Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 26, 2013 4:14 AM

Oct 2010
only favorite character and the character you don't like in comment.

So as of episode 10 you might have a character or 2 you hate don't you.
jss9191Jun 9, 2013 5:30 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2013 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Favorite character: Hikigaya Hachiman

Character I don't like: none. They're all interesting and deep in their own way
May 26, 2013 5:13 AM

Apr 2011
Fave: Yukino

Naoki-Saten said:

Character I don't like: none. They're all interesting and deep in their own way
May 26, 2013 5:29 AM

Mar 2012
I hope the LN translation goes well.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 26, 2013 5:54 AM

Jul 2011
I like all of the main characters, but voted for Yukino.
講廢話,被撞到.
May 26, 2013 6:06 AM

Apr 2011
I will leave my vote in secret, I am sure I hid my preferences well.
May 27, 2013 12:57 AM

Jul 2010
Yukinon or Hachiman but I voted Yukinon.Because her personality is good to me :) and she resembles me
May 27, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2012
Awww no love for Saika? Why is that?

He's pretty cool if you ask me.
May 27, 2013 1:32 AM

Dec 2012
Hachiman hands down but all the other characters are great especially Yukino.

May 27, 2013 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
Deecool47 said:
Awww no love for Saika? Why is that?

He's pretty cool if you ask me.
Then vote for him. I'm sure you don't vote him.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 27, 2013 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
I'm a Hayama man, myself. He's popular, good-looking, good-natured, intelligent, athletic, easy-going, thoughtful, and relatively mature. Basically, he's a guy that you can't help but be friends with. He's not too proud to admit his mistakes, and he's not too full of himself to ignore other people's feelings. His one big flaw is that he's a little too wishy-washy and goes with the flow a little too much; but that's entirely forgivable.

I also like Yumiko. She's a total bitch, but she's also popular, intelligent, athletic, and best of all, she's confident. Sure she's got some insecurities (mainly based around Yukino, who is, ironically, a bigger bitch), but overall she's definitely not dwelling on them too much. She knows what she wants and she's not afraid to reach out and take it. I'd love to date her.

I don't hate any character, but my least favorite is Saika. He's too useless and overly girly for me to have anything but lukewarm distaste with him. Maybe if he curb-stomps some guy for talking smack I'd like him more. Something to give him some pizazz. "Yeah, that guy looks and acts like a pussy, but he's a goddamn monster. He whoops wholesale ass!" That would be pretty cool. Not gonna happen though. :(
Let's go bowling.
May 27, 2013 1:39 AM

Nov 2009
Everyone is funny in their own ways but I my favorite is Hachiman. I kind of understand what he's thinking and his ideals and reasoning is really funny and cool. The fujoshi girl is funny to, especially when she tried to preach and recruit others. I don't remember his name but my least favorite character is the guy Yukinon described as 'a frivolous person with only a penchant for making a fuss' or something like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2013 2:18 AM

Dec 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
I'm a Hayama man, myself. He's popular, good-looking, good-natured, intelligent, athletic, easy-going, thoughtful, and relatively mature. Basically, he's a guy that you can't help but be friends with. He's not too proud to admit his mistakes, and he's not too full of himself to ignore other people's feelings. His one big flaw is that he's a little too wishy-washy and goes with the flow a little too much; but that's entirely forgivable.

I also like Yumiko. She's a total bitch, but she's also popular, intelligent, athletic, and best of all, she's confident. Sure she's got some insecurities (mainly based around Yukino, who is, ironically, a bigger bitch), but overall she's definitely not dwelling on them too much. She knows what she wants and she's not afraid to reach out and take it. I'd love to date her.

You like to throw the word intelligent around it seems because Yumiko is dumber than Yui and Hayamn wish washy personality is not forgivable if that's all there is to it when it comes to his character. Character being popular is a likable trait now? Ok.
May 27, 2013 2:27 AM

Dec 2011
Hikigaya Hachiman is my favorite but I voted for Totsuka Saika (second in line for me) because he needs some love.
As for characters I dislike, non so far. They're all alright, I like all of them.
May 27, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
I like all of the characters, but Hachiman still wins by a mile. Cynical, anti-social, pessimistic, observant and actually funny, this guy's got it all it takes to be likeable in my books.
May 27, 2013 7:47 AM

Nov 2008
Hachiman. He's very relatable, which is sorta sad...
May 27, 2013 8:06 AM

Aug 2012
Hachiman for me. I really love his perspectives of life. So much to relate on.

