Forum Settings
Forums

Movie for TV Anime 'K' Due in 2014 [Update 12/11]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 26, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Alexx_ said:
My question is.... Is there going to be a plot?
Your question is more probably.. Is there going to be a plot that you will accept as a plot. Because I think the original anime indeed has a plot, but perhaps not one you think counts as plot.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 26, 2013 11:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
Meh, might watch this but not expecting much out of it.

Pretty much how I feel. On the plus side, pretty animation and nice music, why not? X) I wonder why it's only a movie and not a second season? There's still so much they can do with the world of K...
May 26, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2012
Much fanservice awaits for both the ladies and the lads.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
May 26, 2013 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
tingy said:
Stark700 said:
Meh, might watch this but not expecting much out of it.

Pretty much how I feel. On the plus side, pretty animation and nice music, why not? X) I wonder why it's only a movie and not a second season? There's still so much they can do with the world of K...

Maybe it might be based on K: Memory of Red.

But ya, expanding on season 2 would be a wiser choice. I think there was a news about a season 2 but was only titled as 'sequel'.
May 26, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
Alexx_ said:
My question is.... Is there going to be a plot?
Your question is more probably.. Is there going to be a plot that you will accept as a plot. Because I think the original anime indeed has a plot, but perhaps not one you think counts as plot.
Yeah I don't think I can accept good looking men throwing magic powers at each other with a kid riding on a skate board with BL undertones & constant blue filter with no direction for 13 eps as a plot.
May 26, 2013 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
Why?
Seriously, it wasn't even that good.
May 26, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
Well hopefully we'll get a second TV season after this movie then! The world that K created is just too big and still untapped.
May 26, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2009
For those who keep asking 'why', the answer is... 'money'. It's not that hard.

TheAwakenHD said:
They like to waste their money .

Spending money on a product that has shown itself netting sales and having an audience in the past is never a 'waste'.
May 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:
Yeah I don't think I can accept good looking men throwing magic powers at each other with a kid riding on a skate board with BL undertones & constant blue filter with no direction for 13 eps as a plot.

You don't get to redefine the definition of plot to "not including things I don't like". Of course K had a plot, whether you like the story elements it used to execute that plot is utterly, utterly irrelevant.
You missed the point I was trying to make all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent, and was just fujoshi-pandering shit but if you like
Homo undertones in your animu then that's fine by me.

iirc K was actually an anime that was seeking to fanservice both genders (what a twist) giving everyone a little something. I understand most male anime fans just see red at the thought of fanservice for females blinding them to any number of half naked cat girls but that doesn't change the fact really. I'm sure the movie and S2 will continue this trend.
May 26, 2013 1:49 PM
Feb 2013
Everybody's saying that there won't be a second season, but is it even 100% confirmed that what they meant by sequel was just a movie?
May 26, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
I would have preferred a second season over a movie, but I guess I'll wait, we'll probably get subs somewhere around 2015 T_T
May 26, 2013 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
parfaited said:
UpperBody said:
This series just really needs to ditch the three leads and focus on the semi-interesting gang people and it'd be so much more enjoyable.

Precisely.

More HOMRA and less of the three stooges plz.

More three stooges and Less HOMRA fap material plz.
May 26, 2013 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
peacecraft said:
Well hopefully we'll get a second TV season after this movie then! The world that K created is just too big and still untapped.

I'm hoping for this too cause we still need to find out about the other kings I think green and black are the only ones left unless they make novels for these two there has to be another season after the movie. I also hope they decide to animate Memory of Red in the future when more source material is released. Cause Homra > any thing else in the K setting.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 26, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
The anime sucked, but well. Fanservice sells well indeed. Anyway, I'm happy for the fans, I guess.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 26, 2013 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
Plotless Fujoshit series getting a Movie? I thought it was getting a second season.
May 26, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
Wouldnt life be fabulous if the movie was a prequel and the season season could be a sequel? T - T
May 26, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:
You missed the point I was trying to make

It's not me who "missed" a point, it's the self-contradicting way you tried to state it that made your point completely idiotic to begin with.

all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent

Didn't like it != non-existent. Stop using words in ways that don't match what they actually mean.
I understood the point, but it seemed a but hostile, I watched K while it was airing and I can say that K projects plot was hardly relevant. If it was meant to be episodic showing hints in each episode like other series I can name(CB) then it was terribly executed..

