the manga that fight did not even last at all, and it was only mirajane and that other woman fighting and switching outfits but in the anime they decided to add in all the women from each guild and have them dress in Bikinis and pose I guess to put distance between the anime and the manga, but nothing more and nothing less so, I don't see how that's enough to warrant an ecchi tag. I can consider it fan service, but not ecchi though, but there are times where they overlap.
What about the other things I mentioned? The bikini contest before the Fairy Battle, changing into skimpy outfits in Edolas in the monster land, Gemini Lucy and Edolas Lucy comparing bodies, the Cana and Lucy battle with Freed, Gemini disguised as Lucy flashing the people. And there are probably some more, idk, those are just off the top of my head.
Jul 26, 2013 6:47 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
What about the other things I mentioned? The bikini contest before the Fairy Battle, changing into skimpy outfits in Edolas in the monster land, Gemini Lucy and Edolas Lucy comparing bodies, the Cana and Lucy battle with Freed, Gemini disguised as Lucy flashing the people. And there are probably some more, idk, those are just off the top of my head.
I don't really remember those scenes to be honest, it's been a really long time.
Jul 28, 2013 1:06 AM
Feb 2013
Unit-01 said:
If you're saying that just by having panty-shots...

You can't be serious. There's more than panty shots: there's bare ass, bare but nipple-less breasts in recent chapters, and females groping each other. It has ecchi, no doubt. I'm not against FT's fanservice, but for one to say there's no ecchi at all is completely wrong.
Sep 17, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Amberleh said:
Shanks_Hashirama said:

Not bad. So are you trying to discount my credibility by looking at my list? To be honest I actually watched quite a few ecchi harem series. I read To love ru, watched Highschool Dxd, Queens Blade and abit of Highschool of the Dead, Kiss sis and read abit of Maken ki and Kenichi. So I'm pretty familar with the genre, I dont bother putting those on my list or you could just say "Im ashame of it " because those are considered my guilty pleasure.

Why Im calling it a "very ecchi one" because it is pretty close to what an ecchi series is. Not only panty shots you got almost EVERY chapter, sometimes even boob groping, naked SM, awkward position such as doggy style etc. Well just type "fairy tail ecchi" or "fairy tail fanservice" on google image, picture will explain itself. Its pretty close on the standard of an ecchi like Kenichi and Triage X. Not really surprise you're trying to backup the series though, since its one of your favorite.

Yes it have some pretty strong female characters. But it seems to me that you people are having the impression that the series are actually supporting female empowerment and equal opportunity. You serious? Cant you people see that the reason Hiro Mashima having so many female main characters merely because they provide more fan service opportunity? These people that claim as if Hiro treated women in his series fairly makes me wanna puke. Well I dont think thats the only reason why female likes the series though, there's an obvious present of romance and lots of pairing in the series. Which rarely happen in mainstream shonen. Those are the only reason why FT have such a large female fanbase too. Pairing and hypocritical empowerment.

Oh btw stop assuming everyone on Earth live in the US. I had no idea what Toonami is other than its a channel if I am not mistaken.
Sep 17, 2014 1:09 PM

Nov 2010
Holy 1 year 2 months late response batman.
Nov 28, 2017 4:28 AM

Mar 2014
FREEEEEZE!

Yeah totally Fairy Tail should have added a ecchi tag a LOONG time ago.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.