May 27, 2013 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
All the characters are awesome, and I really like Shizuka.. But Hachiman hands down.
May 27, 2013 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
I'll go with Hachiman, he is a breath of fresh after male leads such as Kodaka and the like.

Shizuka-sensei is a close second, I love obsessive/stalkerish violent girls.

As far as dislike goes, mostly Mr Perfect, because is he is...too perfect.
May 27, 2013 9:04 AM
Jun 2009
I go with sensei. And I hate....Saki, which is not in the list.
May 27, 2013 9:38 AM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
StopDropAndBowl said:

You like to throw the word intelligent around it seems because Yumiko is dumber than Yui and Hayamn wish washy personality is not forgivable if that's all there is to it when it comes to his character. Character being popular is a likable trait now? Ok.

^ I agree.
I have yet to see a proof for Yumiko's intelligence. After episode 3, I was sure that Yumiko was pretty much as dumb as a brick. Though I don't think she's THAT stupid anymore, but I still have the impression her intelligence is mediocre at best.
Notice how she fails to see things from a different person's perspective (episode 7: "She's cute, so she should just hang out with other cuties. They'll be friends in no time. Yep, I'm a genius.) and despite being in the center of the school society, she's oblivious of the 'dark side' of it (ep 8, ebina's comment).

And yeah, listing 'popular' among her positive traits gives the impression that you want to suggest that being unpopular makes you a bad/unlikable person. That is something I definitely cannot agree with.
That aside, apart from her confidence, you only listed outward traits, instead of character traits which kinda makes you look like a superficial person (no offence intended). Ironically, you did not mention an important trait of Yumiko (most important from my point of view) - namely that she really watches out for her friends.
Naoki-SatenMay 27, 2013 10:45 AM
May 27, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
Naoki-Saten said:

I have yet to see a proof for Yumiko's intelligence. After episode 3, I was sure that Yumiko was pretty much as dumb as a brick. Though I don't think she's THAT stupid anymore, but I still have the impression her intelligence is mediocre at best.
Notice how she fails to see things from a different person's perspective (episode 7: "She's cute, so she should just hang out with other cuties. They'll be friends in no time. Yep, I'm a genius.) and despite being in the center of the school society, she's oblivious of the 'dark side' of it (ep 8, ebina's comment).

I see no indication that she is stupid. Young... sure. Conceited? Absolutely. But not stupid. No less intelligent than Yui. Perhaps a little less perceptive, but I remind you that she is very young. Besides, I didn't say that she was a great person, or that she was a genius. I said that she was intelligent, and likeable. To me, she is likeable. I repeat: I would have loved to date her when I was in high-school. She is just the right kind of bitch that can be really fun. Of course she has some growing up to do, but then again, Hayaman DEFINITELY has some growing up to do; and in his own way, he is just as, if not more, unfriendly than she is.

And yeah, listing 'popular' among her positive traits gives the impression that you want to suggest that being unpopular makes you a bad/unlikable person. That is something I definitely cannot agree with.

Being unpopular is not bad, and it doesn't make you a bad person. But being popular is good, and often times it reveals something about your personality. Most people agree that being popular is usually a sign of other good attributes, and that, to a certain degree, being popular is itself a good attribute. Given the nature of the show and the main character, I can see why there is a lot of hate on popularity among the fan-dom here, but I tend to take a more accepting view of things. I don't hate people who are popular, I don't begrudge them their popularity. I was never popular, and I'm not very gregarious, so I admire people who are. To a certain degree, I look up to them. Obviously there are some people who are popular who are not good people or are unlikable, but in my experience those are quite rare. Most popular people I've met are kind and friendly people if you give them the chance to show it. Quit interestingly, most loners I've met are usually very hard to get along with without a lot of effort and often times are not very kind of friendly. I still have friends who are loners, but they can be a hassle in ways that popular people usually aren't.

