Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2007 10:54 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a beautiful episode. I just loved how they played that children song. I can't believe the ride is almost over, looking forward to the final episode.
Oct 13, 2007 3:36 AM

Oct 2006
Yep, it was great indeed. I also love the song. The short version is on the OST II but I can't find the full one :/ Speaking of which, the second OST is great. Better then the first.
Looking forward to see the conclusion to this great show.

edit: Actually the full version of the song "Nahji no Uta" is on the first OST.
KayrhandrosOct 13, 2007 4:01 AM
Oct 13, 2007 6:31 AM

Aug 2007
Amazing Episode. Song fited there well.

To think it will end next week :')
Oct 13, 2007 6:51 AM

Jun 2007
great ep, it made me sad tho :/ one more ep then its over, wonder if we'd see balsa and tanda together as a happy end
Oct 13, 2007 10:38 AM

Mar 2007
Amazing episode. For a while I thought the show had only 25 episodes, so I thought it would have ended there. But I paused it before the credits and looked on my list and seen it was 26 episodes. I can't wait for the last episode... this series started out kinda boring... then turned into something amazing.
Oct 13, 2007 11:34 AM

Apr 2007
Agreed, this ep was pretty awesome, I lold it when Shaman Torogai poked that dead La Lunga, and how Balsa and Tanda held hand in hand to extract the egg, followed by that Nahji no Uta. Just awesome, everything was fit into place, cant wait for next episode. I cant believe it's ending soon..;_;
Oct 13, 2007 10:46 PM
Aug 2007
Wow, so it looks like I'm in the minority when I express little more than dissapointment at this episode, which I found to be an underwhelming experience to say the least. In terms of its degree of excitement, or its emotional impact, the episode falls bellow many other episodes earlier in the series (episode 3 and episode 21 jump to mind). The production values that were so apparent much earlier in the series appeared to have jumped ship in this episode, as the fight scenes were poorly rendered and boasted an obviously low frame-rate. Much of my dislike for the animation this episode may stem from the way the claw monsters were animated - they were far too lacking in detail department to appear either threatening, or even look like a believable living creature. IG's use of CG in this show has been (thankfully) restrained to subtle touches to background animation, but when it was used for these creatures it came off looking very poor. The background art in this episode was less remarkable than it has frequently been in the past.

But I am no action-junkie, and a good story, with strong emotional themes is something I value highly. However, this episode felt sloppily written, failing entirely to bring together the escalating tension and thematic developments into something powerful or memorable. A good story should weave in a build-up in its themes and character development to deliver a strong climax, but in the case of Seirei no Moribito they meander around the series, resulting in this episode falling very flat. I feel like I've been cheated, letting all that story development go to waste on something so straightforward and uncompelling as this. Sure, we still have the epilogue in episode 26 to look forward to, but using an epilogue to pay-off a dramatic story is a very cheap trick indeed. It will have to be pretty damned fantastic to redeem this sultry affair.

I smell wated potential, and it stinks.
Mar 5, 2008 6:36 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The animation quality indoubtfully went in the last few episodes, which left me puzzled.... Were they rushing it or what? Why weren't they spending more time making an high quality ending?

Anyway, a LOT of symbolism in this episode. Especially the "birth" scene, which is a rite of passage for Chagum into adulthood (kind of similar to some tribe where girls must give birth before attaining the rank of women) It is also noticeable how the three "family" members, Balsa, Tanda and Chagum assisted the birth of the egg.....

Animation fails compared to the beginning of the season (or is it just A-Kraze bad rendering for the last few episodes??) but still very good. The battles between the hunters and the La Lunga was just too simplistically animated compared to the battles of Jiguro. But the story part was really really satisfying.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 15, 2009 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode, the fight and struggle is over.
Feb 3, 2009 6:08 AM

Jan 2009
This was another good episode. For some reason the use of music stuck out to me. Whether it was during the final battle with the La Lungas or anywhere else throughout the episode I thought the use and choice of music were spot on and helped accentuate the scenes they were used in.
Apr 7, 2009 6:14 PM

Feb 2009
I think the bird who took the egg is the one Sagam freed before dying.
Jun 23, 2009 12:57 AM

Nov 2007
Wow it's nearly over, what an interesting way it was all conducted.
Aug 7, 2009 6:41 AM

Jun 2008
I could only say that it was an Awesome episode...
Dec 17, 2009 2:57 PM

May 2009
I liked it a lot too. Even though there were tentacle monsters everywhere. I also like the children's song a lot. It felt a little awkward to watch Chagum care for the egg as it was his baby or something, lol.
Mar 30, 2010 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
lol, I thought that was weird too... he was talking to it like a proud mama.... not to mention the labor pains. XD

The fighting scenes in this ep and the previous ep weren't nearly as awesome as the earlier battles. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to smoothly animate a battle with a weird crab-like tentacle creature and combine it with the amazing martial arts that could be seen throughout the series...

