Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 24, 2013 9:15 AM
May 2013
HayasakaShion said:
LittleStar said:
I need vampire who erase my memories about Vampire Knight.

Call me if you find him. Tell him I need a biiiiiiiiig dose. XD

cant believe i wasted 9 beautiful yrs of my life to get this conclusion T_T
Hino sensei, you're really failed !
pinkmothMay 24, 2013 9:19 AM
May 24, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
The worst part was that Kaname gave his blessing to Yuuki and Zero so she wouldn't suffer alone, also, if it wasn't for that she would choose to be alone. To think that for a time this serie was so important to me and that I used to ship Yuuki and Zero so much...now I hate her.
May 24, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2009
Disliked Yuki to the end, how disappointing for Zero to end up being her rebound guy.
But hey a glimpse of Shiki x Rima, that's something at least.

Pretty rubbish all in all, only ever kept interest because or Zero and Shiki.

May 24, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2010
I liked the beginning but later it went downhill. I did expect a terrible ending.

I hope the author's next work will be better.
May 24, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
And what about Zero? Why didn't he changed to Level E?O_o
Am I missing something?
May 24, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2008
I was so disappointed with the ending!! This was a brilliant manga and had like the worst possible ending! I mean nothing was properly explained. It was all left for guessing.

Oh and wtf was that about, Zero becoming only a second best replacement for Kaname? So disappointing.
ElwingMay 24, 2013 12:00 PM
May 24, 2013 2:37 PM
Mar 2013
MillaMaxwell said:
I liked the beginning but later it went downhill. I did expect a terrible ending.

I hope the author's next work will be better.

I agree. This manga was really great at the beginning, but slowly it's getting worse. And somehow I expect a terrible ending, too.

The ending is such a dissapointment :(

I feel like all these 8 years spent following this series is gone to a waste. How awful..
dollprincessMay 27, 2013 6:19 AM
May 24, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
The truth about the end ...

Zeki, Yume .. or whatever you call it, it didn’t happen… Kaname is going to take a nap… Yuuki decides to stay with Zero, has sex with him, she already had sex with Kaname, Zero had to have his turn ok, poor guy… she’s a bitch after all… then she has two childrens… Zero dies, she decides remember Kaname who still sleeping, after all, Zero died… she also decides to die, to make Kaname a human… WTF… Kaname awakens with no memories… thank God, at least Kaname had a happy ending, after all he will not remember about that bitch and everything… and Zero, I feel sorry for him but he had his good moments too and was happy for a while… if you didn’t understand the end, in the end, two die, one wakes up… only that… Hino “trolled” everyone… I don't understand how people might have liked it. This is bizarre… of course, she made it sound romantic to you… If you don’t read Meru Puri yet, go and read it … It is her best work, not Vampire Knight. I’ve read many Shoujos, but I never saw such a slut heroine like this… LOL… now Vampire Knight is over… I’m so happy!
english isn't my native language... ;)
May 24, 2013 6:42 PM
May 2013
Gal3riel said:
What happen to the cold badass zero ????? he ended up beeing used till the very end and he seemd so desperate ending up like a substitue for "THAT GIRL" D: total disapointmet...it took 9 years to do sunch a great manga....ruined in the last chapter...yeah great job

i love Zeki but i think you're right! he deserved to be with someone who loved him whole heartedly
May 24, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2012
pinkmoth said:
HayasakaShion said:
LittleStar said:
I need vampire who erase my memories about Vampire Knight.

Call me if you find him. Tell him I need a biiiiiiiiig dose. XD

cant believe i wasted 9 beautiful yrs of my life to get this conclusion T_T
Hino sensei, you're really failed !

I need one too. Hino trolled us in an epic way.
SO MANY YEARS READING THIS MANGA TO FINALLY GET THE ENDING AND WHAT DO I RECEIVE? THIS! AGH, I'm so mad!
May 24, 2013 8:55 PM

Feb 2011
RealExtinction said:
Lalalandzz said:

"The long and endless journey, you who existed for the sake of Zero's happiness, Kaname's peace and Yuuki's death, may your thirst for these desires be quenched." LOL

I needed to quote this and say how much it made me laugh. Kudos to ya (and the entire comment, of course)!XDD

LOL! Guys, okay, I can see a lot of people here hates Yuuki to the core, but, in my vision, she´s no slut just because she slept with both.
( She can be hated for other things, i don´t really care anymore (¬.¬''') )

I think that, if in 1000 years, she dind´t love anybody else, then THIS would be strange.

It´s like, her first crush "dies", and mostly, HIM himself said that he would give up Yuuki....

...So, i don´t see why she can´t love another person, it´s not like everybody loves just one person for life.AND we are talking about a 1000 years span, AND THAT´S HELL TOO MUCH TIME.Zero lived plenty,him dying is justified, there´s no but here u.ú.

I think, what made THIS HORRIBLY CONFUSING END, it´s the damn fact IT WAS ALL IN JUST 1 FUC%¨&ING CHAPTER!? I MEAN... damn woman, couldn´t you write 2 or 3 more explained chapters? you have made many more bad chapters, at least THE 3 LAST you could have made better, and we wouldn´t care for the other 30 bad written ones!

This is the firts time i see someone actually "do" the everlasting rivals in fandom have a final happy end.
Although it didn´t quite worked but, she had the guts to try a new hole type of conclusion that EVERYBODY knows it will go wrong.
But she got guts, respect that u.u

P.s:

I expect her next project to have a better end, really do.
MeruPuri was good.
VK was HALF GOOD.AND i mean the first half.
Chibi-wolf-10May 24, 2013 8:58 PM
May 24, 2013 10:40 PM
Aug 2012
A sad case of a mangaka determined to give everyone a "good" ending.
May 25, 2013 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
HikaruIzumi said:
And don't get me started about those children. Did they really live thinking of Kaname as their "other" father? It feels so wrong not just for Zero but also for them. I really can't imagine what their life was like thinking that their mother lived with their father because her number 1 told her to while dying. And it as hell looks like they know. They could learn about it in one conversation. "And that was Kaname, your other father." "But mommy why did you get together with daddy, then?" "Well... you see..." They HAD TO learn about it. O_o WHAT THE HELL HINO? o_O I'm really rendered speechless. Seriously, my habit of THINKING abut what I read is driving me crazy at this point. I have to stop. I... I... I guess I'll go drink something, some alcohol to make me forget. Some VERY hard alcohol.

Not going to address the shippy stuff because even if you aren't into Yume anymore I think you read the manga with a Yume bias :P

Anyway: the kids, while I think it was sad for them that Yuuki died I don't think it would of scarred them for life, it was not a horrifying death. Unlike when Yuuki's mother died, Yuuki appeared to pass away in a peaceful way, we see no blood, Kaname didn't look distressed when he woke up, nor did the kids when they spoke to him.

One of the major themes of the manga is that being is pureblood is a curse because their lives are endless. Kaname wanted to die because he got sick of living because his life had been so long (and for a large part, lonely). A thousand nights has been referenced in the manga before; it refers to eternal pureblood life and Yuuki dies after a thousand years, I doubt this is a coincidence. Using her life to give Kaname a second chance at a normal, human life wasn't just a gift to Kaname it was also the way for Yuuki end her life in a meaningful way since she could not die of a natural cause, just like Isaya wanted to give his life in a meaningful way by turning Yuuki into a human when Kaname asked.

Of course, there are problems: is Yuuki's daughter Kaname's child meaning that she would be a pureblood + if Kaname ever gets his memories back will he revert back to being a pureblood.
May 25, 2013 3:07 AM
May 2013
Why did zero died? I know he is a vampire and he can drink yuki's blood to avoid starvation.
May 25, 2013 4:30 AM
May 2013
HayasakaShion said:
F***.

That was totally my response to this chapter...

I mean, I guess it started out okay, my hopes actually started to rise, until it turned into a shitball. I mean, alright, I actually managed to feel some sympathy for Kaname, until he was like, "I want you two to be together." WTF, man? The girl whose cherry you just popped is sobbing manically because you're dying, and you're telling her to BE WITH ANOTHER GUY???

And then, Zero saying, "Say you'll go with me," was totally, completely out of character. Zero would NEVER do anything of the sort!!! He is the kind of guy who understands, and I KNOW he would not be rushing to grab Yuuki once her love-of-life *rolls eyes* was dead -_- In fact, I'm positive he would have waited!!!

So yeah, the ending, too, was crap. Even though it is a consolation that Zero was actually HAPPY (seriously, the guy had some peace of mind REALLY overdue) at the end, I was still not satisfied with the ending! The whole PURPOSE of Kaname's life was protecting Yuuki. I don't think he'd be too happy to know what she did. Especially since there is a chance that Kaname will start out his human life with no memories, we might even have a repeat of all the stuff that Yuuki did!

Anyone up for VK 2? Just don't forget to bring your barf-bowls. We'll provide the tranquilizers.

this. is. gold.
i agree! i was happy that she was "with" zero but it was completely out of his character to do that!
May 25, 2013 5:19 AM

Apr 2013
shormai said:
Why did zero died? I know he is a vampire and he can drink yuki's blood to avoid starvation.

Because he isn't a pureblood vampire. Only pureblood vampires can live for eternity. (Remember that he's an ex-human who turned into a vampire)
May 25, 2013 5:51 AM
Jan 2013
I don't even know where the freaking hell to begin. I guess.. I'm... in shock? I have been a YuMe fan since....................forever.. Okay since like chapter 36? It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

So you mean to tell me I've devoted years of following this series to see Kaname bow out of their true love (for no fucking reason, what, depression? There's meds for that Kaname *sigh*) and her to end up with the guy she's constantly placed as second in her heart since chapter 1?

This ending is beyond wrong. I'm just..... thoroughly disappointed. It's left a sour taste in my mouth. And the only thought I'm left to amuse myself with is if after some time of Kaname being without memories of his past he comes to love living again and the only thing able to wake him being the blood of his daughter...and then there is the problem of two Kuran pure bloods left with eternity .........

OH MY GOD, HE'S GOING TO END UP WITH HIS DAUGHTER.

Seriously. RIP manga ending with good plot, this is right up there with Death Note in my eyes.

P.S. somebody shoot me in the face please.
Kaname_NAMay 25, 2013 6:00 AM
May 25, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
I've read the whole chapter..

I honestly didn't like the ending.. Yuuki hooked up with Zero because Kaname wasn't there.. I like Zero but I didn't like his desperation to have Yuuki. I wonder if he's insensitive or not, he should've felt that he is only a replacement for Kaname. He deserves waaaaaay better than that Yuuki but if that what makes him happy (w/c is true), so be it.

just wanna ask,
are those two kids Yuuki and Zero's children??? or is one from Kaname and one from Zero?? It's just that it was never told in the manga.. but I think,
it's Zero's and Yuuki..
May 25, 2013 10:08 AM
May 2013
So Zero died because he is not pureblood and cant live forever. How about vampires of the night class like aidou? They are not pureblood as well
May 25, 2013 10:10 AM

Mar 2011
Kaname_NA said:
and her to end up with the guy she's constantly placed as second in her heart since chapter 1?

Lololol, okay then.
May 25, 2013 11:16 AM
Jan 2013
shormai said:
So Zero died because he is not pureblood and cant live forever. How about vampires of the night class like aidou? They are not pureblood as well

He's of the noble class, they last a lot longer than a human turned vampire. But not an eternity the way purebloods can. Maybe a few thousand years?
May 25, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2013
Why do people convince themselves that Yuuki was miserable, pining away for Kaname for 1000 years? Totally ignoring the fact that Yuuki never truly made Kaname happy (always jealous and possessive, half of her heart was not enough) and Kaname never made Yuuki happy (always feeling guilty and like she wasn't good enough.

The year Kaname and Yuuki spent together was miserable. She was starving for Zero's blood. She kept promising over and over and over that Kaname was the only one and she would spend eternity with him. She even desperately asked him why he never erased her memories of Zero. She felt she didn't deserve Kaname because she was always and would always be in love with Zero because he took that away from her.

I know that the mangaka doesn't care enough about Zero or Yuuki to show their life together, but she did indicate that they were happy together. She did have Kaname say that Yuuki was dazzling as a human, you know when she was with Zero, and that her radiance made him realize that she should be with Zero.

Yuuki was happy for 1000 years without Kaname. Period. End of story. She married, she raised a family, and she was not pining after him for an era. She came to him at the end because she still treasured their past and wanted him to be able to move on as well... and because the mangaka refuses to just let this character die.
May 25, 2013 12:51 PM
Mar 2013
mixordia said:
If you don’t read Meru Puri yet, go and read it … It is her best work, not Vampire Knight. now Vampire Knight is over… I’m so happy!

I think Meru Puri is indeed her best work so far in my opinion too. VK was great at first until the half of the series, though..
May 25, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2013
The girl in MeruPuri is dating a 12 year old, though. It may be her best manga but it is weird as hell.

It is still better than being engaged to your ancestor who is living in your dead brother's body. That's double the incest and double the grossness. I gag every time Vampire Knight has scenes of a 10,000 year old perving on a little toddler girl.

He really fell for a love declaration from a 3 year old.
May 25, 2013 2:27 PM

Jan 2012
I wasn't expecting a very great ending since the story itself had lost its lot of strength in between. Well I think everyone had their shares of happy times in the end....after that what will going to happen is upto our imagination and understanding but I'm not a very huge VK fan to get obsess over their future..>.<
May 25, 2013 6:08 PM
May 2013
sooooo.... just finished reading the last chapter and wtf....as i browsed through this forum i started to have differing opinions and stuff....but seriously...i read this manga when it first came out and that was when I also just started reading manga/watching anime/just getting into japanese stuff...so for like what 8 years? I've been reading this manga and soon it became my favorite manga until it started going downhill towards the middle-end, then i moved on but the art always captivated me even if the story started to suck with the weak heroine. but vampire knight will always be special to me because of my long history with it and because for the first half it was my absolute favorite manga and at one point i lived for it every month...to those of you guys who have followed Sagakure when she was still active, didn't she make the manga more interesting and she also pointed out little details i would have never noticed and made me appreciate matsuri hino even more.....i just wish she could cover this last chapter even if she went on eternal hiatus...

anyways onto this chapter....i guess i agree with you guys who say that this was a better than expected ending for vampire knight by hino matsuri since the backbone of the series was unraveling too fast for her to bind everything together in ONE chapter. although i feel like it sucks as an ending in general because ok zero pretty much broke character and he would NOT have been this needy and sudden and out of character if it weren't for the limited space of the writing, he would have waited. and yeah he basically became a substitute which sucks cuz i was actually thinking it would be better for him to go with another girl since in the end yuuki never seemed to really love him and i dont know why since in the beginning of the novel even with her liking kaname she still showed more love for zero than the reluctance at the end of the novel. wow and to think i was never a zeki fan but at the end i was like, idc who yuuki is with anymore cuz she sucks and the one without her would have a better life LOL and the manga was driving me crazy with its turns that i was like ok i dont care what happens, zero led a sad life so give him something to be happy about even if it is yuuki...and for kaname just keep him safe and alive and im happy, i have no more expectations.
and dont even get me on kaname's case...so ive been a yume fan since the beginning to end (tho if it didnt end yume i was ok with it cuz at this point i had no F's to give and just need enough to keep myself from flipping my desk) to those who talk about kaname being a memory-less father with two children to take care of...doesnt it remind you of that true story of sleeping beauty by the Brothers Grimm or someone else where the princess is actually raped by the prince and wakes up to two children? it's like kaname is the sleeping beauty (which he is, in his ice coffin LOL) and then he wakes up to two children....and wow how is he supposed to accept two strangers into his life, and he's supposed to have turned back into acting like a baby without knowing how to even talk, so the ending doesnt make sense unless the new method that aidou found was able to prevent kaname from going back memory-lessness and that the "magic method" is able to fill in plotholes like preventing kaname from regaining his memories in the future etc. wow magical ending -____- and wayyy too rushed, i even thought it was better for kaname to not live again since it would be so lonely for him but i guess as people have said, he at least gets a second chance at life while forgetting all the freakin torture he went through in his past lives from loneliness, self-hate, self-sacrifice etc.... and i guess this is ok as an alternative to a yume ending (maybe indirect yume?) and i feel like those children (although they both looked like girls at first)...one is kaname's and one is zero's, it would be matsuri hino's way of satisfying both fandoms and also makes sense cuz of the random love scene between kaname and yuuki which i disliked (because it didnt feel right being all rushed, i would rather not have it there as well to preserve the semi-purity of their love and because this is a freakin shoujo manga) and also the girl could be a pureblood and thats why she doesnt age and looks around the age of the guy even if he could have been born much later
so basically the only good thing about this ending is that everyone has now come together to bash on the ending instead of one pairing or another which was really sad cuz throughout the whole manga people have said really mean things about both zero and kaname and i feel like both were really good (and was a kaname fan all the way too) and wow there seems like a sudden emergence of kaname fans who wish him well with his new life which makes me happy and makes it seem like he didnt have too much of a tragic ending after all cuz he gets to forget the trash plot that happened after the middle....and at least zero was happy in his own way even if ppl say he was only a substitute so win win i guess with everyone hating on vk the manga itself in the end LOL and to those who talk of the third love triangle with kaname, his daughter and zero's son....WTF is with this theory, its like you guys have never even read this manga because then you would know kaname is not like that (to his own daughter!?!?!? kaname and yuuki were basically different generations and kaname keeps reincarnating so i would describe their love as those in mangas where the heroine falls in love with a close family friend or a not actually related brother and even zero seems like a closer brother figure than kaname to yuuki...and yuuki's parents were siblings not that i approve but it goes with the pureblood thing hino set up so i guess this way must be accepted for this manga only but in no way does the tradition span to cover father daughter!!! that is just pushing beyond the boundaries of moral acceptability lol) and yes as someone on this forum said, zero would definitely be rolling in his grave then. JUST NO that is NOT a possibility at ALL or else I will declare the mangaka officially crazy...but yeah about that vampire who can erase our memories of this manga, he or she would be handy right now...and umm where is that translating group's psychiatric ward? also i want to request for them to take me to japan too to have a word with the mangaka -_____- well anyways now...i will see if hino matsuri has any new manga in the future because her art cannot be passed up but man this vampire knight...just too many twists and turns even with this ending...i feel restless and idk, she should make a side story or something, too many things left unexplained and uncertain...and just...UGGHH idk too much angst, good bye vampire knight, idk if i will ever want to reread you, but you were my favorite at one time....
memoribiliaMay 25, 2013 6:22 PM
May 25, 2013 6:41 PM

