Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 4, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2013
akatsukireunites said:
efflorescent said:
What the hell did I just read? T__T

This chapter was shitty, why is everyone bothering to argue what happened and over- analyze everything?

I feel the same way.. (!!^^)a
this is really 1 of the "what the damn hell" moment in manga reading time.. XD
Nov 7, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
Worst manga ever, feel like i ate some crap((.
motryaNov 7, 2013 11:47 AM
Dec 4, 2013 4:33 AM
Dec 2013
I luv Japanese anime n manga so much but this Vampire knight kind of makes me sick.It made me cry literally cuz d ending is so disgusting.D vampire siblings r so selfish throughout the series.D elder one Kaname used Zero as a weapon n her sis Yuki used whnever she wants in Kaname's absence.well it is to be expected since they r sibling with same dirty blood.I feel sad for Zero n Kiryu family.Till d end they end up bad.Zero's parents got murdered because of some conspiracy n d only twin brother he got never get along with him.Zero never got his family not even his brother n mostly d only girl he loved.D author however tried to put some scenes to confuse the readers that Yuki loved Zero too but I know readers aren't so fool n they probably got figured it out that the vampire sibling loved each other a lot n only used Zero for their own fucking reasons.I dnt even understood y some people felt sorry for Yuki n Kaname not ending happily.It doesnt matter who dies since they both luv each other.But Zero I can understand how hard it is to live with someone who doesnt love u 4 real.Zero n Kiryu family is just d goat 4 sacrifice in d whole series.So M sorry 4 Zero nt for d vampire siblings who r selfish.Zero shud have got a good ending thats wad I feel after going thru so much.May be d author luv vampires a lot thats y she gave them d power to destory anyone's life,even d power to play with human emotions n suck their blood,emotion,feeling n love n everything.God I hate ur work Hino.U tried to made it a love triangle story but as a whole its just about d love of vampire sibling.Zero ur existence is a total waste in d manga.till d end u r being used by vampire.oh God help me to calm down my frustration
Jan 1, 2014 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
akatsukireunites said:
efflorescent said:
What the hell did I just read? T__T

This chapter was shitty, why is everyone bothering to argue what happened and over- analyze everything?

Yeah, definitely. Except I thought it was pretty decent up until the final chapters where Matsuri Hino made it seem like she just wanted the manga to finally end.
Jan 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
There is another extra chapter out now that answers a lot more of the questions - it is listed separately like a one shot -- I like it better than this chapter but still not left feelings good but read it. It starts with Yori's point of view.
http://mangahubs.com/Vampire-Knight/

There is supposedly still one more final chapter or extra that I have not been able to find yet. I don't think it's translated yet. But links to it would be appreciated. :)

edit Never mind I think it is just two different groups that did the same extra chap.
inzarathaJan 5, 2014 2:39 PM
May 14, 2014 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
The daughter is Kaname and Yuukis child check out 93.5, its does not change the fact that she had two children with separate partners and that the ending sucked. But thank god, before this final chapter I had already lost the feeling of shock when it was revealed (LOL). Probably cause of the multiple heartbreaking moments in VK which made me sick of the manga itself.

Vesperlynd said:
So many fucking things that make no sense. Hino fucking fails

- Pregnant first time and only time she has sex with Kaname. Using Yuuki’s womb as a plot device, for shame.

- Kaname may recover his memories in the future and either die in agony or be saved and helplessly remember all the sad shit he went through.

- 89-92 meaningless filler.

- The children lose their parents. And the girl is Kaname’s daughter so she’s a pureblood and will eventually lose her brother too and live through all those painful pb issues. Like having to kill herself eventually because immortality is painful. Does Aidou and co’s ‘medicine’ resolve that issue? NOPE (EDIT: I read the whole set of raws last night andI guess she could take that medicine and become human. A huge disappointment though - when was being a pureblood a bad thing?)

And if we were going to get Zeki endgame anyway, all that bullshit Zero memory loss and Yume sex shouldn’t have been published because it’s just embarrassingly bad writing. Cut out 88-92, purebloods attack at the ball in 87 - skip straight to 93. There, fixed it for you

you forgot the part where he regains his memories and sleeps with his daughter (LOL)

vkfan993 said:
Hello, readers, I have a few things I must ask that I didn't quite understand from the final chapter:

1.How come zero only lived less than 1000 years, even tho he drank the blood of multiple purebloods + he was supplied with the blood of Yuki.I mean he was basically one of the strongest characters at the time...

