MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Anime VCD
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Casual Discussion »» Anime VCD

05-25-13, 10:43 AM

If anyone knows anything about them let me know.

I found some vcd's today
they are
1.fushigi yuugi
2.street fighter

They aren't dubbed and have 2 episodes each with some Japanese ads on them.

each speaker produces a different language, Chinese, and Japanese.

VCD's don't have a menu screen and don't work on any of my dvd players just a laptop.

they are from 1995.

Videos below
Modified by Coolspot, 05-25-13, 11:12 AM

05-25-13, 12:07 PM

God the VCD era was terrible, they'd scratch so easily and one scratch would ruin them completely, they'd end up skipping whole scenes haha I ended up covering my VCDs with this plastic coating which seemed to prolong their life a bit.

05-25-13, 12:10 PM

apatch3 said:
God the VCD era was terrible, they'd scratch so easily and one scratch would ruin them completely, they'd end up skipping whole scenes haha I ended up covering my VCDs with this plastic coating which seemed to prolong their life a bit.

Worst with pirated VCDs.。。
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」

05-25-13, 12:40 PM

Chinese bootlegs most likely, with dual-audio technology imported from primarily karaoke products. 1 channel would be the audio with the vocals, and 1 channel without vocals. In this case it is used to switch between languages, but the downside is the soundtrack becomes mono, and you would have to set your playback as mono to duplicate whichever input you choose, otherwise it would get really annoying listening to all the sounds from only the left speaker.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

05-25-13, 6:19 PM

katsucats said:
Chinese bootlegs most likely, with dual-audio technology imported from primarily karaoke products. 1 channel would be the audio with the vocals, and 1 channel without vocals. In this case it is used to switch between languages, but the downside is the soundtrack becomes mono, and you would have to set your playback as mono to duplicate whichever input you choose, otherwise it would get really annoying listening to all the sounds from only the left speaker.

they seemed official, they even had manuals something about playstation and saga Saturn, they had a label, and a company on them.

05-25-13, 7:23 PM

I remember my brother showing me an anime with one of those when I was a kid. That's pretty much all I know about them.
krazyboy said:

FUCK ALL ANIME, SPONGEBOB OVER ALL

RRRRRRRRRR

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices