Forum Settings
Forums

Movie for TV Anime 'K' Due in 2014 [Update 12/11]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 26, 2013 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
i dont get it there will be no real 2nd season? just a movie ??
May 26, 2013 8:43 AM

Jun 2012
A movie, eh? Well, personally I really liked it so far, so I'll definately watch it when I can! uvu
May 26, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
ranzero said:
wait, so this movie is the second season ???
I dont understand japanese....
Masterkilla235 said:
i dont get it there will be no real 2nd season? just a movie ??
To be fair, the previous announcements on TV and the official site only mentioned 続編 which means sequel (or the next chapter) and it never said that this sequel will be another TV series. I think everyone (including most Japanese fans) just assume that by default a sequel of a TV series means a second season.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 26, 2013 8:57 AM

Aug 2009
//reads the other posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO //CRIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I wanted a 2nd season though! T___T
PLEASE TELL ME IT ISNT SOOO Q________Q T___T

A full 2nd season would have more plot and story to it other than a 2 hr movie Q__Q! </3

And also, we would have to wait FOREVER to watch this movie b/c first we have to wait for the movie release in Japan, then months for the dvd to come out, then a while for someone to sub it so people outside of japan can watch Q__Q </3

Please tell me it truly isnt sooo!! T_________T //crying
May 26, 2013 8:59 AM

Dec 2007
I'm a little disappointed that it's only a movie and not a 2nd season but oh we'll at least it's something :p
May 26, 2013 9:02 AM

Oct 2012
Pkmn said:
I wasn't really fond of the first season.

Agreed.

I suppose I'll watch it anyway just to see what extra details about story gets fleshed out, if any. The first season felt like it had potential but...it seemed as if the 12 episode limit restricted chances of it having better character development or added details of the plot premise; let's see what this movie offers then.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 26, 2013 9:10 AM

Apr 2011
So it won't be a S2 but a movie instead.
Will watch but it's on 2014 and waiting for the subs will be a pain.
May 26, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
*sigh* I put up with the series, so I guess I'll watch this.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
May 26, 2013 9:26 AM

Jul 2010
This series just really needs to ditch the three leads and focus on the semi-interesting gang people and it'd be so much more enjoyable.

That animation though, damn it's gonna be slick.
May 26, 2013 9:33 AM
Mar 2010
Well, I won't deny it, I am disappointed. Though, when they did announce that there would be a sequel, I expected that it would be an OVA or a Movie. That said, even though I was not really expecting a second season, it is disappointing all the same.
I'll have to wait until 2015 to watch it then.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 26, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
So a movie instead of a second season, well w/e then xD Lol.
May 26, 2013 10:12 AM

Jul 2012
Pfffthaha, it turned out to just be a movie for the 2nd season. Well, it's coming out in 2014, and then a wait for BDs. By then I'll probably have even forgotten I'd watched K.
May 26, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
K having a movie...I guess I should start watching the series...Got interested on it back then...And seeing it will have a movie, it would seem it's a pretty popular one...But I decided not to watch it just yet, I wouldn't want to wait a long time for this movie...
May 26, 2013 10:24 AM
Aug 2011
UpperBody said:
This series just really needs to ditch the three leads and focus on the semi-interesting gang people and it'd be so much more enjoyable.

Precisely.

More HOMRA and less of the three stooges plz.
May 26, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
Damn I was really hoping the second season would be in fall but its a movie. Well a movies are nice also so it could turn out to be just as good as a 2nd season. Can't wait to see more of the story and characters. NO BLOOD NO BONE NO ASH!
[center]
May 26, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
My question is.... Is there going to be a plot?
May 26, 2013 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
Meh, might watch this but not expecting much out of it.
May 26, 2013 10:41 AM

Jun 2010
So I suppose the DVD/BD release will be somewhere in 2015? :(

Great news anways!
May 26, 2013 10:43 AM

Dec 2012
I have not watched K yet. Maybe this movie will give me a motivation to watch it :P
May 26, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2011
I watched the complete first season...I will NOT be watching the second season...but I am open to giving the movie a chance mabey
May 26, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Alexx_ said:
Your question is more probably.. Is there going to be a plot that you will accept as a plot. Because I think the original anime indeed has a plot, but perhaps not one you think counts as plot.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 26, 2013 11:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Stark700 said:

Pretty much how I feel. On the plus side, pretty animation and nice music, why not? X) I wonder why it's only a movie and not a second season? There's still so much they can do with the world of K...
May 26, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2012
Much fanservice awaits for both the ladies and the lads.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
May 26, 2013 11:49 AM

Nov 2011
tingy said:
Stark700 said:

Pretty much how I feel. On the plus side, pretty animation and nice music, why not? X) I wonder why it's only a movie and not a second season? There's still so much they can do with the world of K...