Still, the emotional aspect of the show was still spot on and the music emphasized it perfectly. I love the Nahji no Uta song... ever since the first episode it's been stuck in my head. ^_^

Now the only things left to do are marry off Tanda and Balsa, put Chagum back in the palace and make sure to record these events so that the next Nyunga Ro Im will be protected the way he or she should be. No more of these false histories.

I'm really sad that it's coming to an end. TT-TT I want to see more! *runs off to watch ep 26*
Jun 15, 2010 11:10 PM
Feb 2008
Fionartan said:
lol, I thought that was weird too... he was talking to it like a proud mama.... not to mention the labor pains. XD

I loled at that part too. I guess childbirth even when it's a spiritual C-section is a literal pain in the ass!

Although all of this has me wonder how other Egg holders were taken care of? They said the Yakue people handled it in centuries past by themselves though in some cases it wasn't always good for the carrier.

Also I had no idea that the nahji was the species of the bird that Sagum was taking care of! Did they tell us that before or was it never revealed?
thatguyJun 15, 2010 11:15 PM
Jul 6, 2010 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
they only told that it was the same bird, which bones are made to these charms to bless travellers. Only the opening sequence may have revealed it a bit.

And I agree it wouldn't wonder me if it really was Sagums bird.
Jul 6, 2010 6:01 PM
May 2008
Great series, but that was rather anticlimactic.

Also, lol @ all eight attacking the La Lunga to no avail.... then realizing while fighting the horde "oh, if we stab it in the face it will die."
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 11, 2010 12:49 AM

May 2008
Fionartan said:

Lol yeah... a bit weird.

That said, beautiful episode. When the nahji came around, it just... fit. Everything clicked together at that moment.

NeloDeath said:

Also, lol @ all eight attacking the La Lunga to no avail.... then realizing while fighting the horde "oh, if we stab it in the face it will die."

Haha XD
Jul 15, 2010 10:38 AM
Apr 2010
So...That's how males give birth? O.o
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2010 6:39 AM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode!!

I actually think I liked this part better in the anime, than in the novel.

The insert song was just perfect, it really brought out the intensity of what was happening.

It's easy to forget just how important to the world, this all was.

The extracting scenes was magical!

When Balsa ran an threw the egg into the air, and the the Naji grabbing it was so epic!!

Now, I can finally read the second novel. I wanted to wait until I watched the anime before I read it.

But, I may have to go back and re-read the first novel before I do.

Urahara Out!!
Aug 3, 2010 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
Chagum doesn't only hold the egg but other being as well.

The battle between the horde's of La lunga was great, but I wish the Elite force of the emperor would be part of the battle

Extracting the egg was like CS method hehe,

The Nahji looks like the pet of Prince Sagum..

8mins left till my DL for ep 26 finishes, damn I'm still in intense mode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 8, 2010 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
Washi said:
Wow, so it looks like I'm in the minority when I express little more than dissapointment at this episode, which I found to be an underwhelming experience to say the least. In terms of its degree of excitement, or its emotional impact, the episode falls bellow many other episodes earlier in the series (episode 3 and episode 21 jump to mind). The production values that were so apparent much earlier in the series appeared to have jumped ship in this episode, as the fight scenes were poorly rendered and boasted an obviously low frame-rate. Much of my dislike for the animation this episode may stem from the way the claw monsters were animated - they were far too lacking in detail department to appear either threatening, or even look like a believable living creature. IG's use of CG in this show has been (thankfully) restrained to subtle touches to background animation, but when it was used for these creatures it came off looking very poor. The background art in this episode was less remarkable than it has frequently been in the past.

Actually... I found this episode a little bit underwhelming as well. Somehow, I expected a lot more... I don't know what exactly, but it just felt like there was this huge and spectacular build up to something that couldn't match the extremely high standards of previous episodes.

