Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 24, 2013 5:18 AM

May 2013
So Kaname will become a single father (lol) ???? Damn it , it's not that funny it's almost sad (T T) but i am sure Aidou will be more than glad to give a helping hand to his Kaname senpai . so it's Kanai (KanamexAidou) end lol .
Who even predicted that ???

Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=603861&show=20#5Tz0lxPdRPWvqEQy.99

-----------------------------------------

This is exactly what I'm thinking right now! Dang! how come the ending is like that?????? I want to cry right now, I'm not satisfied.
May 24, 2013 5:41 AM
Jan 2013
After reading it I felt it was too rushed (the impact of the end wasn't memorable at all) but I don't get Zeki fans bashing the ending since it was ZeroxYuuki end .
Kaname was unfortunately the only one with a tragic ending . Talk about suddenly becoming a memory-less single father (lol) the only thing good that can happen to him now is that he can die . I don't get people being so rude to Kaname and going on about how he may hit on his daughter , he will never do that if he knows that she is his child . He loved only Yuuki and not everyone or anyone who looked or acted like her .
If only Hino sensei didn't create all the senseless plots , the ending would have been received favorbly because it did make sense despite it being rushed . It isnt as bad as people have described it to be in their posts .
Yuuki's children , the boy looks like Zero and the daughter looks like Yuuki and no one inherited the good looks of Kaname ??? That's so mean . Zero's son looks more like Kaien Cross than Zero lol .
It was a decent manga but not good enough to have it in our top favorites .
May 24, 2013 5:58 AM
May 2013
Where to even start with this..

Vampire Knight was by far one of the best animes/manga that i experienced, at first.....
Nearing the end, Hino-sensei left a lot of loose ends and by reading all these forum posts it is clear that not many people enjoyed this ending, but honestly it's better than i expected it to be...
I really thought that she would wind up with Kaname and Zero would be sad, and as I am a HUGE supporter of Zeki, I wasn't completely unsatisfied with how it ended, however he ended up as a substitute for kaname, and even though he got to be happy, i think Hino-sensei should have spent more time on the ending, and let them have more time together, to show that she truly loved zero.
Although Zero did die eventually, Yuuki was with him and had a son with him (and a daughter with Kaname?) and I think that the manga was starting to go downhill and that the ending lifted my spirits a bit, but i was also disappointed.
If Hino-Sensei was able to write a manga similar to this one, that pulled at the heart strings like VK originally did but just fix a few, no... a LOT of errors along the way, I would definitely consider giving her a second chance.
long live Zeki <3
May 24, 2013 6:04 AM

Mar 2013
00kiryu00 said:
WOAH WAIT I AM SOO CONFUSED WITH THE CHILDREN PART.

So two kids right. The one with light hair is Zero's and Yuki's and its a boy and the dark haired one is Yuki's and Kaname's and its a girl. I thought that both kids were Zero and Yuki's..? Or did Yuki beared a child before having the light haired(AND WOW THAT GUY LOOKS LIKE A GIRL. I THOUGHT IT WAS TWO GIRLS BUT WHEN I CAME TO THIS FORUM ITS A GUY WOW.) So basically she freaking had sex with both of them and each both had a child with Zero and Kaname.? I thought that both children was Zero's and Yuki's children cause at the second to last page of the chapter the dark haired girl said to kaname "this is a message to my mother to my other father" the word OTHER . That means that her dad was Zero and shes just saying that kaname would be her other father since Zero is dead..

OMG IM SO CONFUSED. I WAS SHOCKED THAT ZEKI HAPPENED. ITS ALL TOO RUSHED AND AT LEAST ZERO IS HAPPY BUT UGH I DONT THINK EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY AT ALL. EVERYTHING SEEMED SO DULL AND KANAME, I hope you have fun on your third life and this time no more burdens and sorrows <3

I felt sad that Zero died :''''''''''( I cant accept the fact he died even though i know hes gunna die sooner but I cant let it go anasdbjksdb. Hino Im disappointed in the ending because I told you TO NOT MAKE A ZEKI ENDING. ggwp. oh well Zero was happy until the day he died and yuki said she recieved alot happiness from Zero. So im happy.

Omg I am confused about the kids as well. It was the same with me, I though they both were Zero and Yuki's children and both girls; then I came here and it's a boy and a girl and the girl is Kaname's child?! I seriously don't understand this.

And yeah! I totally agree, it was a rushed ending, Hino-san could have written more 2 or 3 chapters for this ending and have explained it better!
May 24, 2013 6:10 AM
May 2013
bloodandcandies said:
00kiryu00 said:

So two kids right. The one with light hair is Zero's and Yuki's and its a boy and the dark haired one is Yuki's and Kaname's and its a girl. I thought that both kids were Zero and Yuki's..? Or did Yuki beared a child before having the light haired(AND WOW THAT GUY LOOKS LIKE A GIRL. I THOUGHT IT WAS TWO GIRLS BUT WHEN I CAME TO THIS FORUM ITS A GUY WOW.) So basically she freaking had sex with both of them and each both had a child with Zero and Kaname.? I thought that both children was Zero's and Yuki's children cause at the second to last page of the chapter the dark haired girl said to kaname "this is a message to my mother to my other father" the word OTHER . That means that her dad was Zero and shes just saying that kaname would be her other father since Zero is dead..

OMG IM SO CONFUSED. I WAS SHOCKED THAT ZEKI HAPPENED. ITS ALL TOO RUSHED AND AT LEAST ZERO IS HAPPY BUT UGH I DONT THINK EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY AT ALL. EVERYTHING SEEMED SO DULL AND KANAME, I hope you have fun on your third life and this time no more burdens and sorrows <3

I felt sad that Zero died :''''''''''( I cant accept the fact he died even though i know hes gunna die sooner but I cant let it go anasdbjksdb. Hino Im disappointed in the ending because I told you TO NOT MAKE A ZEKI ENDING. ggwp. oh well Zero was happy until the day he died and yuki said she recieved alot happiness from Zero. So im happy.

Omg I am confused about the kids as well. It was the same with me, I though they both were Zero and Yuki's children and both girls; then I came here and it's a boy and a girl and the girl is Kaname's child?! I seriously don't understand this.

And yeah! I totally agree, it was a rushed ending, Hino-san could have written more 2 or 3 chapters for this ending and have explained it better!

I agree, but after doing more research it is most likely that BOTH are zero and yuuki's kids (yay Zeki <3 )
It was a very rushed ending! she could have used a whole other VOLUME to explain all the loose ends and such!
May 24, 2013 6:18 AM

Mar 2013
LollyKills said:
bloodandcandies said:
00kiryu00 said:

I agree, but after doing more research it is most likely that BOTH are zero and yuuki's kids (yay Zeki <3 )
It was a very rushed ending! she could have used a whole other VOLUME to explain all the loose ends and such!

I was reading about that too!
There are still people who say the is Kaname's but... I still don't know what to think... Though I like both pairings (Yuuki and Kaname/ Yuuki and Zero) on this ending I prefer to believe that those are both Yuuki and Zero's children! It's So much better!
Idk but I hope Hino-san makes some extras at least to explain all this!
May 24, 2013 6:25 AM
Jun 2009
Oh well I guess this is the end. It was bittersweet and disappointing. But I never expected a "happy" ending.

As for those of you confused about the children in the Japanese version the girl called Kaname "my other father" which implies that Kaname is her father. Essentially it means that Zero was the father who raised her, but Kaname is her biological father. There would be no other reason for her to say this.
May 24, 2013 6:36 AM

Mar 2010
First of all, I was a huge Yume fan (what later slightly died down because of crappy plot) and I turned into not caring along the way. Though, I was hoping that there wouldn't be a Zeki ending because it would make VERY little sense given the few last chapters. But... I didn't care about this Zeki ending. Honestly, I would be surprised if Zeki shippes genuinely liked it. Why? Because the only thing I saw in this ending was Yuuki taking Kaname's replacement because he told her to. Even when they were together, she was thinking of Kaname. It's clear by those few pages that she kept constantly thinking of Kaname (clearly had several ideas how to resurrect him, even going as far as to send him message and possibly making her children take care of him). Which I find somewhat of a cheat. It's as if the mangaka was too scared to give us a definite ending to the pairing wars and instead tried to brush them off as "and everyone was happy the end". Really? This is what we get for following this for so long? Both Zeki and Yume yet none completely? O_o WTF?

I can't even call this a bad ending or a bad chapter. This chapter was so EXTREMELY mediocre. It wasn't even bad it was just... so... ugh... LAME. I can't express it properly. It lacked in EVERYTHING and it was extremely cheesy and gave me "now leave me alone" vibes. It was SO underwhelming and cruel to all fans. Not to mention all the stuff that make it completely nonsensical and all the stuff that after FEW minutes of thinking turn into a HORRIBLE idea. What is Kaname supposed to do now? What if he regains his memories and realises that everyone is dead. Will he commit suicide again? What about those two kids. Was Yuuki really so obsessed with Kaname that she made them watch her dying? Because that's what it looked like to me. How the hell could Zero be happy with someone so obsessed with someone else that she lets her children watch her dying so that the other person could live? How could he be happy with someone who does everything she can to resurrect his love rival? How could he be happy with someone who most likely sees him as a replacement? Really Hino? Do you truly believe we're THAT stupid? I never liked Zero but even to ME this feels like a punch in the face for what she did to him. He deserved better. He deserved someone who would like him for him not because someone told her to.

And don't get me started about those children. Did they really live thinking of Kaname as their "other" father? It feels so wrong not just for Zero but also for them. I really can't imagine what their life was like thinking that their mother lived with their father because her number 1 told her to while dying. And it as hell looks like they know. They could learn about it in one conversation. "And that was Kaname, your other father." "But mommy why did you get together with daddy, then?" "Well... you see..." They HAD TO learn about it. O_o WHAT THE HELL HINO? o_O I'm really rendered speechless. Seriously, my habit of THINKING abut what I read is driving me crazy at this point. I have to stop. I... I... I guess I'll go drink something, some alcohol to make me forget. Some VERY hard alcohol.
May 24, 2013 6:48 AM
May 2013
As a side note, anybody knows for sure what Hino implies when she has Kaname say:

"This time, I will protect you till the end." ?

This time?
May 24, 2013 7:03 AM
Feb 2013
Debates about the children thing...Reader discretion required! XD

That's all with the children thing, here's come the rest of my thoughts after I read the full translation of this chapter………(It's LONG, please bear with me *puppy eyes*)

What I LOVE about the ending:

1) Yuuki's speeches:
- Yuuki: "If only I wasn't born…If I never existed.. The you "today" would definitely be a lot more different"
- Yuuki: "But Kaname…I couldn't do anything"
What I feel: Hell, couldn't it be more obvious? Did she just realize that? *gasp* It's alright girl, it's better to realize late than not at all. Ohly s*** I never though this day would come when I want to bless your speeches and giving you a medal for getting smarter, Yuuki! But guess what? You just did! *loud applause*

2) Group hug! (Despite its OOC-ness)
What I feel: It was perfect! (Well if you cut the heroine out I mean) KaZe FTW! *been shot* To me it's kind of funny despite its irony of the situation because I was like O_O wha…what!? Did they just? 92 Chapters of bickering and trolling with who's going to get hook up with Yuuki and they just *snap the fingers* treaty of PEACE!? Seriously, I just don't know what to say.

3) Pairings alert!
What I feel: ShikixRima and KainxRuka!! Hooray!! *dance in absolute delight* Besdies, pairing like KaitoxYori and YagarixSeiren are cool to be shipped! XD

4) Zero FINALLY find his happiness!!! Zero's smile alone reminds me how I manage to put up with the craps in VK this far.
What I feel: Even though I can't put into words how much I despise Yuuki but I guess I just have to deal with it because she happens to be his only source of happiness. I'm glad he finally got to smile from his heart again and live happily ever after judging how much his life has been f***ed up. (His proclamation of love really makes me cry! For the love of God, he deserves WAY better than this! Why can't he find someone who will love him wholeheartedly? *sobbing uncontrollably* MY FEELS!!!)

However, there're things in this final chapter (alone) that are still nagging me: [excluding all the NUMEROUS plot-holes, supporting characters not getting enough screen time and blah blah blah]

1) Is co-existence really working?
Judging from "so both parties are once again struggling for supremacy and will co-exist for a long time" tbh, I don't feel any different from the beginning of this series. It's like they're going back to square one where there's still a cold war and conflicts going on between both sides. Even though the 'treatment' to change vampire into humans is complete, other questions are still arise. What if those existing vampires don't want to turn into human then what's going happen next? Will the hunters try to force them to take the 'treatment' or shoving drugs down their throats or what? Wouldn't that just continue the dispute between both sides? How is this accomplishment from the research leads to any dramatical change at all if the vampires refuse to take it? I just don't see it's getting them anywhere.
2) Will Yuuki actually decides to stay with Zero or even sacrifice herself IF Isaya doesn't disappear?
I mean I wouldn't be surprise if she will spend her life with human Kaname in case Isaya doesn't disappear and would-be-more-than-willing-and-honour to do the sacrifice.
3) Did Yuuki think of any consequences of her action? (Still the same thoughts before full chapter is out lol)
So Yuuki dies IN FRONT OF her kids and leaves them behind? Poor kids. I know parents don't live forever but Zero's son is so young and he's not immortal. Can't she wait a little longer just to see him grows up? I mean it's not like Kaname is going to run away. =[]=" What about Kaname? What if he has no memories? Did she expect Cross to adopt Kaname once he wakes up and hope they'll help each other out to look after her children or what? It's like creating more burdens to those people who are left behind. What will happen in the future if he regains part of his vampire self like she did? What's more, will Kaname be happy to wake up again just to realize sooner or later that his life has been exchanged with his loved one and that he'll be all alone once again? Although he may still got the kids and others, it would never be the same. The guilt and her death will eat him alive! The cycle of anguish will once again continue from where it was left off. At first, I'm kind of happy to see Kaname finally find peace he has been seeking for but when I start thinking about what will he have to deal with after he becomes human…well, I don't think he will find his so-called 'peace' to be like what he always dream of anymore but I guess symbolic of their love, the children, is all that he need?. The worst possibility is the incest thing. *flinch* I saw quite a few readers (from LJ, Tumlr and etc.) expecting some kind of 3rd arc of LT between Kaname, his daughter with Zero's son as his new love rival like those LT of Rido/Juri/Haruka and Kaname/Yuuki/Zero. Hell, just the thought alone already scared me to death. I swear Zero would be rolling in his grave if that really happens. Well, I better stop. *shudder*

IMO, (deep down inside) I kind of wish there'll be one more bonus chapter like an epilogue or something just so Hino-sensei can AT LEAST redeem herself (even if it's way too late) by filling in the void in her UNCOUNTABLE plot-holes. I don't mean all but at least SOME of it (like what are the children' names? Any major changes after the 'treatment'? We only see ShikixRima and KainxRuka, how about Ichijo and Seiren? Did they end up with anyone after they left Kaname? How about Aidou? AidouxTest tube? Who took the control of the vampires now? What happens after Kaname wakes up? Did he lose his memories? Did he move back to Kuran mansion with the children or get adopted by Cross, enrolled in Day Class and becomes a new prefect or what? Hell, I can list on forever!). On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if there won't be any epilogue or a bonus chapter (it's just that I think readers deserve more answers to their curiosities resulting from limitless plot-holes, that's all XD) and I'm glad this is the end (because who know what more plot-holes she can comes up with the bonus chapter). We don't need to keep worrying anymore about what Hino-sensei might tries to troll on us in her next chapter. Thank God, it has been 8 long and torturous years and now it's finally over. *tears of happiness*

In synopsis, I guess I'll consider VK to be one of those series which has an exceptional start, wonderful arts and intriguing plot during the first arc but then declining dramatically after that in term of everything, especially the heroine except the arts because the mangaka is so focusing on fan-service that she fails to use her well-established imagination to its full efficiency. Hino-sensei's art is no doubt flawless and beautiful but unfortunately her plot is too shoddy and need crucial development if she still wish to create more long-shot stories because the downfall of her plot and countless plot-holes and Yuuki have pretty much ruined the entire series quality even though she had an outstanding lead-off. All in all, it has been a long journey and what I've learned about this series is that it's kind of like an unpleasant dream to me, both contains good and mostly bad parts. So, I'll just keep, cherish and remember those good parts (like MY Zero-chan!) which persuades me to pick up this series in the first place and consider the rest of it as one of my bad dreams/memories and hope I'll be able to forget that they ever occur to me one day. Last but not least, it's a pleasure to be part of this fandom and discuss with you guys. I hope we'll be able to see each other around or PERHAPS in one of Hino-sensei's next long-shot series. *been stabbed repeatedly* (since when did I decide to become masochist? XD). Until next time, ciao~!

"The long and endless journey, you who existed for the sake of Zero's happiness, Kaname's peace and Yuuki's death, may your thirst for these desires be quenched." LOL
May 24, 2013 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
Honestly, I would find it stupid if the daughter was Zero's. She's the older one for a reason. Which is a clear nod to Kaname's & Yuki's one night stand. It could also be an awful way of confusing the readers and again, appeasing the entire fan base. But, we've clearly seen what a horrible job she's done.