That aside, apart from her confidence, you only listed outward traits, instead of character traits which kinda makes you look like a superficial person (no offence intended). Ironically, you did not mention an important trait of Yumiko (most important from my point of view) - namely that she really watches out for her friends.

Yeah, I listed superficial traits because let's be honest, Yumiko is a pretty superficial girl. I don't hate people for being superficial, I actually am kind of fond of it. Just like some people are very introspective and have a lot of depth to them, some people are superficial and shallow and not very introspective at all. I don't hate people for being the way they are, I accept them and try to find the good things about them. And I would hate to say it, but being attractive physically is a good attribute. It does make a person more likeable a lot of times. Not just being naturally pretty, but actually taking good care of themselves, showing good grooming and fashion sense. Those are admirable qualities, especially in a female. I don't want to spend time with someone who doesn't even have the sense or courtesy to take care of their appearance.

Maybe it's just a facet of me getting older, but I'm much more tolerant now of superficial people than I was when I was young and more like Hayaman. As I grew, I realized that hating people for being superficial was no better than hating people for any quality or personality quirk.
Let's go bowling.
May 28, 2013 2:45 AM

Jan 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:

I see no indication that she is stupid. Young... sure. Conceited? Absolutely. But not stupid. No less intelligent than Yui. Perhaps a little less perceptive, but I remind you that she is very young. Besides, I didn't say that she was a great person, or that she was a genius. I said that she was intelligent, and likeable. To me, she is likeable. I repeat: I would have loved to date her when I was in high-school. She is just the right kind of bitch that can be really fun. Of course she has some growing up to do, but then again, Hayaman DEFINITELY has some growing up to do; and in his own way, he is just as, if not more, unfriendly than she is.

Another one of your favorite words: young. Please remember that every character in this series is 'young'. If you will, even Shizuka-Sensei has a childish side to her. However, 'young' is by no means a way of comparing a bunch of characters none of which are truly mature.
(And I doubt you're trying to throw around your weight by showing how grown-up you are)

I shall provide a more detailed explanatioin as to why I once considered Yumiko dumb and still refuse to believe her to be intelligent.
It's the tennis event in episode 3.

"Hey, you're playing tennis! Hey, mind if we play here too?"
"Miura-san, we're not playing."
"Huh? What? I couldn't hear you!"
"Totsuka got permission to use this place. So noone else can use it."
"Oh? Aren't you using it?"
"No. I'm just helping him practice. I'm like a subcontractor. Outsourcing, you know."
"Huh? That, like, made zero sense. It was, like, totally gross."

Shortly after, she butts in on Hayama's conversation with Hikki.

"Hey, Hayato. I wanna play tennis already"

And shortly after, butting in again on the boy's agreement to settle it with a match:

"Oh my god, sounds totally fun. Like, let's make it a mixed doubles match! Oh. My. God.
I'm like, a genius!"

Lastly, after proposing the mixed match herself, she's halfway attacking Yui for taking Hikki's side. Now tell me, genius girl. Who is it you'll be playing a mixed match against? -_-

Basically, what makes her look like a stupid bitch are her 2 catchphrases.

"That makes, like, zero sense" - pretty much admitting she's too stupid to understand. Yet by no means would she admit that. It's the question that's stupid or 'totally gross', not her being unable to comprehend it.

"I can't hear you!" whenever someone says things she doesn't like. Her hearing is perfectly fine.
After all, she could hear Yukino saying she's out of stamina from the other side of the court.

The only reason I don't consider her 'dumb as a brick' anymore is that instances of her acting stupid like in episode 3 did not reoccur. Instead, she showed how she's looking out for her friends, not letting people talk bad about them and her quick reaction to Hina's Fujoshi lines in order to keep her out of trouble.

Maybe Yumiko and Yui look stupid by contrast because Hachiman and Yukino are just so damn smart.
But still, what is your definition of 'intelligent' ? Non-primitive? Humanlike intelligence? Merely not being stupid? Or just as intelligent as an average person?

No offence intended.

