Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2009 7:45 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A bit surprised at how things turned out, but the conversation was still quite intense and interesting. Good stuff.
Jan 4, 2009 4:22 AM

Jan 2008
Holy crap.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Jan 4, 2009 7:54 AM

May 2007
Well, that was definitely not what I was expecting how the conversation would turn out. Although Rin's mother not being emotionally and financially ready to take care of a child was something I did expect.

Still, after all that, we still don't know who exactly Rin's father is. I was hoping we'd get some kind of clue towards that. Oh well.
Jan 4, 2009 8:35 AM

Oct 2008
I'm sorry but her mom is a heartless bitch. She could say she like her daughter but can't raise her due to financial difficulties but not "I don't want her" ditching your own daughter to realize your dream is selfishness imo. One should not run away from responsibilities.
P.S: If this was done by a scanlation group, props to them for having the best translation and best use of English in a manga.
Jan 10, 2009 9:54 PM
Apr 2008
Faust721 said:

A bit surprised at how things turned out, but the conversation was still quite intense and interesting. Good stuff.

No kidding.

I'm still wondering if gramps is really the father. Would make for some great drama if he isn't. Otherwise its an old (80+?) dude getting it on with a woman who looks like a young teenaged girl. Big ick factor for me right there.
Jan 18, 2009 8:41 PM

Jun 2007
My post from last chapter seems about right well pretty close to right ( post ).

The only thing that I was off on was her age and her reason for not wanting rin. After reading chapter 12 we find out she's 30, same age as Dikachi. I'm thinking the guy she's living with might actually be the guy that got her preggos or possibly her new lover. In either case it should be interesting to see how things unfold. Will she want Rin back? Will she stay with the current guy shes with or will she fall for Dikachi (sp?) in the future? So many possibility's.
May 21, 2009 2:10 PM

Mar 2009
DeathfireD said:
My post from last chapter seems about right well pretty close to right ( post ).

The only thing that I was off on was her age and her reason for not wanting rin. After reading chapter 12 we find out she's 30, same age as Dikachi. I'm thinking the guy she's living with might actually be the guy that got her preggos or possibly her new lover. In either case it should be interesting to see how things unfold. Will she want Rin back? Will she stay with the current guy shes with or will she fall for Dikachi (sp?) in the future? So many possibility's.

yeah. It seems like you were on the right track...
tikukuMay 21, 2009 2:18 PM
Apr 18, 2010 2:00 PM

Apr 2010
Rebella said:
I'm sorry but her mom is a heartless bitch. She could say she like her daughter but can't raise her due to financial difficulties but not "I don't want her" ditching your own daughter to realize your dream is selfishness imo. One should not run away from responsibilities.
P.S: If this was done by a scanlation group, props to them for having the best translation and best use of English in a manga.

I friggin agree. Just wtf is wrong with her? She's such a child. Plus, she also has the nerve to think Rin is stupid just because of her age. Ugh! She should get slapped just for that. >:(

Apr 21, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2009
I really see the grandpa being with such a young girl, I mean it is a big how the hell did that happen when you think of it.

I am not going to judge her, as her decision brought about the girl happiness instead of keeping her and make her life miserable.
Jul 9, 2011 8:55 AM

Oct 2009
Hmm...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 1:01 AM

Dec 2009
you know, as stupid as it sounds, I loathe Rin's mother in a way. Something about her just makes me despise her character.
May 7, 2012 1:33 PM

Feb 2012
I don’t think Rin’s mom deserves all the hate she’s getting. She was going to abort Rin until Daikichi’s grandfather talked her out of it. She never wanted Rin and probably knew she couldn’t handle a child by herself, but she still had her. That fact, and also knowing it would be better for someone else to take care of Rin, makes her alright in my book.
Sep 23, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2013
They look so alike. I mean Rin and her mother. I was expecting a selfish and cold personality but it turned out to be the opposite.
Feb 2, 2017 5:14 PM

May 2015
I think the grandfather was out of place, ESPECIALLY if the theory about him not being Rin's real father is true. In that case he has no damn place telling a woman with whom he has no intimate relation whether or not she should get an abortion.

I also dislike how it almost seemed as if they were trying to antagonize Rin's mother. Maksako is young. She was careless. In fact, she wanted an abortion because she knew she couldn't handle being a mother. If you ask me, that shows that she is at least SOMEWHAT responsible. Masako seems to be a genuinely good woman. She didn't "ditch" Rin like we thought. She wanted to pursue her dreams, and if she had gotten the abortion then she could have. Would you all be criticizing her if that was the case? (If so, then that's an entirely different debate) She didn't get up and leave. She thought about it and discussed it with the grandfather. We're all so quick to judge this woman, but she isn't a bad person at all. Just young and foolish.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)

More topics from this board

» When does it get trash?

AshTheChamp - Mar 22

4 by blinddig »»
Apr 8, 4:09 AM

» why hate usagi drop manga's end? ( 1 2 3 )

liveanime - Jan 15, 2016

134 by kmd3134 »»
Jan 25, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 62 Discussion

Dr_Funkadelic - Feb 27, 2013

44 by BigBlueBash »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 61 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 28, 2013

1 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Chapter 60 Discussion

Javi-Hime - Feb 14, 2013

4 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.