I hope to never encounter such a series again.
May 24, 2013 7:16 AM
May 2013
Lalalandzz said:

Best summary comment in the whole thread, imo :)
May 24, 2013 7:23 AM

Nov 2009
Lalalandzz said:

"The long and endless journey, you who existed for the sake of Zero's happiness, Kaname's peace and Yuuki's death, may your thirst for these desires be quenched." LOL

I needed to quote this and say how much it made me laugh. Kudos to ya (and the entire comment, of course)!XDD
May 24, 2013 7:25 AM
Mar 2013
What happen to the cold badass zero ????? he ended up beeing used till the very end and he seemd so desperate ending up like a substitue for "THAT GIRL" D: total disapointmet...it took 9 years to do sunch a great manga....ruined in the last chapter...yeah great job
May 24, 2013 7:26 AM
Mar 2013
RealExtinction said:
Lalalandzz said:

I needed to quote this and say how much it made me laugh. Kudos to ya (and the entire comment, of course)!XDD
hahahah XD
May 24, 2013 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
Lalalandzz said:
I saw quite a few readers (from LJ, Tumlr and etc.) expecting some kind of 3rd arc of LT between Kaname, his daughter with Zero's son as his new love rival like those LT of Rido/Juri/Haruka and Kaname/Yuuki/Zero.

May 24, 2013 7:58 AM
Mar 2013
HikaruIzumi said:
First of all, I was a huge Yume fan (what later slightly died down because of crappy plot) and I turned into not caring along the way. Though, I was hoping that there wouldn't be a Zeki ending because it would make VERY little sense given the few last chapters. But... I didn't care about this Zeki ending. Honestly, I would be surprised if Zeki shippes genuinely liked it. Why? Because the only thing I saw in this ending was Yuuki taking Kaname's replacement because he told her to. Even when they were together, she was thinking of Kaname. It's clear by those few pages that she kept constantly thinking of Kaname (clearly had several ideas how to resurrect him, even going as far as to send him message and possibly making her children take care of him). Which I find somewhat of a cheat. It's as if the mangaka was too scared to give us a definite ending to the pairing wars and instead tried to brush them off as "and everyone was happy the end". Really? This is what we get for following this for so long? Both Zeki and Yume yet none completely? O_o WTF?

I can't even call this a bad ending or a bad chapter. This chapter was so EXTREMELY mediocre. It wasn't even bad it was just... so... ugh... LAME. I can't express it properly. It lacked in EVERYTHING and it was extremely cheesy and gave me "now leave me alone" vibes. It was SO underwhelming and cruel to all fans. Not to mention all the stuff that make it completely nonsensical and all the stuff that after FEW minutes of thinking turn into a HORRIBLE idea. What is Kaname supposed to do now? What if he regains his memories and realises that everyone is dead. Will he commit suicide again? What about those two kids. Was Yuuki really so obsessed with Kaname that she made them watch her dying? Because that's what it looked like to me. How the hell could Zero be happy with someone so obsessed with someone else that she lets her children watch her dying so that the other person could live? How could he be happy with someone who does everything she can to resurrect his love rival? How could he be happy with someone who most likely sees him as a replacement? Really Hino? Do you truly believe we're THAT stupid? I never liked Zero but even to ME this feels like a punch in the face for what she did to him. He deserved better. He deserved someone who would like him for him not because someone told her to.

And don't get me started about those children. Did they really live thinking of Kaname as their "other" father? It feels so wrong not just for Zero but also for them. I really can't imagine what their life was like thinking that their mother lived with their father because her number 1 told her to while dying. And it as hell looks like they know. They could learn about it in one conversation. "And that was Kaname, your other father." "But mommy why did you get together with daddy, then?" "Well... you see..." They HAD TO learn about it. O_o WHAT THE HELL HINO? o_O I'm really rendered speechless. Seriously, my habit of THINKING abut what I read is driving me crazy at this point. I have to stop. I... I... I guess I'll go drink something, some alcohol to make me forget. Some VERY hard alcohol.
yeah trully disapointed.. i never like yuki :/ and my favoriut character was zero he was totaly ruined in the last chapter..i totaly agree with what you said...at least zero deserved a women who loved him and not see him as a nr 2 replacement and the kids??? now that was somthing unexpected
May 24, 2013 8:20 AM

Mar 2009
I've been a Zero&Yuuki fan since i began reading this series. I wanted them to end up together. Yes they did but wtf?! why do i feel like in then end it's still Kaname&Yuuki? :< Don't wanna admit but feels like Zero is just a replacement. This is not what I'm expecting for them to be NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *fangirl cries T____T * My Zero deserves better than this. Plus the ending seems like it's being rushed. :(
chie_shou13May 24, 2013 8:29 AM
May 24, 2013 8:48 AM
Feb 2013
F***.

That was totally my response to this chapter...

I mean, I guess it started out okay, my hopes actually started to rise, until it turned into a shitball. I mean, alright, I actually managed to feel some sympathy for Kaname, until he was like, "I want you two to be together." WTF, man? The girl whose cherry you just popped is sobbing manically because you're dying, and you're telling her to BE WITH ANOTHER GUY???

And then, Zero saying, "Say you'll go with me," was totally, completely out of character. Zero would NEVER do anything of the sort!!! He is the kind of guy who understands, and I KNOW he would not be rushing to grab Yuuki once her love-of-life *rolls eyes* was dead -_- In fact, I'm positive he would have waited!!!

So yeah, the ending, too, was crap. Even though it is a consolation that Zero was actually HAPPY (seriously, the guy had some peace of mind REALLY overdue) at the end, I was still not satisfied with the ending! The whole PURPOSE of Kaname's life was protecting Yuuki. I don't think he'd be too happy to know what she did. Especially since there is a chance that Kaname will start out his human life with no memories, we might even have a repeat of all the stuff that Yuuki did!

Anyone up for VK 2? Just don't forget to bring your barf-bowls. We'll provide the tranquilizers.
May 24, 2013 8:51 AM
Feb 2013
mixordia said:
Yuuki = slut.

IKR.
May 24, 2013 9:15 AM
May 2013
HayasakaShion said:
LittleStar said:
I need vampire who erase my memories about Vampire Knight.