StopDropAndBowl said:
Yeah, I listed superficial traits because let's be honest, Yumiko is a pretty superficial girl. I don't hate people for being superficial, I actually am kind of fond of it. Just like some people are very introspective and have a lot of depth to them, some people are superficial and shallow and not very introspective at all. I don't hate people for being the way they are, I accept them and try to find the good things about them. And I would hate to say it, but being attractive physically is a good attribute. It does make a person more likeable a lot of times. Not just being naturally pretty, but actually taking good care of themselves, showing good grooming and fashion sense. Those are admirable qualities, especially in a female. I don't want to spend time with someone who doesn't even have the sense or courtesy to take care of their appearance.

Maybe it's just a facet of me getting older, but I'm much more tolerant now of superficial people than I was when I was young and more like Hayaman. As I grew, I realized that hating people for being superficial was no better than hating people for any quality or personality quirk.

It's not like I hate good-looking people. It's just that I refuse to judge a book by it's cover. Looks are deceptive, therefore I must see past that in order to see the people for what they are. Whenever I notice that someone's good looks unconciously make me have a higher opinion of someone, I try to counter that.

Maybe it's just me being stubborn, but I refuse to spend time in order to adjust my appearance so that a maximum amount of people would accept me. Those who are shallow enough to dislike me due to my looks - I already consider them scum. And I wouldn't be able to get along with those people even if I did manage to 'deceive' them by adjusting my looks. I judge people by my own standards, not the ones that society tries to shove onto everyone.

Succumbing to society's principles and discarding your own values and opinions isn't GROWING up. It's GIVING up. Giving up your individuality.

Once again, no offence intended.
May 28, 2013 3:54 AM

Apr 2011
"Hey, you're playing tennis! Hey, mind if we play here too?"
"Miura-san, we're not playing."
"Huh? What? I couldn't hear you!"
"Totsuka got permission to use this place. So noone else can use it."
"Oh? Aren't you using it?"
"No. I'm just helping him practice. I'm like a subcontractor. Outsourcing, you know."

Shortly after, she butts in on Hayama's conversation with Hikki.

"Hey, Hayato. I wanna play tennis already"

And shortly after, butting in again on the boy's agreement to settle it with a match:

"Oh my god, sounds totally fun. Like, let's make it a mixed doubles match! Oh. My. God.
I'm like, a genius!"

Lastly, after proposing the mixed match herself, she's halfway attacking Yui for taking Hikki's side. Now tell me, genius girl. Who is it you'll be playing a mixed match against? -_-

Basically, what makes her look like a stupid bitch are her 2 catchphrases.

To be honest I don't see how it makes her look stupid (especialy as Hikki did make zero sense and were gross), only very, very selfcentered, which we knew already.
Tenzen12May 28, 2013 3:58 AM
May 28, 2013 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
Tenzen12 said:

To be honest I don't see how it makes her look stupid (especialy as Hikki did make zero sense and were gross), only very, very selfcentered, which we knew already.

I'll try to keep my explanation simple. Outsourcing means hiring a different organization/firm/enterprise to have a specific job done which you would normally have to do yourself.
In this case, Saika (organization S) needed to get a job done (namely improving his tennis skills). In order to do that, he hired Hachiman (subcontractor, organization H) to accomplish that goal. So organization S outsourced the job of improving his skills to organization H. That's outsourcing (A term that every high schooler should at least have heard).

So oursourcing makes perfect sense. And just where on god's green earth do you see anything gross in his statement??

That's precisely why I hate stupid people. If you say something that is beyond their comprehension, they just play it off by calling it 'gross' or saying 'makes zero sense'. Get better marks than them and they will call you names and bully you. Envy is a terrible trait.

Not knowing what outsourcing is might be just a gap in knowledge. But when she saw Saika and Hachiman playing Tennis and heard that Saika got permission to use the place, she only had to add two and two together to figure out that Hachiman is helping him. No, scrap that. Hachiman actually spelled out that he's helping Saika at the beginning of the sentence. How can an intelligent human being not understand that much?