2.What is the canonical translation of the final scene?I mean does the girls say "MY other father" or "OUR other father"?If she is Kaname's daughter and the boy is Zero's child, why does she look older than him?I mean she's a pureblood, she should age a LOT slower than the boy.Unless the boy was born hundreds of years later, which means Zero couldn't impregnate her for centuries?IDK, it feels like he's getting less "credit" than he deserves.I mean he was the right guy for her and ends up being used as a replacement and also:

3.If the girl is Kaname's child and the boy is Zero's child, does that mean the boy is inferrior to the girl?I mean it would mean that the girl is 100% pureblood and stronger and will live forever, while the boy is probably Noble class level or something like that, so he is weaker and he will die of age and this leads me to the final point:

4.If Zero's son dies of age, Kaname's daughter will live alone forever and they probably both realize that.Doesn't that mean there's a high chance that she decide to give Kaname her blood and regain his memories and his pureblood status, so she won't have to fear being alone forever?

I guess so, but you still forgot the part where he sleeps with her (LOL) XD, sorry I couldn't help myself

Arurie said:
I reeeeeally hope the daughter is from Zero. If not... I will cut someone.
Zero is happy in the end, so I'm happy... I guess. I mean, he's basically Kaname's replacement and is fine with that...
ZERO, HAVE A LITTLE SELF-WORTH. >_<
And wait... 1000 years passed? Does that mean that's how long Zero ended up living?
How is that even possible... O_o

Time to break the bad news dude, its kanames and yuukis (LOL) read 93.5

falcone90 said:

afterall Yuuki already accept her punishment, since no matter which her choice, her thirst can't really be fullfilled until she died and lift Kaname curse to live and die as normal human. Since those children looked so much like Yuuki and Zero, it seems like those two are still alive (btw, the girl looked prettier than yuuki and their chilren might be couple,XD)

No just no T_T

obviouslygeeky said:
00kiryu00 said:

The two children who is light haired and dark haired are BOTH Zero and Yuki's children the dark haired is not Kaname's child.

I had been wondering about this myself, because you like said that they could both Zero's kids. I think though that it is more likely that the daughter is Kaname's daughter because I think that Hino wants to give both YUME and ZEKI something. I also think the translation calling Kaname the other father meaning that he is her biological father (with Zero being her other father, the one who raised her) makes more sense. But I guess this is one of those details which will probably become clearer as we get more info and better translations.

I don't understand why people are still attempting to carry on with the ships wars, I mean, both ships are canon but I think there is a final pairing. Regardless of your opinion on whether or not he is the second choice the ship that sailed in the end is clearly Zeki. When Kaname ripped his heart out and gave Zeki is blessing he left the triangle, he gave up on being a romantic option for Yuuki. Even if Yuuki still had romantic feelings for Kaname when she turned him into a human at that point in the story Yume was no longer possible. A couple can't exist when one person is dead (Yuuki) and the other person (Kaname) doesn't remember the other individual. Yume's relationship ended when he decided to leave her in Zero's care. BTW even though Yuuki isn't thought of highly by many fans, she does have free will, even though Kaname wanted Zeki together she didn't have to go along with the idea, she MADE A CHOICE, there is no way anyone forced her. Yes, what Yuuki did for Kaname in the end was beautiful moment and an act of love (romantic or otherwise depending on your bias), but it does not mean that Yume was the endgame ship.

Check 93.5
Rage5110May 14, 2014 6:50 AM

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

May 15, 2014 6:16 AM

May 2013
i didnt know Zero was into MILF's but hey guess he had a good ending for himself
Kaname was just a manipulator in my opinion kinda like the character Danzo from naruto always pulls strings to fuck someone up but whatever 6/10 for this
"Knowing reality means maturity"
Aug 10, 2014 6:48 PM
Aug 2014
I lost my interest after the war at Cross Academy. It was pathetic. Should've just ended there so I wouldn't be so disgusted. Yes, I regretted knowing such series.
Oct 4, 2014 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
After getting tired of the endless reading forever stuck on chapter 88.. I finally managed to finish this manga..

There is an odd feeling in my heart and in my mind.

The journey is over.. My favorite manga is over..

I don't know how to feel. I guess I'll be in the psycho ward with a bunch of others that lost their minds after finishing this manga.

Bravo. 5/5 Long live Yuki and Kaname. <3
Oct 5, 2014 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
I love this tragic manga :D I really like it ♥ Awesome XD

- barely alive -
Oct 15, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2013
The ending was alright but made me cry manly tears then afterwards I turned into a girl and cried womanly tears. Gtfo onions.
Dec 16, 2014 6:35 PM
Dec 2014
Just wondering does it eve give a hint to if Yuki and Kaname's child is a pureblood and if so why can't he or she restore him. Like Kaname did for Yuki. Thanks
Mar 2, 2015 4:37 PM
Mar 2015
I am so very disappointed. :(
I kept up with the manga and the storyline awaiting for this?!
AGH!!! WTF this ending!

Why did Hino do this to us?
She just couldn't decide between Kaname or Zero?! (somehow, I feel like she was a kaname shipper anyways...-___-)
NO GIRL! IT'S EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER! YOU WENT BOTH WAYS AND NOW IT'S RUINED!!!!
And when she also ships everyone together in the end... Gosh, I hate it when things turn out so very "Harry Pottery" in the end. I mean, everyone doesn't have to be together.

And in regards to the children, in my personal opinion, I think both of them were girls and Zero's legitimate kids. They probably just called Kaname their "other father" because when yuki's gone, who else would care for them. (not saying that Zero's not a good single parent but I'm just considering the possibilities. like how headmaster cross was her foster parent)

But despite the ending, I'm a YukixAidou shipper and I'm glad Hino put some of that in the last volume. (Hino ultimately crushed by ZeroxYuki dreams... TAT)
Mar 8, 2015 12:53 AM

Aug 2012
Seriously? That's the ending? I feel like Hino doesn't really care about Zero and leaves him out a lot; not giving him any nice or good scenes.

But seriously. How can you guys not really tell that that the dark haired girl is Kaname's daughter and the other child is Zero's? It's so freaking obvious, oh my god.
At first though, I thought Zero's child was a girl, but I guess it's a boy, since a lot of people are saying s/he is.

Anyways, I didn't really like that Kaname got revived. Like seriously, he's going to suffer even more if he regained his memories. Come on Yuki! Let him go already!
Apr 8, 2015 8:06 PM

Nov 2011
So a Zero ending pretty much for the manga. I can live with this. And the other pairing of ShikixRima and AkatsukixRuka is implied as well.

Decent ending I guess; at least much better imo than VK: Guilty. Overall 6/10. I still don't like Kaname much but his actions are quite a lot of good will.
Jun 26, 2015 2:11 AM
Jun 2015
i hate yuki ...hate her hate her hate......i dnt care how the story goes .. but make sure zero feel nothing for yuki coz she broke his heart n choose her perverted bro..THE SENSATION IN MY BODY TO SLAP THAT BITCH....100%
Jul 10, 2015 10:28 PM
Jul 2015
I thought the ending was beautiful, and disappointing at the same time. It leaves me wondering what happened afterwards. To the kids, to Kaname. Yuki and Zero in the after life.
Jul 16, 2015 4:56 PM
Jul 2015
I just want to know what the kids names are, I am writing fan fiction and making sure I spell everything right, in the ending of the manga, the vampire Knight manga, in the ending, what are the kids names?, that's all I want to know, send me a message if you have a reply, I really would appreciate your answer if you have one
Jul 19, 2015 5:54 PM

Aug 2012
Schwindt2011 said:
I just want to know what the kids names are, I am writing fan fiction and making sure I spell everything right, in the ending of the manga, the vampire Knight manga, in the ending, what are the kids names?, that's all I want to know, send me a message if you have a reply, I really would appreciate your answer if you have one

The daughter's name is Ai Kuran and the son's name is unkown.
Jul 24, 2015 2:26 AM
Jul 2015
Don"t be so quick to say Zero"s biological child as a male, the child have more possibility of being a female. The child sported the same hairstyle when yuuki use Artemis to cut her hair(bob hair) which is quite the trend these days with more and more female cutting that hair like hkt48 Sakura Miyazaki,ske48 matsui jurina,akb48 Haruka shimazaki,girls generation hyoyeon and sooyoung.

Besides, the child looks like a mix of hooded woman and Sara in facial features than zero. While Ai looks more like Juuri and kaname than yuuki. The child gender and name have not been confirmed and it is all spectaculation on our part so don"t be so quick to say the child is a male.

Yuuki sent them both to kaname and if the child is a female, maybe kaname can marry them both then no one will be left out or Ai can marry Isaya and the child can marry kaname since there are a few people who also believe the child is a female. Besides, kaname can love another like what yuuki did too and he move on from the hooded woman too so I believe he will move on from yuuki too. Since the name calling of nee san can be used for both genders calling an older sister and yuuki hug sayori in the same way as both the children did before
Jul 24, 2015 2:31 AM
Jul 2015
[
M00ner said:
Schwindt2011 said:

. ]

Both of them are female, the younger child gender have not been confirmed but most likely a female so do go round saying the child is a son. Both are daughters.
Jul 24, 2015 2:37 AM

Aug 2012
Redfright said:
[
M00ner said:

. ]

Both of them are female, the younger child gender have not been confirmed but most likely a female so do go round saying the child is a son. Both are daughters.

Zero and Yuki's child IS a boy. It even says it here.
Jul 24, 2015 3:00 AM
Jul 2015
Vesperlynd said:

- Pregnant first time and only time she has sex with Kaname. Using Yuuki’s womb as a plot device, for shame.

- Kaname may recover his memories in the future and either die in agony or be saved and helplessly remember all the sad shit he went through.

- The children lose their parents. And the girl is Kaname’s daughter so she’s a pureblood and will eventually lose her brother too and live through all those painful pb issues. Like having to kill herself eventually because immortality is painful. Does Aidou and co’s ‘medicine’ resolve that issue? NOPE (EDIT: I read the whole set of raws last night andI guess she could take that medicine and become human. A huge disappointment though - when was being a pureblood a bad thing?)

And if we were going to get Zeki endgame anyway, all that bullshit Zero memory loss and Yume sex shouldn’t have been published because it’s just embarrassingly bad writing. Cut out 88-92, purebloods attack at the ball in 87 - skip straight to 93. There, fixed it for you

The younger child who is zero"s biological child gender have not been confirmed yet. How could people just jump to conclusion that child is a male, I believe Ai and the child are both female since yuuki send them to him and the female bob hair that is the trend these days and where yuuki have sported that hairstyle when she cuts her hair using Artemis. Née San can be use for both genders adressing an older woman and their interaction reminds me of yuuki and sayori.
Jul 24, 2015 3:05 AM
Jul 2015
M00ner said:
Redfright said:
[
. ]

Zero and Yuki's child IS a boy. It even says it here.

You do know myanimelist and vampire knight wiki can be edit by anyone? So it is not accurate. I mean manga canonwise have not been confirmed. So the child may possibly be a female kiryu.
Jul 24, 2015 3:44 AM
Jul 2015
Orulyon said:
So resuming:
Group hug. Zeki ending together. Kaname asleep. Yuuki has a daughter from Kaname and a son from Zero. Thousands of years pass. Zero dies. Yuuki gives her life to make Kaname human and he awakes to stay with his "children" who call him "our other dad". Who knows, Kurans like incest, so he might marry his own daughter. (Hino should have made Zero's son a female, LOOOL).

translation: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1028720.html#cutid1

Well, all I have to say is...what a shitty end, as expected. Yuuki remained in love with Kaname and chose Zero because Kaname wasn't available. She has children from both, the new "kiryuu". Hino matsuri didnt have courage to leave one of the guys out.

Finally its over. It was a pleasure to debate VK with you during all these years in these threads. Bless you all, goodbye! Hope to join you in a thread of a better manga.

Actually the younger child who is zero biological child gender and name have not been confirmed yet and I mean not the vampire knight wiki or myanimelist one since they can be edit by anyone so the child may be a girl. That is why yuuki sent them to kaname right? And for kaname to find a new love and there is still Isaya.
Jul 24, 2015 3:50 AM
Jul 2015
Lalalandzz said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Here's come the end of our long journey guys...The last chapter is hereeeee!!!!

Full chapter 93 [RAW]: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2346437468

Translation [This is NOT a direct Japanese-English translation!]: http://vampire-knight.livejournal.com/1028720.html

Full chapter 93 (English Translation): http://www.mangareader.net/vampire-knight/93
(2nd pg cracked me up so hard! LOL)

Main events:
- Kaname will not die after he throws his heart into furnace. He gives his blessings to both Zero and Yuuki before he goes into deep slumber (trio hugs!). [Mostly contains YuMe moments]
- The fight between vampire and hunter is over. The building is crumbled down and all hunter weapons are shattered. (Zero, again saves our heroin's ass because well, Yuuki...is being Yuuki with her shattered Artemis *face-palm*)
- Aidou preserves Kaname's body with his ice and discovers researches on a cure that can turn vampires into humans in Kuran family library (written by Kaname). [Mostly contains ZeKi moments]
- Possibly future pairings!?: The scene captured both KaitoxYori and YagarixSeiren in one panel XD. (Oh God, the scene where Maria looks at Zero with unrequited love makes me cry! To hell with Yuuki!)
- Cross Academy is finally back to normal. The scene shows Grandma Yori is telling her grandchildren about vampires and her old days with Yuuki. It also implied ShikixRima and KainxRuka ending.
=========1,000 years have passed=========
- Yuuki ends up with Zero until his last breath.
- Yuuki bears two children; One girl and one boy. (Probably older sister is Kaname's and younger brother is Zero's or both could be Zero's; we've nothing to confirmed but the girl refers Kaname as 'my other father') [So it could be the former or the latter as many have claimed that because Yuuki is still love both Kaname and Zero, she would, no doubt, let her kids acknowledge that they have two fathers, regardless of who their 'real' father is. There's also the theory why Hino-sensei put the YuMe sex scene in the first place just for this. So, please use discretion.] and takes both of them to visit Zero's grave.
- Yuuki also takes them to where Kaname is still in his deep slumber (Despite Aidou finishing the cure, Kaname's heart, taken back from the furnace, can't withstand the effect of the cure, nor can it even wake him up) and dies THANK GOD! giving her life to turn Kaname into human and left messages for him to her children.
- Kaname wakes up and his human life begins! (with no memories?)

THE END!

Zero biological child have not been confirmed to be a male and those in vampire knight wiki or myanimelist can not be trusted since they can be edit by anyone. Mangawise, the gender have not been confirmed and Ai and the child may both be a female. Since the child have yuuki"s bob hair that is quite a trend these day with female idols and actors like hkt48 Miyazaki Sakura,ske48 matsui jurina,akb48 Haruka shimazaki and maeda atsuko trademark hairstyle alongside girls generation hyoyeon and sooyoung.
Jul 24, 2015 3:55 AM
Jul 2015
obviouslygeeky said:
Vesperlynd said:

- The children lose their parents. And the girl is Kaname’s daughter so she’s a pureblood and will eventually lose her brother too and live through all those painful pb issues. Like having to kill herself eventually because immortality is painful. Does Aidou and co’s ‘medicine’ resolve that issue? NOPE

IA, I think cutting out those chaps would of reduced the hate towards the ending quite a bit.
Re: Kaname and his memories, looking at Yuuki's experience of being turned human you would think that turning Kaname into a human is doomed to be a bad idea eventually. But I bet that according to some magic Hino logic that it all turns ok and Kaname is happy, that was the whole point of Yuuki turning him into a human. It's illogical I know but I am sure that is what Hino intends for fans to take away from that mess.
As for the children losing their parents, well, at this stage you would assume Yuuki and Zero had lived for years and that their children have also enjoyed their parents company for a long time - parents can't live forever after all.
It's bad for Kaname's daughter as you said since she is a pureblood but perhaps she finds another pureblood to share eternity with her which reduces the loneliness. Also, I guess if Kaname does regain his memories and reverts back to being a pureblood she gets her father back lol.

Zero biological child have not been confirmed to be a male canon manga wise. Those in vampire knight wiki and myanimelist can be edit by anyone. The hairstyle the child sported is similar to the hairstyle yuuki sported when she uses Artemis to cut her hair and the child facial features are similar to the hooded woman and Sara. So the child may be a female kiryu
Aug 12, 2015 1:06 AM

Aug 2015
I just picked the series up again and re-read everything and at first I thought the ending was okay. Very bittersweet. But as more I thought about it as worse it appeared. Yuki had Kaname for only one year and most of it he was busy and not much there for her >.> What a bad plotter.
That's actually the worst and saddest for me.
If they at least would have spent some real quality time together before. Yuki just got a grasp who Kaname is - and accepted it - when he let her fall.

Who says that Zero is dead? He's drunk enough of Pureblood blood over the centuries and it's said to lengthen the life. I would believe you can feed one through eternity with that blood ^^
And from Kaname's past memories we know it can also heal. What should he have died of?
Somehow the topic about how vampires die of age (the ones that are not Pureblood) wasn't touched in that detail. The nobles would die too at some time.

If Zero really died then he got the best ending there... at the end he got the girl and even a family, which he surely didn't expect anymore after he let her go. Died with his most beloved ones around. What a win after such a hell.
If he did not die then he's fked and not only his thirst will torment him again.

If he died quite soon then Yuki was fked and sacrificing herself for Kaname was the only reason to keep going. Her children were surely old enough to live without parents by that time.

My preferred ending (after Kaname plotted himself so nicely into a corner - pld) would be Yuki and Kaname ending up as humans, with no memories but as soul mates they'd feel sympathy for each other instantly, rest takes it's natural flow.
I wonder why that Isa-something guy didn't turn him into a human, he was so eager to do it for Yuki before.

Ai could turn Kaname back into a Pureblood at any time xD And then she'd get the spanking of her lifetime - lol.

What I also dislike very much was the missing information what happened with he Hunter Association and the vampire society. After all Kaname sacrificed himself for that.
Are there quarrels still on going? Are the left Purebloods still causing nothing but pain? Who's the successor of Kaname?
Why couldn't his heart revive Kaname from his slumber when it heals eternally? It only needs to be put back. Rido recovered from much worse wounds in 10 years.

Hino def. needs to release much more chapters.
Thea: "Malik Blishtar is actually Marik Ishtar?"
Aug 14, 2015 1:33 PM
Aug 2015
i really really really am soooo unbelievably disappointed with this ending i'm upset that kaname is yet again alone with memory loss, not to mention that zero is dead i mean i would've wanted him to have a nicer ending than ending up with yuki he deserved better than her and i felt sooooooo sorry for maria who actually loved him, i mean yuki just couldn't make up her mind between zero and kaname

also kaname deserved better than her, she was a crappy fiance.