Call me if you find him. Tell him I need a biiiiiiiiig dose. XD

cant believe i wasted 9 beautiful yrs of my life to get this conclusion T_T
Hino sensei, you're really failed !
pinkmothMay 24, 2013 9:19 AM
May 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
The worst part was that Kaname gave his blessing to Yuuki and Zero so she wouldn't suffer alone, also, if it wasn't for that she would choose to be alone. To think that for a time this serie was so important to me and that I used to ship Yuuki and Zero so much...now I hate her.
May 24, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
Disliked Yuki to the end, how disappointing for Zero to end up being her rebound guy.
But hey a glimpse of Shiki x Rima, that's something at least.

Pretty rubbish all in all, only ever kept interest because or Zero and Shiki.

May 24, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2010
I liked the beginning but later it went downhill. I did expect a terrible ending.

I hope the author's next work will be better.
May 24, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
And what about Zero? Why didn't he changed to Level E?O_o
Am I missing something?
May 24, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2008
I was so disappointed with the ending!! This was a brilliant manga and had like the worst possible ending! I mean nothing was properly explained. It was all left for guessing.

Oh and wtf was that about, Zero becoming only a second best replacement for Kaname? So disappointing.
ElwingMay 24, 2013 12:00 PM
May 24, 2013 2:37 PM
Mar 2013
MillaMaxwell said:
I liked the beginning but later it went downhill. I did expect a terrible ending.

I hope the author's next work will be better.

I agree. This manga was really great at the beginning, but slowly it's getting worse. And somehow I expect a terrible ending, too.

The ending is such a dissapointment :(

I feel like all these 8 years spent following this series is gone to a waste. How awful..
dollprincessMay 27, 2013 6:19 AM
May 24, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
The truth about the end ...

Zeki, Yume .. or whatever you call it, it didn’t happen… Kaname is going to take a nap… Yuuki decides to stay with Zero, has sex with him, she already had sex with Kaname, Zero had to have his turn ok, poor guy… she’s a bitch after all… then she has two childrens… Zero dies, she decides remember Kaname who still sleeping, after all, Zero died… she also decides to die, to make Kaname a human… WTF… Kaname awakens with no memories… thank God, at least Kaname had a happy ending, after all he will not remember about that bitch and everything… and Zero, I feel sorry for him but he had his good moments too and was happy for a while… if you didn’t understand the end, in the end, two die, one wakes up… only that… Hino “trolled” everyone… I don't understand how people might have liked it. This is bizarre… of course, she made it sound romantic to you… If you don’t read Meru Puri yet, go and read it … It is her best work, not Vampire Knight. I’ve read many Shoujos, but I never saw such a slut heroine like this… LOL… now Vampire Knight is over… I’m so happy!
english isn't my native language... ;)
May 24, 2013 6:42 PM
May 2013
Gal3riel said:
What happen to the cold badass zero ????? he ended up beeing used till the very end and he seemd so desperate ending up like a substitue for "THAT GIRL" D: total disapointmet...it took 9 years to do sunch a great manga....ruined in the last chapter...yeah great job

i love Zeki but i think you're right! he deserved to be with someone who loved him whole heartedly
May 24, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
pinkmoth said:
HayasakaShion said:
LittleStar said:
I need vampire who erase my memories about Vampire Knight.

Call me if you find him. Tell him I need a biiiiiiiiig dose. XD

cant believe i wasted 9 beautiful yrs of my life to get this conclusion T_T
Hino sensei, you're really failed !

I need one too. Hino trolled us in an epic way.
SO MANY YEARS READING THIS MANGA TO FINALLY GET THE ENDING AND WHAT DO I RECEIVE? THIS! AGH, I'm so mad!
May 24, 2013 8:55 PM

Feb 2011
RealExtinction said:
Lalalandzz said:

LOL! Guys, okay, I can see a lot of people here hates Yuuki to the core, but, in my vision, she´s no slut just because she slept with both.
( She can be hated for other things, i don´t really care anymore (¬.¬''') )

I think that, if in 1000 years, she dind´t love anybody else, then THIS would be strange.

It´s like, her first crush "dies", and mostly, HIM himself said that he would give up Yuuki....

...So, i don´t see why she can´t love another person, it´s not like everybody loves just one person for life.AND we are talking about a 1000 years span, AND THAT´S HELL TOO MUCH TIME.Zero lived plenty,him dying is justified, there´s no but here u.ú.

I think, what made THIS HORRIBLY CONFUSING END, it´s the damn fact IT WAS ALL IN JUST 1 FUC%¨&ING CHAPTER!? I MEAN... damn woman, couldn´t you write 2 or 3 more explained chapters? you have made many more bad chapters, at least THE 3 LAST you could have made better, and we wouldn´t care for the other 30 bad written ones!

This is the firts time i see someone actually "do" the everlasting rivals in fandom have a final happy end.
Although it didn´t quite worked but, she had the guts to try a new hole type of conclusion that EVERYBODY knows it will go wrong.
But she got guts, respect that u.u

P.s:

I expect her next project to have a better end, really do.
MeruPuri was good.
VK was HALF GOOD.AND i mean the first half.
Chibi-wolf-10May 24, 2013 8:58 PM
May 24, 2013 10:40 PM
Aug 2012
A sad case of a mangaka determined to give everyone a "good" ending.
May 25, 2013 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
HikaruIzumi said:

Not going to address the shippy stuff because even if you aren't into Yume anymore I think you read the manga with a Yume bias :P

Anyway: the kids, while I think it was sad for them that Yuuki died I don't think it would of scarred them for life, it was not a horrifying death. Unlike when Yuuki's mother died, Yuuki appeared to pass away in a peaceful way, we see no blood, Kaname didn't look distressed when he woke up, nor did the kids when they spoke to him.

One of the major themes of the manga is that being is pureblood is a curse because their lives are endless. Kaname wanted to die because he got sick of living because his life had been so long (and for a large part, lonely). A thousand nights has been referenced in the manga before; it refers to eternal pureblood life and Yuuki dies after a thousand years, I doubt this is a coincidence. Using her life to give Kaname a second chance at a normal, human life wasn't just a gift to Kaname it was also the way for Yuuki end her life in a meaningful way since she could not die of a natural cause, just like Isaya wanted to give his life in a meaningful way by turning Yuuki into a human when Kaname asked.

Of course, there are problems: is Yuuki's daughter Kaname's child meaning that she would be a pureblood + if Kaname ever gets his memories back will he revert back to being a pureblood.
May 25, 2013 3:07 AM
May 2013
Why did zero died? I know he is a vampire and he can drink yuki's blood to avoid starvation.
May 25, 2013 4:30 AM
May 2013
HayasakaShion said:
F***.

That was totally my response to this chapter...

I mean, I guess it started out okay, my hopes actually started to rise, until it turned into a shitball. I mean, alright, I actually managed to feel some sympathy for Kaname, until he was like, "I want you two to be together." WTF, man? The girl whose cherry you just popped is sobbing manically because you're dying, and you're telling her to BE WITH ANOTHER GUY???

And then, Zero saying, "Say you'll go with me," was totally, completely out of character. Zero would NEVER do anything of the sort!!! He is the kind of guy who understands, and I KNOW he would not be rushing to grab Yuuki once her love-of-life *rolls eyes* was dead -_- In fact, I'm positive he would have waited!!!

So yeah, the ending, too, was crap. Even though it is a consolation that Zero was actually HAPPY (seriously, the guy had some peace of mind REALLY overdue) at the end, I was still not satisfied with the ending! The whole PURPOSE of Kaname's life was protecting Yuuki. I don't think he'd be too happy to know what she did. Especially since there is a chance that Kaname will start out his human life with no memories, we might even have a repeat of all the stuff that Yuuki did!

Anyone up for VK 2? Just don't forget to bring your barf-bowls. We'll provide the tranquilizers.

this. is. gold.
i agree! i was happy that she was "with" zero but it was completely out of his character to do that!
May 25, 2013 5:19 AM

Apr 2013
shormai said:
Why did zero died? I know he is a vampire and he can drink yuki's blood to avoid starvation.

Because he isn't a pureblood vampire. Only pureblood vampires can live for eternity. (Remember that he's an ex-human who turned into a vampire)
May 25, 2013 5:51 AM
Jan 2013
I don't even know where the freaking hell to begin. I guess.. I'm... in shock? I have been a YuMe fan since....................forever.. Okay since like chapter 36? It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

So you mean to tell me I've devoted years of following this series to see Kaname bow out of their true love (for no fucking reason, what, depression? There's meds for that Kaname *sigh*) and her to end up with the guy she's constantly placed as second in her heart since chapter 1?

This ending is beyond wrong. I'm just..... thoroughly disappointed. It's left a sour taste in my mouth. And the only thought I'm left to amuse myself with is if after some time of Kaname being without memories of his past he comes to love living again and the only thing able to wake him being the blood of his daughter...and then there is the problem of two Kuran pure bloods left with eternity .........

OH MY GOD, HE'S GOING TO END UP WITH HIS DAUGHTER.

Seriously. RIP manga ending with good plot, this is right up there with Death Note in my eyes.

P.S. somebody shoot me in the face please.
Kaname_NAMay 25, 2013 6:00 AM
May 25, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
I've read the whole chapter..

I honestly didn't like the ending.. Yuuki hooked up with Zero because Kaname wasn't there.. I like Zero but I didn't like his desperation to have Yuuki. I wonder if he's insensitive or not, he should've felt that he is only a replacement for Kaname. He deserves waaaaaay better than that Yuuki but if that what makes him happy (w/c is true), so be it.

just wanna ask,
are those two kids Yuuki and Zero's children??? or is one from Kaname and one from Zero?? It's just that it was never told in the manga.. but I think,
it's Zero's and Yuuki..
May 25, 2013 10:08 AM
May 2013
So Zero died because he is not pureblood and cant live forever. How about vampires of the night class like aidou? They are not pureblood as well
May 25, 2013 10:10 AM

Mar 2011
Kaname_NA said:
and her to end up with the guy she's constantly placed as second in her heart since chapter 1?

Lololol, okay then.
May 25, 2013 11:16 AM
Jan 2013
shormai said:
So Zero died because he is not pureblood and cant live forever. How about vampires of the night class like aidou? They are not pureblood as well

He's of the noble class, they last a lot longer than a human turned vampire. But not an eternity the way purebloods can. Maybe a few thousand years?
May 25, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2013
Why do people convince themselves that Yuuki was miserable, pining away for Kaname for 1000 years? Totally ignoring the fact that Yuuki never truly made Kaname happy (always jealous and possessive, half of her heart was not enough) and Kaname never made Yuuki happy (always feeling guilty and like she wasn't good enough.

The year Kaname and Yuuki spent together was miserable. She was starving for Zero's blood. She kept promising over and over and over that Kaname was the only one and she would spend eternity with him. She even desperately asked him why he never erased her memories of Zero. She felt she didn't deserve Kaname because she was always and would always be in love with Zero because he took that away from her.

I know that the mangaka doesn't care enough about Zero or Yuuki to show their life together, but she did indicate that they were happy together. She did have Kaname say that Yuuki was dazzling as a human, you know when she was with Zero, and that her radiance made him realize that she should be with Zero.

Yuuki was happy for 1000 years without Kaname. Period. End of story. She married, she raised a family, and she was not pining after him for an era. She came to him at the end because she still treasured their past and wanted him to be able to move on as well... and because the mangaka refuses to just let this character die.
May 25, 2013 12:51 PM
Mar 2013
mixordia said:
If you don’t read Meru Puri yet, go and read it … It is her best work, not Vampire Knight. now Vampire Knight is over… I’m so happy!

I think Meru Puri is indeed her best work so far in my opinion too. VK was great at first until the half of the series, though..
May 25, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2013
The girl in MeruPuri is dating a 12 year old, though. It may be her best manga but it is weird as hell.

It is still better than being engaged to your ancestor who is living in your dead brother's body. That's double the incest and double the grossness. I gag every time Vampire Knight has scenes of a 10,000 year old perving on a little toddler girl.