And as I alredy mentioned, after proposing a mixed tennis match, she tries to prevent Yui from joining Hachiman's team. So how does she intend to have a mixed match if there is no female on Hachiman's team? -_-
May 28, 2013 6:13 AM

Apr 2011
Point is it's just stupid semantics, and there is no reason to go along with his wannabe smartass comments (that is how I interpreted their exchange myself at least). There is no proof she didn't know meaning of word or sentence itself nor that she cared a bit.
May 28, 2013 7:38 AM
Nov 2010
Tenzen12 said:
Point is it's just stupid semantics, and there is no reason to go along with his wannabe smartass comments (that is how I interpreted their exchange myself at least). There is no proof she didn't know meaning of word or sentence itself nor that she cared a bit.

another point is that comments isn't wannabe smartass comments...
it just that yumiko don't understand what hachiman said and replied :

and her reply is proof of what you say "she didn't know meaning of word or sentence"
and another proof is that she reply hachiman, if she doesn't care of it she wouldn't replying (why would a person reply if s/he doesn't care of it, waste of effort for replying, that's what my thought)

as Naoki-Saten say :

Naoki-Saten said:
Not knowing what outsourcing is might be just a gap in knowledge. But when she saw Saika and Hachiman playing Tennis and heard that Saika got permission to use the place, she only had to add two and two together to figure out that Hachiman is helping him. No, scrap that. Hachiman actually spelled out that he's helping Saika at the beginning of the sentence. How can an intelligent human being not understand that much?

it just makes yumiko look dumber if she reply with "zero sense" or "gross"
even if she doesn't understand whole sentence she at least can understand what helping is...
not just ignore it and forcing other people that she want to play tennis
May 28, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2011
Miura has very good marks, she might not be so good as Hayato or Hikky, but there is no reason doubt about her vocabury at least.

If you can't accept that, let's just agree to disagree and move on.
Tenzen12May 28, 2013 8:57 AM
May 28, 2013 12:49 PM

Mar 2012
Naoki-Saten said:

Another one of your favorite words: young. Please remember that every character in this series is 'young'. If you will, even Shizuka-Sensei has a childish side to her. However, 'young' is by no means a way of comparing a bunch of characters none of which are truly mature.

You seem to be very concerned with my choosing one character over another... And yes, young is a perfectly fine way of explaining why her bitchiness and self-centerdness and why Hayama's wishy-washiness are forgivable traits. TBH, if Hachiman and Yukino were not young themselves, they would be ridiculously annoying characters. I would spend almost all of my time thinking: "Jesus Christ, grow up already, you whiny losers!" But because they are young and in high-school, I spend my time thinking: "Haha! I was a lot like that! Ah... good times."

I shall provide a more detailed explanatioin as to why I once considered Yumiko dumb and still refuse to believe her to be intelligent.

I'm not gonna quote the whole thing for the sake of saving space, but I will say that none of that proves she's stupid. It proves that she is a bitch. She calls him gross because she's a bitch. She says it makes no sense because in a way, it doesn't. She obviously wasn't talking about the WORD outsourcing, she was talking about his use of it: he says only what-his-face can use the court. She says: well aren't you using it? He says: no, I'm just helping him practice. Hence, he is using it. She's being a bitch, not being stupid. And besides, I'm pretty sure a lot of her "stupid" is just an act she puts on.

Maybe Yumiko and Yui look stupid by contrast because Hachiman and Yukino are just so damn smart.

I don't see either of them as being super intelligent in any way. They are perceptive, and Yukino is well-spoken; but they seem to be smart, but not genius'. In fact, in some ways, they are pretty stupid.

But still, what is your definition of 'intelligent' ? Non-primitive? Humanlike intelligence? Merely not being stupid? Or just as intelligent as an average person?

The ability to perceive and communicate one's perceptions in an accurate, sensible manner. Grading intelligence is harder. The most intelligent person would probably be Yukino, but not by a long shot. Then I would put Hachiman, but again, not by some great degree. They are marginally more intelligent than the other kids from what I've seen. And since I believe that not social aptitude is it's own kind of intelligence, I would say that Hayaman especially is intelligent.

Maybe it's just me being stubborn, but I refuse to spend time in order to adjust my appearance so that a maximum amount of people would accept me. Those who are shallow enough to dislike me due to my looks - I already consider them scum.

