Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Spike's fate does knowing ruin something of the show for you? Spoilers ahead?

New
May 26, 2013 10:52 AM
Dec 2011
So I just read that Shinichiro Watanabe confirmed Spike in fact lived. I like many assumed he had died. Does knowing that ruin some of the magic of the show for you. Unlike some I have never been a big fan of ambiguous endings like Code Geass and Bebop. But on the other hand I never really liked the creator just saying what happened without it being put into some form of Media (TV, Manga, etc.). So does knowing Spike's fate change your opinion of the anime? Personally I still love the show it's a classic, but I think I would prefer Spike to have died unless we got some epilogue OVA or something, but again that has it's own issue's so what do you think?

Crunchyroll interview with Shinichiro Watanabe
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/05/26-1/video-rare-english-interview-with-cowboy-bebop-director-shinichiro-watanabe
May 26, 2013 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
Just saw that and I was like "O_____O." YESSSSSSSSSS, but in a way I also said went "Whut..."

The death scene at big impact for me in the show.
May 26, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
dobbs said:
So I just read that Shinichiro Watanabe confirmed Spike in fact lived. I like many assumed he had died. Does knowing that ruin some of the magic of the show for you. Unlike some I have never been a big fan of ambiguous endings like Code Geass and Bebop. But on the other hand I never really liked the creator just saying what happened without it being put into some form of Media (TV, Manga, etc.). So does knowing Spike's fate change your opinion of the anime? Personally I still love the show it's a classic, but I think I would prefer Spike to have died unless we got some epilogue OVA or something, but again that has it's own issue's so what do you think?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/05/26-1/video-rare-english-interview-with-cowboy-bebop-director-shinichiro-watanabe

Yes, that has pissed me off. Because of Spike's character, it would be far more fitting if he actually died. Thanks a lot Shinichiro.
May 26, 2013 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
He still said its up to the person watching if he lives or dies. He pretty much just said watanabe's is on the spike lives side which is nothing really new, Hes been saying he likes the idea of spike surviving for the past decade

Also cant wait to see his new show, him combining with bones sounds to good to be true

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
He still said its up to the person watching if he lives or dies. He pretty much just said watanabe's is on the spike lives side which is nothing really new, Hes been saying he likes the idea of spike surviving for the past decade

Also cant wait to see his new show, him combining with bones sounds to good to be true

Still wondering what show it will be since it hasn't been said what it is. Sci-fi, comedy sounds nice.
May 26, 2013 12:24 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Still wondering what show it will be since it hasn't been said what it is. Sci-fi, comedy sounds nice.
Yah im really curious too. I think ti will be revealed very soon, is say this because when bones have this gap in anime seasons where just nothing is airing that usually means something big is coming, usually its 50 episode series like the gap leading to FMA and soul eater was, however i think it means its leading to this show.

Not saying it will have 50 episodes, but i just think bones is working full force towards this one series and like bebop and champloo probably giving it godly animation across the entire series. My bet is that it will be announced very soon and will start airing probably this fall

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 26, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Yeah it's pretty much old news by this point.

He still left the ending open for interpretation so his (ever-changing) views on it doesn't detract from my love of the series.

What i am excited about are his next projects. One coming out this year 2013 and the next 2014! One of them he considers a spiritual successor to Cowboy Bebop!!! The man can do no wrong in my opinion :3
Jun 16, 2013 4:45 PM
Dec 2010
I'll keep living under the assumption that he died, I like the ending far better that way.
Jun 17, 2013 5:09 AM

Dec 2012
Fuck him. Spike died.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 15, 2013 1:14 AM

Apr 2013
He should have left it at where everyone thought spike died. About that Sci-Fi comedy... possible sequel?
Jul 15, 2013 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
I think it's better if you leave it to your imagination, since there is no other episode after that. I'd like to think he died.

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
May 6, 2016 10:39 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
"He also confirmed for the first time that the show's lead character Spike actually survived the final episode of the beloved series and remains his personal favorite character. "
There is no doubt in this phrase, there is no side to take on, the director simply said, he lived, he didnt said he wished him to live.
How people can interpretate it saying the director was choosing a side, just lool
Jan 21, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2018
dobbs said:

**WEEB ALERT **

alright if u hate weebs like me LEAVE

so in the end of cowboy bebop[obvs the best anime ever]spikes dies right after shooting an hand bullet and saying "bang"

right after that it says "you are gona carry that weight"

what i think is that spike shot us with an bullet of weight and emotions and his past that we have to carry

now its on us if u want to lift it or be like spike and jet in the first episode and pretended.;

See You Space Cowboy...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RoadLord - Oct 24, 2007

143 by Anurag469 »»
Today, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

622 by TeeDeeHeeHee »»
Apr 17, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

samurai_tom - Jul 16, 2009

88 by Coletty »»
Apr 15, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

109 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 11:26 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

122 by wallus81 »»
Apr 13, 10:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.