He really fell for a love declaration from a 3 year old.
May 25, 2013 2:27 PM

Jan 2012
I wasn't expecting a very great ending since the story itself had lost its lot of strength in between. Well I think everyone had their shares of happy times in the end....after that what will going to happen is upto our imagination and understanding but I'm not a very huge VK fan to get obsess over their future..>.<
May 25, 2013 6:08 PM
May 2013
sooooo.... just finished reading the last chapter and wtf....as i browsed through this forum i started to have differing opinions and stuff....but seriously...i read this manga when it first came out and that was when I also just started reading manga/watching anime/just getting into japanese stuff...so for like what 8 years? I've been reading this manga and soon it became my favorite manga until it started going downhill towards the middle-end, then i moved on but the art always captivated me even if the story started to suck with the weak heroine. but vampire knight will always be special to me because of my long history with it and because for the first half it was my absolute favorite manga and at one point i lived for it every month...to those of you guys who have followed Sagakure when she was still active, didn't she make the manga more interesting and she also pointed out little details i would have never noticed and made me appreciate matsuri hino even more.....i just wish she could cover this last chapter even if she went on eternal hiatus...

anyways onto this chapter....i guess i agree with you guys who say that this was a better than expected ending for vampire knight by hino matsuri since the backbone of the series was unraveling too fast for her to bind everything together in ONE chapter. although i feel like it sucks as an ending in general because ok zero pretty much broke character and he would NOT have been this needy and sudden and out of character if it weren't for the limited space of the writing, he would have waited. and yeah he basically became a substitute which sucks cuz i was actually thinking it would be better for him to go with another girl since in the end yuuki never seemed to really love him and i dont know why since in the beginning of the novel even with her liking kaname she still showed more love for zero than the reluctance at the end of the novel. wow and to think i was never a zeki fan but at the end i was like, idc who yuuki is with anymore cuz she sucks and the one without her would have a better life LOL and the manga was driving me crazy with its turns that i was like ok i dont care what happens, zero led a sad life so give him something to be happy about even if it is yuuki...and for kaname just keep him safe and alive and im happy, i have no more expectations.
and dont even get me on kaname's case...so ive been a yume fan since the beginning to end (tho if it didnt end yume i was ok with it cuz at this point i had no F's to give and just need enough to keep myself from flipping my desk) to those who talk about kaname being a memory-less father with two children to take care of...doesnt it remind you of that true story of sleeping beauty by the Brothers Grimm or someone else where the princess is actually raped by the prince and wakes up to two children? it's like kaname is the sleeping beauty (which he is, in his ice coffin LOL) and then he wakes up to two children....and wow how is he supposed to accept two strangers into his life, and he's supposed to have turned back into acting like a baby without knowing how to even talk, so the ending doesnt make sense unless the new method that aidou found was able to prevent kaname from going back memory-lessness and that the "magic method" is able to fill in plotholes like preventing kaname from regaining his memories in the future etc. wow magical ending -____- and wayyy too rushed, i even thought it was better for kaname to not live again since it would be so lonely for him but i guess as people have said, he at least gets a second chance at life while forgetting all the freakin torture he went through in his past lives from loneliness, self-hate, self-sacrifice etc.... and i guess this is ok as an alternative to a yume ending (maybe indirect yume?) and i feel like those children (although they both looked like girls at first)...one is kaname's and one is zero's, it would be matsuri hino's way of satisfying both fandoms and also makes sense cuz of the random love scene between kaname and yuuki which i disliked (because it didnt feel right being all rushed, i would rather not have it there as well to preserve the semi-purity of their love and because this is a freakin shoujo manga) and also the girl could be a pureblood and thats why she doesnt age and looks around the age of the guy even if he could have been born much later
so basically the only good thing about this ending is that everyone has now come together to bash on the ending instead of one pairing or another which was really sad cuz throughout the whole manga people have said really mean things about both zero and kaname and i feel like both were really good (and was a kaname fan all the way too) and wow there seems like a sudden emergence of kaname fans who wish him well with his new life which makes me happy and makes it seem like he didnt have too much of a tragic ending after all cuz he gets to forget the trash plot that happened after the middle....and at least zero was happy in his own way even if ppl say he was only a substitute so win win i guess with everyone hating on vk the manga itself in the end LOL and to those who talk of the third love triangle with kaname, his daughter and zero's son....WTF is with this theory, its like you guys have never even read this manga because then you would know kaname is not like that (to his own daughter!?!?!? kaname and yuuki were basically different generations and kaname keeps reincarnating so i would describe their love as those in mangas where the heroine falls in love with a close family friend or a not actually related brother and even zero seems like a closer brother figure than kaname to yuuki...and yuuki's parents were siblings not that i approve but it goes with the pureblood thing hino set up so i guess this way must be accepted for this manga only but in no way does the tradition span to cover father daughter!!! that is just pushing beyond the boundaries of moral acceptability lol) and yes as someone on this forum said, zero would definitely be rolling in his grave then. JUST NO that is NOT a possibility at ALL or else I will declare the mangaka officially crazy...but yeah about that vampire who can erase our memories of this manga, he or she would be handy right now...and umm where is that translating group's psychiatric ward? also i want to request for them to take me to japan too to have a word with the mangaka -_____- well anyways now...i will see if hino matsuri has any new manga in the future because her art cannot be passed up but man this vampire knight...just too many twists and turns even with this ending...i feel restless and idk, she should make a side story or something, too many things left unexplained and uncertain...and just...UGGHH idk too much angst, good bye vampire knight, idk if i will ever want to reread you, but you were my favorite at one time....
memoribiliaMay 25, 2013 6:22 PM
May 25, 2013 6:41 PM

Jun 2009
SayNOtoIncest said:
Why do people convince themselves that Yuuki was miserable, pining away for Kaname for 1000 years? Totally ignoring the fact that Yuuki never truly made Kaname happy (always jealous and possessive, half of her heart was not enough) and Kaname never made Yuuki happy (always feeling guilty and like she wasn't good enough.