Edit: Before you attack me I'm just going to state that this is just my opinion, since most users tend to get offended by my opinions and then resort to ad hominem
Noriko_TakayaMay 26, 2013 2:53 PM
May 26, 2013 2:34 PM

May 2013
Oh wow I can't wait! I don't really know, I didn't think season 1 was super amazing or bad. It seemed rushed, the plot is really good though. I wonder if the novels are better.
May 26, 2013 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
hmm... Interesting. I have several friends that would be super excited for this.
May 26, 2013 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
Wth, this is the surprised of the week as if a second season wasn't enough now it's getting a movie too, did not see that one coming at all
May 26, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
no recaps please, a lot of anime movies of tv series are just recaps with no new animation
May 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
Better than having a second season with 6+ episodes of bullshit and then 5 more of rushed plot.
May 26, 2013 3:09 PM
Aug 2011
Alexx_ said:
with a kid riding on a skate board with BL undertones

I like how that one part reads like the skateboards are the ones providing the BL undertone.
Skateboardsexual.

mistress_kisara said:
parfaited said:
UpperBody said:
This series just really needs to ditch the three leads and focus on the semi-interesting gang people and it'd be so much more enjoyable.

Precisely.

More HOMRA and less of the three stooges plz.

More three stooges and Less HOMRA fap material plz.

:O I cry. There is never enough HOMRA fap material.
May 26, 2013 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
Intersting, I didn't know I had the power to push my subjective taste as an objective statement. Heh
Maybe, I should put "IMO" after each sentence so that someone doesn't get their panties in a bunch.

@parfaited lol, I just meant in general.
RX-782May 26, 2013 3:15 PM
May 26, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2011
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

You don't get to redefine the definition of plot to "not including things I don't like". Of course K had a plot, whether you like the story elements it used to execute that plot is utterly, utterly irrelevant.
You missed the point I was trying to make all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent, and was just fujoshi-pandering shit but if you like

How can you complain about homo undertones when you have Hisoka as your forum picture?

And yes that is him getting a erection.
VioLinkMay 26, 2013 4:12 PM
[center]
May 26, 2013 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
Alexx_ said:
You missed the point I was trying to make all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent, and was just fujoshi-pandering shit but if you like Homo undertones in your animu then that's fine by me.

You had me up to this post (not that you care, nor I for that matter). But who gives a crap if there is "Homo undertones" if the story kicks ass? Good is good. The trouble isn't that K had "undertones" or was primarily eye candy for "fujoshi" (though it had enough female eye candy for the Otaku), or whatever, the trouble was that the plot was muddled, it was predictable, and it seemed very much the product of a committee trying to hit all the "cool points" rather than the work of an individual artist. It was mostly style over substance.

This was why K sucked and why I believe despite being heavily marketed, the show ended up under-achieving (yes I know that it averaged 7,500 and that this is very good, but success is relative and I think that they were expecting a lot more, which is why we are getting a movie and not a second season - good enough to milk, but not good enough to risk a second season).

But you sir are an ass. Critique a show based on its demerits, not you whiny bigoted opinion.
May 26, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2012
VioLink said:
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

How can you complain about homo undertones when you have Hisoka as your forum picture?

If you're trying to call Hisoka gay then you're misunderstanding his nature, Hisoka does not get turned on by little boys, he gets turned on by anybody strong or has potential to be strong and can give off a good fight since Hisoka loves to fight, and I can't deny that Hisoka is an interesting and somewhat mysterious character of the series.
Besides, it's nothing like K
May 26, 2013 4:26 PM

Sep 2010
Lulexiaa said:
Wouldnt life be fabulous if the movie was a prequel and the season season could be a sequel? T - T

It would be, but no. I guess the K universe is going to be told through novels and manga from what I read on tumblr with them releasing multiple side stories on the characters although I wouldn't be surprised it they decided to animate a couple of them in the future. Memory of Red needs to be animated the most though. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 26, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
@takuhan_soho
What the fuck? First saying you're saying the story kicked ass then you're saying that it sucked and was predictable? Lol ok
No, I'm just saying for the millionth time that the plot was fucking non-existent and was just fujoshi pandering, Jesus fucking christ.
May 26, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
Alexx_ said:
VioLink said:
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

If you're trying to call Hisoka gay then you're misunderstanding his nature, Hisoka does not get turned on by little boys, he gets turned on by anybody strong or has potential to be strong and can give off a good fight since Hisoka loves to fight, and I can't deny that Hisoka is an interesting and somewhat mysterious character of the series.

Homo undertones are homo undertones, nobody in K project is gay either.
[center]
May 26, 2013 4:42 PM

Nov 2012
VioLink said:
Alexx_ said:
VioLink said:
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

Homo undertones are homo undertones, nobody in K project is gay either.
Yeah I know, though it just seems like most people think I disliked the undertones and found it repulsive which is not what I meant.
May 26, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2013
I won't tell you that K had a plot and you won't tell me that Gunbuster! ending sucked.
May 26, 2013 4:59 PM

Nov 2012
But everyone is objecting my post about the undertones and not for the plot.
Okay, if it satisfies you then can I say that the plot was almost non-existent?