Maybe it might be based on K: Memory of Red.

But ya, expanding on season 2 would be a wiser choice. I think there was a news about a season 2 but was only titled as 'sequel'.
May 26, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
Alexx_ said:
Your question is more probably.. Is there going to be a plot that you will accept as a plot. Because I think the original anime indeed has a plot, but perhaps not one you think counts as plot.
Yeah I don't think I can accept good looking men throwing magic powers at each other with a kid riding on a skate board with BL undertones & constant blue filter with no direction for 13 eps as a plot.
May 26, 2013 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
Why?
Seriously, it wasn't even that good.
May 26, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
Well hopefully we'll get a second TV season after this movie then! The world that K created is just too big and still untapped.
May 26, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2009
For those who keep asking 'why', the answer is... 'money'. It's not that hard.

TheAwakenHD said:
They like to waste their money .

Spending money on a product that has shown itself netting sales and having an audience in the past is never a 'waste'.
May 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:
Yeah I don't think I can accept good looking men throwing magic powers at each other with a kid riding on a skate board with BL undertones & constant blue filter with no direction for 13 eps as a plot.

You don't get to redefine the definition of plot to "not including things I don't like". Of course K had a plot, whether you like the story elements it used to execute that plot is utterly, utterly irrelevant.
You missed the point I was trying to make all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent, and was just fujoshi-pandering shit but if you like
Homo undertones in your animu then that's fine by me.

iirc K was actually an anime that was seeking to fanservice both genders (what a twist) giving everyone a little something. I understand most male anime fans just see red at the thought of fanservice for females blinding them to any number of half naked cat girls but that doesn't change the fact really. I'm sure the movie and S2 will continue this trend.
May 26, 2013 1:49 PM
Feb 2013
Everybody's saying that there won't be a second season, but is it even 100% confirmed that what they meant by sequel was just a movie?
May 26, 2013 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
I would have preferred a second season over a movie, but I guess I'll wait, we'll probably get subs somewhere around 2015 T_T
May 26, 2013 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
parfaited said:
UpperBody said:

Precisely.

More three stooges and Less HOMRA fap material plz.
May 26, 2013 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
peacecraft said:
Well hopefully we'll get a second TV season after this movie then! The world that K created is just too big and still untapped.

I'm hoping for this too cause we still need to find out about the other kings I think green and black are the only ones left unless they make novels for these two there has to be another season after the movie. I also hope they decide to animate Memory of Red in the future when more source material is released. Cause Homra > any thing else in the K setting.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 26, 2013 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
The anime sucked, but well. Fanservice sells well indeed. Anyway, I'm happy for the fans, I guess.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 26, 2013 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
Plotless Fujoshit series getting a Movie? I thought it was getting a second season.
May 26, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
Wouldnt life be fabulous if the movie was a prequel and the season season could be a sequel? T - T
May 26, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:
You missed the point I was trying to make

It's not me who "missed" a point, it's the self-contradicting way you tried to state it that made your point completely idiotic to begin with.

all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent

Didn't like it != non-existent. Stop using words in ways that don't match what they actually mean.
I understood the point, but it seemed a but hostile, I watched K while it was airing and I can say that K projects plot was hardly relevant. If it was meant to be episodic showing hints in each episode like other series I can name(CB) then it was terribly executed..