The year Kaname and Yuuki spent together was miserable. She was starving for Zero's blood. She kept promising over and over and over that Kaname was the only one and she would spend eternity with him. She even desperately asked him why he never erased her memories of Zero. She felt she didn't deserve Kaname because she was always and would always be in love with Zero because he took that away from her.

I know that the mangaka doesn't care enough about Zero or Yuuki to show their life together, but she did indicate that they were happy together. She did have Kaname say that Yuuki was dazzling as a human, you know when she was with Zero, and that her radiance made him realize that she should be with Zero.

Yuuki was happy for 1000 years without Kaname. Period. End of story. She married, she raised a family, and she was not pining after him for an era. She came to him at the end because she still treasured their past and wanted him to be able to move on as well... and because the mangaka refuses to just let this character die.

IA with everything you said. Basically the only reason people convince themselves that Zero is a substitute is because they want to be in denial about the fact that Yuuki loved both guys and did in fact end up happily with one of them. Yuuki loved Kaname but he wasn't the right choice for her, and Kaname KNEW he wasn't good for her, I am very sure that is one of the reasons he pushed her towards Zero, he knew Zero was better for her. We get to see that Yuuki still cared about Kaname - she mourns him, which she would do for anyone but to say she spent years obsessing over him and never got over him is a stretch (someone said it earlier on the thread) because even though I am sure she would of visited him during the thousand year period this isn't mentioned or shown, the mentions of Kaname are just about Kaname, not Yume. If Kaname had truly been the only person for Yuuki she would of never 'settled' for another guy, she would of stayed true to Kaname and never moved on. What happened instead was that she always remembered Kaname but moved on with a guy she was in love with, got married, raised kids and lived a full life. She says she was happy. I know people get irritated that Zero said he wouldn't wait for Yuuki but he knows what Yuuki is like and he knows her feelings towards him - he has drunk her blood, he knows that she loves him (the kiss at the ball and the scenes before, during and after her taking Zero's memories show this) and that Yuuki, like him, needs to stop hiding from her feelings. That is why he makes the fervent declaration he does, it's because he knows if he waits Yuuki will either waste years or never confront her feelings due to guilt over what happened to Kaname.
obviouslygeekyMay 25, 2013 8:27 PM
May 25, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2010
obviouslygeeky said:
SayNOtoIncest said:

IA with everything you said. Basically the only reason people convince themselves that Zero is a substitute is because they want to be in denial about the fact that Yuuki loved both guys and did in fact end up happily with one of them. Yuuki loved Kaname but he wasn't the right choice for her, and Kaname KNEW he wasn't good for her, I am very sure that is one of the reasons he pushed her towards Zero, he knew Zero was better for her. We get to see that Yuuki still cared about Kaname - she mourns him, which she would do for anyone but to say she spent years obsessing over him and never got over him is a stretch (someone said it earlier on the thread) because even though I am sure she would of visited him during the thousand year period he isn't even mentioned, the only mention of Kaname until Yuuki goes to awaken him is that Aido discovers his research and that Kaname has been preserved in the ice. If Kaname had truly been the only person for Yuuki she would of never 'settled' for another guy, she would of stayed true to Kaname and never moved on. What happened instead was that she always remembered Kaname but moved on with a guy she was in love with, got married, raised kids and lived a full life. She says she was happy. I know people get irritated that Zero said he wouldn't wait for Yuuki but he knows what Yuuki is like and he knows her feelings towards him - he has drunk her blood, he knows that she loves him (the kiss at the ball and the scenes before, during and after her taking Zero's memories show this) and that Yuuki, like him, needs to stop hiding from her feelings. That is why he makes the fervent declaration he does, it's because he knows if he waits Yuuki will either waste years or never confront her feelings due to guilt over what happened to Kaname.

True Yuuki moved on and this chapter showed a lot of it. The love ,the kids,she lived her life until Zero's last breath .i for one am glad she spent more years with Zero than Kaname, that's all I ever asked for ,from the author.
Kanama live your life now.
I hope there's season 3 of this I need alternate endings or OVA's
May 25, 2013 7:36 PM
May 2013
ok so i looked around and apparently matsuri hino wrote a letter to her characters? Rikson on mangafox's thread quoted someone from LJ

"Love letter activities with letter published:
Kaname sama~ part picked out ~

Think of your heart will feel the pain. I pray many times can be a world of happiness, warmth, you can add color in the world for you ... Even though I know I don't have enough strength, can't be your light. My heart, my body, until the last drop of blood in my body, are you. I can't get addicted to your existence. Your presence is my happiness. I love you. I hope that this letter can touch your heart.

Reply:
Nigerian authorities, I think I am very gentle, you are really gentle woman. Thank you letter full of care.
Kuran Kaname

Zero~ part picked out ~
My greatest wish was to Zero to be happy. I want you to be happy. Even for you it is very difficult to do, and I believe that one day you can smile. So, please be with Yuuki. I think that Zero must be most like when Yuuki around Zero. I was jealous of Yuuki. Could be close to Zero, can be valued. However, as expected, is still hoping next to Zero Yuuki. Like Zero. Therefore, please become happy. Smile, please. Please go. Please do not be imprisoned by the past, live in the moment. Frankly face himself.

Reply:
Shizuka
Actually was supposed to communicate face to face, thank you.
Your Word, I'll take to heart.
Kiryuu Zero"

i think these are hino matsuri's thoughts to her characters..so basically the ending is this:
hino matsurixkaname
yuukixzero
indirect yuukixkaname too to satisfy both randoms
but mainly the open ending (with kaname's open future) and yuuki sacrificing herself means that hino gets kaname to herself now...nice going hino matsuri, kaname's number one fan LOL so yeah basically happy ever after for the author XDDD
again credits to the post on MF and LJ and for their translation of hino matsuri's words!!
May 25, 2013 8:31 PM

Dec 2011
I waited so long for this chapter and this is what i get! I'm pissed. From the very beginning i was a zeki fan, so i automatically didn't like kaname. Hino senpai should have extended into more chapters. I feel like she kinda rushed it and tried to fit everything in the last chapter. But overall i really enjoyed Vampire Knight.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.