Jun 2009
SayNOtoIncest said:
Why do people convince themselves that Yuuki was miserable, pining away for Kaname for 1000 years? Totally ignoring the fact that Yuuki never truly made Kaname happy (always jealous and possessive, half of her heart was not enough) and Kaname never made Yuuki happy (always feeling guilty and like she wasn't good enough.

The year Kaname and Yuuki spent together was miserable. She was starving for Zero's blood. She kept promising over and over and over that Kaname was the only one and she would spend eternity with him. She even desperately asked him why he never erased her memories of Zero. She felt she didn't deserve Kaname because she was always and would always be in love with Zero because he took that away from her.

I know that the mangaka doesn't care enough about Zero or Yuuki to show their life together, but she did indicate that they were happy together. She did have Kaname say that Yuuki was dazzling as a human, you know when she was with Zero, and that her radiance made him realize that she should be with Zero.

Yuuki was happy for 1000 years without Kaname. Period. End of story. She married, she raised a family, and she was not pining after him for an era. She came to him at the end because she still treasured their past and wanted him to be able to move on as well... and because the mangaka refuses to just let this character die.

IA with everything you said. Basically the only reason people convince themselves that Zero is a substitute is because they want to be in denial about the fact that Yuuki loved both guys and did in fact end up happily with one of them. Yuuki loved Kaname but he wasn't the right choice for her, and Kaname KNEW he wasn't good for her, I am very sure that is one of the reasons he pushed her towards Zero, he knew Zero was better for her. We get to see that Yuuki still cared about Kaname - she mourns him, which she would do for anyone but to say she spent years obsessing over him and never got over him is a stretch (someone said it earlier on the thread) because even though I am sure she would of visited him during the thousand year period this isn't mentioned or shown, the mentions of Kaname are just about Kaname, not Yume. If Kaname had truly been the only person for Yuuki she would of never 'settled' for another guy, she would of stayed true to Kaname and never moved on. What happened instead was that she always remembered Kaname but moved on with a guy she was in love with, got married, raised kids and lived a full life. She says she was happy. I know people get irritated that Zero said he wouldn't wait for Yuuki but he knows what Yuuki is like and he knows her feelings towards him - he has drunk her blood, he knows that she loves him (the kiss at the ball and the scenes before, during and after her taking Zero's memories show this) and that Yuuki, like him, needs to stop hiding from her feelings. That is why he makes the fervent declaration he does, it's because he knows if he waits Yuuki will either waste years or never confront her feelings due to guilt over what happened to Kaname.
obviouslygeekyMay 25, 2013 8:27 PM
May 25, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2010
obviouslygeeky said:
SayNOtoIncest said:

IA with everything you said. Basically the only reason people convince themselves that Zero is a substitute is because they want to be in denial about the fact that Yuuki loved both guys and did in fact end up happily with one of them. Yuuki loved Kaname but he wasn't the right choice for her, and Kaname KNEW he wasn't good for her, I am very sure that is one of the reasons he pushed her towards Zero, he knew Zero was better for her. We get to see that Yuuki still cared about Kaname - she mourns him, which she would do for anyone but to say she spent years obsessing over him and never got over him is a stretch (someone said it earlier on the thread) because even though I am sure she would of visited him during the thousand year period he isn't even mentioned, the only mention of Kaname until Yuuki goes to awaken him is that Aido discovers his research and that Kaname has been preserved in the ice. If Kaname had truly been the only person for Yuuki she would of never 'settled' for another guy, she would of stayed true to Kaname and never moved on. What happened instead was that she always remembered Kaname but moved on with a guy she was in love with, got married, raised kids and lived a full life. She says she was happy. I know people get irritated that Zero said he wouldn't wait for Yuuki but he knows what Yuuki is like and he knows her feelings towards him - he has drunk her blood, he knows that she loves him (the kiss at the ball and the scenes before, during and after her taking Zero's memories show this) and that Yuuki, like him, needs to stop hiding from her feelings. That is why he makes the fervent declaration he does, it's because he knows if he waits Yuuki will either waste years or never confront her feelings due to guilt over what happened to Kaname.