I still liked the episode, no doubt about that. I still think this is a truly wonderful series. I enjoyed it. But it still felt like it was missing something.

(Um... Chagum "giving birth" to the egg was plain weird, sorry. And then talking to it like a baby. DX'' Anyway...)

Still looking forward to the next episode... XD Too bad it seems like Chagum won't be living in some secluded place with Balsa and Tanda, as Tanda proposed to Balsa a couple of episodes ago. Ohhh well... His strong sense of duty is admirable. I suppose.
Sep 9, 2010 2:56 PM

May 2010
I thought it was funny when he gave birth, he sounds like a mother. Anyways, I feel sorry for that bear...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 19, 2010 7:15 AM

Dec 2008
Confucius said:
I thought it was funny when he gave birth, he sounds like a mother. Anyways, I feel sorry for that bear...

yeah the poor bear, I hope nobody dies in the last episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2010 3:49 AM

Oct 2010
You know, first time watching I didn't think much about how awkward the birth scene was. After reading reviews and visiting forums, watching the scene again it did feel pretty awkward. Ha, I'm glad I never read reviews before watching something.

Beautiful how the story was wrapped up. Sighed when Chagum was tearing after his baby was taken away (yes, the water spirit is officially his baby.)

I agree that the animation could've been better, they've DONE better, made me wonder as well. Usually you can see the emotion and gestures the characters have whenever they speak, but for this one episode the most epic moment was only when Balsa was throwing the egg to the nahji (yes, please, make it Sagum's nahji. I'm really that fool of a romanticist.)

Huff. Father mother and child altogether. This is just too nostalgic.
Jan 7, 2011 1:03 PM

Oct 2009
Great episode! But Chagum giving birth was rather disturbing XD
And i think the bird was the one that Sagum had :O
Feb 22, 2011 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:
Anyway, a LOT of symbolism in this episode. Especially the "birth" scene, which is a rite of passage for Chagum into adulthood (kind of similar to some tribe where girls must give birth before attaining the rank of women) It is also noticeable how the three "family" members, Balsa, Tanda and Chagum assisted the birth of the egg...

Not to mention that there were eight nahji ;)

Loved it, can't wait for the last episode!
thatguy said:

Also I had no idea that the nahji was the species of the bird that Sagum was taking care of! Did they tell us that before or was it never revealed?

I don't think they stated that. But I called it anyway right when the first mention of a nahji bird took place 8D nyah nyah.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 9, 2012 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
That entire scene with Nahji no Uta playing in the background. Just beautiful.
Mar 17, 2012 1:13 AM
Nov 2011
Looks like the boy experienced the pain of pregnancy.
Aug 8, 2012 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
Beautiful. I'm watching the serie for the third time (I watch it every year in the summer).

Yeah, the Nahji that took the egg was surely Sagum's. If you think back at the flashback when they were little and took the nahji at the palace, and if you also think at Sagum's death, when he let the nahji go, this scene in the 25th episode becomes way more touching.
It's like the bird being grateful for the brothers taking care of it, and also it's like Sagum is still there to take care of his little brother.
Aug 18, 2012 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
Confucius said:

Ohhh, if the nahji was the one he took in I would love that!

Splendid episode.

Edit: 2016 watch. Yeah I recall the ending being a bit underwhelming, story-wise. But I think the bond of Balsa and Chagum is more of my focus.
Even when they were... extracting the egg, that was a family moment right there. :)
MirorinJan 23, 2016 9:08 PM
Sep 18, 2012 6:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved this episode. The music just really fitted what was happening.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2012 3:24 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, that poor bear.

One more episode left!
Jun 29, 2013 7:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I wonder why Tanda asked Balsa to take out the egg? Could he not have done it himself? Poor Chagum in pain when they were extracting the egg out. I like how much Chagum cared for the egg. That last part where Balsa through the egg up in the air was amazing, like a huge sense of accomplishment and burden had just lifted. Like many people stated, the Nahji that came back and took the egg reminded me of the same one that Sagum freed. I would like to think that they are the same one. It would be kind of like the circle of life (as cheesy as that may sound), Sagum's death, and the birth of the water spirit. Oh and the part where Chagum hugs Balsa, saying that he trusted that Balsa would come, that was really touching ;_;
Feb 16, 2014 7:17 AM