i thought i didnt like yuki in the beginning but now i just cant stand her
Aug 23, 2015 4:03 PM
Aug 2015
I had such high hopes after I finished the first chapter! Then as the whole thing started getting worse chapter by chapter! I wanted to drop the series here by chapter 30. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt and finished it.... Biggest mistake ever! The ending just sucked, I could see that it was going to suck by chapte 50, but I never thought it would suck that much. In the end, Yuuki settles for second best. Zero accepts being second best. Kaname has to live and die a third time. Who's happy here?!?
Aug 31, 2015 10:10 AM
Aug 2015
At first I thought it was a sad ending but i think again and think it's not bad. No matter what kaname have done to protect human,what he did to zero is wrong.No matter how loftier the purpose he thinks it is: to use zero to kill all the bad poorblood and protect human.He thought that he did it for a lofty reason so he can kill or sacrify anyone ,put them in suffering,as long as it help him" protect human and keep the peace between human and vampire" . Imagine if Yuki didnt exist,he would not care about Zero.He will only use him as a weapon until Zero become useless.He took away everything from Zero.He took away his family ,if he also take Yuki then it will be very unfair for Zero. He turned Zero into a vampire has made Zero suffered so much. If Yuki didnt exist,Zero will become very lonely in this world .If Yuki didnt exist,who will be the one to give blood to Zero.Or Zero had to hunt down human if his blood-lust instinct went out of control.What will happen if he become a level E ?Will Kaname give Zero his own blood? Maybe,because he needs Zero ,he needs to use him.But when he become useless,will Kaname care about Zero or he will not care and let Zero die or be hunted by vampire hunter. That's why in the end ,Kaname sacrified ,he realized his guilt,he gave Yuki for Zero .That's an appropriate behavior ,an appropriate ending.
I hope when Kaname was revived as a human,if he will ever be reawaken as a vampire,i hope he will never commit a guilt again.
hellnoooAug 31, 2015 10:16 AM
Dec 11, 2015 10:09 PM
Dec 2015
So, I know this thread is old but I felt like posting anyway since I read Vampire knight in 2013 and I still remember every excruciating detail of the whole messy series. For all those saying YuMe isn't "technically" incest because Kaname is just in her brother's vessel, sorry to say this, that's not true. While, it is true that he's her ancestor, that just means he's her great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great (I think you get the gist) grandfather. Because ancestor means Yuuki descended from him, thus, Kaname's soul is the soul of her grandfather! Um... Ew?? I mean seriously that's gross! That's why I never liked YuMe after THAT poor excuse of a plot twist. However, I am not a Zeki shipper either.

In the manga, and even sometimes the anime, Yuuki flip flopped SO MUCH. And it seemed like after she woke up and became a pureblood and started having to choose between Kaname and Zero, she was all sad and not herself. To be honest, I liked Yuuki at one point. She was cute and happy, but then, after she started dating Kaname and "loving" Zero, she always seemed sad or acted like she didn't know what to say or do. She wasn't the Yuuki some of us fandom actually found tolerable. In the manga, it seemed like she could only be herself around Aidou. And thus, I ship Yuuki and Aidou. I know it's strange, but come on guys, at least say you get where I'm coming from.

As for the ending, I was so pissed. Zero was TOTALLY a replacement. And, it felt like she just dated him out of pity. Even in the manga she just said "He's brought me a lot of happiness" (something like that) She didn't say she truly loved him through those 1000 years. At least, not that I can remember. Honestly she should have just left Zero alone after that. Zero could have found another girl, I would have loved that! Or hell, he could have changed to liking guys and go be gay with Kaito. I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT WAYY MORE THAT WHATEVER TRASH THIS ENDING WAS.

Vampire knight had a good plot, it was interesting and engaging and pretty unique, but boy did Hino screw it up with the character's illogical actions and emotions. Seriously, Yuuki is the reason I now hate VK. Agree or not, this mess would have been better off as a straight action anime where Zero is the lead or as a Yaoi lol XD

Overall, I will most definitely not be re-reading this or re-watching. In two years I have never returned and I don't plan to.

Honestly, Ichiru was my favorite character. He was chill. Zero and Kaname, though I love them, they were just real stupid sometimes.

Don't even get me started on my loathing hatred for Yuukk.
Jan 23, 2016 11:13 PM
Jan 2016
Not going to go very into the details, but I loved the manga in the beginning. The plot was interesting and well thought out. I was alittle weirded out by the incest...so I investigated Yuuki and (i'm so mad I can't even remember his name, Kanama.....) just to see if i should continue reading the manga! I didn't think it was too bad that the guy wasn't 'actually' her brother, and I mean at least they are vampires (not that I condone incest). I soon discovered that Kido was going to remain the man baddie in the manga. Boy was I wrong. Everything just went downhill.

Hated the ending. I cried like a baby, but out of frustration. Seems like the author wanted to please both shipping groups... Yuuki's first fiance acted like Bill from True Blood. I just might have sour feelings, but I hate Yuuki so much.
Jan 29, 2016 4:12 AM
Jan 2016
I have loved the anime of this story. I have been a spectator waiting for the new chapter to come. I love this story. But the ENDING IS SO DUMB. At first it was good, one of my favorites i could say. Then, in the middle, it started to get twisted with Kaname's crazy heroic sense. Then it became confusing and the author should have at least compensated with a good ending. 😩😩

