Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 28, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
The questionsround has arrived. Backers got time until saturday to ask questions to Yasuhiro Yoshiura and will be credited for them. The project is already at 76,000 USD. Maybe we can push Studio Rikka to fund a sequel next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/693293489/time-of-eve-the-movie-on-blu-ray/posts/493008
Jun 9, 2013 5:02 PM
Aug 2007
New stretch goal announced!

Project Update #8: Yoshiura interview! + New stretch goal!!! (at last!!!) + New pledge tiers!!!
Yoshiura Interview!!!

Here it is! We've edited together and subtitled a few of Yoshiura's answers to your fantastic questions. You can look forward to more of his responses in the Blu-ray special features!!!

And, finally we have some good news to share with you. As we've mentioned before, our main focus right now is to clear the rights for Time of EVE elements that are shared with other entities. People are busy, big organizations have layers of management to navigate, and, to be honest, Time of EVE has been out of the spotlight in Japan, and other projects have more urgency behind them. But, YOU, our Kickstarter backers -- who performed a collective miracle by putting us over $110,000 (just a few minutes ago!) -- have unleashed a watershed of good will toward Time of EVE!!!

act0.5: SAME short story!

The first wonderful news is that Asmik Ace, distributor of the movie in Japan, has graciously allowed us to include the bonus video features and booklet from the Japanese Blu-ray release. We STILL need to clear a few more ancillary rights for the bonus video footage, but this is a HUGE step forward.
And, here is something that is pretty exciting: The bonus booklet in the Japan release includes a short story called "act0.5: SAME" that Yoshiura wrote right after finishing the movie. We will be translating the story into English, and it will be included in the 40-page art book that accompanies the Blu-ray. This was a long-held dream of ours, and we are so grateful to all of our backers for creating the good vibes to make this happen. Thank you all!!!

Official Fan Book!!!

We want to share this news first with you, the most incredibly patient backers in the history of Kickstarter. (We'll send a public update shortly).
Kotobukiya, the publisher of the Official Time of EVE Fan Book, has graciously allowed us to publish the book in English. For them, the biggest issue was that their team is maxed out on other projects, and they didn't have the bandwidth to handle licensing of the book. Their initial response was "no," but we didn't want to take that answer back to you, our supporters. We went back again, and communicated your passion, and they bent over backwards to make the licensing possible. You move mountains!!!
In Japan, the fan book is soft cover/159 pages. We are still working on the format, size, etc. for the English edition. The book is in depth and authoritative. Here are the main parts:

• Characters (1 to 2 pages on each and every character that appears in the 6 episodes and movie, with comments by Yoshiura)
  • Story (5 to 6 pages on each episode, with storyboard highlights, with comments by Yoshiura)
  • Background art
  • Yoshiura's works (1 to 2 pages on his previous creations)
  • Interviews with Yoshiura, producer Tom Nagae, and the main voice actors
  • Behind the scenes (2 pages on creating the 2D/3D animation)
  • Five essays by experts in robotics, SF aesthetics, visuals, and Asimov
  • Short story about Sammy by Hiromi Asano

New Stretch Goal!!!

We just ran the numbers on our costs for producing the Blu-ray and fulfilling the rewards, and we have allocated the full $110,000 that you have so generously pledged so far. So, a few new announcements:

• We will also be including subtitles in Russian, Portuguese, and Chinese (including the special features). Also, we have received incredibly generous offers for fansubs in various languages, and will be adding to the list of languages in the next few days.
  • We will also include subtitles in Japanese for the movie, for fans who want to get closer to the original dialogue
  • Character designer Ryusuke Chayama will be doing a brand-new illustration for the cover of the Blu-ray.
  • Package design by Tsuyoshi Kusano, who has handled the design for all of the Time of EVE releases to date
  • We have allocated additional budget for the English dub, to make sure the studio (to be announced soon -- really!!) has the resources to do a stellar production.

We know that a lot of these additional costs don't create new value for everyone, especially subtitles. But, it is one of our long-held dreams to share this story across many languages, and we hope you'll accept this use of your pledges.
So, onto the new stretch goal for the Time of EVE Official Fan Book in English!!! The main costs are translation, layout/design, and printing costs. We have priced the total cost at around $16,000. So, we have set our sights on $126,000 for our next stretch goal! If we achieve the goal, we will create a new tier (between $55 and $100) that includes the fan book!