Edit: Before you attack me I'm just going to state that this is just my opinion, since most users tend to get offended by my opinions and then resort to ad hominem
Noriko_TakayaMay 26, 2013 2:53 PM
May 26, 2013 2:34 PM

May 2013
Oh wow I can't wait! I don't really know, I didn't think season 1 was super amazing or bad. It seemed rushed, the plot is really good though. I wonder if the novels are better.
May 26, 2013 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
hmm... Interesting. I have several friends that would be super excited for this.
May 26, 2013 2:55 PM

Nov 2008
Wth, this is the surprised of the week as if a second season wasn't enough now it's getting a movie too, did not see that one coming at all
May 26, 2013 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
no recaps please, a lot of anime movies of tv series are just recaps with no new animation
May 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2012
Better than having a second season with 6+ episodes of bullshit and then 5 more of rushed plot.
May 26, 2013 3:09 PM
Aug 2011
Alexx_ said:
with a kid riding on a skate board with BL undertones

I like how that one part reads like the skateboards are the ones providing the BL undertone.
Skateboardsexual.

mistress_kisara said:
parfaited said:
UpperBody said:

Precisely.

More three stooges and Less HOMRA fap material plz.

:O I cry. There is never enough HOMRA fap material.
May 26, 2013 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
Intersting, I didn't know I had the power to push my subjective taste as an objective statement. Heh
Maybe, I should put "IMO" after each sentence so that someone doesn't get their panties in a bunch.

@parfaited lol, I just meant in general.
RX-782May 26, 2013 3:15 PM
May 26, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2011
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

You don't get to redefine the definition of plot to "not including things I don't like". Of course K had a plot, whether you like the story elements it used to execute that plot is utterly, utterly irrelevant.
You missed the point I was trying to make all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent, and was just fujoshi-pandering shit but if you like

How can you complain about homo undertones when you have Hisoka as your forum picture?

And yes that is him getting a erection.
VioLinkMay 26, 2013 4:12 PM
[center]
May 26, 2013 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
Alexx_ said:
You missed the point I was trying to make all im saying is that I felt that the plot was non-existent, and was just fujoshi-pandering shit but if you like Homo undertones in your animu then that's fine by me.

You had me up to this post (not that you care, nor I for that matter). But who gives a crap if there is "Homo undertones" if the story kicks ass? Good is good. The trouble isn't that K had "undertones" or was primarily eye candy for "fujoshi" (though it had enough female eye candy for the Otaku), or whatever, the trouble was that the plot was muddled, it was predictable, and it seemed very much the product of a committee trying to hit all the "cool points" rather than the work of an individual artist. It was mostly style over substance.

This was why K sucked and why I believe despite being heavily marketed, the show ended up under-achieving (yes I know that it averaged 7,500 and that this is very good, but success is relative and I think that they were expecting a lot more, which is why we are getting a movie and not a second season - good enough to milk, but not good enough to risk a second season).

But you sir are an ass. Critique a show based on its demerits, not you whiny bigoted opinion.
May 26, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2012
VioLink said:
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

How can you complain about homo undertones when you have Hisoka as your forum picture?

If you're trying to call Hisoka gay then you're misunderstanding his nature, Hisoka does not get turned on by little boys, he gets turned on by anybody strong or has potential to be strong and can give off a good fight since Hisoka loves to fight, and I can't deny that Hisoka is an interesting and somewhat mysterious character of the series.
Besides, it's nothing like K
May 26, 2013 4:26 PM

Sep 2010
Lulexiaa said:
Wouldnt life be fabulous if the movie was a prequel and the season season could be a sequel? T - T

It would be, but no. I guess the K universe is going to be told through novels and manga from what I read on tumblr with them releasing multiple side stories on the characters although I wouldn't be surprised it they decided to animate a couple of them in the future. Memory of Red needs to be animated the most though. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 26, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
@takuhan_soho
What the fuck? First saying you're saying the story kicked ass then you're saying that it sucked and was predictable? Lol ok
No, I'm just saying for the millionth time that the plot was fucking non-existent and was just fujoshi pandering, Jesus fucking christ.
May 26, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
Alexx_ said:
VioLink said:
Alexx_ said:
jmal said:
Alexx_ said:

If you're trying to call Hisoka gay then you're misunderstanding his nature, Hisoka does not get turned on by little boys, he gets turned on by anybody strong or has potential to be strong and can give off a good fight since Hisoka loves to fight, and I can't deny that Hisoka is an interesting and somewhat mysterious character of the series.
Besides, it's nothing like K

Homo undertones are homo undertones, nobody in K project is gay either.
[center]
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by Avery20 »»
55 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by Miragee »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.