So Kaname sacrificed himself, fine. BUT HE DIDN'T EXACTLY DIED. So there was hope in there, somewhere. Yuki failed to function without KANAME, it just shows how much she loves him. Didn't even bat an eye because of Zero's feelings. The only thing that made her want to live again is her child WITH KANAME. She went away until the child was born, then she came back and hooked up with Zero, with Zero knowing he was just a replacement. WHATTHE. How do you think Zero would feel? Is he a F*UCKING SAINT TO BE A MARTYR? Fine, then years passed Zero died. She went were Kaname was resting and SACRIFICED HERSELF? I mean, that was the chance for them to be happy. Why not search for another pureblood who wants to die and make the sacrifice instead (like the guy who was supposed to turn Yuki into a human?). And then she could FUCKING USE THE MEDICINE THEY DISCOVERED AND LIVE A HUMAN LIFE WITH HIM INSTEAD OF DYING THE DAY KANAME WAS REVIVED AND LEAVING A MESSAGE SAYING, "I want to give to you, WHOM I (F*CKING) LOVE, the world that I saw when I was a human. SHE COULD HAVE SHOWN HIM PERSONALLY. LIVE WITH HIM AND BE HAPPY. Fulfill what she dreamt about, Kaname smiling while holding a (their new, please!) baby under the sun. But in the end, she had to die in order for the story to be tragic. It could have been a happy ending. 😐😐
Apr 5, 2016 7:24 AM
Apr 2016
Idk I liked the ending because I ship both zeki and yume and I liked how both guys fucked yuuki....

I give it 69/10

GG Hino

Lol bye

Btw that was one hell of a happy ending
Apr 24, 2016 3:56 AM
Apr 2016
Ok so I'm pretty obsessed with this story for awhile ive read and watched it over and over throughout the years I just finished it again, I always go back and forth on who I root for between Kaname and Zero I just love them both Same with Yukki I can't hate her for any of her actions I will say the ending was very sad and unfulfilling. I hate that its over and has been for years. its a story I wished would keep going, I wish the story was more depth with Zero and Yukki relationship after Kaname is out of the picture, the ups and downs and just to see how their love had grew when children were added to the mix. I'm not to sad for kaname, even though he has no memory he has her kids to inform on the the years he has been away.about the happieness he provided Yukki with giving her to zero which was inevitable but givng her a life he never could and he now has a fresh start to a happy human life but sadly without yukki I feel the children will fill the void of Yukkis sacrifice and he will experience a life with way less sadness and agony. I'm sad that zero dies in the first place even though he is half vampire he still a vampire and I never saw deathe for him, I imagine yukki and zero life being filled with the immense love and happieness they always longed for. I'm glad t make my contribution to this story I love. hopefully this forum so old I don't catch any flak for this lol
Jun 29, 2016 1:53 PM
Jun 2016
so i've noticed the reactions here, and i'm kinda confused... almost the same thing happened in the end of the divergent series, and everyone was fiiiine; it was a sacrifice that made a great ending... but when it happens in this its a horror? don't get me wrong this ending pretty much ruined the series for me but still! i can't ignore the hypocrisy here... also i just wish they choose one of the people to live with, maybe the other pureblood who was gonna change Yuki could change Kaname and then everyone could live happily ever after Yuki with Zero watching over Kaname living a human life without any memories and everyone can live happily ever after... also the salt on this page is enough to compete with the Dead Sea, dear god.
Aug 3, 2016 5:45 AM
Aug 2016
I think the ending was quite beautiful. It's not like Kaname just knocked up sister and left forever. If you paid attention they weren't siblings, he was her ancestor. And it was hard for Yukki to be in love with two people. She had an obligation to be with Kaname because she was a pureblood and always has strong feeling for him because he saved her life. As for Zero, Yukki and Zero had a bond totally different from that of her and Kaname. Yukki was with Zero even at his lowest points and always tried for him to the best of her ability. I think the ending was perfect because she got have the chance to have a child with both of the men she loved. If you think Yukki was a slut then you're an idiot. I don't think I could I have chosen between the two if I was in her position. Kaname even said Yukki and Zero should be together before he threw his heart into the furnace, besides that it still took over 50years for to get with Zero! The fact that Zero and Yukki both died at same time so Kaname could have a chance at happiness is beautiful in its own way.
Sep 11, 2016 12:28 AM
Sep 2016
She left her kids with Kaname, and all Kaname remembered was one memory of her. But he doesn't know that she was his lover. He loved both the children and even said that 'half of each of you comes from a person I loved'.
Oct 4, 2016 1:40 AM
Jul 2016
Everything in the end was all crap. Yuuki was such a jerk and Zero was like a desperate old man. I ship Zero and Yuuki, but d#mn that was so low. Yuuki, sleeping with Kaname and bearing his child, Yori pushing Zero and Yuuki to be together, drinking each others blood, live together, and they sleep together and also bearing Zero's child, it was almost perfect but Zero died protecting Yuuki and the child and devoured Zero, then Yuuki revived Kaname into human with her life in the front of her children saying the man who he love in the world, I wonder how Ren would feel? I feel so sorry for Zero his character had so much tragic, he lost his family because of Kaname, becoming a vampire and also loving someone who loves Kaname, his rival and the root of his all suffering. He deserve better by just being a tool and a love substitute.
Jan 16, 2017 3:01 PM
Dec 2016
FML, Zero never truly got a "happy ending"

At least he died knowing that Ren (loves him) and that Yuuki (Somewhat loves him? Lmfao Fuck her)
Mar 1, 2017 12:11 PM
Mar 2017
Mais je ne comprend pas zero il meurt comment c'est un vampire nn et dans qu'elle chapitre !!!!!??????????
Oct 28, 2018 10:29 AM
Dec 2010
koko_popk said:
Mais je ne comprend pas zero il meurt comment c'est un vampire nn et dans qu'elle chapitre !!!!!??????????