True Yuuki moved on and this chapter showed a lot of it. The love ,the kids,she lived her life until Zero's last breath .i for one am glad she spent more years with Zero than Kaname, that's all I ever asked for ,from the author.
Kanama live your life now.
I hope there's season 3 of this I need alternate endings or OVA's
May 25, 2013 7:36 PM
May 2013
ok so i looked around and apparently matsuri hino wrote a letter to her characters? Rikson on mangafox's thread quoted someone from LJ

"Love letter activities with letter published:
Kaname sama~ part picked out ~

Think of your heart will feel the pain. I pray many times can be a world of happiness, warmth, you can add color in the world for you ... Even though I know I don't have enough strength, can't be your light. My heart, my body, until the last drop of blood in my body, are you. I can't get addicted to your existence. Your presence is my happiness. I love you. I hope that this letter can touch your heart.

Reply:
Nigerian authorities, I think I am very gentle, you are really gentle woman. Thank you letter full of care.
Kuran Kaname

Zero~ part picked out ~
My greatest wish was to Zero to be happy. I want you to be happy. Even for you it is very difficult to do, and I believe that one day you can smile. So, please be with Yuuki. I think that Zero must be most like when Yuuki around Zero. I was jealous of Yuuki. Could be close to Zero, can be valued. However, as expected, is still hoping next to Zero Yuuki. Like Zero. Therefore, please become happy. Smile, please. Please go. Please do not be imprisoned by the past, live in the moment. Frankly face himself.

Reply:
Shizuka
Actually was supposed to communicate face to face, thank you.
Your Word, I'll take to heart.
Kiryuu Zero"

i think these are hino matsuri's thoughts to her characters..so basically the ending is this:
hino matsurixkaname
yuukixzero
indirect yuukixkaname too to satisfy both randoms
but mainly the open ending (with kaname's open future) and yuuki sacrificing herself means that hino gets kaname to herself now...nice going hino matsuri, kaname's number one fan LOL so yeah basically happy ever after for the author XDDD
again credits to the post on MF and LJ and for their translation of hino matsuri's words!!
May 25, 2013 8:31 PM

Dec 2011
I waited so long for this chapter and this is what i get! I'm pissed. From the very beginning i was a zeki fan, so i automatically didn't like kaname. Hino senpai should have extended into more chapters. I feel like she kinda rushed it and tried to fit everything in the last chapter. But overall i really enjoyed Vampire Knight.
May 25, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
memoribilia said:
ok so
i think these are hino matsuri's thoughts to her characters..so basically the ending is this:
hino matsurixkaname
yuukixzero
indirect yuukixkaname too to satisfy both randoms
but mainly the open ending (with kaname's open future) and yuuki sacrificing herself means that hino gets kaname to herself now...nice going hino matsuri, kaname's number one fan LOL so yeah basically happy ever after for the author XDDD
again credits to the post on MF and LJ and for their translation of hino matsuri's words!!

I've known for awhile Hino was biased, I'm glad she admitted it. Though as a Zero fan, it should be an apology IMHO! I don't think authors should play favorites! You can't tell a story that way. All characters have motivations and reason's behind there actions. When you are the one telling the story, there is a small part of yourself that has to justify those actions. Its like acting which is just a different medium of telling a story. If an actor is playing a character and can't justify their character doing something, its not gonna be convincing. She really does need to stick to drawing!
viciousgirlMay 26, 2013 2:46 PM
May 25, 2013 11:26 PM
Aug 2012
Well kaname is Hino's favorite character( so me^^)
Hino wanted to satisfy both fandoms, living her life with zero( zero begging for it! ) and sacrificing it to " the person whom I love" .

even though she said" I received alot of happiness from zero" she sounds to me sad.

like poor zero is a second choice but even kaname wanted him to be happy and regardless to whatever we all know zero's happiness means = yuki.

after really hating yuki for a long time she finally atone by sacrificing her own life for kaname, it only shows how much yuki loves him..she didn't sacrificed it for zero nor her kids.
her last line concealed everything : " I want to give to whom I love the world that I saw when I was a human"

ending his long lonely and miserable journey.

who thought that the most powerful vampire is just a human now( lol glad he didn't die)
and at the end of thie journey yuki was truely his light.

and look at kaname's daughter! she is gorgeous pureblood :-P
May 26, 2013 3:40 AM

Sep 2009
Elyniac said:
Biggest disappointment in my shoujo manga reading career. D'8

+1
May 26, 2013 9:54 AM
Mar 2011
okay what chapter does yuuki and kaname make their daughter
I don't think kaname's one do it with her when he wanted to leave
or make another pureblood with the curse of eternity