That's fine, but you're making your life harder than it has to be. People will judge other people by the amount they take care of themselves, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't even have the common sense to take care of yourself, why should I trust that you will take care of me if the need arises?

Succumbing to society's principles and discarding your own values and opinions isn't GROWING up. It's GIVING up. Giving up your individuality.

I used to think so, but I disagree now. The biggest part of growing up is letting go of your pride in favor of getting things done in the most efficient way possible. Also, open-mindedness requires maturity, and open-mindedness allows one to see WHY society has said principles. WHY the majority of people feel one way and thus build their society around it.
Let's go bowling.
May 28, 2013 10:38 PM

Apr 2011
You seem to be very concerned with my choosing one character over another... And yes, young is a perfectly fine way of explaining why her bitchiness and self-centerdness and why Hayama's wishy-washiness are forgivable traits. TBH, if Hachiman and Yukino were not young themselves, they would be ridiculously annoying characters. I would spend almost all of my time thinking: "Jesus Christ, grow up already, you whiny losers!" But because they are young and in high-school, I spend my time thinking: "Haha! I was a lot like that! Ah... good times."

Or you can put it in other way around and say kids shouldn't whiny cause they don't know thing about real world yet and only adult understood how difficult it is. Is that argumen wrong? Yes, into certain degree, at least as much as yours is. And btw one of my favourite characters is House M.D person you called "ridiculously annoying" (even though it's true, he is popular regardless)

I'm not gonna quote the whole thing for the sake of saving space, but I will say that none of that proves she's stupid. It proves that she is a bitch. She calls him gross because she's a bitch. She says it makes no sense because in a way, it doesn't. She obviously wasn't talking about the WORD outsourcing, she was talking about his use of it: he says only what-his-face can use the court. She says: well aren't you using it? He says: no, I'm just helping him practice. Hence, he is using it. She's being a bitch, not being stupid. And besides, I'm pretty sure a lot of her "stupid" is just an act she puts on.

Agree with this, though from some reason it's incredible gross me say so.

I don't see either of them as being super intelligent in any way. They are perceptive, and Yukino is well-spoken; but they seem to be smart, but not genius'. In fact, in some ways, they are pretty stupid.
You seems to mistaken stupidity with social awkwardness. I don't know about if we can speak about true geniality, but at least in Hikki case it's very close to it.

The ability to perceive and communicate one's perceptions in an accurate, sensible manner. Grading intelligence is harder. The most intelligent person would probably be Yukino, but not by a long shot. Then I would put Hachiman, but again, not by some great degree. They are marginally more intelligent than the other kids from what I've seen. And since I believe that not social aptitude is it's own kind of intelligence, I would say that Hayaman especially is intelligent.

Yukino excel in academics, but it's Hachimani who is capable solving all afairs. On top of it he is one to usualy wins their verbal battle (aspect that is underplayed in anime). I belive it's save asume he is smarter one of two. And yes Hayato is considerably smart as well though not on YY and HH level.

That's fine, but you're making your life harder than it has to be. People will judge other people by the amount they take care of themselves, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't even have the common sense to take care of yourself, why should I trust that you will take care of me if the need arises?

Same as point too.

I used to think so, but I disagree now. The biggest part of growing up is letting go of your pride in favor of getting things done in the most efficient way possible. Also, open-mindedness requires maturity, and open-mindedness allows one to see WHY society has said principles. WHY the majority of people feel one way and thus build their society around it.

That's mostly true, but doing things in most efficient way isn't always same as most correct one nor that society is always correct in first place. Real maturity is be able decide on things which can't be sacrifaiced on altair of society as well as on stuff that need be. As shizuka said, you don't have to like it, but you need be able bear with it. You shouldn't mistaken these two things.

Tenzen12May 29, 2013 3:19 AM
May 29, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2012
Hikigaya Hachiman, obviously. He's relate-able a lot and he is pretty funny as well.