Dans l'épilogue.
Mar 19, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2011
Ah hah. I'm thirsty for more chapters.

Story concept was good (after mentally preparing myself with spoilers), but execution was too compressed/quick to flesh out properly. Things happened at a 2fast2furious pace. Timeskips could've been complimented by few memorial chapters or scenes, not just different hairstyles. Was initially expecting the series to pace out like DGM or Kuroshitsuji, but Hino must've been eager to finish her vampire concept, maybe lost interest in thinking about it. First chapters were best though, lots of experimenting and variety in wardrobe.
Noncritically, it's a memorable series. First and fav manga.

Aug 17, 2020 9:43 PM
Mar 2014
All i can say is I've lost hope. Hino sensei had no regard for Zero and treated him like shit. He was merely a replacement for Yuki and even then when he died Yuki goes and takes her life to revive Kaname leaving the kids behind. This person is so full of themselves my god it isn't even funny
Oct 2, 2020 3:16 AM
Jul 2014
one of the worst stories i ever read in life
Aug 19, 2021 3:06 PM

May 2010
Eh, I'm not THAT disappointed honestly. I kinda expected Kaname to die or sacrifice himself *because reasons* at the end, but had no idea what would author do to Yuki - kill them both, let them live by themselves in solitude? Apparently no, I guess impregnating her to bear one child, immidiately afterwards making her stay with Zero and have another child with him (so both of her lovers can get equal treatment, I guess??) and THEN letting her die to bring back Kaname was a better idea, huh.

I mean, Zero is way hotter better anyway, and Yuki spend 1000 years with him and their little family, which is quite a lot, even after his death she wasn't just happily reunited with Kaname, just brought him back to life sacrificing herself... so it's not THAT terrible. It's more that all this shouldn't be crammed into like 5 pages, because it's hard to follow and make sense of it. Oh welp, hopefully the spin-off series improves this kind of ending.

Other than that I honestly had a lot of fun reading this series - sure, this is just manga version of Twilight with some bizzare incesteous undertones and a lot of cheesy dialogue - but the artstyle was pretty, action scenes easy to follow, and some of the storylines had me engaged. Not my favourite shoujo series, but I'm not gonna hate on it or anything. 7/10
Feb 8, 2022 7:15 PM
Feb 2022
I too agree that the ending was kind of bad .even though i felt bad for kaname , i felt more bad for zero , because later it is revealed that even yuki and zero started a relationship after almost 5 decades , she still thought of kaname and dreamed about the day that he would be reunited with her and her daughter , she still thought of him even when she was holding hands with zero .HE should have fallen in love with a normal human instead of yuki who loved him but would choose kaname over him at any time or day even after 1000 years .. but if she was able to remove his memories and leave him with humans , he would have had a better ending .Also ,zero daughter was born after 60 years after kanames slumber
Feb 8, 2022 7:15 PM
Feb 2022
I too agree that the ending was kind of bad .even though i felt bad for kaname , i felt more bad for zero , because later it is revealed that even yuki and zero started a relationship after almost 5 decades , she still thought of kaname and dreamed about the day that he would be reunited with her and her daughter , she still thought of him even when she was holding hands with zero .HE should have fallen in love with a normal human instead of yuki who loved him but would choose kaname over him at any time or day even after 1000 years .. but if she was able to remove his memories and leave him with humans , he would have had a better ending .Also ,zero daughter was born after 60 years after kanames slumber
Feb 8, 2022 7:18 PM
Feb 2022
Mgst123 said:
Everything in the end was all crap. Yuuki was such a jerk and Zero was like a desperate old man. I ship Zero and Yuuki, but d#mn that was so low. Yuuki, sleeping with Kaname and bearing his child, Yori pushing Zero and Yuuki to be together, drinking each others blood, live together, and they sleep together and also bearing Zero's child, it was almost perfect but Zero died protecting Yuuki and the child and devoured Zero, then Yuuki revived Kaname into human with her life in the front of her children saying the man who he love in the world, I wonder how Ren would feel? I feel so sorry for Zero his character had so much tragic, he lost his family because of Kaname, becoming a vampire and also loving someone who loves Kaname, his rival and the root of his all suffering. He deserve better by just being a tool and a love substitute.
Actually ren knew a lot about him since yuki talked about him a lot
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.