Kaname had a lover before yuuki
why is yuuki a slut?
kaname gave his full approval for yuuki and zero
yuuki was with kaname out of obligation
she wasn't happy
and Kaname's greatest wish is for Yuuki to be happy
for a person like Kaname Yuuki's happiness is his happiness
Kaname's knows with all his angst about his past he cannot make her happy
one would wonder if his heart is still with his first love
Kaname knows human Yuuki has grown to love Zero
Zero is someone she can laugh and joke with
Kaname is someone she admires
quoting Bleach "admiration is the furthest from understanding"

the ending was rushed
it was indeed crap
May 26, 2013 11:25 AM

May 2013
obviouslygeeky said:
IA with everything you said. Basically the only reason people convince themselves that Zero is a substitute is because they want to be in denial about the fact that Yuuki loved both guys and did in fact end up happily with one of them. Yuuki loved Kaname but he wasn't the right choice for her, and Kaname KNEW he wasn't good for her, I am very sure that is one of the reasons he pushed her towards Zero, he knew Zero was better for her. We get to see that Yuuki still cared about Kaname - she mourns him, which she would do for anyone but to say she spent years obsessing over him and never got over him is a stretch (someone said it earlier on the thread) because even though I am sure she would of visited him during the thousand year period this isn't mentioned or shown, the mentions of Kaname are just about Kaname, not Yume. If Kaname had truly been the only person for Yuuki she would of never 'settled' for another guy, she would of stayed true to Kaname and never moved on. What happened instead was that she always remembered Kaname but moved on with a guy she was in love with, got married, raised kids and lived a full life. She says she was happy. I know people get irritated that Zero said he wouldn't wait for Yuuki but he knows what Yuuki is like and he knows her feelings towards him - he has drunk her blood, he knows that she loves him (the kiss at the ball and the scenes before, during and after her taking Zero's memories show this) and that Yuuki, like him, needs to stop hiding from her feelings. That is why he makes the fervent declaration he does, it's because he knows if he waits Yuuki will either waste years or never confront her feelings due to guilt over what happened to Kaname.

It's so obvious that fans wanted Yuuki to either die to with Kaname or to spend her life mourning him. So even if she says that she was happy, appears to be happy and had an entire life all on her own... she still MUST have been miserable.

The fact that she moved on with the guy she had an emotional, sometimes physical, affair with throughout 100% of her relationship with Kaname is hard to deal with if you were in denial about her obvious fickleness. It is confirmation of her always desiring someone else while she was madly in live with Kaname and then HAPPILY getting with that person once he's gone. It's why she's a "slut," but she's also a miserable slut.
May 26, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
obviouslygeeky said:
I'm not too sure why people were expecting that suddenly the writing was going to be amazing and we would get an actual plot after chapters and chapters of fail.

This.

Aw man, I've been reading Vampire Knight for 5 years and the last 40 chapters have been such a nonsensical disappointment yet I kept going cause I used to love the manga and tbh I'm not even that disappointed with the ending. I mean, I didn't exoect anything good so it's all cool.
The whole thing with having two kids, one Kaname's and one Zero's is major bs though, I don't see why we had to have that but other than that idk man she ended the manga as well as she could, after screwing up the plot.
I'm actually kinda emotional about it ending. It really loved this manga when I was 13.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 26, 2013 12:40 PM

Mar 2011
dann_anime said:
Well kaname is Hino's favorite character

Well no effing duh.
May 26, 2013 1:06 PM

May 2013
graymoontsuki said:

Chapter 88.

He tells Yuuki he will show her where her hear really is by banging her, er, I mean by making sweet love to her. But, the next day he decides to die. Also, the next day Yuuki is still emotional over Zero.

I don't know, it was kind of pointless. She could have just drawn some HinoxKaname and kept it stashed away. But, the public had to know that Kaname would not die a virgin.
May 26, 2013 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
Edefrem said:
dann_anime said:
Well kaname is Hino's favorite character

Well no effing duh.

And that is also the reason why Hino next project should be a collection OF.... Wait for it....

But I'll be nice to her! I know it must be hard to have the talent to do good manga series, but not the ability!
May 26, 2013 3:27 PM
May 2013
wait up....how can one thousand years pass with both of yuuki's children looking like they're 16 year olds?
i get the theory that the girl could be kaname and yuuki's daughter so she's a pureblood that doesnt age...but the boy is obviously zero's son, so how come he hasn't aged?? or is it cuz he is a half pureblood? but then zero and yuuki had their child after yuuki and kaname had their child so they still shouldnt look the same age..hmmm..
May 26, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2009
SayNOtoIncest said:
graymoontsuki said:
I don't know, it was kind of pointless. She could have just drawn some HinoxKaname and kept it stashed away. But, the public had to know that Kaname would not die a virgin.

can't stop laughing :D
uh but yeah, more than this final chapter being Yume or Zeki it was about Kaname redeeming himself and finally getting happiness so yeah the thoughts on Kaname being Hino's favorite character are probably spot on. Poor Yuuki, heroine of the story, of course gets no letter, only the awesome boys get such love from the author :/

memoribilia said:
wait up....how can one thousand years pass with both of yuuki's children looking like they're 16 year olds?
i get the theory that the girl could be kaname and yuuki's daughter so she's a pureblood that doesnt age...but the boy is obviously zero's son, so how come he hasn't aged?? or is it cuz he is a half pureblood? but then zero and yuuki had their child after yuuki and kaname had their child so they still shouldnt look the same age..hmmm..