My least? The blonde. Yumiko is her name I think. what a bitch ><
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
May 29, 2013 5:16 AM

Jan 2013
StopDropAndBowl said:

Firstly, how much I take care of myself is up to me to decide, not some random people I might not even know and couldn't care less about.
Secondly, if I am to 'take care' of someone else, I will only do so if I feel the person is worth the trouble. It'll take some time to find that out, so the other party can use that time to find out whether or not they would get along with me and whether or not do they want me to take care of him, instead of judging me by my looks.

It's different if I have to 'take care' of someone as part of my job. If maintaining an appealing exterior is part of my job, I shall do so. I'll be getting paid for that, after all, it's part of the contract.

StopDropAndBowl said:

Pride? It's not a matter of pride and I don't usually cause myself trouble just to preserve my pride. But what I definitely won't give up on being myself just for convenience's sake. I consider myself pretty open-minded already, since I don't judge a book by it's cover and I don't blindly follow rules and values. I question and evaluate them. It might be true that I don't spend too much time on thinking about why society has certain values - I consider most of them either relics of the past or results of group psychology.

It's not like I'll be going to the barricades to battle society or anything that would cause me unneccessary trouble. But I will not bend myself and yield my individuality just because someone else wills it.
May 31, 2013 5:57 PM

May 2008
Favorite character: Hikigaya Hachiman/Komachi,Shizuka-sensei,Yukinon and some time i like Yui

Character I don't like: Nope...
May 31, 2013 7:21 PM

Feb 2009
Damn, i hate that dead fish eye guy, damn his thinkings, there is no light in them at all (and gay!!!).
jofori89May 31, 2013 7:27 PM
Dù cho biển cạn núi mòn,
Server còn chạy, ta còn chơi game.
May 31, 2013 10:43 PM
Oct 2011
StopDropAndBowl said:

To me, it seems that Hayama isn't all that good for some reason. I'm doubtful of him. I can't tell why. He just seems to be someone who plots (not necessarily bad) things.
Jun 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Apr 2011
the 3 main characters, they are all awesome equally.
Jun 1, 2013 3:14 PM

Jan 2012
Hikigaya Hachiman.... he is really awesome T_T
Jun 5, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2010
I demand Ebina Hina to be there!
Jun 5, 2013 11:50 PM
Aug 2012
My favorite character is definitely Hachiman because he's easy to relate to and he isn't some pathetic idiot like (almost) every other romcom protagonist. My least favorite character is Tobe Kakeru, people with similar personalities to him in real life irritate me a lot. Oh, and as stated before Yumiko is a bitch.
Jun 7, 2013 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
Did not have much of an impression of Hachiman at first - however after episode 5 and episode 9 where we realise he is not dense but in fact is extremely aware of what is going on - and makes decisions on the spot, he's definitely my favourite character in the series.
Jun 7, 2013 2:27 PM

May 2011
My favorite is Hikigaya Hachiman
I can't stand Yumiko.

Jun 7, 2013 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
Hachiman
Yui
Saika
Jun 7, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2011
Shizuka
Saki
Yukino
Hayato (despite being worse character than Hikki)
Hachiman (Despite being best character here)
Yumiko
Yui/Ebina/Komachi/Haruno
Anonyme girls that rejected Hikki before.
Sagami
Saika
Aug 26, 2014 9:34 PM

Aug 2014
myd10oz said:
Yukinon or Hachiman but I voted Yukinon.Because her personality is good to me :)

same for me too she perfedt imo
Aug 27, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2014
I JUST CAN PICK ONE... AHHHHH (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sep 12, 2014 2:38 PM
Sep 2013
A male-oriented romance non-action/sport series where the male character seems to have vastly more fans than the females, interesting. The reasons behind this may not be something I'll agree with but its worth a look into at the least. I just hope to god its not the same reason as Sword Arts Online, that shameless piece of shit.
Sep 12, 2014 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
Is this even a question? Hachiman ftw.
Sep 13, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2013
Hachiman of course.
Nov 10, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
Favorite: Hachima, Yukino

Worst: The trap guy (not even close to Hideyoshi Kinoshita (BTT) in term of cuteness), Zaimokuza so annoying
Jan 14, 2015 7:28 PM

May 2012
I like both hikigaya and yukinoshita. They're both unique in a particular way...
"Knowing more means having more shit to deal with, you know"
- Hikigaya Hachiman

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.