Noriko_Takaya said:
I won't tell you that K had a plot and you won't tell me that Gunbuster! ending sucked.
lol
May 26, 2013 5:07 PM
Oct 2012
Alexx_ said:
Yeah I know, though it just seems like most people think I disliked the undertones and found it repulsive which is not what I meant.

Uhm, that isn't what you said, and that you didn't understand my point sort of suggests otherwise.

My point was that any "undertones" is irrelevant. Something is either good or not. The undertones don't make something better or worse.

"Undertones" may not be your preference, and you can express disappointment if you thought K was going to be something else, but again that doesn't make K good or not. For an example someone might say "I don't like harem comics, therefore I don't like To-Love Ru". That is a perfectly fine opinion (I don't share it, but different tastes), but that is something very different from saying "To-Love Ru sucks because it has no plot" and then when someone points out "yes it does have a plot", your replying "I leave you to your incest undertones and fanservice".

Two very different things.

Now I share your opinion that K wasn't very good, but say why you think it sucked, not that anyone who liked it sucks.
May 26, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
So is this going to be the second season now or a recap or what? I don't want to scroll through all the 'discussions' about undertones and whatnot to find that out in case it is already said somewhere in this thread.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 26, 2013 7:07 PM

Apr 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
So is this going to be the second season now or a recap or what? I don't want to scroll through all the 'discussions' about undertones and whatnot to find that out in case it is already said somewhere in this thread.
It's not like it's on the first page or anything.
May 26, 2013 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

The movie might be the sequel promised instead of the season two. Beyond that, no info is known.
May 26, 2013 7:56 PM

Oct 2008
I found first season pretty interesting, so I guess this is good news.
May 26, 2013 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
Woot, maybe we can actually see the other kings :D
May 26, 2013 8:40 PM

Sep 2012
Alexx_ said:
But everyone is objecting my post about the undertones and not for the plot.Okay, if it satisfies you then can I say that the plot was almost non-existent?
The fact is K does have a plot. You thinking that it serves no purpose other than pleasing the fujoshi (and I wonder if you really know what fujoshi means, but that's another question) is entirely something else. This is what your PROBLEM is and why so many called you out.

It just boggles mind to see how you still insist the plot is almost non-existent after jmal wrote the summary of the plot here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=605723&show=80#msg22320831 To repeat it an umpteenth time, existence of elements in the story or animation that are not agreeable to you does not diminish whether a plot exists or how much of a plot exists. The two are different things and not to be confused or mixed up.

Noriko_Takaya said:
Plotless Fujoshit series getting a Movie? I thought it was getting a second season.
Prime example of rubbish comment. You should be ashamed of yourself, particularly if you are really a female. I am not even sure you know what fujoshi actually means -- I guess in your mind it is just an insult to throw around.
symbvMay 26, 2013 9:21 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 26, 2013 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
Great news, not only they are releasing a second season, but a movie too^^

Assuming there is going to be both, that it.
May 26, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2011
At least it's just a movie, for now. I'll probably end up watching it just to see what happens, I didn't exactly enjoy the first season.

Let there be Mikoto.

May 26, 2013 11:08 PM

Aug 2012
Wonder what it's gonna be about
"You're making too much of me. All I am these days, is the poor owner of a small time candy store."-Kisuke Urahara
May 26, 2013 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
Yay~ more Fushimi. :3
May 26, 2013 11:45 PM
Aug 2012
Absolutely ridiculous. Why do shows like this trash get sequels when there's so many better shows desperately in need of more material.
May 26, 2013 11:48 PM

Sep 2012
Sorayin said:
Absolutely ridiculous. Why do shows like this trash get sequels when there's so many better shows desperately in need of more material.
Simple: Because those "trash" shows have support and "better" shows do not have enough support, either from fans or from the content owner, or both.

May 27, 2013 12:17 AM

Sep 2012
I can't say I was a fan of the first season, but it had a interesting cast of characters and concept so I might watch it. Hopefully the second season will be a lot better than the first.
May 27, 2013 3:24 AM
Sep 2012
Naked Neko on the big screen? I'm in.
May 27, 2013 4:55 AM

Jul 2009
bippo said:
Naked Neko on the big screen? I'm in.

Not sure about that but she will wear new outfit for the movie:

May 27, 2013 7:29 AM

Dec 2009
Damn, that fucking poster is wonderful. It even made me forget my little thoughts of "... no".
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.