This whole aging thing has always perplexed me, it makes no sense. Yuuki's parents both looked like young adults to me (like 18-20 years old) and Yuuki herself looks a bit older by the end of the manga (she was 17 when she morphed back to a pureblood and appearance wise at the end I'd say she looked the same as her parents 18-20) and Isaya and Rido looked older too, like 20-22 I'd say. However Yuuki's kids look both look younger, I think 15-16 like you say. Purebloods must stop aging at some point in their teenage or adult years but maybe this varies with the individual? If the girl is Kaname's daughter she must be pretty old at this stage so it's odd...
obviouslygeekyMay 26, 2013 10:19 PM
May 26, 2013 8:02 PM
Sep 2012
The ending was beautiful, from a ZeroxYuuki fan of 5 years. I know some people have been following for 8 years, but it's still incredibly important to me, and since the ending of the anime I watched when I was 12 gave me a psychotic breakdown and made me want to murder puppies, it really could not have been worse. At least in this ending, everyone is happy (I fell in as deep love as is possible with a fictional character with Zero and he really got f**ked in the anime, so that crushed me) and it's not a fairy-tale happily-ever-after ending (I have had nothing but the utmost respect for Hino for not making Yuuki and Kaname's time together a happily-ever-after. Because that never happens in real life. There are issues in real life that need to be persevered through. Yuuki and Zero did live happily together for 1000 years, but Yuuki says they quarreled a lot, which strangely made me really happy. Probably because only equal partners, like Kaname and Yuuki weren't, argue, and like a real-life relationship, they argued and had rough moments, which I can totally see Yuuki and Zero having, but they worked through it for 1000 years and to me that's beautiful.). Zero and Yuuki get to live with somebody they love deeply and Kaname gets another chance at life. He already had his time with Yuuki and it nearly broke her, whereas Yuuki and Zero were best friends that got along very well. Yuuki was not his key to happiness. Freedom from his burdens was.

I feel like these are things people seem to be in denial about:

1. She's Kaname's daughter. Hino's playing halfsies, and loves both pairings enough to make a kid for each, not be so lopsided in choosing a pairing by making two kids for one ship. Plus, when you insert a sex scene in a teen romance, it usually means something. If it wasn't Kaname's daughter, they probably would have just been kissing while she cried. And the daughter would not have that imperial look in her eyes. And if it wasn't Kaname's daughter, she would not call her mum's old lover with no connection to her her father. I mean, if your mother introduced her ex-boyfriend to you, would you go "HELLO OTHER DADDY <3"? Come on guys, she's Kaname's daughter. We Zekis have already taken home enough gold.
2. Zero was not just a fallback for Yuuki. She's really, really loved him. She could not stop thinking about him during her time with Kaname. With Kaname's pushing and Zero allowing himself to be happy, they finally can have a beautiful relationship together.
3. Kaname crossed Yuuki's mind more than once during that time. She really really loved him as well. She probably grieved for a very long time, but she tried to go by Kaname's dying wish for her to be happy and to have Zero at her side. But it wasn't happily ever after for her. She probably missed Kaname like she missed Zero (but I imagine our sweet dependable Zero would have been a lot more understanding and loving when she was pining for him... even though Kaname arranged his family to be slaughtered before his eyes, made him turn into what he hates, and then ran off and slept with the girl he loves... I think Zero would have been kind and understanding and helpful like he's always been, unlike Kaname, who btdubbs also had another person in his heart, who threw a hissy fit and told the girl he's supposed to love that she's horrible and suggested that she suffer for the rest of her life as punishment for loving someone but resisting all her temptations.... I know it may be shocking but I'm not the biggest fan of Kaname)
4. Ummm... how can you guys have followed this series that includes incest for this long and be such puritans? YUUKI IS NOT A SLUT. You know, most people in their lives sleep with more than one person in their lifetime. And when they sleep with someone, it isn't a life-binding contract. Seriously, the slut-shaming of this character is disgusting. I don't even understand how you guys can dislike her for any reason other than her questionable decision-making skills (yea, she kinda dumb). But she's only wanted everyone to be happy, and that's her motivation behind everything she does. She's an idealist and desperately wants there to be coexistence and happiness. And in her .....*cringe* decision-making.... she always did whatever she believed would make both guys happy. Zero told her he never wanted to see her again, which is why she was so okay with leaving with Kaname. She wanted to make Kaname live a happy life as a human, so she erased Zero's memories too so he could live a happy life without her memory as a burden. And she has every right to sleep with her fiancee, and she has every right to live happily with someone else after her fiancee dies-ish. Sex is not a life-long branding. What century do we live in?
alysonskyeMay 26, 2013 8:09 PM
May 26, 2013 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
Well that was a strange ending and the thousand year time skip is not something I would have predicted - It basically is a threesome ending in a way. Kaname dyes and then comes back at the very end as a human. Yuuki is the one that dies to make him human.
I don't know why some where saying Zero died - he didn't - she was putting flowers on his family grave and talking to him about the happiness they had together - they had children. The grave was his brother's and his parents not his. Then she dies and Kaname comes back to life as human without the memories.

I am not sure from the wording if the girl was Kaname's child and the boy Zero's that is what I thought, but they both could be Zero's - the girl said her other father - so Kaname could be her bio father while Zero raised her. I am taking it that she had one kid with each guy.

It seemed like the other vampires went on - and he didn't really die in the end Yuuki did. It seemed to me that Zero was still alive and with the children and she had decided at this time to put the furnace out and make Kaname human.
It was a better ending than what I heard from everyone saying it was terrible but it was still sort of too little too late to redeme some of the things in the manga that went wrong.

But really it did troll the fans of both ships as the guys both had a special bond with her - as evidenced by that group hug and by her having a kid from each of them- And I'm glad it was Yuuki that died and not the guys.

I get where some of you are saying that Zero died, but it seemed to me that they were visiting his family grave and she had decided to die to turn Kaname human after they had been together for a thousand years, she was talking to him like he was there I did not take it that she was talking to a ghost. She said your brother and parents grave - she didn't say it was his grave.

But that might just be my take on it since Zero is one of my favorite characters.

But if he did die after being with her for a thousand years so be it, I can deal with that too, and in a way that would make sense that Zero and Yuuki would be gone before she would raise Kaname so he would have a fresh start without them or his memories of his dark past and just awaken as a human rather nice for him.

There is often a let down after the ending of a manga so I didn't want to read this when I had to work 10 and 12 hour days this week, and this is a significant ending for me since I have a lot of time and money spent on this, it was one of my first mangas and I've been reading it for a long time like 7 years I think.
inzarathaMay 27, 2013 10:15 AM
May 26, 2013 10:33 PM
Mar 2011
SayNOtoIncest said:
graymoontsuki said:

Chapter 88.

