Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2013 4:31 PM
Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
a good episosde it was prtty close though the part with the knife at the end seemed impossible even for an anime. i like the way this episode shows that even as master assassins they still find jobs life threatening and difficult its lucky they dont have identities as they leave alot of evidence at the crime scenes
May 16, 2013 11:42 PM

May 2010
Does the princess not know how to use a gun?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 20, 2013 12:54 AM

Sep 2012
That was one awesome stunt jump kill.
Mar 2, 2014 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
That rope trick was nasty

I fcking love the ED
May 19, 2014 7:32 PM

Apr 2008
Been Dying to find out what OST was played during the beginning of the episode when Mireille was young. It sounds a bit similar to Zero Hour.
Jun 29, 2015 2:31 PM

Jul 2014
i effin loved this episode! :)

and yay, a kiss... oh wait! :P
Aug 13, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but man the lack of blood really is disappointing.

I didn't even knew Kirika was hurt. Love her rope trick when he killed the last man. Genius and badass!

Also disappointed with Silvana. She was dubbed the most brutal princess in the world, yet she gets owned in two episodes. Was hoping she would become an important character or possibly main antagonist in the series, but she's just a character that appeared in Mirelle's childhood back then.

That kiss didn't even make sense. They only met once in her lifetime.

And all of this for a contract paper? At least we're getting more clues to who and what Soldats is.

Can't wait for the next episode
Jun 16, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
SomaHeir said:

@SomaHeir

When you look at what that kiss implied, it actually makes a whole lot of sense. The mafia queen's kiss was a power move more than anything else. With that kiss, she was saying, "I can do anything I want to you and you're not going to do a thing about it,". Ever since Mirielle and the queen were kids, the queen/princess held a position of superiority over Mirielle and how she did it has stuck with Mirielle over the years. What the kiss did was re-affirm the queen's indomitable control over Mirielle. You could see this when, right after the kiss, Mirielle raised her fist to punch the Mafia queen and she GRABBED MIRIELLE'S WRIST WITH A COLD SMIRK ON HER FACE! This whole sequence has a stench of elitism all over it.

Hopefully, I helped you understand this scene and what this meant to the entire episode.
Jul 6, 2016 6:10 AM

Jan 2016
I still don't know exactly what's going on. That upside down shot from Kirika was awesome tho
Aug 12, 2017 9:00 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
bmoore07 said:
SomaHeir said:

@SomaHeir

When you look at what that kiss implied, it actually makes a whole lot of sense. The mafia queen's kiss was a power move more than anything else. With that kiss, she was saying, "I can do anything I want to you and you're not going to do a thing about it,". Ever since Mirielle and the queen were kids, the queen/princess held a position of superiority over Mirielle and how she did it has stuck with Mirielle over the years. What the kiss did was re-affirm the queen's indomitable control over Mirielle. You could see this when, right after the kiss, Mirielle raised her fist to punch the Mafia queen and she GRABBED MIRIELLE'S WRIST WITH A COLD SMIRK ON HER FACE! This whole sequence has a stench of elitism all over it.

Hopefully, I helped you understand this scene and what this meant to the entire episode.

Also because, even if it's not true, we have a saying in italy: Il bacio della morte (The kiss of death). A mafiaboss would give it to you, to show you that you will die one way or another. Your time is over.

Nov 8, 2017 7:11 AM

Aug 2015
The anime logic in this episode is on point. Kirika jumped down from that height while tied to a rope and didn't sustain any injuries from the whiplash. Disappointed that this arc is already over but it was still a nice episode, and there's also some more information about the Soldats.
Nov 20, 2017 12:53 AM

Jun 2012
Shout out to Shelley calene-black's performance as Mirielle this episode. Doubt many of you are watching the dub, but for years now I've thought this was her best role by far even though she's still voice acting to this day. The emotion she brings when she freaks out and stabs the Intoccabile was amazingly good, capturing the terrified explosion of rage perfectly.

Crazy to think it was likely dub recorded 15 years ago now... I think it was ahead of its time.

Only real gripe I've ever had with this show was the lack of blood.... sorry, I don't want to be vulgar, but when people are getting shot and killed left and right, you need to see blood ala Black Lagoon. Never understood why they made that decision... probably trying to keep it PG-13 for more audience coverage. Hope one day somebody goes back and edits some blood into it
Jan 6, 2018 11:01 AM
Oct 2017
I mentioned the lack of blood in an earlier post. It was definitely for censorship reasons, due to the TV channel it was going to be aired on.
Mar 7, 2018 6:06 PM
Mar 2017
good episode as usual but some things were just too stupid for me to ignore them

I mean, are the characters really that dumb? no matter how paralyzed with fear you are, not shooting at the person you need to shoot that's running towards you from meters away?? considering you've been an assassin for a big chunk of your life?? I swallowed it the first time last episode, but again??

also why the fuck would the princess just bring a dagger into the fight? alright, the whole fear thing and all but seriously, JUST the dagger? and to trust that mireille wouldn't shoot her before she even got a chance to get close?

and then the absurd accuracy of noir's shot. her shooting some guys in the dark only by the sound they make in that episode was a pretty believable show of abilty but this is just stupid.

also even with the dagger's blade cut in half, why wouldn't such a skilled assassin as the princess not stab it ALL THE WAY against mireille's stomach as her first movement? only half of the blade was her original plan to begin with? that seems stupid and unlikely.

amongst other things... simillar things had already bothered me in previous episodes but this was the epitome. I get the drama intention behind all these plot points, but it just came off to me as a showdown between stupid characters we were lead to believe as highly skilled murderers.
Apr 30, 2019 7:06 PM

May 2010
Yeah, this show is starting to let me down big time, considering how great the atmosphere was right from the beginning. These are two apparently legendary assassins, and they fight with no strategy whatsoever, only being saved by their enemies being equally idiotic. Another thing that bothers me is how the skill level seems to depend on the scene. At one point she's shooting guys in the dark only by the sound they make, then she can't hit some dumbass walking around in the open moonlight blasting an automatic all over the place, but next she can shoot someone on a lower story upside down while diving from above.

If this isn't an action anime, that's fine, but at least making the scenes somewhat believable would go a long way towards selling the drama.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 21, 2022 5:32 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Such a disappointing ending to an act that was building and getting me more invested, pity that it had to end like that, felt poorly executed.
The rest of the episode was well done IMO, the fights were great, for the first time it felt like Kirika was a really assassin, making ambushes, playing smart, because so far Noir deviants a lot from what I would consider to be a true assassin in every sense of the world, thus far most contract kills where a rather hard sell, the main duo supposed to be hired killers, yet most of their work is soo slopy, so rought in planning.

Again, Kirika pulled some awesome stunst here, from among the very best, really felt the struggle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noir Episode 13 Discussion

ApolloFC - Apr 8, 2010

21 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Apr 7, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 20 Discussion

barelyalive - Sep 11, 2011

15 by wildhood »»
Mar 31, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Noir Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kucai82 - Apr 14, 2009

75 by Ibrahim-Overseer »»
Jan 22, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Noir Episode 19 Discussion

Guitarplayer20 - Aug 23, 2013

7 by Noirlax »»
Jan 12, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Noir Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Apr 19, 2010

30 by Warghost »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.