Nov 2009
Looked like he was giving birth that episode, even was all weakened but wanted to see his baby at the end of it all. Anyways this episode somewhat was slightly disappointing, feel it could have been better, however still looking forward to the last episode.
May 11, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:

I thought of the same thing

thatguy said:
Fionartan said:

and this haha
Aug 17, 2014 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
A Teenage Boy Giving Birth, First time Seeing Something like That, Well Something like That Can Happen Only In Anime LOL
Jan 16, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
Great soundtrack. The birthing process went well. I thought there would be at least one tragic death.
Jan 28, 2015 1:22 AM

Mar 2013
12 year old boys giving birth is a fetish of mine, it makes me happy to see it in a TV show made for children. never did I think we would progress so much as a society.
if anyone can recommend me any other anime with little pregnant boys, I would greatly appreciate it.
meditate on bass weight.
Feb 16, 2015 12:06 PM
Aug 2014
Looks like everything went well, but there's still the final episode and those three archers.
Feb 20, 2015 5:43 AM

Jul 2013
So Chagum was able to give birth to a healthy glowing,blue Nyunga Ro Chaga egg without La Runga ripping him apart.What a champ, holding it down and persevering through those terrible labour pains.It was a pity Tanda and Balsa didn't let him at least embrace the product of his labour before the Nahji came to carry it away.None the less,a lovely epsiode.Nobody died,water spirit survived so no drought and the appropriate heir to the Yogo empire will succeed his father.
Such a shame that Balsa and Chagum will be parted but i suppose she has fulfilled her promise to Chagum and her vow to Jiguro.I hope she tries to take it easy after this,maybe even start working with Tanda on making some little Tandas and Balsas of their own.She seems like she's ready to be a mom and I'm sure Tanda would be a great dad to their future kids.
Confucius said:
I thought it was funny when he gave birth, he sounds like a mother.
Lol I suppose it's due to him carrying the egg inside of him for a good while now and it seems that he was able to communicate with it so maybe in a sense he shared a bond of some kind with it.
Incr3dibl3Aug 25, 2015 8:20 PM
Mar 21, 2015 1:18 AM

Nov 2013
I wonder what was the point of summoning those three archers earlier and if they will serve any purpose. I doubt it assuming that next episode will be a closing episode.

The fight against the Rarunga got pretty stale. The CG all over the place didn't help either though it's expected when there's so much shit on screen to animate.

Balsa and Tanda extracting that water spirit from Chagum was a nice metaphor for labor. Heh.

I found it funny how Shuga tried to help the others but failed because he was unable to see Nayug.

Not the best climax but it was pretty good.

7.5/10 Last episode is probably going to be pretty slow-paced so I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

Apr 7, 2015 8:46 PM

Sep 2013
Congratulations, Chagum, you're now a mommy!
Apr 11, 2015 12:38 AM

Mar 2015
Wow the ending with the children's song was great(I always love those ;P)
So the journey is almost over...
Apr 29, 2015 7:07 PM

Nov 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:
Jun 24, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
Congrats Chagum!!

The show is really all about being an adult and especially the hardships of parenthood huh?

The birthing scene was really awkward but at the same time it looked beautiful.

Poor bear. Was it a dog or a bear? The one that was eaten by the la lunga?
Sep 27, 2015 7:22 PM

Dec 2010
Err well that was a vaguely easy extraction, not sure how they did it. It was awkward since it looked like a boy was giving birth.

Other than that -- it was pretty cool that Prince Sagum's nahji (?) was the one that took the egg.

Happy end to the climax, glad to see no one died.
Sep 28, 2015 2:30 AM

Mar 2012
Great episode. That was one heck of a battle.

Cau-ca-sian said:
Looks like the boy experienced the pain of pregnancy.

Was thinking the same thing xD

kapanihan said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

I believe so as well.
Jan 2, 2016 9:05 PM
Jun 2013
In the beginning of the episode Tanda said he had to put a spell on the flowers for warriors to be able to use them, but then...did nothing...

Underwhelming honestly, but from the last few episodes I'm not surprised. The beginning of this series was clearly it's best and I felt it gradually becoming less interesting.

Hopefully there'll be a good final episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 18, 2007

55 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:54 PM

» Why does balsa leave for kambal in the end (her hometown)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2023

9 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 5, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.