He tells Yuuki he will show her where her hear really is by banging her, er, I mean by making sweet love to her. But, the next day he decides to die. Also, the next day Yuuki is still emotional over Zero.

it was chapter 89
thanx

i still do think zero -kun died because he's not a pure blood , and former human
i do not see why else yuuki would wait a thousand years

the biggest irritation I have is when people don't think yuuki truly loves zero
or that zero is one that makes yuuki happy
if kaname's made yuuki happy i'd be all for it

i looked at the last part again and yuuki had a very happy face when she talks about zero
May 26, 2013 10:36 PM

May 2013
Zero is also my favorite character.

But, he died. He passed on. He saw the light. He's at a better place where there is no Kaname. I would say Yuuki, but she is about to impose. She was burying his gun with Ichiru, in place of a funeral, and reflecting on their life together.

Do you really think Yuuki would do that if Zero was still alive?

"Hey, babe, gotta go die now and save Kaname now. Waz nice sexing with u 4 the past 1000 yrs! I'm sure u'll find another wife, I hear Maria's single, I just loved seeing you 2 hang out! I'll just visit your family's grave and say goodbye then. Btw... I stole your most prized possession so I can bury it wit the dead people. Hehe."

the biggest irritation I have is when people don't think yuuki truly loves zero

Yuuki said she loved him. They're deep in denial about that and her unfaithfulness. I guess Kaname watching her kiss another guy didn't make it obvious...
May 26, 2013 10:52 PM

Jun 2009
inzaratha said:
I don't know why some where saying Zero died - he didn't - she was putting flowers on his family grave and talking to him about the happiness they had together - they had children. The grave was his brother's and his parents not his. Then she dies and Kaname comes back to life as human without the memories.

The reason why people think that he is dead is because Zero wouldn't have an actual grave as he would of just turned to dust so Yuuki is visiting the site of his family grave as a place to go remember him and she places the Bloody Rose + flowers there. If Zero was still alive there is no way she would of had his weapon, Zero would of still had it. When Yuuki speaks of them living happily and fighting she is remembering the time they had together before he passed away, it's heavily implied that he has passed away and that Yuuki is speaking to his spirit/remembering him.

alysonskye said:
There are issues in real life that need to be persevered through. Yuuki and Zero did live happily together for 1000 years, but Yuuki says they quarreled a lot, which strangely made me really happy. Probably because only equal partners, like Kaname and Yuuki weren't, argue, and like a real-life relationship, they argued and had rough moments, which I can totally see Yuuki and Zero having, but they worked through it for 1000 years and to me that's beautiful.). Zero and Yuuki get to live with somebody they love deeply and Kaname gets another chance at life. He already had his time with Yuuki and it nearly broke her, whereas Yuuki and Zero were best friends that got along very well. Yuuki was not his key to happiness. Freedom from his burdens was.

IA even though they care about each other the Zero/Yuuki dynamic has always showed them having quarrels (I'm talking about when Yuuki was in the day class and grew up with Zero). When Yuuki wonders about what it would be like if they were both humans the scenario she imagines involves Yuuki scolding for him. It's very similar to Yuuki's parents, what we briefly saw of them shows that they were really in love but had silly arguments and banter. Also, like you said, it's only realistic that after being together for a long period of time it's natural that a couple will have serious disagreements, part of being a couple is learning how to get through these disagreements and compromise.
I prefer realistic josei romance over the idealized romance of shōjo manga so I think a ton of things which many readers dislike about VK (Yuuki sleeping with both guys) didn't anger me the way it does some readers. The thing I didn't like about Yuuki/Kaname sleeping together was it was fanservice pure and simple so that Yuuki could have a child by both guys but that doesn't make Yuuki a slut. IDK I never like it when fandom uses these labels on female characters anyway, it always feel like fandom is much harsher on female characters compared to male characters who rarely if ever, get branded in this manner.
May 26, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2013
I think a ton of things which many readers dislike about VK (Yuuki sleeping with both guys) didn't anger me the way it does some readers.

I think it was another example of poor writing. In the midst of everything we randomly get a "Yuuki loses her virginity chapter." And it was not particularly romantic either, which is what you expect from a shoujo deflowering.

I know I made fun of it earlier, but I was not outraged.

It is the sort of dimwitted thing people do when they have their back against a wall. Obviously, a lot of people don't plan on two-timing or being ridiculously attracted to someone else. But, it happens. And it's not out of character for a girl like Yuuki to think that losing her virginity to her boyfriend would help her get over her two-timing buddy and make her 100% devoted. Some people really do think sex will solve everything.

But, it didn't really accomplish much of anything. Cause, unsurprisingly, the next day she was wrapped up in those sex sheets getting excited because "he's (Zero's) here. Pointless. Yuuki is still confused as hell.
May 27, 2013 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
Meh. Basically, Zero did not remain inmortal, Yuki was impregnated by Kuran that night, and then later by Zero at some point. 1 thousand years later, some stuff happens in the background, Zero dies of natural causes or some accident, she decides to awaken Kuran so he can become human and... die a normal life in sacrifice for her own life. Ok, whatever.

Oh well, it was alright, for the most part, barring lackluster and sudden ending. At least it was a better ending than Negima. Also, at least Zero ended up with the girl. Sorta.
May 27, 2013 2:09 AM

Jun 2010
Eovine said:
Elyniac said:

+1
May 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Dec 2011
Elyniac said:

Biggest disappointment in my manga reading career.
fxd.

This ending was anticlimactic.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.