New tiers!!! -- Yoshiura's original sketches

Yoshiura rummaged through his closet and uncovered several original sketches that he did for the development of Time of EVE. He is offering the drawings to the Kickstarter campaign, to get us closer to realizing the fan book in English. These are the ONLY original sketches by Yoshiura that exist for Time of EVE. This is it. After much deliberation, we've decided to offer them at $500 each for the character designs, and $500 for 2 sketches of the cafe interior (11 slots in total). We're attaching photos that Yoshiura took today of the drawings, and we will put the new tiers live on Tuesday 6/11 6PM Pacific Time.
Whew! That was a long update! Thanks for sticking with us to the end ; )
We love you all!!!!

[url=http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/508777/posts/505055/image-271371-full.jpg?1370810807]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/508777/posts/505055/image-271371-full.jpg?1370810807

[url=http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/508777/posts/505055/image-271372-full.jpg?1370810810]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/projects/508777/posts/505055/image-271372-full.jpg?1370810810
TranscendentOneJun 9, 2013 5:08 PM
Jun 10, 2013 2:30 AM

Feb 2007
And it looks like I had enough money left after paying my bills this month to still get my name on this as well. Definitely money well spent. ^_^
Jun 10, 2013 3:53 AM

Jan 2013
The Fan Book is definitly a musst-have. Just 13.000 more...!
Jun 11, 2013 1:41 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
Frontalbrise said:

They haven't announced the pledge level to get it, though. Not sure if I want to increase...
Jun 11, 2013 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
nx6 said:
Frontalbrise said:

They haven't announced the pledge level to get it, though. Not sure if I want to increase...
Well, they said its in any case in 100$ included, and also they want to open a slot between 55$ and 100$. So I guess its around 70$ - but I still hope, that they include it in 55, too
Jun 11, 2013 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
Regardless, I want dat fanbook!!!!!

Already pledged, but I'm willing to change my tier.

Now if only there is a Arata Naru Sekai international project going on... I need to read that novel and manga badly.
Jun 11, 2013 8:44 AM

Oct 2007
k1y0 said:
Regardless, I want dat fanbook!!!!!

Already pledged, but I'm willing to change my tier.

Now if only there is a Arata Naru Sekai international project going on... I need to read that novel and manga badly.
Felt your pain, someone need to get Arata Naru Sekai on KS.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 12, 2013 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
We almost got the Fanbook! Not even 1,000 Dollar left.
If you havent pledged yet, this would be a good time!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/693293489/time-of-eve-the-movie-on-blu-ray
Jun 12, 2013 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
I'm not sure if I approve of kickstarter for BD releases. Was this not a successful series? Did it not make money or something? If it did why should you crowd fund the BD.

*EDIT*

Ah it's for a dub, no wonder it's only 50k, meh.
Jun 12, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
ReasonDesu said:
I'm not sure if I approve of kickstarter for BD releases. Was this not a successful series? Did it not make money or something? If it did why should you crowd fund the BD.

*EDIT*

Ah it's for a dub, no wonder it's only 50k, meh.
Its not abotu producing an anime. 18,000 USD wouldnt enough. Production I.G. needed 200,000 USD for a 12 minute anime movie.

The point of the kickstarter is a international BD. If you want the DVD from japan you got to pay 66 USD plus shipping. And this BD got additional content. Dub, a subs in dozen languages, an 40-page fully colored artbook, exclusive interviews, 8 postcards, a digital art pack and soon a 140 pages fanbook.

Plus you support this great creators directly.
Jun 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
I'm still on the fence. I want the BD, but $65 is over double what I've ever paid for a movie. (Yes, I know it comes with other things, but the movie is what I would actually be paying for.) I wish they had a cheaper, barebones option.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 22, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2013
Last seven hours! This is the time for last-minute backers.
Jun 22, 2013 1:42 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
Frontalbrise said:
Last seven hours! This is the time for last-minute backers.

I'm debating upping myself from the $55 tier to the $80 one.
Jun 22, 2013 4:43 AM

Oct 2007
I joined 145$ party and I will start drinking coffee LOL.

Jun 22, 2013 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
10 minutes left! They added the soundtrack for everyone, starting at the bd-pledge level.
http://vimeo.com/68905388

And their video is nice
Oct 14, 2013 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
Guess im too late to back this project up :/ Btw what about those questions did someone asked about second seasson?
Oct 14, 2013 2:07 PM

Oct 2007
IIRC, he said second season is possible and he want to make more but it is not what he is doing right now. So you are not going to see second season anytime soon.

Oct 14, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Good luck, EnJ!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
5 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
6 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.